What is the Religion of Love?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Iwannaplato

Re: What is the Religion of Love?

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:47 am It has taken me a long time to fully accept and understand the religion of love.
I now shave my hair off, wear no make-up, wear the same clothes for years and years...have become celibate and have chosen to live alone in solitude for the rest of my life. Something amazing happened, I allowed myself to awaken, and have never been happier or more blissed out than I am right now. Why, because I did not resist the chance to wake-up from the dream of separation that society imposes on your from the moment you are born.

Since allowing myself to break free from the shackles and chains of humanity and it's ways, I'm now living free as an animal, I am an animal, I am as nature is, completely natural and care-free, and totally fearless of dying.
I'm trying to reconclie this with...
At least I know my life sucks, and that I am just another sucker having to endure this suck life...unlike you who believes life is some kind of happy happy joy joy cloud cuckoo land...
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:07 am
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:47 am It has taken me a long time to fully accept and understand the religion of love.
I now shave my hair off, wear no make-up, wear the same clothes for years and years...have become celibate and have chosen to live alone in solitude for the rest of my life. Something amazing happened, I allowed myself to awaken, and have never been happier or more blissed out than I am right now. Why, because I did not resist the chance to wake-up from the dream of separation that society imposes on your from the moment you are born.

Since allowing myself to break free from the shackles and chains of humanity and it's ways, I'm now living free as an animal, I am an animal, I am as nature is, completely natural and care-free, and totally fearless of dying.
I'm trying to reconclie this with...
At least I know my life sucks, and that I am just another sucker having to endure this suck life...unlike you who believes life is some kind of happy happy joy joy cloud cuckoo land...
You do not need to overthink things like this.

Why?

Because they are just my thoughts and feelings as and when they arise in me...sometimes I hate being alive, and other times I'm ok with being alive...I always speak in the moment, and in the moment, I write my feelings just as they are - how they are arising in me, in the moment. I never lie about my feelings and thoughts, I always tell the truth about what I am feeling in the moment.

I'm simply ok with hating being alive as I am being ok with being alive...I am never overwhelmed by my mental state of being, where my feelings and thoughts just spontaneously arise in me, I understand what they are, and so just allow them all to be there, there is never any chaos or confusion when I just allow them to be there...I'm always aware that each new day brings a different mind-set. So I am perfectly ok with the contradictory nature that is my emotional and mental inner world. I understand that I can feel like crap one day, and feel on top of the world the next day. I have no control over what I am going to feel from one minute to the next, and I love that total freedom to be.

I live a care-free life..a life that is free to embrace and fully accept any emotion or feeling that arises in my being, especially my world views...I understand that all my thoughts and feeling are sheer projections anyway, and not the way things actually are..they are just my own personal story that I project as my reality.

Whatever my opinions of life are, they will always being expressed and written in realtime. I have no regrets about any thing I have ever written or expressed on this forum, because every expression has always been a true outpouring of my inner feelings and thoughts at the time they were being written/expressed in realtime. I'm just always being myself, and I have absolutely no problem with being myself, and do not care how I am perceived by others, because I am happy just being me, no matter how 'me' appears to feel or think at any given moment, I'm ok with 'me' because that's what being 'me' is like for me, and I would not change a single thing about 'me' at all, ever. I mean how could I do that, there is no other than me.

I hope that explains why I can appear to be a very paradoxical and contradictory person.

Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:08 pm You do not need to overthink things like this.
It's not overthinking, it's listening. I read what you just wrote and got an odd feeling. But...and I felt like you had expressed anger about life in general and also very negative assessments of your life. And you had.
I hope that explains why I can appear to be a very paradoxical and contradictory person.
You explained it. I understand your explanation.
Because they are just my thoughts and feelings as and when they arise in me...sometimes I hate being alive, and other times I'm ok with being alive...I always speak in the moment, and in the moment, I write my feelings just as they are - how they are arising in me, in the moment.
Of course, expressing feelings as they are now, peachy. But you were writing assessments of life, in general. Abstract overviews and in a philosophy forum. And sometimes in reaction to other people's general ideas.

I never lie about my feelings and thoughts, I always tell the truth about what I am feeling in the moment.

I'm simply ok with hating being alive as I am being ok with being alive...I am never overwhelmed by my mental state of being, where my feelings and thoughts just spontaneously arise in me, I understand what they are, and so just allow them all to be there, there is never any chaos or confusion when I just allow them to be there...I'm always aware that each new day brings a different mind-set. So I am perfectly ok with the contradictory nature that is my emotional and mental inner world. I understand that I can feel like crap one day, and feel on top of the world the next day. I have no control over what I am going to feel from one minute to the next, and I love that total freedom to be.

I live a care-free life..a life that is free to embrace and fully accept any emotion or feeling that arises in my being, especially my world views...I understand that all my thoughts and feeling are sheer projections anyway, and not the way things actually are..they are just my own personal story that I project as my reality.

Whatever my opinions of life are, they will always being expressed and written in realtime. I have no regrets about any thing I have ever written or expressed on this forum, because every expression has always been a true outpouring of my inner feelings and thoughts at the time they were being written/expressed in realtime. I'm just always being myself, and I have absolutely no problem with being myself, and do not care how I am perceived by others, because I am happy just being me, no matter how 'me' appears to feel or think at any given moment, I'm ok with 'me' because that's what being 'me' is like for me, and I would not change a single thing about 'me' at all, ever. I mean how could I do that, there is no other than me.

This is not feelings:
Religion: a pursuit or interest followed with great devotion.

Love: a pursuit or interest followed with great devotion.

Reality Check: It is impossible for a man to love a woman, and a woman to love a man without loving yourself first.
To be seeking and needing love from an external source will never be available for you, why? because the real not fake you is in a constant state of isolation. No one else but you yourself alone can love you or make you happy, but you yourself. This is obvious to people who know they always live in isolation just as the universe itself is in a total state of isolation.

Waking up from the dream of separation is the return to yourself, the only self. Hardly any one wants to wake up from this dream of separation because the thought of being totally alone in the world is terrifying. But the realisation that you are alone in the world is also breath takingly beautiful.

Those who do not resist the awakening from this apparent dream of separation often find to their surprise that it was the greatest love of all, it was the end of cravings, of wants and the constant desire to have your own personal needs met by external things, namely other people.

“One of the worst things to happen in life is not getting what you want. The other worst thing is getting it.”

Always rely only on yourself for happiness, sanity, and love.
There are feelings in there: but it is making assertions about the nature of the world and reality. You are even giving advice. Taking positions.

I am not trying to trap you in a lie, but rather pointing out that when you react to people, it seems like you forget your own responses. That in a philosophy forum you give advice as if X was good, but later say nearly the opposite.

Perhaps your not in a position to give advice or tell people how things are. Maybe they will never find the other posts where you say very different things.

Your posts take a position as an authority who knows what is and what one should do and what attitudes one should have. But then other posts undermine.

If you want to express your feelings, perhaps eliminate the authority persona. And given that many of your posts, like the one quoted above, do not in the least come across as 'what you are feeling in the moment', I don't think that's really what you're doing. They are abstract, generalized and univeralized (supposed to be correct for everyone) assertions. A philosophical position or positions.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

OK Iwannaplato

You have listened and made your assessments.

As far as I'm concerned, your assessments are a product of your overthinking things that are not there here in me.

And it matters not, since I can only understand my own mind, and never the mind of others, not that I would ever want to know what goes on inside the mind of another, that would be none of my business anyway. We can never know another person, to even try is a mistake.

People are dangerous because you never know what they are truly thinking. You can only think you know what they are thinking, but NEVER actually know for sure.

I'm just a very aware and clued up realist. I trust no one. And is why I do believe animals are luckier than humans.

The only authority I have is over my own person...and no one else.

I only write what I am feeling in the moment, like I have already said. If you choose to disagree, then so be it. I'm just being genuine in every moment.

I am not giving advice, I am simply reporting my personal story to a forum. I care not about how I am perceived.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:29 pm I am not trying to trap you in a lie, but rather pointing out that when you react to people, it seems like you forget your own responses. That in a philosophy forum you give advice as if X was good, but later say nearly the opposite.
So what? ...yes, that's a good assessment, I do forget, because I never lie, I just blurt out whatever is on my mind in the instance blurting happens. I have no idea what I said yesterday, until I go back and re-read, which I have no interest in doing by the way, who cares about yesterdays anyway, it's old news, fit only for the toilet. Flush it away.

I can only be true to myself in each moment. I'm only writing what comes pouring out of my imagination in the exact same moment my fingers are clicking on the keyboard. I do not plan anything that comes out of my thought stream, there's just what's coming out at the time.

What ever I have done in life, someone has always judged me for doing it, that I am certain about.

What if I told you I have Autism, would that explain my erratic postings? or wouldn't that make any difference?

Either way, I do not give one iota of a damn what people think about my postings, because I can only be me.

I'm merely reporting my surround, the way I see it and don't see it...same thing in my opinion.

I also happen to know that I am only talking to and with myself. But that's another very long story.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:09 pm So what? ...yes, that's a good assessment, I do forget, because I never lie, I just blurt out whatever is on my mind in the instance blurting happens. I have no idea what I said yesterday, until I go back and re-read, which I have no interest in doing by the way, who cares about yesterdays anyway, it's old news, fit only for the toilet. Flush it away.
OK.
I can only be true to myself in each moment.
There are many ways to do that.
What ever I have done in life, someone has always judged me for doing it, that I am certain about.
I'm sorry to hear it's been everything. I certainly find judgment quite regularly out there and in here, but not for all things.
What if I told you I have Autism, would that explain my erratic postings? or wouldn't that make any difference?
Not really. I mean, it's information, but I don't associate your way of posting with Autism. I've interacted with a number of autistic people online (and in person) and I haven't noticed anything particularly like this. If anything, it seemed they were more likely to come from, and sustain, a specific system of thought and reactions. But that's just anecdotal experiences on my part. I wouldn't claim there is a general pattern there.
Either way, I do not give one iota of a damn what people think about my postings, because I can only be me.
Given the way you have responded here and elsewhere, I am skeptical this is true. I believe you think you shouldn't give a damn, but your reactions don't fit with that. I might be wrong of course, but I doubt it.
I'm merely reporting my surround, the way I see it and don't see it...same thing in my opinion.
It's a process that is different from and likely to conflict with other people's expectations. It sounds like you are posting like many bloggers, not someone wanting to discuss philosophy. A blogger or podcaster can just say whatever they are thinking and have not the slightest concern whether it fits anything else they've said. They can spew, make an audio diary, set loose their stream of consciousness out through their own forum/format. And people will not be confused. Oh, this guy's interesting, or not, let's see what he's on about today.

But people here will figure it out. If people have been responding to the way you post negatively, it might be because the style and intent is not really about philosophical discussion. And, it sounds very one way. Sort of like aiming one's diary at other people. Maybe the being alone and living like a monk means you neeeeeed to be heard, just your thoughts, whatever they are. Something one can do in close relationships. You might want to consider that.

But it'll all work out one way or another.
I also happen to know that I am only talking to and with myself. But that's another very long story.
There are a lot of things one can mean with such a statement and while I could say something similar, it is only a partial truth. There is ALSO another person present. People tend to have binary, either or ideas in cases when they don't need to, and even, as here when it is pretty rude.

But hey. I've told you my reactions. You'll be affected by them in some way or. what seems more likely, not be affected at all.

I'll leave that topic here and focus on the thread topic if I post here from here on out.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Ok.....Plato

No problemo, like I said earlier, I really do not care what I am posting, or who reads it, or who reacts or who is and is not offended by it, or that I myself am being reactive and offended...I'm just reporting and posting my reports on life as I see it and write it, that are always of my own personal philosophy on the nature and condition of human life.

My Austism is on the very low spectrum, it's not severe.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:30 pmIt's a process that is different from and likely to conflict with other people's expectations. It sounds like you are posting like many bloggers, not someone wanting to discuss philosophy. A blogger or podcaster can just say whatever they are thinking and have not the slightest concern whether it fits anything else they've said. They can spew, make an audio diary, set loose their stream of consciousness out through their own forum/format. And people will not be confused. Oh, this guy's interesting, or not, let's see what he's on about today.

But people here will figure it out. If people have been responding to the way you post negatively, it might be because the style and intent is not really about philosophical discussion. And, it sounds very one way. Sort of like aiming one's diary at other people. Maybe the being alone and living like a monk means you neeeeeed to be heard, just your thoughts, whatever they are. Something one can do in close relationships. You might want to consider that.
Hmm, you seem to think I'm not a real philosopher, but just another internet blogger, how interesting for you to make that assessment. I have never even thought about that before.

I like the way you judge me as being a monk, just because I have shared a personal preference for solitude and that I like a shaven head. That's rather interesting of you to say. Gosh I'm so broken that I am being responded to in a negative way, oh no, that is really destroying me right now, I think I'm just going to have to top myself for putting out posts that elicit a negative response in others. How awful of me to do such a thing to you poor readers, how fucking selfish and inconsiderate of me to do such an awful thing. I'm just an awful philosopher aren't I, just terrible at philosophy, but good at eliciting a negative response in others, wow, at least I'm good at something. I guess what you are covertly saying is that I have no place in a philosophy forum, oh well, poor little monk girl, must go away and stop pretending to be a philosopher, and be a blogger instead, ok, I get it.

Hmm, you think I am just needing to be heard because you have made up your mind that I am a monk who speaks to no one in the entire universe except on this forum...hmm, that's interesting of you to say.

Hmm, Okaaaaaaaaaaay whatever, no one cares. .gosh I'm no philosopher in your eyes, oh dear I feel so unwanted right now. I must have wandered into the wrong place, I shouldn't be here, oh fuck, what was I thinking, what on earth am I doing here speaking to a bunch of authoritarian philosophers who take it upon themselves to judge who is a philosopher and who isn't.

Jeeeeze...I can't breathe. Help, I'm drowning here, don't mind me.
Last edited by Dontaskme on Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

It hurts to see love hate itself the way it does when it doesn't have to.

It hurts real bad. People are hurting, I'm hurting to know that others are hurting, when they do not have to.

Why does love have to hurt so much.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Ok I finally get the picture.

I'm in the wrong place.

I shouldn't be here.

Ok, I get it..that's fine. I know you mean well, you just want me to fuck off out of here, I know.

That's ok...I'm leaving now.

You will never see me at this forum ever again.

It's fine, I've come to expect this kind of reaction in this world of authoritarian philosophers, it's no surprise to me at all.

Bye bye...don't miss me, I know, you won't.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:15 pm Ok I finally get the picture.

I'm in the wrong place.

I shouldn't be here.

Ok, I get it..that's fine. I know you mean well, you just want me to fuck off out of here, I know.
I'm perfectly capable of saying that if that's what I want to say. I didn't. I've managed fine with you here and I'll continue to manage fine.
That's ok...I'm leaving now.

You will never see me at this forum ever again.

It's fine, I've come to expect this kind of reaction in this world of authoritarian philosophers, it's no surprise to me at all.

Bye bye...don't miss me, I know, you won't.
I have no idea why you are giving me so much power. I said what I was thinking and feeling. I do exist, separate from you. This means my thoughts and feelings will not be the same as yours.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:33 pmI have no idea why you are giving me so much power. I said what I was thinking and feeling. I do exist, separate from you. This means my thoughts and feelings will not be the same as yours.
I've changed my mind, I was just having a mood swing earlier.

I'm not leaving the forum, in fact I'm going to stay put because I enjoy posting here. I will stay put until I am banned, then I'll obviously I have no option or choice but to leave, so until I'm banned, I'm staying put.

Yes, I was having a mood swing, that's all that was happening, the mood took over me, it was out of my control, but now I'm feeling different about things, now I'm back saying I'm going to stay, and not leave because that's just where my mood is moving towards.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:26 pm I'm not leaving the forum, in fact I'm going to stay put because I enjoy posting here. I will stay put until I am banned,
I haven't seen anything you've posted be remotely ban-worthy.
Yes, I was having a mood swing, that's all that was happening, the mood took over me, it was out of my control, but now I'm feeling different about things, now I'm back saying I'm going to stay, and not leave because that's just where my mood is moving towards.
Good that you know yourself.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:30 pm Good that you know yourself.

How can you know yourself, you would have to split into two, into knower and known. No thing knows itself.

There's simply what's happening to no one,and no thing. No one knows this.

The story that's appearing on this thread in the form of words, is just what's happening.