What is the Religion of Love?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Iwannaplato

Re: What is the Religion of Love?

Post by Iwannaplato »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:30 pm Good that you know yourself.
Don'taskme wrote:
How can you know yourself, you would have to split into two, into knower and known. No thing knows itself.
Yes, I was having a mood swing, that's all that was happening, the mood took over me, it was out of my control, but now I'm feeling different about things, now I'm back saying I'm going to stay, and not leave because that's just where my mood is moving towards.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:40 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:30 pm Good that you know yourself.
Don'taskme wrote:
How can you know yourself, you would have to split into two, into knower and known. No thing knows itself.
Yes, I was having a mood swing, that's all that was happening, the mood took over me, it was out of my control, but now I'm feeling different about things, now I'm back saying I'm going to stay, and not leave because that's just where my mood is moving towards.
No one knows this.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:01 pm No one knows this.
So, it wasn't a mood swing?
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

And then a different direction. If you don't even know yourself, how could you possibly know what other people know or don't know?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:32 pm
Yes, it was a mood swing. The words mood & swing are known concepts. So it is known that a mood swing is happening, via it's conception known.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:53 pm
And then a different direction. If you don't even know yourself, how could you possibly know what other people know or don't know?
'No thing' knows a self, and 'No thing' knows another self, because a self is a concept known, and that which is known cannot know anything.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:33 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:32 pm
Yes, it was a mood swing. The words mood & swing are known concepts. So it is known that a mood swing is happening, via it's conception known.
So, you knew you were having a mood swing. You knew something about yourself. Of course, it is not total, where one knows everything. But we know things about ourselves, some more than others.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:37 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:53 pm
'No thing' knows a self, and 'No thing' knows another self, because a self is a concept known, and that which is known cannot know anything.
The you can't know what others know or don't know.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:20 pm So, you knew you were having a mood swing.
There was a knowing of the concept of mood, yes.

Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:20 pmYou knew something about yourself.
Only as a concept yes, Self is a concept known by the only knowing there is.

Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:20 pm Of course, it is not total, where one knows everything. But we know things about ourselves, some more than others.
Knowing is oneness, which knows every concept conceivable, because concepts are conceived only when there is a knowing to know them.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:20 pm The you can't know what others know or don't know.
'You' is a concept known..so no, the concept known as 'you' cannot know any thing.

'Others' is a concept known...which cannot know any thing. Concepts known, are not the knowing that knows them, concepts have no conscious awareness of any information about knowing or not-knowing.

''Knowing'' cannot know knowing, without splitting into two, into 'knower and known', which is an illusory duality of what is in essence always Non-dual. . .because the knower and the known are always one in the same instance of knowing.

Knower, known and knowing are ONE

Oneness is the coming together of all opposites. It's always with us as the basis and underlying essence of everything. It's nothing in itself, but holds the potential for everything. We have to go beyond the senses, beyond duality to find Oneness.

However, this knowing oneness is oneness itself, it's never two.

The only I know is I know nothing. There is no self because there is no other than self.

Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:45 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:20 pm The you can't know what others know or don't know.
'You' is a concept known..so no, the concept known as 'you' cannot know any thing.

'Others' is a concept known...which cannot know any thing. Concepts known, are not the knowing that knows them, concepts have no conscious awareness of any information about knowing or not-knowing.

''Knowing'' cannot know knowing, without splitting into two, into 'knower and known', which is an illusory duality of what is in essence always Non-dual. . .because the knower and the known are always one in the same instance of knowing.

Oneness is the coming together of all opposites. It's always with us as the basis and underlying essence of everything. It's nothing in itself, but holds the potential for everything. We have to go beyond the senses, beyond duality to find Oneness.

The only I know is I know nothing. There is no self because there is no other than self.
I choose to believe you when you say...
and much less so when you say what you wrote in this post.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:04 am Christianity frequently presented itself as a religion of love, as opposed to 'loveless' Judaism and Islam.

Are we just obliged to go along with this belief?
The religion of love is the Internet
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:59 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:45 pm

I choose to believe you when you say...
and much less so when you say what you wrote in this post.
Belief or no belief in conceptually known things is just what's apparently happening in no believer.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:00 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:04 am Christianity frequently presented itself as a religion of love, as opposed to 'loveless' Judaism and Islam.

Are we just obliged to go along with this belief?
The religion of love is the Internet
Yes.

And the internet is the inner-net actualised.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:14 pm Belief or no belief in conceptually known things is just what's apparently happening in no believer.
I really do understand this kind of neo-Buddhist position (there are other ways of describing it). I just don't buy it. Once upon a time I did, but I don't anymore. I believe, for example, this....
....more.