Dawkins and Hitchens admit there IS evidence for God?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

promethean75

Re: Dawkins and Hitchens admit there IS evidence for God?

Post by promethean75 »

I know bro this fucking guy 'god' will wipe out entire species at a time and IC's worried about me pushin a little Marxism.

What unmitigated audacity.
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

_
..and my question goes answered. Pft
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

promethean75 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:30 pm 'god' will wipe out entire species at a time
Like? When were you thinking of?
and IC's worried about me pushin a little Marxism.
Not "worried"; more "appalled."

Let me give you a number: over 100 million.

That's how many people have been killed by Marxism...that we know of and can confirm.

Is there any reason to give an ideology that kills that many people in one century another try?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

MagsJ wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:35 pm _
..and my question goes answered. Pft
Post #1, Mags.

It reads, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHXXacBAm2A.
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:55 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:49 am
attofishpi wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:06 am
Point taken. It then follows that you have NO grounds to make your claim "God is Impossible to be Real", do you understand? OR, shall I continue to consider you a moron?
Why not, since we cannot rely on science, I am relying on the grounds of philosophical reasonings and logic to assert "God is Impossible to be Real". It is a non-starter.

As I had stated it is the same ground as claiming 'a square-circle is impossible to be real' which is a non-starter for any one with average intelligence.

Call what you like, it will only reflect back on yourself.
Well then, jump here out of this ridiculous thread, with your philosophical tackle intact, and take me on: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=35082
I have already responded therein to your OP.

I can formulate the whole things as,
  • Reality + your brain + psychological state + pattern recognition = your SAGE + all inferences in that OP.
What you are focusing are merely on the "outputs" what you experienced, felt and the images perceived but you don't give a damned to the input variables.

Since you are into IT, analogically it is like you are playing with the outputs on your screen via a keyboard, etc. but you are totally ignorant of how the detailed programs and codes of the microprocessor, operating system and other software there, i.e. which is your brain of appx 100 billion neurons each with up to 10,000 synapses each.
Just imagine the possible combination and permutation of the the possible neural networks from these neurons and synapses.

What you have experienced are altered states of consciousness due to certain neural connectivity in your brain which is different from the average person.

The last time I recommended you researched as much as possible into how your brain work and in relation to cases which has experiences similar to yours or those which are more extraordinary than yours. I have read hundreds of such experiences.
I believed you have not bothered to do so, thus regurgitating the same old.

I suggest you try mindfulness meditation to reset your neural status which will give greater insights in why you had experienced or still are experiencing those things.
Veritas Aequitas

seeds wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:06 pm
seeds wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:39 am Come on now, Veritas, give me the best and most memorable lines from your materialistic philosophy that will help these humans endure their darkest hours on earth.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:42 am I have already answered re the terrible evils [your images] you presented. Read again.
You most certainly did not answer the "specific" questions I asked.

Here they are, once again...
  • 1. What words of comfort and solace do you have to offer to grieving parents who just lost their young child to a disease?

2. What specific words or vital aspect of your philosophy would be useful for the little girl (in the picture) to recall in the few remaining moments before the vulture comes in to devour her flesh?
Please provide a direct and corresponding answer to each of those two specific questions, as in...
  • 1. Here "________________" is what I would say to the parents to help them through their darkest hour...

...and...

2. Here "________________" is the vital aspect of my philosophy that the little girl should recall that will help her endure the few remaining moments of her life.
_______
Nah, you are so sighted.

There are tons of way one can say words of comfort to those who are sufferings.
This is 'easy peasy' in contrast to what actions one immediately can do to alleviate the sufferings there and then.

I have skipped all the above in this discussion but gone into how to prevent these sufferings from happening in the first place. This can be done on a basis of social, economical, political, etc. but these are still superficial.

The more effective approach is to increase the moral competence of the average person so that they will empathize with everyone in the world and take actions to prevent sufferings in others globally instead of tribally.

What is most critical is for one to manage whatever sufferings manifested internally and mentally.
This I had already discussed, i.e.
Buddhism's 4NT-8FP is a Life Problem Solving Technique.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=25193
This is teaching one how to fish rather than merely feeding one fishes all the time.

As I had stated your 'eyes' things merely enable you to make noises but do not make you a pro-active person.

Open up your 'eyes' WIDER.
seeds

Post by seeds »

seeds wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:06 pm Please provide a direct and corresponding answer to each of those two specific questions, as in...
  • 1. Here "________________" is what I would say to the parents to help them through their darkest hour...

...and...

2. Here "________________" is the vital aspect of my philosophy that the little girl should recall that will help her endure the few remaining moments of her life.
_______
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:23 am Nah, you are so sighted.

If there are "tons of way", then why can't you offer just one measly example for each of my two questions?
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:23 am This is 'easy peasy'...
Yet, again, no example provided.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:23 am I have skipped all the above in this discussion but gone into how to prevent these sufferings from happening in the first place.
I see, so you've gone into how to prevent children from dying from incurable diseases and accidents so that parents will never have to suffer?

That's amazing!

Can you provide a little more detail as to how to prevent such things?
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:23 am What is most critical is for one to manage whatever sufferings manifested internally and mentally.
Oh,...I get it now...

...if the little girl who was about to be eaten by the vulture had simply been introduced to your particular interpretation of Buddhism, then just before dying, she could have recalled you insisting that there is absolutely no life after death, and thus felt comforted in the knowledge that her consciousness was going to be extinguished for eternity.

Easy-peasy!

(By Jove, I think I just filled in the blank for you for question number 2 at the top of the post.)
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:23 am As I had stated your 'eyes' things merely enable you to make noises but do not make you a pro-active person.

You never cease to display the depth and degree of your somnambulism.
_______
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:08 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:49 am
Why not, since we cannot rely on science, I am relying on the grounds of philosophical reasonings and logic to assert "God is Impossible to be Real". It is a non-starter.

As I had stated it is the same ground as claiming 'a square-circle is impossible to be real' which is a non-starter for any one with average intelligence.

Call what you like, it will only reflect back on yourself.
Well then, jump here out of this ridiculous thread, with your philosophical tackle intact, and take me on: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=35082
WRONG THREAD, and your response there was a poor joke.

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:08 amI can formulate the whole things as,
  • Reality + your brain + psychological state + pattern recognition = your SAGE + all inferences in that OP.
What you are focusing are merely on the "outputs" what you experienced, felt and the images perceived but you don't give a damned to the input variables.

Since you are into IT, analogically it is like you are playing with the outputs on your screen via a keyboard, etc. but you are totally ignorant of how the detailed programs and codes of the microprocessor, operating system and other software there, i.e. which is your brain of appx 100 billion neurons each with up to 10,000 synapses each.
Just imagine the possible combination and permutation of the the possible neural networks from these neurons and synapses.

What you have experienced are altered states of consciousness due to certain neural connectivity in your brain which is different from the average person.
Listen. That is all very well, nobody can deny that everything we perceive of reality is via our consiousness. What you are missing are, and just a few examples since 1997, the sychronicity for one thing:-
-- Being spoke to from the aether "Tonight, bad luck" - ---> And then being bashed that night with a baseball bat and ending up in hospital.
-- Saying a prayer to remove the pain - with the sage stating from the aether "Would you like me to erase that?" - and the pain of a broken arm disappeared.
-- Writing down the last sentence of the Lords prayer backwards "Live morf su reviled." and rewriting as "Live morph soon revealed" - and then a day or two later witnessing a yound aborigine lad change form (in broad daylight of a car-park) into a white haired old man (anglo-saxon) hobbling away with a walking stick.
-- Being told I am in HELL from the aether (Then flames appearing across my computer screen, letters scrambling) - being told to quit my job and do art - which I was forced to do.
-- having the word "Confess" flash across my retina, and then at work (in Hell) the moment I considered I should go to confession that night, the very next customer username "Mad_if_you_dont" - NOT a typical username, synchronicity to the max on what I had just considered, re going to confession.

Therefore, it's a LOT more than just my brain farting at me, so stop splathering your ridiculous notion that no other entity was involved in the above AKA God. (just because you have committed so much time to reading such material)
Veritas Aequitas

seeds wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:56 am
seeds wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:06 pm Please provide a direct and corresponding answer to each of those two specific questions, as in...

...and...

_______
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:23 am Nah, you are so sighted.

If there are "tons of way", then why can't you offer just one measly example for each of my two questions?
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:23 am This is 'easy peasy'...
Yet, again, no example provided.
I am surprised you lack the rationality and intelligence to grasp what I am saying.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:23 am I have skipped all the above in this discussion but gone into how to prevent these sufferings from happening in the first place.
I see, so you've gone into how to prevent children from dying from incurable diseases and accidents so that parents will never have to suffer?

That's amazing!

Can you provide a little more detail as to how to prevent such things?
Again you show your lack of intelligence and knowledge.
For example that image of the starving child could be the famine of Ethiopia sometime ago.
From then, the world and the country has taken steps of prevent those sort of sufferings.
Today we do not hear of such extensive famine in Ethiopia and the country has now almost completed the largest dam is Africa and will even has surplus to sell power to other countries.

If you still insist I provide those answers, I must say you are very stupid in terms of the pragmatics.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:23 am What is most critical is for one to manage whatever sufferings manifested internally and mentally.
Oh,...I get it now...

...if the little girl who was about to be eaten by the vulture had simply been introduced to your particular interpretation of Buddhism, then just before dying, she could have recalled you insisting that there is absolutely no life after death, and thus felt comforted in the knowledge that her consciousness was going to be extinguished for eternity.

Easy-peasy!

(By Jove, I think I just filled in the blank for you for question number 2 at the top of the post.)
You are strawmaning, again this is so stupid.

It is unlikely any little girl will be able to tap the potential of Buddhism or any self-development technique effectively.

My point is in the event of any catastrophe, what we can offer immediately are consolations but is important is to take corrective actions to prevent and deal with the related sufferings in the future where we apply the above generic Problem Solving Techniques which is not solely doctrinal but rather will prevent the famine.

A side point: If an adult [trained in the 4NT and 8FP] were to be lost in the middle of a desert with no food, he would be in a better position to deal with any associated sufferings and thus in has a better state of mind to find solutions to save his life, if not, his sufferings will be minimized.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:23 am As I had stated your 'eyes' things merely enable you to make noises but do not make you a pro-active person.

You never cease to display the depth and degree of your somnambulism.
_______
Be Pro-active instead of being an 'eye-sore'.
Last edited by Veritas Aequitas on Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Veritas Aequitas

attofishpi wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:34 am

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:08 amI can formulate the whole things as,

Listen. That is all very well, nobody can deny that everything we perceive of reality is via our consiousness. What you are missing are, and just a few examples since 1997, the sychronicity for one thing:-
-- Being spoke to from the aether "Tonight, bad luck" - ---> And then being bashed that night with a baseball bat and ending up in hospital.
-- Saying a prayer to remove the pain - with the sage stating from the aether "Would you like me to erase that?" - and the pain of a broken arm disappeared.
-- Writing down the last sentence of the Lords prayer backwards "Live morf su reviled." and rewriting as "Live morph soon revealed" - and then a day or two later witnessing a yound aborigine lad change form (in broad daylight of a car-park) into a white haired old man (anglo-saxon) hobbling away with a walking stick.
-- Being told I am in HELL from the aether (Then flames appearing across my computer screen, letters scrambling) - being told to quit my job and do art - which I was forced to do.
-- having the word "Confess" flash across my retina, and then at work (in Hell) the moment I considered I should go to confession that night, the very next customer username "Mad_if_you_dont" - NOT a typical username, synchronicity to the max on what I had just considered, re going to confession.

Therefore, it's a LOT more than just my brain farting at me, so stop splathering your ridiculous notion that no other entity was involved in the above AKA God. (just because you have committed so much time to reading such material)
Don't insult your own intelligence by being so arrogance with so much ignorance.

It is not mere consciousness.
Show me how much you have knowledge of the neurosciences, i.e. neuro-anatomy, neuro-psychology, altered states of consciousness, neuro-cognitive science and other related subjects?
To be fair to yourself and intelligence you have a duty to update your knowledge on the above.

If you don't have sufficient knowledge or the above, yes, definitely yours will be brain farting.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:43 am
attofishpi wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:34 am

Don't insult your own intelligence by being so arrogance with so much ignorance.

It is not mere consciousness.
Show me how much you have knowledge of the neurosciences, i.e. neuro-anatomy, neuro-psychology, altered states of consciousness, neuro-cognitive science and other related subjects?
To be fair to yourself and intelligence you have a duty to update your knowledge on the above.

If you don't have sufficient knowledge or the above, yes, definitely yours will be brain farting.
FFS!!! - Explain this one as my brain farting!!!:-
Being spoke to from the aether "Tonight, bad luck" - ---> And then being bashed that night with a baseball bat and ending up in hospital.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

seeds wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:04 pm

Take note of promethean75's recent post...

...and then realize that the person who would use the tragedy of that little girl to make a joke, is a sampling of the dark and demented (low conscious) mentality
It's not dark or demented, it's actually the opposite, it's being totally awake to the truth, minus my super essential superficial denial filter. It's having the courage to face natures true face.

The image is not a joke, it's the raw reality of life on earth. It is you yourself that looks at nature in a kind of ''...are you joking....'' astonishment ...as though you abhor natures true face, that cares nothing for you, and that it is only the idea of you that cares for itself in the disgust of knowing you will come to an end. And that's what you do not want to happen, you do not want to come to an end. In your artificial need to continue you seek out some kind of moral worth, albeit in a vain and self-centred sense.

Bye the way, your whole personal philosophical theory is flawed, with no basis in reality whatsoever, except as some fairy story, but then we all have a personal bible that is dear to us, namely our own story.

Veritas Aequitas

attofishpi wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:55 am FFS!!! - Explain this one as my brain farting!!!:-
Being spoke to from the aether "Tonight, bad luck" - ---> And then being bashed that night with a baseball bat and ending up in hospital.
If you have read extensively you will note there are so many instances of reported coincidences which are more astounding than yours.

What you are jumping to conclusion is merely relying on your own 'black box' you hardly know much.

It is possible you could have a misplaced memory or some sort of confusion after being bashed.
Some mild example is like deja vu, the illusion of having previously experienced something actually being encountered for the first time. disagreeable familiarity or sameness.

Regardless there is no rational basis to jump to the conclusion there is 'something' there or near equivalence to a 'God' which is real.

There are many who have had direct experience of a God & Jesus, but yet they don't want it and seek psychiatric help to get rid of it.
Note this which I frequently linked;

How Our Brain Creates Delusion Of God
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIiIsDIkDtg

In this documentary, narrated by the author of the book Phantom of the Brain - V Ramachandran [ http://amzn.to/1Ulg73K ] explains the case of a man suffering from Temporal Lobe Epilepsy(TLE)

The Illusion of God’s Presence - John C. Wathey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqi6vvwmLOw
Science has only begun to make sense of religion’s powerful grip on the human mind, a grip that can even hold some of the most brilliant of scientific minds. Why do seven percent of members of the National Academy of Sciences believe in a personal god who answers prayer? The question is important because it probes the most irresistible essence of the appeal of religious and spiritual thinking. Using examples from visual illusions, behavioral biology, and neuroscience, author and computational biologist John C. Wathey offers an explanation in terms of a cognitively impenetrable illusion, one that science has largely overlooked.

Wathey’s research interests include evolutionary algorithms, protein folding, and the biology of nervous systems. From 1991 to 1995, he was a senior applications scientist at Biosym Technologies (now named Biovia), a company that develops molecular modeling software for the pharmaceutical industry. In 1996, he founded his own business, Wathey Research, and since that time, most of his scientific research has been funded by grants from the National Institutes of Health. He recently published The Illusion of God’s Presence: The Biological Origins of Spiritual Longing, which explores the evolution of the emotions and intuitions behind religious belief.

He is currently writing a follow-up work that explores in detail the neurobiology of religious emotion and behavior.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:24 am
attofishpi wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:55 am FFS!!! - Explain this one as my brain farting!!!:-
If you have read extensively you will note there are so many instances of reported coincidences which are more astounding than yours.
You are taking da piss. This is one example of thousands of ongoing months for 23yrs of synchronicity perpetuated by the 3rd party intelligence. Stop wasting my time.
Veritas Aequitas

attofishpi wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:47 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:24 am
You are taking da piss. This is one example of thousands of ongoing months for 23yrs of synchronicity perpetuated by the 3rd party intelligence. Stop wasting my time.
Don't be that arrogant.
It is your discretion so it is mine to posts.

In your case, you should at least eliminate this possibility objectively;
Temporal Epilepsy: God as a Psychological Derivative
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=35084