Dawkins and Hitchens admit there IS evidence for God?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

seeds

Re: Dawkins and Hitchens admit there IS evidence for God?

Post by seeds »

Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:27 pm
seeds wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:12 pm
From a site called "The Racial Slur Database":
Nigglet
Blacks
Black children. Adapted from mixing Ni_ger with the word piglet (a baby pig)
So, not only does our resident homeboy...
I think the most charitable read is he thinks that Christians will think of the child in the photo as a nigglet.
Are you talking about good wholesome Christians like these guys?...

Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:27 pm IOW he didn't mean it himself...
I think you're wrong about that.

It's part of his "homeboy speak" and mentality, where he evidently thinks that by modifying the infamous word "ni_ger" to that of "nigglet," and especially to that of "nigga"...

(of which he has used in at least 10 different threads)

...then it is no longer offensive to a black person who might be a member (or perhaps a visitor) of this site.

Here's an example of the cavalier way in which "homeboy P" uses racial slurs on a forum that has a world-wide (multi-racial) audience...
promethean75 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:36 am I'm watching the J6 commitee right now and Bennie, the chairman... that nigga said 'ax' twice in less den fih minutes.
So, yes, he meant it himself.
_______

Post by Age »

promethean75 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:54 pm "It's not dark or demented, it's actually the opposite, it's being totally awake to the truth, minus my super essential superficial denial filter. It's having the courage to face natures true face."

You gotdamn right, sista.

And this is why Christianity offends me insofar as the worse our species has to offer is inevitably accounted for by the necessary will and design of that 'god', and accepted because of that.

I feel like people try less hard to help those in poverty and famine when they believe in a 'god'.
Do you like to 'feel' this way because this helps in taking away some of the ACTUAL Truth about how it is 'you' who does NOT seriously help those in poverty and famine?

If you can 'try to' make the "other" look 'worse' than what you REALLY ARE, then you have more EXCUSES to HATE the "other" EVEN MORE, correct?
promethean75 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:54 pm I know, you'd think it'd be the other way around. And I'm counting religious charities too. The overall mindfulness about a preventable tragedy like that is weakened, I think, in powerless people who don't know how to help or what to do, anyway. At the end of the day 'it's in god's hands', as it were.

Now if anything's demented, that's demented.
What IS this God 'thing' that you keep going about here?
promethean75 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:54 pm All one says when that ugly ol' vulture eats that poor little nigglet fellow who mighta ended up being a computer programmer had things gone differently, is 'god works in mysterious ways'?
What is it with you and "niggars"?

Could you come across MORE 'racist'?

Post by Age »

iambiguous wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:40 pm
seeds wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:06 pm
seeds wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:01 pm Am I to understand that you consider someone who dares to suggest that the truth of reality might be much more wonderful and purposeful than the old religions have led us to believe, has a "condition"?

Interesting.
iambiguous wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:09 pm That certainly is one possibility. Religious delusions -- psycho and/or somatic -- are not exactly rare phenomena down through the ages.

And, over and over and over again...

I'm less interested in what people claim to believe about any spiritual paradigm [old or new] and more interested in what they can demonstrate to me is true.

You can start by how, empirically, materially, phenomenologically, etc., you demonstrate it to yourself.
I do not demonstrate it to myself. It was demonstrated to me in a profound epiphany I experienced back in the summer of 1970.

I have merely spent the last 52 years trying to put into words and images what that experience revealed to me.
Again, personal experiences and God are something I cannot really comment on. They embody dasein down to the bone. Only to the extent those who have them might suggest a way I might experience them myself, will I [perhaps] come to understand them.

That is, assuming that the experience is not attributable to a clinical, somatic "condition". Lots of mentally ill people with actual brain afflictions have [down through the years] claimed all sorts of things about themselves and one or another God.

So, what was "it" and who or what demonstrated "it" to you?

And how might your experience convince those like me that, when it comes to morality on this side of the grave and immortality and salvation on the other side, there really is a God, the God. And, aside from personal experiences, there is actual evidence able to demonstrate that it is in fact your God and not one of the other ones.
If ANY one SERIOUSLY WANTS some 'thing' PROVEN to them, then all they have to do is just DEFINE what the 'thing' IS, EXACTLY. ONLY THEN 'it' could be PROVEN, to them. ALSO, if they were a Truly OPEN and Honest person, then they WOULD EXPLAIN WHAT PROOF they WANT, or NEED.
iambiguous wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:40 pm And then this part:

"an endless procession of earthquakes and volcanic eruptions and tornadoes and hurricanes and great floods and great droughts and great fires and deadly viral and bacterial plagues and miscarriages and hundreds and hundreds of medical and mental afflictions and extinction events...making life on Earth a living hell for countless millions of men, women and children down through the ages."

Post by Age »

Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:46 pm
iambiguous wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:40 pm Again, personal experiences and God are something I cannot really comment on. They embody dasein down to the bone. Only to the extent those who have them might suggest a way I might experience them myself,
I'm not a Christian but really you haven't heard and no Christian has ever told you about attending services, praying, praying with others, attending things like mass and doing these things for a long time might give you some religious experiences? Most of the mystics spent A LOT of time on religious practices and this seems connected to more religious experiences. I mean, if your interested. I truly doubt most Christians would suggest that reading arguments in a philosophy forum will lead to experiencing grace or God's presense or Jesus in your heart and so on.

And let's be doubly clear. I have no interest in you doing this or not. I just find it odd you seem unaware or present yourself as being unaware of the kinds of suggestions Christians make to someone who wants these kinds of experiences. And that it might take significant time.

I know there are some, a tiny minority who think proofs of God's existence is the way to go. But give a church a call and I think you will get a suggestion to participate in practices and give it time and welcome.
But if one wants PROOF, then seeking out 'practices' will NOT necessarily give them PROOF.

If so-called "christians", or absolutely ANY one else, WANTS to CLAIM that God is REAL, then I suggest that they have at least some sort of PROOF before they make the CLAIM that God is REAL in the first place. This also applies to ANY one who wants to CLAIM that God is NOT REAL.

But if ANY one just wants to SAY or CLAIM that they 'practice' in their BELIEF, then so be it. Go and do whatever you like, but as soon as one wants to CLAIM that their BELIEF is REAL, then just PROVIDE thee ACTUAL and IRREFUTABLE PROOF, or just REMAIN QUIET.

If one does NOT YET have the PROOF for what they CLAIM or BELIEVE is true or real, then WHY CLAIM or BELIEVE that 'it' is real or true?
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

seeds wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:07 pm
seeds wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:56 am I see, so you've gone into how to prevent children from dying from incurable diseases and accidents so that parents will never have to suffer?

That's amazing!

Can you provide a little more detail as to how to prevent such things?
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:38 am Again you show your lack of intelligence and knowledge.
For example that image of the starving child could be the famine of Ethiopia sometime ago.
From then, the world and the country has taken steps of prevent those sort of sufferings.
The geographical location or cause of the child's immediate dilemma is completely irrelevant to the point being made about your nihilistic philosophy offering absolutely no "hope" to humans that there may be more to our existence than meets the eye.

Therefore, the only conclusion I can come to in assessing your obvious attempt to sidetrack the narrative is that you are a dishonest person who will resort to any devious means you can think of in order to avoid answering problematic questions in regard to your materialistic philosophy.

I've also noticed, if not overt dishonesty, then pure self-delusion in your silly attempt to falsely define yourself in a way that you think the rest of us are too dumb to notice, as is witnessed in the following episode of your illogical thinking...
You are the one who is very deceptive and dishonest due to desperation thus unable to exercise the intellectual "Principle of Charity".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principle_of_charity
I don't think you even understand what this is about which is about intellectual honesty and integrity.

Note I used "For example" thus which could be anywhere in general.
Wherever that happened anywhere in the world, the first thing is one will naturally empathize with the people sufferings, offer words of consolations and most critical to take corrective and preventive actions pro-actively.

You offer none of the above but rather dishonesty accused others of nihilism.

My philosophy is Kantian based which is action-orientated with the following visions and missions,
1. What can I know? epistemology
2. What can I do? -Morality and Ethics
3. What can I hope for? Aesthetic, perpectual peace.

Yours? nada!!
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:06 am ...the term 'atheist' had been and is used pejoratively that I don't want to use the term but rather prefer to be not-a-theist.
What you "want," or what you "prefer" is irrelevant to what is actually true.

The simplest and most widely accepted dictionary definition of the word "atheist" is as follows:
atheist
noun
a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God...
To which I suggest that any person who makes it their life's mission to convince other persons that "God is an impossibility to be real," is the epitome of what it means to be an atheist.

Therefore, be it a pejorative or not, you are most definitely an atheist.

So, own it, for crying out loud.

Now, of course, you are certainly free to believe anything you wish.

However (and again), the fact that you do not "prefer" the title of "atheist" is completely irrelevant to what is actually true, as was your sidetracking comment about the world getting better at reducing the causes of suffering is completely irrelevant to the point I was making about the child.

Again, Veritas, you are proving yourself to be a very dishonest (devious) person.
_______
Again you are intellectually bankrupt and too rigid.

There are many a reason why it is necessary to opt for a synonymous word over another.

You mean all these synonymous words, "Fag, Faggot, Dyke, Homo, Fairy, Lez, Puff, tranny, etc." to transgenders are OK?
your sidetracking comment about the world getting better at reducing the causes of suffering is completely irrelevant to the point I was making about the child.
where is you humanity in the case?
-taking corrective and preventive actions pro-actively to ensure continual improvement for the well beings of individuals and humanity is irrelevant to such a sight?

Btw, you need to eliminate the possibility of Temporal Lobe Epilepsy in your case.
Temporal Epilepsy: God as a Psychological Derivative
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=35084
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"not only does our resident homeboy..."

I'ont be rockin a fresh wrist piece and chain like dude in the gif tho.

"now he decides to toss a racial slur at the child."

My use of the vernacular is strictly for the purposes of scientific shorthand. The suffix 'let' appears in words we use to describe some juvenile animals, to which I applied the first half of the latin 'niger' (meaning black) as a prefix. I intend the neologism as an identifier in my scientific research, not as a pejorative, racist slur.

"Notorious Thug T"

I'ont roll with dudes like trumpf. In fact i'ont even roll with dudes who roll with dudes like trumpf.

"I think the most charitable read is he thinks that Christians will think of the child in the photo as a nigglet."

Hey for real tho remember the brother Ham in the Bible who saw his dad naked or something and was cursed and kicked out of the set. He's supposed to be the father of the black folks I think. So you know hardcore thumpers are racist af because of that stupid story alone. I've heard allegedly intelligent people say they believe the black race was created by 'god' for servitude. Can u buhlee dat?

"What is it with you and "niggars"?"

I have nothing against the niggars and think they're fine people.

"and especially to that of "nigga"..."

Nigga is a term of endearment, my nigga. The word we wish to strike from the human language is the other N word... the bad one, even tho it was originally used to mean those of the color niger and/or from Nigeria. Only the N word in the mouth of a slaver was considered racist. Other intellectuals and writers used the N word innocuously and with no intentional pejorative sense.

It's all about the context my nizzles.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

seeds wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:09 am
I think the most charitable read is he thinks that Christians will think of the child in the photo as a nigglet.[/quote]
Are you talking about good wholesome Christians like these guys?...[/quote]

I was suggesting what he might mean, if I am being charitable. Which Chritians he might hae meant, I have no idea. Of course there are racist Christians.
I think you're wrong about that.
I said it was the most charitable read, not that it was the case.
It's part of his "homeboy speak" and mentality, where he evidently thinks that by modifying the infamous word "ni_ger" to that of "nigglet," and especially to that of "nigga"...
Could be. It was ugly regardless.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Age wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:34 am But if one wants PROOF, then seeking out 'practices' will NOT necessarily give them PROOF.
I was responding to what he wrote.
If so-called "christians", or absolutely ANY one else, WANTS to CLAIM that God is REAL, then I suggest that they have at least some sort of PROOF before they make the CLAIM that God is REAL in the first place. This also applies to ANY one who wants to CLAIM that God is NOT REAL.
Suggest away to Christians.
But if ANY one just wants to SAY or CLAIM that they 'practice' in their BELIEF, then so be it. Go and do whatever you like, but as soon as one wants to CLAIM that their BELIEF is REAL, then just PROVIDE thee ACTUAL and IRREFUTABLE PROOF, or just REMAIN QUIET.
Yes, that is what you want. You tell them that.
If one does NOT YET have the PROOF for what they CLAIM or BELIEVE is true or real, then WHY CLAIM or BELIEVE that 'it' is real or true?
And you ask them that.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

promethean75 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:54 pm "It's not dark or demented, it's actually the opposite, it's being totally awake to the truth, minus my super essential superficial denial filter. It's having the courage to face natures true face."

And this is why Christianity offends me insofar as the worse our species has to offer is inevitably accounted for by the necessary will and design of that 'god', and accepted because of that.

I feel like people try less hard to help those in poverty and famine when they believe in a 'god'. I know, you'd think it'd be the other way around. And I'm counting religious charities too. The overall mindfulness about a preventable tragedy like that is weakened, I think, in powerless people who don't know how to help or what to do, anyway. At the end of the day 'it's in god's hands', as it were.

All one says when that ugly ol' vulture eats that poor little nigglet fellow who mighta ended up being a computer programmer had things gone differently, is 'god works in mysterious ways'?
Spoken like a true oak tree bro.

If enough enlightened spiritual people were as awake as they confess to be, poverty would be non-existent because people would have the good sense not to impose the harsh reality of life on others through procreation. In the same context it is wise to cut back the overgrown hedgerow save becoming consumed by natures unstoppable prolific presence.

Truth is, humans are selfish to the core, that's the true face of nature. Compassion only works when we understand the starving child is our own self. And that what we do to others we are only doing to ourselves. All of us are responsible for cleaning up the mess we make. Obviously charity does not work, if it did, then why are those [hard to watch] adverts still showing on tv after all these years. So now what - what next? ..nature will decide. She is the ultimate vacuum cleaner.

Keep up the good work. The truth does not like to be heard. The seedling sissy's are everywhere these days, it's almost like there is some kind of staged alien invasion happening or something. .

...jesus crust.. spreading epiphanies all over the joint...eww! 😡

Post by Age »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:05 am
Age wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:34 am But if one wants PROOF, then seeking out 'practices' will NOT necessarily give them PROOF.
I was responding to what he wrote.
Suggest away to Christians.
Yes, that is what you want. You tell them that.
And you ask them that.
I thought I was.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

promethean75 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:01 am

They are fine people. I love them.

Just as I love my cat who has black and white fur. Mostly black. I love to playfully tease her by calling her all the names under the sun because it's funny. When she is being overbearingly attention seeking, I say to her.. simmer down you nigga or sometimes I call her a black bastard. She doesn't seem to mind or become offended because she has no sense of self importance. It's just pure harmless play at work.

Post by Age »

promethean75 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:01 am "not only does our resident homeboy..."

I'ont be rockin a fresh wrist piece and chain like dude in the gif tho.

"now he decides to toss a racial slur at the child."

My use of the vernacular is strictly for the purposes of scientific shorthand. The suffix 'let' appears in words we use to describe some juvenile animals, to which I applied the first half of the latin 'niger' (meaning black) as a prefix. I intend the neologism as an identifier in my scientific research, not as a pejorative, racist slur.

"Notorious Thug T"

I'ont roll with dudes like trumpf. In fact i'ont even roll with dudes who roll with dudes like trumpf.

"I think the most charitable read is he thinks that Christians will think of the child in the photo as a nigglet."

Hey for real tho remember the brother Ham in the Bible who saw his dad naked or something and was cursed and kicked out of the set. He's supposed to be the father of the black folks I think. So you know hardcore thumpers are racist af because of that stupid story alone. I've heard allegedly intelligent people say they believe the black race was created by 'god' for servitude. Can u buhlee dat?

"What is it with you and "niggars"?"

"and especially to that of "nigga"..."

Nigga is a term of endearment, my nigga. The word we wish to strike from the human language is the other N word... the bad one, even tho it was originally used to mean those of the color niger and/or from Nigeria. Only the N word in the mouth of a slaver was considered racist. Other intellectuals and writers used the N word innocuously and with no intentional pejorative sense.

It's all about the context my nizzles.
Yep dat is right white trash boy.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

promethean75 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:01 am Only the N word in the mouth of a slaver was considered racist.
Good old passive voice wrongn...I mean vagueness.

But, dam he split my wig wit his wangster wordsmithing.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:21 am
promethean75 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:01 am

They are fine people. I love them.

Just as I love my cat who has black and white fur. Mostly black. I love to playfully tease her by calling her all the names under the sun because it's funny. When she is being overbearingly attention seeking, I say to her.. simmer down you nigga or sometimes I call her a black bastard. She doesn't seem to mind or become offended because she has no sense of self importance. It's just pure harmless play at work.
Okay you stupid pig.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:19 am

I feel like people try less hard to help those in poverty and famine when they believe in a 'god'. I know, you'd think it'd be the other way around. And I'm counting religious charities too. The overall mindfulness about a preventable tragedy like that is weakened, I think, in powerless people who don't know how to help or what to do, anyway. At the end of the day 'it's in god's hands', as it were.

All one says when that ugly ol' vulture eats that poor little nigglet fellow who mighta ended up being a computer programmer had things gone differently, is 'god works in mysterious ways'?
Spoken like a true oak tree bro.

If enough enlightened spiritual people were as awake as they confess to be, poverty would be non-existent because people would have the good sense not to impose the harsh reality of life on others through procreation.
'Poverty' would be non-existent because 'you', adult human beings, would STOP being selfish and greedy.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:19 am In the same context it is wise to cut back the overgrown hedgerow save becoming consumed by natures unstoppable prolific presence.
Truth is, humans are selfish to the core, that's the true face of nature. But young humans are NOT selfish AT ALL, although is is true that 'you', adult human beings, in the days when this was being were Truly VERY selfish and VERY greedy ones.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:19 am Compassion only works when we understand the starving child is our own self. And that what we do to others we are only doing to ourselves. All of us are responsible for cleaning up the mess we make.
So, to 'you', children are responsible for cleaning up the mess 'you', adults, make, correct?
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:19 am Obviously charity does not work, if it did, then why are those [hard to watch] adverts still showing on tv after all these years. So now what - what next? ..nature will decide. She is the ultimate vacuum cleaner.

Keep up the good work. The truth does not like to be heard.
As you are PROVING True here "dontaskme".
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:19 am The seedling sissy's are everywhere these days, it's almost like there is some kind of staged alien invasion happening or something. .

...jesus crust.. spreading epiphanies all over the joint...eww! 😡