Praying to the Overgod

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Praying to the Overgod

Post by Gary Childress »

One can only hope that somewhere out there is a god presiding over God who will hold the creator of this world accountable for his atrocities.
Gary Childress

Re: Praying to the Overgod

Post by Gary Childress »

Dear Overgod, please be there because Yahweh is a fucking tyrant!
seeds

Post by seeds »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 11:42 pm One can only hope that somewhere out there is a god presiding over God who will hold the creator of this world accountable for his atrocities.
Gary Childress wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 11:52 pm Dear Overgod, please be there because Yahweh is a fucking tyrant!
Wow!

How about you...

Seeing how you seem to be getting all worked-up over mythological nonsense, I'll ask you the same (slightly altered) question I asked the poster that goes by the moniker "Greatest I am":

Why are you getting so upset with Yahweh when I think a more important issue is why did the Japanese deity Izanagi have to use his younger sister Izanami to give birth to the islands of Japan?

According to Wiki in regard to Izanagi:
He [Izanagi] with his spouse and younger sister [ :shock: ] Izanami gave birth to the many islands of Japan (kuniumi), and begat numerous deities of Shintoism (kamiumi). But she died after giving birth to the fire-god Kagu-tsuchi. Izanagi executed the fire god with the "ten-grasp sword" (Totsuka-no-tsurugi). Afterwards, he paid his wife a visit in Yomi-no-kuni (the Underworld) in the hopes of retrieving her. But she had partaken of food cooked in the furnace of the Underworld, rendering her return impossible. Izanagi betrayed his promise not to look at her, and lit up a fire, only to behold her in her monstrous and hellish state. To avenge her shame, she dispatched the lightning god Yakusa no ikazuchi no kami (Raijin) and the horrible hag Yomotsu-shikome to chase after him. Izanagi escaped, but the goddess declared to kill a thousand of his people every day. Izanagi retorted that a thousand and five hundred will be born every day.
The question is, why in the world did Izanami partake of food cooked in the furnace of the Underworld? Didn’t she realize that it would render her return impossible?

I’m quite upset over this whole affair, and I think that you, Gary, should forget about your beef with Yahweh and join me in being peeved with Izanami for partaking in the food cooked in the furnace of the Underworld.
_______
Walker

Post by Walker »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 11:52 pm Dear Overgod, please be there because Yahweh is a fucking tyrant!
Is "fucking," another entreaty to your Overgod?

If you were to create a thread expressly for the purpose of trolling your own topic of interest, would this action be caused by your Overgod, the one that you pray to?
Walker

Post by Walker »

seeds wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 1:03 am
Gary Childress wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 11:42 pm One can only hope that somewhere out there is a god presiding over God who will hold the creator of this world accountable for his atrocities.
Wow!

How about you...

Seeing how you seem to be getting all worked-up over mythological nonsense, I'll ask you the same (slightly altered) question I asked the poster that goes by the moniker "Greatest I am":

Why are you getting so upset with Yahweh when I think a more important issue is why did the Japanese deity Izanagi have to use his younger sister Izanami to give birth to the islands of Japan?

According to Wiki in regard to Izanagi:
He [Izanagi] with his spouse and younger sister [ :shock: ] Izanami gave birth to the many islands of Japan (kuniumi), and begat numerous deities of Shintoism (kamiumi). But she died after giving birth to the fire-god Kagu-tsuchi. Izanagi executed the fire god with the "ten-grasp sword" (Totsuka-no-tsurugi). Afterwards, he paid his wife a visit in Yomi-no-kuni (the Underworld) in the hopes of retrieving her. But she had partaken of food cooked in the furnace of the Underworld, rendering her return impossible. Izanagi betrayed his promise not to look at her, and lit up a fire, only to behold her in her monstrous and hellish state. To avenge her shame, she dispatched the lightning god Yakusa no ikazuchi no kami (Raijin) and the horrible hag Yomotsu-shikome to chase after him. Izanagi escaped, but the goddess declared to kill a thousand of his people every day. Izanagi retorted that a thousand and five hundred will be born every day.
The question is, why in the world did Izanami partake of food cooked in the furnace of the Underworld? Didn’t she realize that it would render her return impossible?

I’m quite upset over this whole affair, and I think that you, Gary, should forget about your beef with Yahweh and join me in being peeved with Izanami for partaking in the food cooked in the furnace of the Underworld.
_______
I think that Gary just needs a ration of attention to his notions.

Would it be fair, in the eyes of God, to interpret “Wow!” as …

If one were to create a thread expressly for the purpose of pissing on God, or the concept of God,
would one need an Overgod to hide behind, or the concept of an Overgod? Or, could the one who abides in the Confusion Domain ever hope to stand upright upon his/her own two feet, or a reasonable substitute of two feet, in order to take the first step out of ignorance/confusion, and take the heat for Confusion-doing. As can be easily and correctly be inferred, Confusion-doing, which is acting while confused, can be explained when considered as antithetical to the plot which describes the Wisdom-doing of Solomon.

It's the Life-Plot that could have ended otherwise, had Solomon been confused, and not wise. That baby could have been cleaved in two with a sword as sharp as surgical steel, had Solomon not been wise.

As an aside, do you think that this transmission would be easier on folks’ short attention spans, if broken up by a bit more o’ space in betwixt the sentences?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Walker wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 8:04 am

If you were to create a thread expressly for the purpose of trolling your own topic of interest, would this action be caused by your Overgod, the one that you pray to?
Sorry if I hit a nerve. It was not my intention. I can assure you I'm not against you. So I don't understand the reason for your disparagement of my desire to find a God who will hold Yahweh accountable for his creation. Can you explain to me why it appears to upset you?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 8:41 am
Walker wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 8:04 am

Sorry if I hit a nerve. It was not my intention. I can assure you I'm not against you. So I don't understand the reason for your disparagement of my desire to find a God who will hold Yahweh accountable for his creation. Can you explain to me why it appears to upset you?
The instant apology, which is a common wont, is an interesting first step towards the light. :wink:

Gary, your use of the word "fucking," is merely a revelation of how you approach your God, with your narrated hopes and prayers.

It has nothing to do with me, neither do your hopes and prayers.

Why? Well, since I asked ...

I enjoy fucking, and do a lot of it.
Fucking is part of life.
I would consider a life without ever fucking, incomplete.

I would not take advice from such a person who has never fucked.
What do they know of life?

That's literal fucking, btw.

It's not fucking around with God-concepts, while in a state of confusion.

:|
Walker

Post by Walker »

Consider this thread, a world.
You created this world.
Your stupid questions are atrocities.
Your childish projections are atrocities.

Make this world worthy of me, you little confused creator, you.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Walker wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:04 am
Consider this thread, a world.
You created this world.
Your stupid questions are atrocities.
Your childish projections are atrocities.

Make this world worthy of me, you little confused creator, you.
According to the Bible, God flooded the world, undoubtedly killing every human aside from his chosen few. Is that the God you are defending? Are you defending the God who commands absolute allegiance to him over everything and everyone else? Are you defending the God who commanded Abraham to sacrifice his own son just to test his faith? That's not a very good God in my book. But if that's the God you want, knock yourself out. Before you judge me, maybe you need to take a good look at yourself. But don't take my word for it--because I know you won't. Enjoy your "fucking" Walker. Not all of us get that much pleasure out of life.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:45 am
According to the Bible, God flooded the world, undoubtedly killing every human aside from his chosen few. Is that the God you are defending? Are you defending the God who commands absolute allegiance to him over everything and everyone else? Are you defending the God who commanded Abraham to sacrifice his own son just to test his faith? That's not a very good God in my book. But if that's the God you want, knock yourself out. Before you judge me, maybe you need to take a good look at yourself. But don't take my word for it--because I know you won't. Enjoy your "fucking" Walker. Not all of us get that much pleasure out of life.
It gets worse...Humans are your only hope here on earth. We're the only ones driving the bus, we're the only ones controlling which way the wheel will turn. There is nothing higher that we know of other than human intelligent self-awareness. It's not like Elephants or Giraffe's are going to be appointed to take over the world and become the next global elite having full authority over the mere mortal minions. No, it's all down to us humans, your future lies purely in the hands of humanity.

That should tell you all you need to know about our future life here on earth.

While it is true that Humans have evolved to possess great potentiality, and yet at the same time have evolved to be extremely inimical by nature. Both natures oscillating between one extreme and another, never quite knowing what you are going to get.

Personally, I'd rather just not play the game, it's all so cheap, humiliating and mundane for my liking.

Last edited by Dontaskme on Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Even the philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer born 22 February 1788 ..knew the hard cold truth of reality. Men have always known it.

“Whatever one may say, the happiest moment of the happy man is the moment of his falling asleep, and the unhappiest moment of the unhappy that of his waking. Human life must be some kind of mistake.”

We long for our death to end this nightmare, and while we can end our lives ourselves, we do not know the full consequences of this action thus the bullet remains in the chamber and the thorn in the mind. I cope not knowing whatever awaits after this death will be better than the hell that berates in the present. It's all so fucking tragic.

jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 12:17 pm Even the philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer born 22 February 1788 ..knew the hard cold truth of reality. Men have always known it.

“Whatever one may say, the happiest moment of the happy man is the moment of his falling asleep, and the unhappiest moment of the unhappy that of his waking. Human life must be some kind of mistake.”

We long for our death to end this nightmare, and while we can end our lives ourselves, we do not know the full consequences of this action thus the bullet remains in the chamber and the thorn in the mind. I cope not knowing whatever awaits after this death will be better than the hell that berates in the present. It's all so fucking tragic.

Sleep does not bring happiness. Only an unhappy man will get some relief.

You are unhappy so you should get some sleep.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

jayjacobus wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 12:58 pm

You know nothing, absolutely zero zilch nothing about me.

So on that note, I think you should just fuck the fuck off with your retarted opinion.
jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 1:34 pm

So on that note, I think you should just fuck the fuck off with your retarted opinion.
I know that "hell berates" you because you wrote that. That is your opinion, not mine.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

jayjacobus wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 2:01 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 1:34 pm

I know that "hell berates" you because you wrote that. That is your opinion, not mine.
Opinions do not define people.

Opinions are meaningless, they mean zilch, intelligent people know this.

People did not ask for their life. It’s perfectly ok to form an opinion whether it’s hated, loathed or loved matters not. Absolutely not…not…not..not. Why does it not matter, why does anything matter. It doesn’t that’s why.