Praying to the Overgod

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: Praying to the Overgod

Post by Age »

Sculptor wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:18 pm Yeah.
Well you can keep adding god's as far as you like.
I am given to understand it is Turtles all the way down holding up this charade.
Truth is better conjugated with reality to accept that god is but a myth.
When you say, "god is but a myth", what is this 'god' thing, EXACTLY, which you speak of here?

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:01 am
Sculptor wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:18 pm Truth is better conjugated with reality to accept that god is but a myth.
Believe what you want. I think there's a God and God hates me. It's the only explanation for the perfect pit my life is.
Are you SURE that 'your life' is NOT just some 'self-fulfilled' prophecy?

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:05 am
Walker wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:09 am Not bad for standing on your own two feet, Gary, except for the victimhood crap.
I can't expect you or anyone else in this world to understand.
But, UNDERSTANDING, itself, is VERY SIMPLE and EASY.
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:05 am If you love life, Walker, then good for you.
The 'victimization' that you express comes across VERY LOUD and CLEAR "gary childress".

If you HATE life, "gary childress" or "dontaskme", then good for 'you'.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:05 am
Sculptor wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:18 pm Truth is better conjugated with reality to accept that god is but a myth.
Believe what you want. I think there's a God and God hates me. It's the only explanation for the perfect pit my life is.
Life is perfectly unconditionally free to feel that way, and any and every other way for that matter. That's the mindless, and purposeless, and irrational and unreasonable pointlessness of it all...it's just unconditionally free to be, whatever that freedom manifests as in this conception...I personally see life as slavery and drudgery.
But 'life', itself, has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO 'you'.

Instead, 'you' were brought INTO 'Life'.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:05 am And since there is no condition that could possibly change what is always unconditional we are ultimately free to accept or reject every feeling thing we project as our reality.

For me personally, I'm ok with feeling absolutely shit about being alive, the alternative of knowing I can destroy my body is also included in the absolute shit feeling of what it feels like to be alive...so for me, it's all just hopelessly shit all the way down, so all I can do is bare it until I do not have to bare it anymore..
But there is NO time, in adulthood, that you HAVE TO 'bear it'?

If you do NOT like some thing, then either CHANGED IT, or just REMOVE "yourself" FROM IT.

And, you MAY feel okay with feeling so-called "ABSOLUTE SHIT", but you feel "GOOD" SHARING YOUR 'absolute shit' feeling with EVERY one here.

In fact you LOVE KNOWING that we all HEAR just how 'absolutely shit' 'life' IS and how 'you' FEEL, correct?
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:05 am I've got no other choice but to project more dread and shit upon myself,
LOL "no other choice".

'you' had NO 'choice' in being brought INTO this 'world' and 'life' and it appears 'you' also have absolutely NO 'choice' AT ALL in how 'you' behave and appear as well, correct?
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:05 am in the thought of ending it all....but death waits for us all, and when my times comes, I will not even be aware, I am free of having to bare the shit anymore.
LOL Yes the one known as "dontaskme" has absolutely NO 'choice' AT ALL here.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:05 am And that's why life is so fucking pointless and stupid.
WHY is YOUR 'life' "so fucking pointless and stupid"?

Is it BECAUSE 'you' have made it so?

Or, BECAUSE some thing ELSE has MADE YOUR 'life', "so fucking pointless and stupid" FOR YOU?

Post by Age »

bobmax wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:10 am
Gary Childress wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 11:42 pm One can only hope that somewhere out there is a god presiding over God who will hold the creator of this world accountable for his atrocities.
Your desire for justice is similar, in my opinion, to that of Job.

There is no answer in the book.
Nor could there be.

But what matters in the book is Job claiming the truth from God.
Even though God basically glosses over it.

Because Job shows all his determination in demanding an account of evil.

As you do by appealing to a God who is above God.

But who are you really talking to?
Isn't your question of justice addressed to yourself?

Doesn't the pain, the compassion, dig into you?
Aren't you the origin of all things?
The REASON WHY "gary childress" has NO girlfriend (as though that is what MAKES 'life' what 'it' IS), is BECAUSE of God, and NOT AT ALL because of the way "gary childress" LOOKS AT and SEES 'things'.

The REASON WHY "gary childress" does NOT have a girlfriend/wife is NOT because of the way "gary childress" mis/behaves around girls/woman.
The REASON WHY "gary childress" is single is BECAUSE of what God has created and BECAUSE of the way God has singled out "gary childress" to TORMENT and DISTURB. Right "gary childress"?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:51 am
I am given to understand it is Turtles all the way down holding up this charade.
When you say, "god is but a myth", what is this 'god' thing, EXACTLY, which you speak of here?
God is a mythical character. God is a baked bean can which sits on the top shelf of the kitchen cupboard somewhere between the teabags and the jar of peanut butter.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:07 pm

Life is perfectly unconditionally free to feel that way, and any and every other way for that matter. That's the mindless, and purposeless, and irrational and unreasonable pointlessness of it all...it's just unconditionally free to be, whatever that freedom manifests as in this conception...I personally see life as slavery and drudgery.

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:05 am And since there is no condition that could possibly change what is always unconditional we are ultimately free to accept or reject every feeling thing we project as our reality.

For me personally, I'm ok with feeling absolutely shit about being alive, the alternative of knowing I can destroy my body is also included in the absolute shit feeling of what it feels like to be alive...so for me, it's all just hopelessly shit all the way down, so all I can do is bare it until I do not have to bare it anymore..

If you do NOT like some thing, then either CHANGED IT, or just REMOVE "yourself" FROM IT.

And, you MAY feel okay with feeling so-called "ABSOLUTE SHIT", but you feel "GOOD" SHARING YOUR 'absolute shit' feeling with EVERY one here.

In fact you LOVE KNOWING that we all HEAR just how 'absolutely shit' 'life' IS and how 'you' FEEL, correct?
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:05 am I've got no other choice but to project more dread and shit upon myself,
LOL "no other choice".

'you' had NO 'choice' in being brought INTO this 'world' and 'life' and it appears 'you' also have absolutely NO 'choice' AT ALL in how 'you' behave and appear as well, correct?
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:05 am in the thought of ending it all....but death waits for us all, and when my times comes, I will not even be aware, I am free of having to bare the shit anymore.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:05 am And that's why life is so fucking pointless and stupid.

Or, BECAUSE some thing ELSE has MADE YOUR 'life', "so fucking pointless and stupid" FOR YOU?
And here is a prime example of the shit I have to deal with on a daily basis. It’s just more of the same old smelly stale old shit that just keeps on shitting.

Life is one huge gigantic Garbage can…in out in out in out….until my last breath…sigh!
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:55 am
Walker wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:09 am Not bad for standing on your own two feet, Gary, except for the victimhood crap.
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:05 am If you love life, Walker, then good for you.
The 'victimization' that you express comes across VERY LOUD and CLEAR "gary childress".

Yes we do love hating our lives. It’s good for us to embrace hating our lives, because we’re honest and not pretentious people pleasers like you, so fuck off and mind your own business, why don’t you get off our backs and go do something less boring instead like playing with the traffick on some busy motorway or something 🤪
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

A myth is a myth. Nothing more to be said.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:24 pm
God is a mythical character. God is a baked bean can which sits on the top shelf of the kitchen cupboard somewhere between the teabags and the jar of peanut butter.
So which one is 'It'?

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:32 pm
Age wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:07 pm

LOL "no other choice".

And here is a prime example of the shit I have to deal with on a daily basis. It’s just more of the same old smelly stale old shit that just keeps on shitting.

Life is one huge gigantic Garbage can…in out in out in out….until my last breath…sigh!
But this is just a myth.

Post by Age »

Sculptor wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:04 pm
A myth is a myth. Nothing more to be said.
So, the 'thing' that is a myth, is nothing more than a myth, to you, correct?

Now, if you were to say,for example, "santa claus is but a myth", and someone were to ask you, what is this 'santa clause' thing, EXACTLY, which you speak of here? Then would you also say, "A myth is a myth. Nothing more to be said", as well?

Or, would you describe 'santa claus' in some ACTUAL way?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:30 am
But this is just a myth.
Everything is a myth, and this myth is really stupid and pointless. It's so pointless and stupid that I cannot stop laughing at it in total disbelief of how terrible and dumb it is. When the pain comes, that's when it gets extra ultra stupid and dumb, that's when the laughter turns to tears...it's unbearable to think this is going to go on forever.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:28 am

So which one is 'It'?
IT's the IT one

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:59 pm
Age wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:55 am

Yes we do love hating our lives. It’s good for us to embrace hating our lives, because we’re honest and not pretentious people pleasers like you, so fuck off and mind your own business,
So, how is being, SUPPOSEDLY, "honest" and "not a pretentious people pleaser", LIKE ME, 'good' for you, EXACTLY?
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:59 pm why don’t you get off our backs and go do something less boring instead like playing with the traffick on some busy motorway or something 🤪
WHY come into a PUBLIC FORUM and WRITE WORDS about how much you HATE 'life' and SUPPOSEDLY want to be ALONE, which "others" WILL OBVIOUSLY SEE, and WILL REPLY TO, and then COMPLAIN when "others" REPLY to YOUR WHINING WORDS?