Praying to the Overgod

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

popeye1945

Re: Praying to the Overgod

Post by popeye1945 »

Walker

Post by Walker »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:45 am
Walker wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:04 am
Gary Childress wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 11:42 pm One can only hope that somewhere out there is a god presiding over God who will hold the creator of this world accountable for his atrocities.
Consider this thread, a world.
You created this world.
Your stupid questions are atrocities.
Your childish projections are atrocities.

Make this world worthy of me, you little confused creator, you.
According to the Bible, God flooded the world, undoubtedly killing every human aside from his chosen few. Is that the God you are defending? Are you defending the God who commands absolute allegiance to him over everything and everyone else? Are you defending the God who commanded Abraham to sacrifice his own son just to test his faith? That's not a very good God in my book. But if that's the God you want, knock yourself out. Before you judge me, maybe you need to take a good look at yourself. But don't take my word for it--because I know you won't. Enjoy your "fucking" Walker. Not all of us get that much pleasure out of life.
Not bad for standing on your own two feet, Gary, except for the victimhood crap. With practice, a graceful posture replaces passive aggressiveness and insincere apologies. The key to a graceful intellectual posture is kindness from the heart.

Christian-doing inspires and fuels heart-kindness, and in a world such as this one right here, in which existence is limited to intellectual expression, Christian-doing manifests as an objective presentation of Christianity, and is under no obligation to do the heavy lifting for critics of Christianity by presenting their points of view … although the Christian intellectual does apprehend those points of view more completely than the atheist.

This intellectually appropriate Christian-doing is just so evident in the Christians here, and I don’t mean me.

As far as intellectual fairness being used in transmissions to those receiving on an intellectually unfair frequency, I find forum Christians to be an inspiration because, as was mentioned, a natural, graceful intellectual posture invites Grace, the divine kind.

The Christian-doing of the Christian Intellectual (CI) is quite a phenomenon to witness.

Ignorance gets slung at Christianity like lions were slung at slaves, but I notice ignorance has no chance of sticking to patient, kind rationality. One can’t help but wonder if becoming a Christian and striving for that natural elegance and grace of mind is what creates such admirable balance in the CI’s. Or does that balance pre-exist and find itself naturally attracted to Christianity, so that the good Christian who finds what Jesus the man found to be true of life, would have found it anyway in the hell and high water of life.

You’ve likely heard it said that sex is in the mind. That is because sex can break the continuity of awareness and alter the course of perception. Something is gained in the discovered knowledge of sex … and forms of animism often consider what also gets lost, what was sacrificed for the discovery.

The power that gets lost is why virgins get thrown into volcanoes.

The rule is, offer immense natural power such as volcanoes the best you have, and hopefully you will please the gods to smile upon you and yours, and all that you do. Respect for greater powers and offering the best you have to offer, in hopes of favour from the gods, probably gave rise to the tradition of women “saving” themselves for marriage. :|

Because sex is in the mind, and because the mind is without limits, sex can break the continuity of awareness and change the direction of life.

However, because sex is in the mind and the mind is without limits, sex is not required to break the continuity of awareness.

It (the mind) can even make you a good Christian.

Why break the continuity of awareness? Because invariably, that is what changes one’s direction in life. For instance, knowing replaces doubt. For instance, must replaces choice. :wink:
Before you judge me, maybe you need to take a good look at yourself.
On PN I find a more stimulating practice of integration, is to replace fairness, with tit for tat. I need the practice, because the kinds of unfairness one finds here just don't come naturally. Here as in life, you find some smart folks dishing out rations of unfairness. Unfairness is the result of corruption, and adaptation to corruption. Such unfairness and corruption need not be the end, however, I'm not selling anything.

When in Rome ...
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Yeah.
Well you can keep adding god's as far as you like.
I am given to understand it is Turtles all the way down holding up this charade.
Truth is better conjugated with reality to accept that god is but a myth.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:18 pm Yeah.
Well you can keep adding god's as far as you like.
I am given to understand it is Turtles all the way down holding up this charade.
Truth is better conjugated with reality to accept that god is but a myth.
Oh let them have their beliefs.🤢

Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Sculptor wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:18 pm Truth is better conjugated with reality to accept that god is but a myth.
Believe what you want. I think there's a God and God hates me. It's the only explanation for the perfect pit my life is.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Walker wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:09 am Not bad for standing on your own two feet, Gary, except for the victimhood crap.
I can't expect you or anyone else in this world to understand. If you love life, Walker, then good for you.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:01 am
Sculptor wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:18 pm Truth is better conjugated with reality to accept that god is but a myth.
Believe what you want. I think there's a God and God hates me. It's the only explanation for the perfect pit my life is.
Life is perfectly unconditionally free to feel that way, and any and every other way for that matter. That's the mindless, and purposeless, and irrational and unreasonable pointlessness of it all...it's just unconditionally free to be, whatever that freedom manifests as in this conception...I personally see life as slavery and drudgery.

And since there is no condition that could possibly change what is always unconditional we are ultimately free to accept or reject every feeling thing we project as our reality.

For me personally, I'm ok with feeling absolutely shit about being alive, the alternative of knowing I can destroy my body is also included in the absolute shit feeling of what it feels like to be alive...so for me, it's all just hopelessly shit all the way down, so all I can do is bare it until I do not have to bare it anymore..I've got no other choice but to project more dread and shit upon myself, in the thought of ending it all....but death waits for us all, and when my times comes, I will not even be aware, I am free of having to bare the shit anymore.

And that's why life is so fucking pointless and stupid.
bobmax

Post by bobmax »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 11:42 pm One can only hope that somewhere out there is a god presiding over God who will hold the creator of this world accountable for his atrocities.
Your desire for justice is similar, in my opinion, to that of Job.

There is no answer in the book.
Nor could there be.

But what matters in the book is Job claiming the truth from God.
Even though God basically glosses over it.

Because Job shows all his determination in demanding an account of evil.

As you do by appealing to a God who is above God.

But who are you really talking to?
Isn't your question of justice addressed to yourself?

Doesn't the pain, the compassion, dig into you?
Aren't you the origin of all things?

Post by Age »

1. ONLY 'you', adult human beings, commit 'atrocities'.

2. God, in the Truest sense, is WITHIN absolutely EVERY 'thing', and so is therefore, LITERALLY, everywhere and NOT just 'somewhere out there'.

3. God is NOT a "he".

4. If one creates a creature with 'free will' and the ABILITY to do or create just absolutely ANY thing, then that Creature is NOT accountable for those creatures, here named 'you', adult human beings, for the Wrong that 'you' ALL DO. Including 'you', "gary childress". Or, would you love someone ELSE to be 'accountable' for the 'atrocities' that you DO and continue TO COMMIT.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:01 am
How about grow some balls and take responsibility? You are not a child. When I was a child my life was bad, but that was all out of my control.
I left home asap, then I had what ever I was capable of mustering. But my mistakes were my own.

Post by Age »

Walker wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:04 am
Consider this thread, a world.
You created this world.
Your stupid questions are atrocities.
Your childish projections are atrocities.

Make this world worthy of me, you little confused creator, you.
According to the Bible, God flooded the world, undoubtedly killing every human aside from his chosen few.
WHY is this, supposedly, "undoubtedly"?

WHAT reason do you have to HOLD TRUE the VERSION and INTERPRETATION that you do HOLD TRUE?
Gary Childress wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:45 am Is that the God you are defending?
Is that, obviously, DISTORTED VERSION, which you HOLD TRUE, the God that you are DESPISING?

Gary Childress wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:45 am Are you defending the God who commands absolute allegiance to him over everything and everyone else?
IF ANY one thinks or BELIEVES that God is commanding absolute allegiance to "him", then that one, OBVIOUSLY, has absolutely NO CLUE NOR IDEA what God IS, EXACTLY.
Gary Childress wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:45 am Are you defending the God who commanded Abraham to sacrifice his own son just to test his faith?
Will you EXPRESS YOUR VERSION and INTERPRETATION of what you IMAGINED took place here?

If no, then WHY NOT?

If you did, then we might be able to SHOW you the Wrongness of YOUR WAYS here.
Gary Childress wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:45 am That's not a very good God in my book.
Well, allegedly AND supposedly, "he" created 'you' to be EXACTLY like you ARE "gary childress", so WHY do 'you' IMAGINE that God created 'you' to SEE "him" to NOT be a very good God, IN YOUR BOOK?

And, would 'you' be SEEN to be a very good person, IN "his" or God's BOOK?
Gary Childress wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:45 am But if that's the God you want, knock yourself out.
Would God REALLY EXIST how 'you' WANT God to be?

If yes, then MAYBE that is WHY 'you' SEE God as NOT a 'very good God', in your OWN made up BOOK.
Gary Childress wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:45 am Before you judge me, maybe you need to take a good look at yourself.
Are 'you' SAYING 'this' to ANY in particular?

Could this even be DIRECTED back towards "your" 'self'?

Or, are 'you', "yourself", ABOVE this ADVICE?
Gary Childress wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:45 am But don't take my word for it--because I know you won't. Enjoy your "fucking" Walker. Not all of us get that much pleasure out of life.
Is the 'pleasure' ITSELF in the 'fucking', or in the 'cumming'?

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 12:00 pm
According to the Bible, God flooded the world, undoubtedly killing every human aside from his chosen few. Is that the God you are defending? Are you defending the God who commands absolute allegiance to him over everything and everyone else? Are you defending the God who commanded Abraham to sacrifice his own son just to test his faith? That's not a very good God in my book. But if that's the God you want, knock yourself out. Before you judge me, maybe you need to take a good look at yourself. But don't take my word for it--because I know you won't. Enjoy your "fucking" Walker. Not all of us get that much pleasure out of life.
It gets worse...Humans are your only hope here on earth. We're the only ones driving the bus, we're the only ones controlling which way the wheel will turn. There is nothing higher that we know of other than human intelligent self-awareness.
And, in the days when this was being written, most human beings had NOT evolved ENOUGH to even be Truly 'self'-aware creatures as they did NOT even KNOW 'Who 'I' am', EXACTLY. They, literally, were NOT 'self'-aware.

They were AWARE that there was a 'self' but they had NOT REAL CLUE NOR IDEA as to WHO, nor even WHAT, the 'self' NOR the 'Self' WAS and IS, EXACTLY.

Some even BELIEVED that there was NO 'self'. Thus these ones could NEVER be 'self'-aware AT ALL.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 12:00 pm It's not like Elephants or Giraffe's are going to be appointed to take over the world and become the next global elite having full authority over the mere mortal minions. No, it's all down to us humans, your future lies purely in the hands of humanity.
Thinking or BELIEVING that human beings were the so-called 'global elite', and having FULL 'authority' over the 'rest' is ANOTHER EXAMPLE of just how DELUDED some of these adult human beings REALLY WERE, back in the OLDEN DAYS.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 12:00 pm That should tell you all you need to know about our future life here on earth.
ACTUALLY it SAYS absolutely NOTHING AT ALL about your future life, here on earth.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 12:00 pm While it is true that Humans have evolved to possess great potentiality, and yet at the same time have evolved to be extremely inimical by nature. Both natures oscillating between one extreme and another, never quite knowing what you are going to get.

Personally, I'd rather just not play the game, it's all so cheap, humiliating and mundane for my liking.

Absolutely NO one AT ALL is MAKING you 'play the game'. You are FREE to PULL OUT and FINISH 'playing' WHENEVER you like.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 12:17 pm Even the philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer born 22 February 1788 ..knew the hard cold truth of reality. Men have always known it.

“Whatever one may say, the happiest moment of the happy man is the moment of his falling asleep, and the unhappiest moment of the unhappy that of his waking. Human life must be some kind of mistake.”

We long for our death to end this nightmare, and while we can end our lives ourselves, we do not know the full consequences of this action thus the bullet remains in the chamber and the thorn in the mind. I cope not knowing whatever awaits after this death will be better than the hell that berates in the present. It's all so fucking tragic.

BUT, 'we' do NOT "long for our death" AT ALL.

YOUR 'we' and MY 'we' are VERY DIFFERENT 'we's' "dontaskme".

Do you REALLY STILL NOT KNOW the FULL CONSEQUENCES of what is called 'ending one's life' or just 'after the end of one's life'?

What the FULL CONSEQUENCES are can be CONVEYED. VERY EASILY and VERY SIMPLY I will add and REMIND.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 1:34 pm
jayjacobus wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 12:58 pm
Sleep does not bring happiness. Only an unhappy man will get some relief.

You are unhappy so you should get some sleep.
You know nothing, absolutely zero zilch nothing about me.

So on that note, I think you should just fuck the fuck off with your retarted opinion.
'you' WANT TO CLAIM, "EVERY one is UNHAPPY, and, can NOT wait till death", but when what you CLAIM is put back ON 'you', 'you' CONTINUALLY FREAK OUT and REFUSE to ACKNOWLEDGE this Truth.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 3:51 pm
jayjacobus wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 2:01 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 1:34 pm

You know nothing, absolutely zero zilch nothing about me.

So on that note, I think you should just fuck the fuck off with your retarted opinion.
I know that "hell berates" you because you wrote that. That is your opinion, not mine.
Opinions do not define people.

Opinions are meaningless, they mean zilch, intelligent people know this.

People did not ask for their life.
SO WHAT?

ABSOLUTELY NO one, that is; NO animal, NO plant, NO planet, NO star, and NO galaxy "asked for their life". But EVERY one of these 'things' JUST LIVES. 'you', however, "dontaskme", CONTINUALLY COMPLAIN that 'you' were BROUGHT TO LIFE, WITHOUT YOUR APPROVAL NOR PERMISSION, as though 'you' could ACTUALLY GIVE IT.

As I SEE things here, you have two choices;

You accept that 'you' ARE ALIVE, and KEEP LIVING, or 'you' just STOP LIVING.

BOTH are VERY SIMPLE and REAL EASY to DO and ACHIEVE.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 12:00 pm It’s perfectly ok to form an opinion whether it’s hated, loathed or loved matters not. Absolutely not…not…not..not. Why does it not matter, why does anything matter. It doesn’t that’s why.
Does 'this' OPINION of YOURS, 'matter'?

If no, then WHY EXPRESS 'it'?