The problem of evil

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bahman

Re: The problem of evil

Post by bahman »

seeds wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 8:43 pm
bahman wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:29 pm How does God change our vile bodies into glorious bodies? Does it require another process or God just does it in an instant?
The Biblical quote where it talks about the changing of our "vile body" (i.e., our material body) into that which is like God's "glorious body," is simply a part of the archaic language that the writers used at the time to describe the process that will automatically take place as our mind (soul/consciousness) is born-out of our (vile) body via the process that we call death.

In other words, it's already a done deal, in that we are already in possession of a "glorious body" (like that of God's body) that will be revealed to us at the moment of death.

You should be able to understand how "natural" and "organic" this concept is, simply by viewing the metaphorical illustration I supplied in my prior post.
So you interpret the Bible as you wish and suit you.
seeds wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:13 pm
seeds wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:13 pm God isn't forcing humans to eat meat. Nor is God slitting the cow's throat or sledgehammering the pig in the above images. In which case, it would seem that the majority of evil experienced by certain animals is caused by humans, and not God.

The point is that if you are concerned about what the lion does to the gazelle in order to feed itself and its cubs, then if you eat meat, you are a hypocrite who could instantly help reduce a tiny bit of (unnecessary) evil on earth by never eating meat again.

Are you willing to do that?
bahman wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:46 pm I eat all sorts of foods with respect. I thanks all sort of food for dying for me.
Then you are an active and willing contributor to the evil that certain animals must endure.

So, stop blaming God for their suffering when, in truth, you are to blame.
_______
bahman wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:29 pm As I mentioned evil is unavoiable sometimes.
Not in the case of you eating meat, which is totally avoidable.
bahman wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:29 pm Moreover, killing an animal in hands of a human is much different from being eaten alive!
Right. The alleged fifth most intelligent animal in the world being trapped in the living hell of a factory farm for approximately six to ten months...

...before having their throats slit or being sledgehammered by a human is, indeed, "much different" (as in vastly worse) than the few fleeting seconds of misery that the random prey of a lion must endure.

Nice try!
_______
I disagree with keeping animals in the wrong condition. In my country, the animals are kept in good condition.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:27 pm
bahman wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 3:50 pm Why do we suffer for the sins of others (Adam and Eve)?
Every sentient creature with a nervous system will suffer the effects of pain, by naturally repelling it via the automatic reflexive response systems already programmed into the body as a means to protect itself in the effort to survive. These pains will either be caused by natural causes or intentional and deliberate causes. This is an unavoidable consequence of being a conscious feeling entity.

Now, what has 'evil' got to do with any of this? well the word ''evil'' is just a man-made concept. Then there's that stupid man-made story that goes something like... Eve disobeyed an experiement she played upon herself, by deliberately using it to see if the experiment would force her to go against her own will that she deliberately set-up as some form of self-obedience training. She had to force herself to participate in the experiment, since she was the only one who came up with the idea in the first place, so she had no other choice but to follow it through to it's conclusion, because she wanted to discover what it would be like to be a curious creature, to see what happens when you are naturally curious about your world. Anyways, as the story goes..she set about being curious, otherwise she would never have had any reason to set-up the experiment in the first place. So had she not bothered to force herself to go through with it, there wouldn't have been any point in the experiment at all.

So as the silly story goes, it was Eve alone who should have bared all the responsibilty for the sin she caused, just for being a naturally curious feeling sentient creature. But no, Eve, who was really Adam, who was really God, then imposed that sin on every other living human person that ever came into existence forever after...which was a very silly thing to do, to blame everyone else, for something she did.

Thankfully, it's just some dumb fable that made no more sense than cinderella having a biological father.

But here we are, in the so called evolved era that is 2022 where there remain tiny pockets of very gullible adult children who are still spreading the great big stupid myth around as if it was the gospel absolute truth...just because that's what the bible wanted us all to believe. Yeah, ok.
I agree that some sorts of evil are necessary, like pain. I don't know if God, Adam, and Eve are the same person or if they ever existed.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 8:53 pm
bahman wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 9:45 pm
DPMartin wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:04 pm

the rest of the story tells you if you read it.

God is not only the Creator but also the Judge therefore the Judge of what is good or evil for His creation and the creatures therein, no exceptions.
So God creates situation in which a person can commit evil so he can judge him? If yes, isn't God the origin of evil?
DPMartin wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:04 pm what happened in the garden is Eve made a judgment contrary to God's Judgement and Adam followed.
Eve was naive and was deceived. There was the problem of temptation too, the fruit looked tempting. She has to fight the temptation forever. We all know that it is impossible to ignore a temptation forever.
DPMartin wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:04 pm therefore man now goes by his own judgement of good and evil, but again man's judgement results in death, because God's Judgement is Life so any other judgement wouldn't not be life.

also there is the concept of morals here do to the commandment God spoke to Adam was a covenant, or a agreement. Adam can hang in the garden and live the life Adam received from God, as long as no eat from TOK. note there's no protest on Adam's part mentioned. Adam wasn't made in the garden, Adam was made, then put in the garden.

hence the agreement God made with Adam, and was merciful to let A&E to live the life in and of the flesh as animals do, and they lost the Life (for the record) Jesus, the Son of God, restored to the faithful.

so the reason why for all this is Adam was to be a son of God, possessing God's place in the earth, earth being God's footstool. and in that place they were to execute God's Judgements in the earth.

so the sin in this case is really separation from God's Presence, or the state of it, and that life A&E were left with you have received when you were born into the world, hence the term original sin.
Why we are kept in such a state? We don't keep people responsible for the fault of others.
QED. Nothing else needs to be debated concerning God. If the Bible is true, then God is the most wicked, vile creature in the universe. He wants us to put him before everything else in this world, including our own children, yet gives us nothing in return. People run around killing each other in his name. What more needs to be said to convince the God botherers that either there is no God or that God is pretty darn sadistic.

It gets tiring debating morons who will defend their evil God. As far as I'm concerned Christians are little different than worshipers of a satanic cult. And yet they have the audacity to call other religions evil, heretical or misguided. Fucking morons ad infinitum.
Cool, so you agree! :mrgreen:
bahman

Post by bahman »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 6:21 am
QED. Nothing else needs to be debated concerning God. If the Bible is true, then God is the most wicked, vile creature in the universe. He wants us to put him before everything else in this world, including our own children, yet gives us nothing in return. People run around killing each other in his name. What more needs to be said to convince the God botherers that either there is no God or that God is pretty darn sadistic.

It gets tiring debating morons who will defend their evil God. As far as I'm concerned Christians are little different than worshipers of a satanic cult. And yet they have the audacity to call other religions evil, heretical or misguided. Fucking morons ad infinitum.
Worshipping the bloody human sacrifice by means of barbaric torturing of your own flesh and blood.. and living only for that ultimate sacrifice as a means to salvation, is a sick cult mentality, akin to satanic worship. It's like saying.. do not be your body, you must give up your body, if you are to become one with the eternal spirit.

It's totally insane, as if there was some floating ethereal other reality existing separate from the material body, where one can permanently reside in perfect bliss and harmony forever and ever... It's utter nonsense. It's the mentality of someone who was traumatized as a child by adults, forcing them to substitute the failings of the ones they thought they could trust, namely, their mother and father figures... who failed to love them unconditionally...so they made up a God in heaven.

All because humans cannot handle the truth of their being, that they are just another animal.

The human bloody sacrifice must take place in order to secure your own salvation, is the belief the Christian Bible subscribes to. Human bloody violent scarifice, or no heaven, or love for you, is a tryranny of the first order, either you are with us or against us. Yup, it's a pretty sick mentality...typically human though. Only a human can come up with an idea like that.

More and more people on this forum are ignoring the posts I make, because they know I tell the truth, and most people hate the truth, they cannot handle it.
I agree with what you said here 100%. I wish I could say that.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 2:12 pm
Age wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 5:12 pm
bahman wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:37 pm
What do you eat? Isn't what you eat alive?
KILLING ANIMALS is NOT needed to stay alive.

EATING NUTRIENTS is however.
Whatever we eat is alive including animals.
So what?

AND, I think the Fact animals were ALIVE, BEFORE they are KILLED, can go without saying.

Also, why do those who were challenged over the Fact that eating animals was NOT AT ALL necessary, in the days when this was being written, commonly resorted to the Fact that plants and vegetables are alive ALSO?

They say this as though because eating fruit or vegetables, which was once alive, translates to the KILLING of live animals as being 'justified".

They also say this as though they have some emotional attraction to the 'feelings' of, and for, living fruits and vegetables.

If you WILL KILL a living animal, or WILL have one KILLED, just because you like the taste of it flesh or organs, then you have NO emotional connection with a living fruit or vegetable.
bahman wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 2:12 pm We just need to ensure that they are kept in a good condition.
LOL

So, HOW EXACTLY does KILLING some thing keep it in good condition?

And, would NOT letting an animal live NATURALLY instead of FARMED and bred to be SLAUGHTERED, just for the sake of your taste buds, be a MUCH BETTER, thus GOOD, CONDITION for them?

Or, do your taste buds OVERRIDE animals' welfare?

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 2:24 pm
seeds wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 8:43 pm
bahman wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:29 pm How does God change our vile bodies into glorious bodies? Does it require another process or God just does it in an instant?
The Biblical quote where it talks about the changing of our "vile body" (i.e., our material body) into that which is like God's "glorious body," is simply a part of the archaic language that the writers used at the time to describe the process that will automatically take place as our mind (soul/consciousness) is born-out of our (vile) body via the process that we call death.

In other words, it's already a done deal, in that we are already in possession of a "glorious body" (like that of God's body) that will be revealed to us at the moment of death.

You should be able to understand how "natural" and "organic" this concept is, simply by viewing the metaphorical illustration I supplied in my prior post.
So you interpret the Bible as you wish and suit you.

Then you are an active and willing contributor to the evil that certain animals must endure.

So, stop blaming God for their suffering when, in truth, you are to blame.
_______
bahman wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:29 pm As I mentioned evil is unavoiable sometimes.
Not in the case of you eating meat, which is totally avoidable.
bahman wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:29 pm Moreover, killing an animal in hands of a human is much different from being eaten alive!
Right. The alleged fifth most intelligent animal in the world being trapped in the living hell of a factory farm for approximately six to ten months...

...before having their throats slit or being sledgehammered by a human is, indeed, "much different" (as in vastly worse) than the few fleeting seconds of misery that the random prey of a lion must endure.

Nice try!
_______
I disagree with keeping animals in the wrong condition. In my country, the animals are kept in good condition.
LOL
LOL
LOL

And what country do you propose this is, EXACTLY?

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 2:27 pm
bahman wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 3:50 pm Why do we suffer for the sins of others (Adam and Eve)?
Every sentient creature with a nervous system will suffer the effects of pain, by naturally repelling it via the automatic reflexive response systems already programmed into the body as a means to protect itself in the effort to survive. These pains will either be caused by natural causes or intentional and deliberate causes. This is an unavoidable consequence of being a conscious feeling entity.

Now, what has 'evil' got to do with any of this? well the word ''evil'' is just a man-made concept. Then there's that stupid man-made story that goes something like... Eve disobeyed an experiement she played upon herself, by deliberately using it to see if the experiment would force her to go against her own will that she deliberately set-up as some form of self-obedience training. She had to force herself to participate in the experiment, since she was the only one who came up with the idea in the first place, so she had no other choice but to follow it through to it's conclusion, because she wanted to discover what it would be like to be a curious creature, to see what happens when you are naturally curious about your world. Anyways, as the story goes..she set about being curious, otherwise she would never have had any reason to set-up the experiment in the first place. So had she not bothered to force herself to go through with it, there wouldn't have been any point in the experiment at all.

So as the silly story goes, it was Eve alone who should have bared all the responsibilty for the sin she caused, just for being a naturally curious feeling sentient creature. But no, Eve, who was really Adam, who was really God, then imposed that sin on every other living human person that ever came into existence forever after...which was a very silly thing to do, to blame everyone else, for something she did.

Thankfully, it's just some dumb fable that made no more sense than cinderella having a biological father.

But here we are, in the so called evolved era that is 2022 where there remain tiny pockets of very gullible adult children who are still spreading the great big stupid myth around as if it was the gospel absolute truth...just because that's what the bible wanted us all to believe. Yeah, ok.
I agree that some sorts of evil are necessary, like pain.
LOL
LOL
LOL

HOW, EXACTLY, is 'pain' evil?
bahman wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 2:27 pm I don't know if God, Adam, and Eve are the same person or if they ever existed.
LOL
LOL
LOL

WHY would absolutely ANY one ASSUME that the word 'God' would be referring to 'a person', of ALL things?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

I agree that some sorts of evil are necessary, like pain. I don't know if God, Adam, and Eve are the same person or if they ever existed.
They’re just different labels for the same Knower.

Every known thing is apparent as and through a label …requiring a knower. All knowing comes from the same one knower.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 2:38 pm
bahman wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 2:12 pm

KILLING ANIMALS is NOT needed to stay alive.

EATING NUTRIENTS is however.
Whatever we eat is alive including animals.
So what?

AND, I think the Fact animals were ALIVE, BEFORE they are KILLED, can go without saying.

Also, why do those who were challenged over the Fact that eating animals was NOT AT ALL necessary, in the days when this was being written, commonly resorted to the Fact that plants and vegetables are alive ALSO?

They say this as though because eating fruit or vegetables, which was once alive, translates to the KILLING of live animals as being 'justified".
Yes, it justifies.
Age wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 5:12 pm They also say this as though they have some emotional attraction to the 'feelings' of, and for, living fruits and vegetables.
Yes, I have emotions toward fruits and vegetables.
Age wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 5:12 pm If you WILL KILL a living animal, or WILL have one KILLED, just because you like the taste of it flesh or organs, then you have NO emotional connection with a living fruit or vegetable.
That simply does not follow.
bahman wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 2:12 pm We just need to ensure that they are kept in a good condition.
LOL

So, HOW EXACTLY does KILLING some thing keep it in good condition?

And, would NOT letting an animal live NATURALLY instead of FARMED and bred to be SLAUGHTERED, just for the sake of your taste buds, be a MUCH BETTER, thus GOOD, CONDITION for them?

Or, do your taste buds OVERRIDE animals' welfare?
First, domestic animals cannot live without our help. Second, dying naturally is more painful than being killed at the hands of humans.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 2:43 pm

I agree that some sorts of evil are necessary, like pain.
LOL
LOL
LOL

HOW, EXACTLY, is 'pain' evil?
To me, whatever that you don't like is evil. Opposite of good.
Age wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 2:43 pm
bahman wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 2:27 pm I don't know if God, Adam, and Eve are the same person or if they ever existed.
LOL
LOL
LOL

WHY would absolutely ANY one ASSUME that the word 'God' would be referring to 'a person', of ALL things?
That is personal.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 4:06 pm

They’re just different labels for the same Knower.

Every known thing is apparent as and through a label …requiring a knower. All knowing comes from the same one knower.
Now I cannot follow you.
puto

Post by puto »

The argument has just become too semantic. "It is not God I do not accept," Dostoevsky grumbled, "But the world he has created." According, to Saint Augustine of Hippo and Philosopher Herbert Mc Cabe held wickedness was a bad that amounted to a lack of some kind. The evil argument is an absence or privation of good. Enlightenment and allegory were too many ethical questions, the explanation of hidden meanings. Hell is a separation from God. Evil is logically inherent in free will, a sufficient reason for God allowing evil. No freedom, no moral responsibility. We are not a world of puppets, we act freely. God allowing the consequence of a great good. For Saint Aquinas, "I am not free in spite of God but because of God." Not a paradox, such as, "Can a man drown in the fountain of eternal life?" The problem of evil is not God's fault, but the free will of human beings. Do not be nihilistic in your thinking, in Nietzsche's thesis of the word nihilism. Be practical in your problem of evils. Nietzsche says truths are errors not given up and pragmatic. Saint Paul was following good and bad, right and wrong, in terms of natural law. By the way Epicurus: Problem of evil. Is God willing to prevent evil but not able. Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able but not willing? Then he is malevolent. He is both able and willing? Then how can there be evil? Epicurus was a theist who rejected divine intervention.
seeds

Post by seeds »

bahman wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 2:24 pm So you interpret the Bible as you wish and suit you.
Actually, I see all of the world's religions (and science) as containing "nuggets" of valid information that are kind of like puzzle pieces that, when assembled, reveal an image of what the truth of reality may possibly be.
seeds wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 8:43 pm Right. The alleged fifth most intelligent animal in the world being trapped in the living hell of a factory farm for approximately six to ten months...

Nice try!
bahman wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 2:24 pm I disagree with keeping animals in the wrong condition. In my country, the animals are kept in good condition.
You are attempting to side-step the point of this particular tangent of the discussion.

The so-called "Problem of Evil" has to do with why an alleged omnipotent God doesn't do something about the suffering of animals, when, in fact, it is humans who are responsible for much of that suffering.

Furthermore, how about you provide us with the name of your country so that we can verify your claim.
_______
DPMartin

Post by DPMartin »

bahman wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 9:45 pm
DPMartin wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:04 pm

the rest of the story tells you if you read it.

God is not only the Creator but also the Judge therefore the Judge of what is good or evil for His creation and the creatures therein, no exceptions.
So God creates situation in which a person can commit evil so he can judge him? If yes, isn't God the origin of evil?
DPMartin wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:04 pm what happened in the garden is Eve made a judgment contrary to God's Judgement and Adam followed.
Eve was naive and was deceived. There was the problem of temptation too, the fruit looked tempting. She has to fight the temptation forever. We all know that it is impossible to ignore a temptation forever.
DPMartin wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:04 pm therefore man now goes by his own judgement of good and evil, but again man's judgement results in death, because God's Judgement is Life so any other judgement wouldn't not be life.

also there is the concept of morals here do to the commandment God spoke to Adam was a covenant, or a agreement. Adam can hang in the garden and live the life Adam received from God, as long as no eat from TOK. note there's no protest on Adam's part mentioned. Adam wasn't made in the garden, Adam was made, then put in the garden.

hence the agreement God made with Adam, and was merciful to let A&E to live the life in and of the flesh as animals do, and they lost the Life (for the record) Jesus, the Son of God, restored to the faithful.

so the reason why for all this is Adam was to be a son of God, possessing God's place in the earth, earth being God's footstool. and in that place they were to execute God's Judgements in the earth.

so the sin in this case is really separation from God's Presence, or the state of it, and that life A&E were left with you have received when you were born into the world, hence the term original sin.
Why we are kept in such a state? We don't keep people responsible for the fault of others.

this don't even make sense

if the bible is true then God hasn't given you anything?

really?

if the bible is true then your existence and the place you exist and the flesh you exist in is what He gave you freely, and yet He lets you keep it until it runs it's course even though you curse Him. and FYI its man's judgement that is the cause of death, not God's Judgement. of course if the bible is true, right?
DPMartin

Post by DPMartin »

seeds wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:36 pm
bahman wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 2:24 pm So you interpret the Bible as you wish and suit you.
Actually, I see all of the world's religions (and science) as containing "nuggets" of valid information that are kind of like puzzle pieces that, when assembled, reveal an image of what the truth of reality may possibly be.
seeds wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 8:43 pm Right. The alleged fifth most intelligent animal in the world being trapped in the living hell of a factory farm for approximately six to ten months...

Nice try!
bahman wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 2:24 pm I disagree with keeping animals in the wrong condition. In my country, the animals are kept in good condition.
You are attempting to side-step the point of this particular tangent of the discussion.

The so-called "Problem of Evil" has to do with why an alleged omnipotent God doesn't do something about the suffering of animals, when, in fact, it is humans who are responsible for much of that suffering.

Furthermore, how about you provide us with the name of your country so that we can verify your claim.
_______
FYI

this is the covenant (agreement) that God made with Noah and all his children. (that would be everyone after the flood)

Gen 9:1  And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth. 
Gen 9:2  And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered. 
Gen 9:3  Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things. 
Gen 9:4  But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat. 

so God said its okey to eat flesh as long as you bleed out the flesh.
Last edited by DPMartin on Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.