SHE is LOVE

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Re: SHE is LOVE

Post by Gary Childress »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:03 am
Gary Childress wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:15 am So DAMe (I said that in Bogart style), how was your day? I had a very good day today. It's still a little touch and go, however, because often when I have a good day like this it's building up into a manic episode culminating in me being almost catatonic while scared to death of conspiracies and paranoia.
Hi Gary, welcome back, I see you have managed to find your way through the torrential downpour of (mental maze grazing) to reach me again. :D

Dame I am, but I'm no Damsel in distress. :wink:

Glad to hear you had a good day. I have good and bad days. Days when life just flows like honey on the lips, and then days when life is such a dull drag, not boring, but just kinda dull. But I am always keeping myself busy. I'm in my early 60's so could pop me clogs any day now...so always try to seize the day as if it was my last.

I never get too stressed out when my day is a cloudy one because I know the following day will be a whole new chapter that never fails to surprise me just how different we can feel from one day to the next.

Yeah, and I relate to the conspiracies and paranoia...I also understand that catatonic feeling, I get that often, where I'm just like ''wtf'' and fall into a completely motionless swoon, like a deer caught in headlights 👍 yep, I can relate to that one alright!

I like to follow the news, but will never take any of it as gospel...I only listen and then make up my own mind about what's trending and whether it's actually making sense or it's just more of the usual BS propagander.

Thanks for popping in, chat anytime, I'm always here, I'm retired now, living alone, which is what I call my heaven. I always thought heaven was a place not of this earth, but I was wrong, it's always right here co-habiting with her husband in blissful wed-lock ( metaphorical joke :wink: ) I used to think solitude was just for losers and loners. I guess that's me in a nutshell then! :oops:

Talk about anything you like on this thread Gary, I'm up for it. See ya!

I'm in my mid 50s and can certainly relate to what you say about the news. I listen to NPR sometimes and it's interesting stuff but I do have to be mindful that it's not the final word on anything.

I guess like anything else, solitude has its advantages and disadvantages. I read a quip from Michel de Montaigne once where he spoke of how marriage is like being birds in a cage. The birds on the outside of the cage are all looking to get in and the birds on the inside are all wanting to get out. Kind of a funny quote I thought. I'm sure it's true (with regard to those inside the cage).

I've always been on the outside of the cage and never inside it. Sometimes when I see a beautiful woman, I think I would love to be caged with her. It looks so much like heaven to me. But I guess it's probably not as wonderful as it may seem from the outside. I've spent all my life looking for someone special to be with. I thought I had found her when I met a certain woman about a year ago. But like every other time when I thought I had found someone special for me, I fucked up the whole thing with my depression, social ineptitude, and lack of experience. I still have feelings for her.

And that's my "executive summary." You really don't have to pay too much attention to anything else I write after that unless you're NOT an exectutive and actually want to know what's going on at the micro-level. Otherwise, I'm agnostic and apolitical. One day my opinion might be one thing and the next day I'm leaning toward the opposite side of the fence. What I try to stay true to is humanity. I guess that makes me a "humanist" instead of a "theist". A "theist" is true to God, a "humanist" is true to all of humanity (or at least tries to be). However, unfortunately, I fuck up a lot as a humanist, mostly due to lack of knowledge or awareness. I think most of us want to do the right thing. We're all just confused about what the right thing is. I think the Bible says, you cannot serve two masters. A person is either true to God or true to something or someone else. Or maybe I'm mostly just true to woman. I don't know. I get confused a lot.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:53 am
I'm in my mid 50s
Haha...notice we didn't specify an actual precise number. I'm the good side of 60 :D your the inbetweeny side of 50
Growing old sucks, and it's also paradoxically the best time I have lived in my entire life. Never thought I'd have to wait this long before life could be this good. I would never want to go through all that again though, the part where you have to get to this part. . no thanks, once is enough for me, I'm a one life lifer. .lol ..it's funny because when you are young you think everything is just so amazing of course, it's all new...then you get to old age and start to realise you've been played and conned the whole time. And by that time, is when you really start to live out the most authentic side of you... like how you used to be when you were a young child...you've probably heard this story before, I know I do tend to state the obvious.
Gary Childress wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:53 amI guess like anything else, solitude has its advantages and disadvantages. I read a quip from Michel de Montaigne once where he spoke of how marriage is like being birds in a cage. The birds on the outside of the cage are all looking to get in and the birds on the inside are all wanting to get out. Kind of a funny quote I thought. I'm sure it's true (with regard to those inside the cage).
:lol: :lol: Hilarious, I love it. Never heard that one before. Thanks..for the chuckle.
Gary Childress wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:53 amI've always been on the outside of the cage and never inside it. Sometimes when I see a beautiful woman, I think I would love to be caged with her. It looks so much like heaven to me. But I guess it's probably not as wonderful as it may seem from the outside. I've spent all my life looking for someone special to be with. I thought I had found her when I met a certain woman about a year ago. But like every other time when I thought I had found someone special for me, I fucked up the whole thing with my depression, social ineptitude, and lack of experience. I still have feelings for her.
I've been on both sides of the cage. And right now, I'm just totally free of the cage period. I do not side with anyone. But am always open for a good spooning sesh, if ever the impossibilty came knocking at my door. .(just kidding! :lol: )
Gary Childress wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:53 amAnd that's my "executive summary." You really don't have to pay too much attention to anything else I write after that unless you're NOT an exectutive and actually want to know what's going on at the micro-level. Otherwise, I'm agnostic and apolitical. One day my opinion might be one thing and the next day I'm leaning toward the opposite side of the fence. What I try to stay true to is humanity. I guess that makes me a "humanist" instead of a "theist". A "theist" is true to God, a "humanist" is true to all of humanity (or at least tries to be). However, unfortunately, I fuck up a lot as a humanist, mostly due to lack of knowledge or awareness. I think most of us want to do the right thing. We're all just confused about what the right thing is. I think the Bible says, you cannot serve two masters. A person is either true to God or true to something or someone else. Or maybe I'm mostly just true to woman. I don't know. I get confused a lot.
Sounds a lot like myself - I maybe the female version of you. :D

Thanks for sharing.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:15 am So DAMe (I said that in Bogart style), how was your day? I had a very good day today. It's still a little touch and go, however, because often when I have a good day like this it's building up into a manic episode culminating in me being almost catatonic while scared to death of conspiracies and paranoia.
https://americanhumanist.org/what-is-hu ... ect-bible/
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Gary…since you and I are definitely going to hell, well maybe more me than you, but if we both do go ..do you think we could perhaps be neighbours? Or do we all go to individual hells?

If the latter…then there must be a hell of a lot of hells in the universe. 👹
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:42 pm Gary…since you and I are definitely going to hell, well maybe more me than you, but if we both do go ..do you think we could perhaps be neighbours? Or do we all go to individual hells?

I hope we'll be neighbors. I wouldn't want to go to heaven even if I could. I don't want to be anywhere near the God who created this world. I'd rather be around you.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

As far as I'm concerned all the religions that originated in Mesopotamia are trash. Just look how fucked up the region is. It's a fucking desert now.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 9:50 am
Dontaskme wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:42 pm Gary…since you and I are definitely going to hell, well maybe more me than you, but if we both do go ..do you think we could perhaps be neighbours? Or do we all go to individual hells?

I hope we'll be neighbors. I wouldn't want to go to heaven even if I could. I don't want to be anywhere near the God who created this world. I'd rather be around you.
What a lovely thing to say thanks 😀

I adore men who see the pure beauty that is a woman. If only they knew how good they can be together in love. They don’t know what they’re missing, they don’t understand that heaven is always for the taking.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 9:57 am As far as I'm concerned all the religions that originated in Mesopotamia are trash. Just look how fucked up the region is. It's a fucking desert now.
Yep.

Also, I’m not too keen on the idea of a Christian god/ man relationship ..the idea makes my skin crawl. It’s teachings are almost like a tyrannical form of mental and emotional abuse against humanity.

The idea that there is a Creator that knows everything is creepy. And quite a dangerous idea to anyone with intelligence.

Why would a creator knowing what it’s creating even want to inflict that on itself in the first place is beyond my comprehension.

I personally just think life is like a huge mixing bowl of ingredients that under the right conditions generate what we have now, that and a whole bunch of chemical reactions happening and that’s all there is to it.

It’s all really quite Borg like and very basic…also incredibly beautiful….and yet very depressing and painful…you just couldn’t make this up. It’s all so very weird and alien too. But mostly it’s mysterious save what imaginative ideas superimpose upon the mystery.

I personally thinks everything about life is simply and absolutely Nothing knowing itself. And it’s probably just a one off event that will never happen again.

I mean, you cannot get anymore weird than a planet teaming with dinosaurs ..a system that’s only existence is constantly eating and feeding upon itself. It’s terrifyingly grotesque and beautiful at the same time.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Well, tonight was difficult to endure. I went out to a bar with a guy friend from work. We just sat there and watched the beautiful people hanging out with each other. I couldn't help but sit there and think how unattractive I am and how inadequately I'm prepared for anything but the most desperate woman to date me. Life is cruel.

I talked to God on the way home. I argue with God quite a bit. He just listens and doesn't offer much in the way of help. It's like falling overboard and talking to God, begging him for a life preserver. Of course, God doesn't throw you one. You sit there and drown for all God can do.

They say Jesus died for our sins and that God, therefore, loves us. I can't help but think, "gee, thanks a lot God." Now, with that, I can probably afford to buy a one-dollar scratch-off lottery ticket--if someone gives me a dollar. Fucking, Jesus dying for our sins is virtually worthless in this world. No, we're supposed to wait for the next world when all we can do is float around in either land and fight what could only be constant boredom--if an afterlife even exists. What if there isn't an afterlife? What if there isn't a God? Well, then we're really screwed, I guess.

Post by Age »

Hell NOR heaven is NOT somewhere where 'you', human beings, individually go to AFTER 'you' so-call 'die'.

The words 'hell' AND 'heaven' are just words that were used to refer to the WAY OF 'life' that 'you', human beings, make for "yourselves" here ON EARTH.

'The world' that 'you' end up living in, which is NOT wanted OR is hated was NEVER created by God, and ANY notion that 'it' was is just LUNACY to the EXTREME.

Thinking that heaven OR hell is some place 'you', individually, "go to" (AFTER 'you' 'die' just SHOWS and REVEALS how Truly SELFISH 'you', adult human beings, HAD BECOME, back in the days when this was being written. How much MORE SELFISH could one actually be than considering or worrying about WHERE one MIGHT GO AFTER they 'die'?

Heaven AND hell MEANS or REFERS TO the 'way of life' that 'you', adults, END UP creating for EVERY one (man, woman, child, animal, AND environment) HERE, on earth.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 7:57 pm

What a lovely thing to say thanks 😀

I adore men who see the pure beauty that is a woman.
Is 'man' a 'pure beauty' also, and maybe even 'children'? Or, is it ONLY 'woman' who are 'pure beauty', to you?
Dontaskme wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 7:57 pm If only they knew how good they can be together in love. They don’t know what they’re missing, they don’t understand that heaven is always for the taking.
And/or 'making'.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 2:30 am

Hell NOR heaven is NOT somewhere where 'you', human beings, individually go to AFTER 'you' so-call 'die'.

The words 'hell' AND 'heaven' are just words that were used to refer to the WAY OF 'life' that 'you', human beings, make for "yourselves" here ON EARTH.

'The world' that 'you' end up living in, which is NOT wanted OR is hated was NEVER created by God, and ANY notion that 'it' was is just LUNACY to the EXTREME.

Thinking that heaven OR hell is some place 'you', individually, "go to" (AFTER 'you' 'die' just SHOWS and REVEALS how Truly SELFISH 'you', adult human beings, HAD BECOME, back in the days when this was being written. How much MORE SELFISH could one actually be than considering or worrying about WHERE one MIGHT GO AFTER they 'die'?

Heaven AND hell MEANS or REFERS TO the 'way of life' that 'you', adults, END UP creating for EVERY one (man, woman, child, animal, AND environment) HERE, on earth.
Unfortunately, that's not what the concepts of heaven and hell ultimately mean in the Judeo/Christian/Muslim interpretation of things. They're supposed to come after physical, mortal death. At least that's how I generally interpreted it.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 8:15 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 9:57 am As far as I'm concerned all the religions that originated in Mesopotamia are trash. Just look how fucked up the region is. It's a fucking desert now.
Yep.

Also, I’m not too keen on the idea of a Christian god/ man relationship ..the idea makes my skin crawl. It’s teachings are almost like a tyrannical form of mental and emotional abuse against humanity.

The idea that there is a Creator that knows everything is creepy.
It is NOT 'creepy' when you COME-TO-KNOW, and UNDERSTAND, thee One and ONLY True UNDERSTANDING.

But, WHILE you BELIEVE that 'that idea' IS CREEPY, then ALL you WILL SEE, and thus KNOW OF, is CREEPINESS.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 8:15 pm And quite a dangerous idea to anyone with intelligence.
WHY?
Dontaskme wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 8:15 pm Why would a creator knowing what it’s creating even want to inflict that on itself in the first place is beyond my comprehension.
WHY 'that version' is BEYOND your comprehension IS because 'that version' is 'the False, Wrong AND Incorrect version'.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 8:15 pm I personally just think life is like a huge mixing bowl of ingredients that under the right conditions generate what we have now,
What do you mean by 'the right conditions'? After all it is 'you' WHO continually COMPLAINS about 'this life' and how absolutely NO "should" have to SUFFER and ENDURE the PAIN of 'this life'.

Surely, if 'this life' is SO BAD and WRONG, then it was NOT 'the right conditions' that generated 'this life', which we have now, but were 'the WRONG conditions', correct?
Dontaskme wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 8:15 pm that and a whole bunch of chemical reactions happening and that’s all there is to it.
WHATEVER way the Universe IS IN, in absolutely ANY and EVERY moment of Its ETERNAL Existence is EXACTLY how It IS MEANT TO BE, and thus PERFECT, ALL THE TIME.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 8:15 pm It’s all really quite Borg like and very basic…also incredibly beautiful….and yet very depressing and painful…you just couldn’t make this up. It’s all so very weird and alien too. But mostly it’s mysterious save what imaginative ideas superimpose upon the mystery.
ACTUALLY 'It' is ALL quite SIMPLE, and EASY, REALLY. That is; once one LEARNS how to SEE and UNDERSTAND 'things' for how they ACTUALLY REALLY ARE.

OBVIOUSLY, 'things' could and would SEEM 'very weird and alien' like WHEN one has NOT LEARNED what thee ACTUAL Truth of 'things' IS YET.

If one does NOT UNDERSTAND some 'thing' FULLY, then 'it' could and would APPEAR 'mysterious'. But, REALLY, there is NO 'thing' so-called 'mysterious' when one UNDERSTANDS those 'things'.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 8:15 pm I personally thinks everything about life is simply and absolutely Nothing knowing itself.
WE KNOW. 'you' have TOLD 'us' ths CONTRADICTORY wording MANY TIMES throughout this forum.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 8:15 pm And it’s probably just a one off event that will never happen again.
Well, OBVIOUSLY, there can ONLY EVER BE One Universe, and thus ONE Life, AS WELL.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 8:15 pm I mean, you cannot get anymore weird than a planet teaming with dinosaurs ..a system that’s only existence is constantly eating and feeding upon itself.
If there is ONLY One 'system', which, ULTIMATELY, there IS and could ONLY BE, then, OBVIOUSLY, It HAS TO FEED/SURVIVE off of Its OWN 'Self'.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 8:15 pm It’s terrifyingly grotesque and beautiful at the same time.
This is JUST, NATURAL and NORMAL, and because this IS ETERNAL, this is JUST the way It IS. That is; A PRIME EXAMPLE of PERFECTION (at Its BEST).

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 2:43 am

Unfortunately, that's not what the concepts of heaven and hell ultimately mean in the Judeo/Christian/Muslim interpretation of things. They're supposed to come after physical, mortal death. At least that's how I generally interpreted it.
That is right. That is how 'you', and millions upon millions of other human beings, INTERPRETED 'it'.

And, 'heaven' AND 'hell' DO come AFTER 'a physical death'. BUT, it is NOT an individual human being's 'physical, mortal death' that is what 'heaven' AND 'hell' are in relation to. The 'physical, mortal death' is in relation to 'life', or more correctly and accurately, in relation to the DEATH of 'a way life, and living'.

The 'life' that 'hell' OR 'heaven' comes AFTER, or follows, is NOT in relation to 'you', human being's life, but to of 'a way of life', itself.

See, just like ALL human beings were Wrong in their INTERPRETATION that the sun revolves around the earth so to they are ALL Wrong in their INTERPRETATION about the 'physical, mortal death' being in relation to 'your', human beings' lives.

The 'afterlife' is NOT about 'after' a human being's death, but is about 'after' the death of 'a way of life', and that 'way of life' is the greedy, selfish, stress-full, war-torn, pollution-riddled way of life, that 'you', human beings, are creating, and are LIVING in, in the days when this is being written.

AFTER the 'physical death' of this 'way of life', then 'life', and living, can get WORSE (more hell-like) or BETTER (more heaven-like). It ALL DEPENDS on what 'you' do NOW, what HAPPENS 'AFTER'.

The 'afterlife' has just been MISINTERPRETED for thousands upon thousands of years.

And, the reason WHY you have generally INTERPRETED 'it' Wrong is because that was just the way you were TAUGHT to SEE, and think about, 'it'.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 3:54 am
Gary Childress wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 2:43 am

That is right. That is how 'you', and millions upon millions of other human beings, INTERPRETED 'it'.

And, 'heaven' AND 'hell' DO come AFTER 'a physical death'. BUT, it is NOT an individual human being's 'physical, mortal death' that is what 'heaven' AND 'hell' are in relation to. The 'physical, mortal death' is in relation to 'life', or more correctly and accurately, in relation to the DEATH of 'a way life, and living'.

The 'life' that 'hell' OR 'heaven' comes AFTER, or follows, is NOT in relation to 'you', human being's life, but to of 'a way of life', itself.

See, just like ALL human beings were Wrong in their INTERPRETATION that the sun revolves around the earth so to they are ALL Wrong in their INTERPRETATION about the 'physical, mortal death' being in relation to 'your', human beings' lives.

The 'afterlife' is NOT about 'after' a human being's death, but is about 'after' the death of 'a way of life', and that 'way of life' is the greedy, selfish, stress-full, war-torn, pollution-riddled way of life, that 'you', human beings, are creating, and are LIVING in, in the days when this is being written.

AFTER the 'physical death' of this 'way of life', then 'life', and living, can get WORSE (more hell-like) or BETTER (more heaven-like). It ALL DEPENDS on what 'you' do NOW, what HAPPENS 'AFTER'.

The 'afterlife' has just been MISINTERPRETED for thousands upon thousands of years.

And, the reason WHY you have generally INTERPRETED 'it' Wrong is because that was just the way you were TAUGHT to SEE, and think about, 'it'.
Well, there's certainly nothing on this Earth that I would call heaven that is accessible to me. Unless a guy likes to hang around other men all day long. I'll never have a wife to love or wealth. All the extra things that make life wonderful are not going to be there for me. I want know love and romance and I may as well just pack up shop and off myself at this point because I'm never going to get the nice things in life.