SHE is LOVE

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: SHE is LOVE

Post by Dontaskme »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 12:47 am Well, tonight was difficult to endure. I went out to a bar with a guy friend from work. We just sat there and watched the beautiful people hanging out with each other. I couldn't help but sit there and think how unattractive I am and how inadequately I'm prepared for anything but the most desperate woman to date me. Life is cruel.

I talked to God on the way home. I argue with God quite a bit. He just listens and doesn't offer much in the way of help. It's like falling overboard and talking to God, begging him for a life preserver. Of course, God doesn't throw you one. You sit there and drown for all God can do.

They say Jesus died for our sins and that God, therefore, loves us. I can't help but think, "gee, thanks a lot God." Now, with that, I can probably afford to buy a one-dollar scratch-off lottery ticket--if someone gives me a dollar. Fucking, Jesus dying for our sins is virtually worthless in this world. No, we're supposed to wait for the next world when all we can do is float around in either land and fight what could only be constant boredom--if an afterlife even exists. What if there isn't an afterlife? What if there isn't a God? Well, then we're really screwed, I guess.
Thanks for your response.

The only god I know is the one I make up as an idea. Like I am fully aware of being alive, and I can observe nature's ways. I can observe the physical and emotional pain that I am. I can observe it in others too, including all the wildlife. I observe a paradise built in hell.

Gary, I watch videos like this...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy7AA1c22HI

And by doing so they confirm what I've always known, that life is such a bum deal. I cannot lie to myself or bury my head in some loving god notion anymore.

Why would a god even want this.

If I was the creator of the universe I'd abort the whole idea and go back to sleep. I'd be like, hmm, I really don't think that plan is going to go down too well, I think I'll just not bother.

No intelligent creator would have bothered, in my opinion. That tells me life is nothing more than pure happenstance, and that there is no such thing as an intelligent creator god. Humans make up all kinds of theories often to pacify what they can never know, so they'll just invent some story that they believe gives them a purpose and meaning to existence. But, I have always known life doesn't work that way, and that it's not walking to the beat of the human drum....the human ideas about an all intelligent loving god couldn't be further from the actual reality. God is just another word for life, and life is forced upon every living creature...and to me, that force is what I cannot bare...I'd rather just have never been alive.

All my life I have either suffered mental, emotional, or physical pain...all my life I've felt it...for 60 + years, and it's getting worse, and worse as I get older and older. I felt it as a child, and all through my teenage years, all through my marriage, and all through the years I raised my children. Now I'm alone, I'm loving it, but at the same time, I'm ravaged with the pain of a worn out body, I feel it's failing effects on me every single day...it's like watching myself die an agonising slow long lingering death...but it's not making me want to kill myself, because I think the idea of killing yourself is disgusting. I'd rather battle through the battle than end my own life.

Gary, do keep sharing your experiences with me, I will always listen. I'll always be here to chat about how awful being alive is with you. Nothing in this life ever shocks me, because I happen to think it's shocking from start to finish anyway..I remember as a young child how I soon began to feel very nervous and scared at the discovery I existed. The very idea of existing caused so much anxiety for me throughout my entire life. Having said that, I've always been able to endure it. Why, because what choice did I have, I had to endure it, I didn't ask to be here, so I have to keep on enduring it, on and on until I do not have to endure it any more.

Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 6:53 am
Gary Childress wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 12:47 am Well, tonight was difficult to endure. I went out to a bar with a guy friend from work. We just sat there and watched the beautiful people hanging out with each other. I couldn't help but sit there and think how unattractive I am and how inadequately I'm prepared for anything but the most desperate woman to date me. Life is cruel.

I talked to God on the way home. I argue with God quite a bit. He just listens and doesn't offer much in the way of help. It's like falling overboard and talking to God, begging him for a life preserver. Of course, God doesn't throw you one. You sit there and drown for all God can do.

They say Jesus died for our sins and that God, therefore, loves us. I can't help but think, "gee, thanks a lot God." Now, with that, I can probably afford to buy a one-dollar scratch-off lottery ticket--if someone gives me a dollar. Fucking, Jesus dying for our sins is virtually worthless in this world. No, we're supposed to wait for the next world when all we can do is float around in either land and fight what could only be constant boredom--if an afterlife even exists. What if there isn't an afterlife? What if there isn't a God? Well, then we're really screwed, I guess.
Thanks for your response.

The only god I know is the one I make up as an idea. Like I am fully aware of being alive, and I can observe nature's ways. I can observe the physical and emotional pain that I am. I can observe it in others too, including all the wildlife. I observe a paradise built in hell.

Gary, I watch videos like this...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy7AA1c22HI

And by doing so they confirm what I've always known, that life is such a bum deal. I cannot lie to myself or bury my head in some loving god notion anymore.

Why would a god even want this.

If I was the creator of the universe I'd abort the whole idea and go back to sleep. I'd be like, hmm, I really don't think that plan is going to go down too well, I think I'll just not bother.

No intelligent creator would have bothered, in my opinion. That tells me life is nothing more than pure happenstance, and that there is no such thing as an intelligent creator god. Humans make up all kinds of theories often to pacify what they can never know, so they'll just invent some story that they believe gives them a purpose and meaning to existence. But, I have always known life doesn't work that way, and that it's not walking to the beat of the human drum....the human ideas about an all intelligent loving god couldn't be further from the actual reality. God is just another word for life, and life is forced upon every living creature...and to me, that force is what I cannot bare...I'd rather just have never been alive.

All my life I have either suffered mental, emotional, or physical pain...all my life I've felt it...for 60 + years, and it's getting worse, and worse as I get older and older. I felt it as a child, and all through my teenage years, all through my marriage, and all through the years I raised my children. Now I'm alone, I'm loving it, but at the same time, I'm ravaged with the pain of a worn out body, I feel it's failing effects on me every single day...it's like watching myself die an agonising slow long lingering death...but it's not making me want to kill myself, because I think the idea of killing yourself is disgusting. I'd rather battle through the battle than end my own life.

Gary, do keep sharing your experiences with me, I will always listen. I'll always be here to chat about how awful being alive is with you. Nothing in this life ever shocks me, because I happen to think it's shocking from start to finish anyway..I remember as a young child how I soon began to feel very nervous and scared at the discovery I existed. The very idea of existing caused so much anxiety for me throughout my entire life. Having said that, I've always been able to endure it. Why, because what choice did I have, I had to endure it, I didn't ask to be here, so I have to keep on enduring it, on and on until I do not have to endure it any more.

Yeah. LIfe sucks pretty bad. I've had times when I was happy keeping to myself.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 2:10 pm
Yeah. LIfe sucks pretty bad. I've had times when I was happy keeping to myself.
Alone Again Naturally Gilbert O`Sullivan Lyrics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY4c_r5VY8c

You are always ALONE - In Love - SHE is Love

“A man once asked Rumi, "Why is it you talk so much about silence?" His answer: "The radiant one inside me has never said a word.”
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

“Remember God so much that you are forgotten. Let the caller and the called disappear; be lost in the Call.” ~Rumi

The only way to heaven is through hell.

Death the final frontier.

Infinity can NEVER repeat.

Hate or Love - Sinner or Saint - it's all YOU.

A solipsism without profound love is false.