Some Blessings of Vedic (Hindu) Religions

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: Some Blessings of Vedic (Hindu) Religions

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:05 am
attofishpi wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:51 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:59 am

For fuck sake!
Well, in the case of rape I guess it is. Iwannaplato is bang on.
RC seems to imply that the religion was the root cause of someone to commit heinous acts such as gang rape...a ridiculous notion.
When you have a culture where women are considered inferior to men then yes, it's extremely relevant.
I'm sure statistically men and women are both inferior and superior in many ways to one another.

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:05 amI've never heard of a gang rape by a marauding gang of practicing atheists or devout scientists...
That's because atheist don't go around with some branding, an emblem hanging from around their necks declaring that they are indeed, atheist. Or am I supposed to think that atheists don't gang rape?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

attofishpi wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:09 am
attofishpi wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:51 am

Well, in the case of rape I guess it is. Iwannaplato is bang on.
RC seems to imply that the religion was the root cause of someone to commit heinous acts such as gang rape...a ridiculous notion.
When you have a culture where women are considered inferior to men then yes, it's extremely relevant.
I'm sure statistically men and women are both inferior and superior in many ways to one another.

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:05 amI've never heard of a gang rape by a marauding gang of practicing atheists or devout scientists...
That's because atheist don't go around with some branding, an emblem hanging from around their necks declaring that they are indeed, atheist. Or am I supposed to think that atheists don't gang rape?
Two of your stupider responses. I don't know why you bothered.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:46 am

Explain that, you gotta give a darn tootin 'boy like me a sure as hell chance to make ya feel inferior.

I do suppose my wisdom is a waste on this space.
vegetariantaxidermy

attofishpi wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:51 am

Explain that, you gotta give a darn tootin 'boy like me a sure as hell chance to make ya feel inferior.

I think you know it was below par :wink:
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:02 am
attofishpi wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:51 am

I think you know it was below par :wink:
I don't think as in believe, since I know it was spot on.

Insisting religion is the causation of gang rape is akin to stating yellow people are gang rapers.....o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O!!!!

..in other words ridiculous.

Question:- Do you think groups of people that don't believe there is a God gang rape?
vegetariantaxidermy

sigh... The clue is in the word 'gang'. Any GANG where the culture is one of misogyny and/or an attitude that women are INFERIOR to men then you are going to have things like GANG rapes. Gangs everywhere tend to be deeply misogynistic and 'macho'. And when your RELIGION is telling you that women are INFERIOR then it's hardly surprising that GANG RAPES will be something that is likely to occur often--especially when there is little or no penalty for it.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:34 am sigh... The clue is in the word 'gang'. Any GANG where the culture is one of misogyny and/or an attitude that women are INFERIOR to men then you are going to have things like GANG rapes. Gangs everywhere tend to be deeply misogynistic and 'macho'. And when your RELIGION is telling you that women are INFERIOR then it's hardly surprising that GANG RAPES will be something that is likely to occur often--especially when there is little or no penalty for it.
Pfff. I am not familiar with the doctrines of 'Vedic Hindu' religion so where in that doctrine does it state women are inferior and in what ways that inferiority manifests, certainly to the point that it is ok to rape women?
vegetariantaxidermy

attofishpi wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:38 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:34 am sigh... The clue is in the word 'gang'. Any GANG where the culture is one of misogyny and/or an attitude that women are INFERIOR to men then you are going to have things like GANG rapes. Gangs everywhere tend to be deeply misogynistic and 'macho'. And when your RELIGION is telling you that women are INFERIOR then it's hardly surprising that GANG RAPES will be something that is likely to occur often--especially when there is little or no penalty for it.
Pfff. I am not familiar with the doctrines of 'Vedic Hindu' religion so where in that doctrine does it state women are inferior and in what ways that inferiority manifests, certainly to the point that it is ok to rape women?
It's not really something I can be bothered studying. If you think there is no such thing as cultures where females are considered inferior to males then bully for you. Actually, pretty much EVERY religion is like that. Fuck religion. They all stink.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:47 am
It's not really something I can be bothered studying. If you think there is no such thing as cultures where females are considered inferior to males then bully for you. Actually, pretty much EVERY religion is like that. Fuck religion. They all stink.
I was raised through a catholic school system. My best friends in primary school were mostly girls, and they got quite a larf kicking me in the nuts, they were awesome..got in many punch ups because I respected them. I never heard of any superiority to men over women...(some) atheists TALK SHIT. :twisted: ..as in U write now.
vegetariantaxidermy

attofishpi wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:54 am

I was raised through a catholic school system. My best friends in primary school were mostly girls, and they got quite a larf kicking me in the nuts, they were awesome..got in many punch ups because I respected them. I never heard of any superiority to men over women...atheists TALK SHIT. :twisted:
My roots are Irish catholic and as far as I know they were mostly atheists. :lol:
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:58 am

I was raised through a catholic school system. My best friends in primary school were mostly girls, and they got quite a larf kicking me in the nuts, they were awesome..got in many punch ups because I respected them. I never heard of any superiority to men over women...atheists TALK SHIT. :twisted:
My roots are Irish catholic and as far as I know they were mostly atheists. :lol:
Well then, make yer fuckin mind up - was Christ some sort of misogynist?
vegetariantaxidermy

attofishpi wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:00 am

I thought you were talking about actual people, not characters in a storybook.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:26 am
attofishpi wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:00 am

I thought you were talking about actual people, not characters in a storybook.
I thought you had some insight into misogyny within an actual religion instead of preconceived notions. :mrgreen:
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

attofishpi wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:51 am Well, in the case of rape I guess it is. Iwannaplato is bang on.
I am not saying that religion doesn't cause problems, including all sorts of violence. I think it can and often has been a factor in this.
My points about the OP are 1) it has an implicit argument and it is not a good one, given that two examples are given, and then you need to demonstrate that people don't find other excuses for their violence when they are not religious - the larger and some of the smaller communist nations presenting examples that at least need to be dealt with. 2) He is putting discussions of Eastern religion and idealism outside the realms of philosophical discussion. Much of what would be considered the central texts and philosophers of the West and the East are being put outside of philosohpy. Not argued that they are incorrect, but considered non-philosophical.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:08 am
RCSaunders wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:20 am The historic religions of India have produced a wonderful culture:

Bengal Horror: 14-Year-Old Dies After Alleged Gangrape at Birthday Party, ‘Forcibly Cremated’; Son of TMC Leader Held

Bengal monitor lizard allegedly gang-raped in Maharashtra forest

There must be a shortage of Hindu temple prostitutes.

These horrors are called, "Eastern philosophy."
As expected your competency for rational and critical thinking is eroding very badly with the so obvious hasty generalization fallacy above.

You are simply too dumb in this case to conflate two critical factors,
  • 1. The knowledge pool of a specific philosophy, its original locations, philosophers, etc. All these variables come in degrees.

2. The people associated with the above variables, which of all kinds and degrees.
Both points above are subject to the normal distribution of extremes at both ends and the majority in the middle.
It is very ignorant for one to use any of the extreme to represent the whole population considered.

In all of "Eastern Philosophy" in general there is no permission that enable their followers to do any of the above, i.e. gang-raping young girls or monitor lizards.
Bur raping youg girls, "serially," is not only permitted but widely practiced.
Devadasi literally means God’s (Dev) female servant (Dasi), where according to the ancient Indian practice, young pre-pubertal girls are ‘married off’, ‘given away’ in matrimony to God or Local religious deity of the temple. These girls are not allowed to marry, as they were supposedly married to the temple. She ‘serves’ the priests and inmates of the temple, and the Zamindars (local land lords) and other men of money and power, in the town and village. The ‘service’ (read sexual satisfaction) given to these men is considered akin to service of God. The Devadasi is dedicated to the service of the temple Deity for life and there is no escape for her. If she wants to escape, the society will not accept her.
I suspect any society that regards much of its population untouchable would have difficulty distinguishing between a Dalit and a lizard. They're all reincarnated from each other anyway.

Bah!