You are the Unknown Known

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

DPMartin

Re: You are the Unknown Known

Post by DPMartin »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:48 am
DPMartin wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:54 pm
you have to be there to be born into the world and you have to be there to leave the world, what you posted here is nothing but BS
What you are posting here are known concepts...appearances within the dream of artificial separation.. conceptual knowledge can only point to the illusory nature of it's reality....illusory doesn't mean existence is not, it is, but is unknowable except what is projected as concept in this imagined conception.

In reality, there is no conceptual ( I ) who lives or dies. In the same context a cat does not know it is a cat.

The ( I ) that is conceptually known, knows nothing because concepts are artificial projections, aka images of the imageless.
to know is to experience, you may have been informed of a fact but until you experience it then you know it.

take the Christian born again experience for example, you've been informed of salvation in Christ Jesus but you don't know until you've been "born again" (baptized in the Holy Spirit) experience the Presence of God.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

DPMartin wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:16 pm
to know is to experience, you may have been informed of a fact but until you experience it then you know it.

take the Christian born again experience for example, you've been informed of salvation in Christ Jesus but you don't know until you've been "born again" (baptized in the Holy Spirit) experience the Presence of God.
Knowledge is a known conceptual story known only by Consciousness the only knowing there is. Words are made of the Consciousness that hears them, and words are an auditory illusion of sound and light.

Every moment of life is spontaneous and makes us appear as a thinker, gathering knowledge. But the immediate instantaneous moment of life here now doesn't know anything and yet makes us believe we know in the human mind. Knowledgeable man is not the thinker, speaker or the doer, otherwise he would be able to control the process and flow of thinking and speaking and doing which would likely alter, or even damn up the natural and spontaneous flow that is life. Life is always this timeless immediate flow in the timeless 'now' and nameless 'here'.

Man has NEVER known in the moment 'here and now' any time and never will.
So, what does man know?
Present day man knows only his memory, which has mysteriously evolved as the past, present and the future.

Man does not make the IMMEDIATE moment he lives in. And cannot premeditate the aliveness whatever action, speech or thought that happens within a moment with certainty, but does know the aliveness only after it happens and never before.

DPMartin

Post by DPMartin »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:46 am
DPMartin wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:16 pm

Knowledge is a known conceptual story known only by Consciousness the only knowing there is. Words are made of the Consciousness that hears them, and words are an auditory illusion of sound and light.

Every moment of life is spontaneous and makes us appear as a thinker, gathering knowledge. But the immediate instantaneous moment of life here now doesn't know anything and yet makes us believe we know in the human mind. Knowledgeable man is not the thinker, speaker or the doer, otherwise he would be able to control the process and flow of thinking and speaking and doing which would likely alter, or even damn up the natural and spontaneous flow that is life. Life is always this timeless immediate flow in the timeless 'now' and nameless 'here'.

Man has NEVER known in the moment 'here and now' any time and never will.
So, what does man know?
Present day man knows only his memory, which has mysteriously evolved as the past, present and the future.

Man does not make the IMMEDIATE moment he lives in. And cannot premeditate the aliveness whatever action, speech or thought that happens within a moment with certainty, but does know the aliveness only after it happens and never before.

you full of it you know that?

to be informed (stories, video, instruction and such) to skydive isn't knowing skydiving, but the ones who know skydiving, are the ones who experience skydiving. and they could tell you about it all day long but you will still not know it until you experience it.
Walker

Post by Walker »

RCSaunders wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:30 pm If I understand you, Walker, I think you are making a similar point to Sculptor's.
Similar, yes, although with greater insight and detail than Sculptor. :wink:
Sanders wrote: which is that belief only implies what one, for whatever reason, thinks is true or is probably true, but without certainty, and therefore should not be called knowledge.
So, if I agree with the first part, you're statement requires me to agree with the second part, which is your understanding. I don't particular care for that.
Is that right?
I think my words and not yours explain my thoughts much better. Do you have any comments about what I wrote?
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Walker wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:40 am
RCSaunders wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:30 pm If I understand you, Walker, I think you are making a similar point to Sculptor's.
Similar, yes, although with greater insight and detail than Sculptor. :wink:
Sanders wrote: which is that belief only implies what one, for whatever reason, thinks is true or is probably true, but without certainty, and therefore should not be called knowledge.
So, if I agree with the first part, you're statement requires me to agree with the second part, which is your understanding. I don't particular care for that.
Is that right?
I think my words and not yours explain my thoughts much better. Do you have any comments about what I wrote?
Well, no, but only because I apparently don't understand what you said. I went back to check you post, and frankly I have no idea what the last part of it is supposed to mean. You can just put it down to my inability, not a criticism of what you said.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

DPMartin wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:16 pm
you full of it you know that?
Yes, I am full of it, because IT is the same IT that is in IT'S raining..so yeah, impossible not to be IT and know that impossiblity. :D
DPMartin wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:16 pmto be informed (stories, video, instruction and such) to skydive isn't knowing skydiving, but the ones who know skydiving, are the ones who experience skydiving. and they could tell you about it all day long but you will still not know it until you experience it.
Information informs, yes that's correct, that's IT's job. Experience is known in the exact same intantaneous moment of experiencing...yes, that's IT's job aswell.

However, the ONE or otherwise known as the IT...to whom knowing and experience is known... cannot be seen and known as an object named DPMartin or Dontaskme...without the object splitting into two things, the knower, and the 'named thing' known ...fortunately, reality doesn't work like that, reality is totally and absolutely seamlessly whole in every moment of life in constant flux one without a second.

:D
Walker

Post by Walker »

RCSaunders wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:12 am Well, no, but only because I apparently don't understand what you said. I went back to check you post, and frankly I have no idea what the last part of it is supposed to mean. You can just put it down to my inability, not a criticism of what you said.
Well, when you have a clue, you can present it for discussion.