Teacher Murdered after Student DREAMS She Committed Blasphemy

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Veritas Aequitas

Teacher Murdered after Student DREAMS She Committed Blasphemy

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

After a student in Pakistan DREAMED that a teacher named Safoora Bibi committed blasphemy against Muhammad and the Quran, two students and another teacher attacked and killed Ms. Bibi.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJupD14fwwA
My point is how could so many are so apologetic for that religion.
Scott Mayers

Re: Teacher Murdered after Student DREAMS She Committed Blasphemy

Post by Scott Mayers »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:11 am
After a student in Pakistan DREAMED that a teacher named Safoora Bibi committed blasphemy against Muhammad and the Quran, two students and another teacher attacked and killed Ms. Bibi.
I normally interpret, "apologetics", as "the practice of arguing in some intended logical way why one's religious view is valid (and 'sound', where assumptions are assumed certified for all to presumably know)". So, in this context, I'm confused or unaware of any apologetics for these particular Muslims, let alone anything Islamic. I AM aware of apologetics by Christians though.

I see that this site IS at least related to some Christian apologist claiming to have been atheist beforehand. This is their opening statement in "About" for their channel:
Acts 17 Apologetics is a Christian YouTube channel founded by Dr. David Wood (a former atheist) and Dr. Nabeel Qureshi (a former Muslim). Nabeel went on to join Ravi Zacharias International Ministries and to write the bestsellers “Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus” and “No God but One.” Then he went on to be with the Lord."

I underlined the last sentence given it implies the Muslim involved may have either become Christian or they are uniquely defending ANY 'God' to apologize for a liberalized intepretation of religion in general. Of course the last sentence can mean that he is dead now too(?)

Post by Age »

Because of the Truths WITHIN 'it'.
DPMartin

Post by DPMartin »

the students were nut jobs, looking for an excuse to kill. the religion is their best defense within their culture. its a stupid as "the devil made me do it"
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Age wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:21 am
Now I've got to ask: what "truths" do you see within THAT particular religion, that you personally want to preserve?
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

I gotta tell ya some of the cleanest... and I mean at obsessive levels... people I ever met were the Muslims in prison. Seemed like every time I turned around these guys were either prayin or washing their hands and feet or folding their brand new fresh white linens. To get brand new fresh white linens, you had'ta have some kind of clout on the camp or else you'd never get the guys in the laundry room to set em aside (for you) when they first came in. Only the Muslims and the gang members got brand new fresh white linens because they had guys in the laundry room working for em. Same with the clothes. If you were a regular inmate, you got whatever was handed to you when you went to the window... and your chances of getting brand new stuff are low because remember, new stuff is set aside for the Muslims and the gang members.

So you'll be wearing old faded t-shirts and pants that were made in 95. Your socks will be grey-white and your coat will be like a aged tan instead of the brown it's supposed to be. Faded af.

But these guys got new pants so fresh off the line that they still got the original creases. Pants so crisp they like paper.

Wait a minute why am I even talking about this. What the fuck does this have to do wi.... oh yeah the Muslim religion. That's what this was about. What are the redeeming features of Islam that we might want to keep (about it).

Here's my theory of Islamic cleanliness then. Under and in the conditions created by the environment they were in, they developed that habit of washing often... then that practice is slowly incorporated into the religion and the habit is embued with religious significance. Not vice-versa.

It's now the deification of man instead of just washing your damn feet nigga.

The nature of anthropomorphic reasoning when conceiving of 'god' necessarily involves making man semi-divine, from the argument; an intelligence (man) was created, therefore the creator would have to be intelligent. That being the case, every dimension of our intellectual and emotional being is projected onto the 'god' we feel, incidentally, has a special relationship with the intelligent animal, man. And we say that 'god' knows and understands everything about us because 'he' is intelligent. This is a kind of pseudo-anthropocentric consequence of the evolution of advanced intelligence tho. The thinking animal man can't understand this 'god' as an indifferent, impersonal and uninvolved source of creation or whatever. It would be too incidental that an intelligent animal was created that could be envious or gracious or cowardly or prideful... and this creator knew and understood none of this.

Our options:

Intelligent man is indeed a special creation of an interested 'god'.

There is no 'god', and evolution has produced and refined a thinking animal capable of a wonderful anthropocentric fallacy in reasoning. It just happened that blind, causal forces eventually produced a thinking animal who's logic led it to believe that if there was a 'god', it would have to be like a super-person. Like on some Stan Lee shit.

Naturally we end up calling the 'god' 'father' because we deify the biological parent. Just like the muslims deified washing hands and feet. Same stuff. Some attribute about human being and/or practice is given metaphysical and religious significance.

Post by Age »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:15 pm

Now I've got to ask: what "truths" do you see within THAT particular religion, that you personally want to preserve?
WHY did 'you' write, "that you personally want to preserve?"

'Truths' do NOT 'need' NOR 'rely' on PERSONAL 'wants'.

'Truths' are just 'things' that can NOT be REFUTED, by 'you', human beings. So, NO matter what 'you' PERSONALLY 'want', this is NOT going to either PRESERVE nor DESTROY 'Truths'.

Now, if you would like to ask YOUR CLARIFYING QUESTION from a Truly OPEN perspective and NOT from some PRECONCEIVED IDEA, then I will be MORE THAN WILLING to PROVIDE the ANSWER, and CLARIFICATION.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Age wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:30 pm

Feel free to remove it, if it offends you. Then answer the question.
Veritas Aequitas

Scott Mayers wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:28 am
I normally interpret, "apologetics", as "the practice of arguing in some intended logical way why one's religious view is valid (and 'sound', where assumptions are assumed certified for all to presumably know)". So, in this context, I'm confused or unaware of any apologetics for these particular Muslims, let alone anything Islamic. I AM aware of apologetics by Christians though.

I see that this site IS at least related to some Christian apologist claiming to have been atheist beforehand. This is their opening statement in "About" for their channel:
Acts 17 Apologetics is a Christian YouTube channel founded by Dr. David Wood (a former atheist) and Dr. Nabeel Qureshi (a former Muslim). Nabeel went on to join Ravi Zacharias International Ministries and to write the bestsellers “Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus” and “No God but One.” Then he went on to be with the Lord."
I underlined the last sentence given it implies the Muslim involved may have either become Christian or they are uniquely defending ANY 'God' to apologize for a liberalized intepretation of religion in general. Of course the last sentence can mean that he is dead now too(?)
Yes, he passed away.

Maybe the term 'apologetic' is too technical in this case.

However many posters here do argue strongly in their belief they are giving very rational and strong arguments to justify why the religion is a religion of peace and it is only a minority of believers who are extremists.
There are also many who insist the religion is peaceful based on merely their personally judgments and feelings without researching into the doctrine of that religion.

Personally I have spent >3 years researching into that religion on a full time basis and my conclusion is that the religion itself is inherently evil.
Believers as with other religions fall within the principles of the Normal Distribution, some will be very good, majority average and a % very evil prone.

Note if 20% of believers are evil prone, that would be 300 millions of them.
If 1% [as generally accepted] are psychopaths, then there are 15 million of them.

As such the inherently evilness within that religion will driven the evil prone to be duty bound to commit evil acts upon non-believers.
This is what happen with the OP above.
Veritas Aequitas

DPMartin wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:02 pm
the students were nut jobs, looking for an excuse to kill. the religion is their best defense within their culture. its a stupid as "the devil made me do it"
It is possible there could be other reasons and they are investigating on it.

It seem you have not researched and understood the essence of the religion.

Note my point above that the religion itself is inherently evil based on evidence, i.e. from the holy text itself.

Based on existing evidence how believers are so impulsive and driven to kill even upon drawing of cartoons, it is very possible they [those in the OP] were driven as duty bound to kill based on the dream.
Veritas Aequitas

promethean75 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:09 pm I gotta tell ya some of the cleanest... and I mean at obsessive levels... people I ever met were the Muslims in prison. Seemed like every time I turned around these guys were either prayin or washing their hands and feet or folding their brand new fresh white linens. To get brand new fresh white linens, you had'ta have some kind of clout on the camp or else you'd never get the guys in the laundry room to set em aside (for you) when they first came in. Only the Muslims and the gang members got brand new fresh white linens because they had guys in the laundry room working for em. Same with the clothes. If you were a regular inmate, you got whatever was handed to you when you went to the window... and your chances of getting brand new stuff are low because remember, new stuff is set aside for the Muslims and the gang members.

So you'll be wearing old faded t-shirts and pants that were made in 95. Your socks will be grey-white and your coat will be like a aged tan instead of the brown it's supposed to be. Faded af.

But these guys got new pants so fresh off the line that they still got the original creases. Pants so crisp they like paper.

Wait a minute why am I even talking about this. What the fuck does this have to do wi.... oh yeah the Muslim religion. That's what this was about. What are the redeeming features of Islam that we might want to keep (about it).

Here's my theory of Islamic cleanliness then. Under and in the conditions created by the environment they were in, they developed that habit of washing often... then that practice is slowly incorporated into the religion and the habit is embued with religious significance. Not vice-versa.

It's now the deification of man instead of just washing your damn feet nigga.

The nature of anthropomorphic reasoning when conceiving of 'god' necessarily involves making man semi-divine, from the argument; an intelligence (man) was created, therefore the creator would have to be intelligent. That being the case, every dimension of our intellectual and emotional being is projected onto the 'god' we feel, incidentally, has a special relationship with the intelligent animal, man. And we say that 'god' knows and understands everything about us because 'he' is intelligent. This is a kind of pseudo-anthropocentric consequence of the evolution of advanced intelligence tho. The thinking animal man can't understand this 'god' as an indifferent, impersonal and uninvolved source of creation or whatever. It would be too incidental that an intelligent animal was created that could be envious or gracious or cowardly or prideful... and this creator knew and understood none of this.

Our options:

Intelligent man is indeed a special creation of an interested 'god'.

There is no 'god', and evolution has produced and refined a thinking animal capable of a wonderful anthropocentric fallacy in reasoning. It just happened that blind, causal forces eventually produced a thinking animal who's logic led it to believe that if there was a 'god', it would have to be like a super-person. Like on some Stan Lee shit.

Naturally we end up calling the 'god' 'father' because we deify the biological parent. Just like the muslims deified washing hands and feet. Same stuff. Some attribute about human being and/or practice is given metaphysical and religious significance.
Good observations but you have not investigated in depth on the 'WHY'.
Their very intense obsession to comply is commanded by their God & religion and non-compliance meant [in accordance to their God words and threat] 'will be burnt in the most terrible in hell fire].

The threat of death and be burnt in an eternal hellfire is one of the strongest human motive force that drive humans to do the worst evil to avoid it.

This meant if the holy texts commanded believers to kill non-believers upon the slightest threat [note even drawings of cartoons or saying anything negative of their prophet], then they are duty bound to kill non-believers else they will end up in hellfire if they do not comply.

As I mentioned even if 1% of believers are psychopathic there is a pool of 15 millions :shock: :shock: of them around the world in readiness to kill non-believers upon the slightest threat as sanction by their holy texts.
I believe 20% of believers i.e. 300 million are evil prone of different degrees, that is why there is so much violence from the believers of that religion.

As Steven Weinberg stated,
  • With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
The truth is there is only ONE main religion at present that is inherently evil that prompt and trigger evil and even good [goody-two-shoes] to be terrible violent.

OTOH, Christianity is the most optimal good-religion at present with its inherently overriding pacifist maxim, i.e. "love all, even enemies". It is just that not all Christians [being human naturally] can comply fully with this command.

Post by Age »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:47 am
Age wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:30 pm
Feel free to remove it, if it offends you.
It does NOT offend me AT ALL.

It, however, just SHOWS and REVEALS your PREJUDICES and/or PRECONCEPTIONS.
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:47 am Then answer the question.
Feel free to remove it, AND THEN I WILL answer your question here.

However, feel free to keep it also, and you CAN KEEP your Wrong ASSUMPTIONS and PRECONCEIVED IDEAS as well.

Post by Age »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:34 am
Scott Mayers wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:28 am

Yes, he passed away.

Maybe the term 'apologetic' is too technical in this case.

However many posters here do argue strongly in their belief they are giving very rational and strong arguments to justify why the religion is a religion of peace and it is only a minority of believers who are extremists.
There are also many who insist the religion is peaceful based on merely their personally judgments and feelings without researching into the doctrine of that religion.
'That' religion's intent WAS based upon 'Peace'. The word 'islam' even means and/or refers to 'peace'. BUT, your OWN personal judgments will NOT even ALLOW 'you' to CONSIDER and SEE this Fact "veritas aequitas".

As can be CLEARLY SEEN and PROVED True, 'you', adult human beings, TWIST and DISTORT 'words' and 'their meanings' AROUND to suit your OWN preconception and prejudices.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:34 am Personally I have spent >3 years researching into that religion on a full time basis and my conclusion is that the religion itself is inherently evil.
'you', "veritas aequitas", are MORE 'evil' than ANY religion.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:34 am Believers as with other religions fall within the principles of the Normal Distribution, some will be very good, majority average and a % very evil prone.

Note if 20% of believers are evil prone, that would be 300 millions of them.
If 1% [as generally accepted] are psychopaths, then there are 15 million of them.
AND, your OWN MADE-UP figures and percentages, literally, SAY and MEAN absolutely NOTHING AT ALL.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:34 am As such the inherently evilness within that religion will driven the evil prone to be duty bound to commit evil acts upon non-believers.
'you' STILL have absolutely NO CLUE as to what the word 'non-believers' ACTUALLY MEANS and REFERS TO, EXACTLY.

As can be CLEARLY SEEN and PROVED True here ONCE AGAIN.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:34 am This is what happen with the OP above.
Is it REALLY?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Age wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:30 pm Feel free to remove it, AND THEN I WILL answer your question here.

And earlier, Age wrote:
"...what "truths" do you see within THAT particular religion..."
DPMartin

Post by DPMartin »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:43 am
DPMartin wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:02 pm

It is possible there could be other reasons and they are investigating on it.

It seem you have not researched and understood the essence of the religion.

Note my point above that the religion itself is inherently evil based on evidence, i.e. from the holy text itself.

Based on existing evidence how believers are so impulsive and driven to kill even upon drawing of cartoons, it is very possible they [those in the OP] were driven as duty bound to kill based on the dream.
no, you might understand

what your culture categories as "religion" is in Muslim eyes the way of life and to live that actually is agreed upon within the culture and nations that are rule by the same, "Islam". same with Israel in the none Israelite eye its a religion but in its day, the Tora is the law of the land that the nation Israel lived by and agreed to.

now saying, I had a dream that my god told me to kill you because in my dream you did something to offend, is a lie and fabrication no matter what religion or culture one goes by.

in the case of drawings (in Texas it was, I presume) they had no right because they were not within their own culture and or country where they would agree to enforce such things because it would be the law of the land.

but as far as Islam being evil; yea, I agree seeing it claims the same God of Abraham, which is a lie. Muhammad the prophet of Islam instructed Muslims to hate Jews, and that is completely contrary to the God of Israel's will. Muhammad found his god in the building in mecca that in his day was a temple for many idols. not the place where one would find the God of Abraham.