Do you believe in miracles?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: Do you believe in miracles?

Post by Age »

RCSaunders wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:53 pm
Belinda wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:56 pm Yes, I really do believe the basic belief in God is cosmic orderliness.
Yes, I really do believe the basic belief in God is cosmic orderliness (sic) comic nonsense.
There, fixed for you!
And here is a GREAT EXAMPLE of how DISBELIEF corrupts and distorts just as SIMPLY, just as EASILY, and just as QUICKLY as BELIEF, itself, does.

Post by Age »

Sculptor wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:33 pm According to Hume, a violation of natural law. ... , the evidence in favor of a miracle, even when that is provided by the strongest possible testimony, will always be outweighed by the evidence for the law of nature which is supposed to have been violated.
What can be SEEN here is ANOTHER EXAMPLE of how BELIEF can and will outweigh what is ACTUALLY True, Right, AND Correct.

This one's BELIEF here will NOT even allow to just SEE what thee ACTUAL Truth of 'things' is here.
Sculptor wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:33 pm "I pronounce my decision, and always reject the greater miracle.
ONCE AGAIN, here is MORE PROOF for what I have been continually saying and CLAIMING, which is; BELIEFS will STOP and PREVENT one from SEEING what thee ACTUAL Truth of 'things' IS EXACTLY.

If one will NEVER even just LOOK AT what is called a 'miracle' and just ALWAYS REJECT what is just called 'miracle', then this is OBVIOUS PROOF that their OWN made up BELIEF of 'things' will NEVER allow them to SEE and FIND what thee ACTUAL Truth of 'things' IS.

The very reason WHY 'you', adult human beings, even after millennia STILL, in the days when this was being written, could NOT FIND and SEE what thee ACTUAL Truth of God IS EXACTLY is because of your BELIEF or DISBELIEF in God, and/or because of your OWN MISINTERPRETATION of what words are referring to EXACTLY.
Sculptor wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:33 pm If the falsehood of his testimony would be more miraculous, than the event which he relates; then, and not till then, can he pretend to command my belief or opinion." Hume Inquiry X,1

In other words it would take a miracle for Hume to believe one.
But what is a so-called 'miracle' to one, could just be VERY EASILY and VERY SIMPLY EXPLAINED by "another" one.

So, until ANY so-called 'miracle' is EXPRESSED CLEARLY, then just talking about 'miracles' lays ALL within IMAGINATION, itself.

Post by Age »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:22 pm yep
What is in relation to, EXACTLY?
henry quirk wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:22 pm what's more miraculous than self-directin' bags of dirty water arguin' with each, across great distances, about the nature of Reality?
That 'you', human beings, after millennia are STILL 'arguing' over what is, ESSENTIALLY, absolutely SO EASY and SIMPLE to work out, understand, and KNOW, IRREFUTABLY.
henry quirk wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:22 pm the universe, best we can tell, is mostly empty...the tiny bit of material there is in that mostly empty space is mostly hydrogen...the tinier bit that isn't hydrogen is more complex...an even tinier bit of that complex material is animate...tiniest of all is the bit that's complex, animate, and aware of itself
LOL How EXACTLY can what is REALLY a very SIMPLE, and NOT 'complex' AT ALL, 'being' be so-called 'aware' of itself, when 'you', human beings, can NOT even answer the question, 'Who am 'I'?' properly AND correctly?
henry quirk wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:22 pm if that ain't miraculous then I don't know what is
But within an infinite framework and with an eternal time frame could it be that absolutely ANY thing is possible?

If so, then matter just evolving, and forming the shape of a human body, with the capability of being able to learn, understand, and reason absolutely any thing is not really that much of a miracle at all. After all this has ALREADY happened.

And, when 'you', human beings, learn and understand who and what the 'I' IS, EXACTLY, then SEEING HOW and WHY 'I' am what 'I' am, and HOW and WHY 'I' am creating EVERY thing, including 'you', human beings, then what also becomes VERY CLEAR is that there is NO 'real' 'miracle' at all here.

HOW, and WHY, 'I' am creating ALL-OF-THIS becomes CRYSTAL CLEAR, which removes ANY and ALL perception of 'miracle'.

But, what 'you', human beings, SEE, in the days when this was written, was absolutely NOTHING compared to what was coming, which would be perceived as a REAL 'miracle', to 'you'.

Post by Age »

promethean75 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:19 am Hey Age...

nocapss.jpg
Here is ANOTHER PRIME EXAMPLE of one making ASSUMPTIONS BEFORE they gain CLARIFICATION. And, because their ASSUMPTIONS are completely AND utterly Wrong, they have been LED completely ASTRAY.

Hey "promethean75"

NO ASSUMING.

That way you will NOT be as Wrong as OFTEN as you ARE.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Sculptor wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:33 pm According to Hume, a violation of natural law. ... , the evidence in favor of a miracle, even when that is provided by the strongest possible testimony, will always be outweighed by the evidence for the law of nature which is supposed to have been violated.

"I pronounce my decision, and always reject the greater miracle. If the falsehood of his testimony would be more miraculous, than the event which he relates; then, and not till then, can he pretend to command my belief or opinion." Hume Inquiry X,1

I don't consider what I know to exist - that there is an intelligence that makes what we perceive as reality - to be "supernatural" - in other words, there must be a valid reasonable explanation by the sciences (eventually) for IT. Ergo - I don't believe in 'miracles'

..as per above, had Hume watched a TV and at his time, he may have considered it a miracle.

I asked Jori - the creator of this thread to define: Miracle.

To me, miracle interestingly sounds like Mirror_Coil --> coiling what we perceive.

What I have witnessed as empirical evidence of a 3rd party-intelligence behind the construct of reality - I must say - I would be failing to comprehend it in any rational manner, had I had such experiences 3-400 years ago.

Since I have witnessed countless examples of what would typically be defined as "miracle" and it appears that definition requires defacing the 'natural laws' of at least physics, then I shall proceed..

The last "miracle" by firm of the qualia of sound and vision. Was within the week that the 3rd part intelligence that is behind the construct of reality (God\'God') was intent upon forcing me out of office work - to do art.
I was working in the city for a Jap IT company - NEC - 2017 - what they were and are up to for the Oz Govnt (facial recognition) is contrary to me and my cyberpunk tendencies. Nevertheless..
At 0630 in the midst of winter I was waiting for a bus. I saw a truck coming down the hill to where my bus-stop was - and there was a huge puddle in front of where I stood. I thought, that truck is going to drown me! - it had two lanes but was on the outer lane, where I stood. As the truck got nearer the driver moved to the right - to avoid the massive puddle. I put a thumbs up in case he viewed his read vision mirror.
Immediately after, I saw another truck barrowing down the hill in the same lane, I thought - unlikely this guy is going to move over and avoid the puddle, so I turned my back (wearing waterproofs from the legs up) ...it didn't happed, I turned my back with -wtf- in my head - the truck had disappeared.

SO.

Brains in a vat?
Divine reality?
I'm not so sure...Christ at least at the upper stage of reality - the Divine - is worth.Y ..of consideration.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Age wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:47 am
What can be SEEN here is ANOTHER EXAMPLE of how BELIEF can and will outweigh what is ACTUALLY True, Right, AND Correct.

This one's BELIEF here will NOT even allow to just SEE what thee ACTUAL Truth of 'things' is here.
Sculptor wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:33 pm "I pronounce my decision, and always reject the greater miracle.
ONCE AGAIN, here is MORE PROOF for what I have been continually saying and CLAIMING, which is; BELIEFS will STOP and PREVENT one from SEEING what thee ACTUAL Truth of 'things' IS EXACTLY.

If one will NEVER even just LOOK AT what is called a 'miracle' and just ALWAYS REJECT what is just called 'miracle', then this is OBVIOUS PROOF that their OWN made up BELIEF of 'things' will NEVER allow them to SEE and FIND what thee ACTUAL Truth of 'things' IS.

The very reason WHY 'you', adult human beings, even after millennia STILL, in the days when this was being written, could NOT FIND and SEE what thee ACTUAL Truth of God IS EXACTLY is because of your BELIEF or DISBELIEF in God, and/or because of your OWN MISINTERPRETATION of what words are referring to EXACTLY.
Sculptor wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:33 pm If the falsehood of his testimony would be more miraculous, than the event which he relates; then, and not till then, can he pretend to command my belief or opinion." Hume Inquiry X,1

But what is a so-called 'miracle' to one, could just be VERY EASILY and VERY SIMPLY EXPLAINED by "another" one.

So, until ANY so-called 'miracle' is EXPRESSED CLEARLY, then just talking about 'miracles' lays ALL within IMAGINATION, itself.
Yet another hysterical unreadbale post.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

attofishpi wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:13 am

"I pronounce my decision, and always reject the greater miracle. If the falsehood of his testimony would be more miraculous, than the event which he relates; then, and not till then, can he pretend to command my belief or opinion." Hume Inquiry X,1

I don't consider what I know to exist - that there is an intelligence that makes what we perceive as reality - to be "supernatural" -
Nah

Post by Age »

I don't consider what I know to exist - that there is an intelligence that makes what we perceive as reality - to be "supernatural" - in other words, there must be a valid reasonable explanation by the sciences (eventually) for IT. Ergo - I don't believe in 'miracles'
The 'valid reasonable explanation', 'by the sciences', for what you call 'IT' has ALREADY been EXPRESSED and SHOWN.
attofishpi wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:13 am ..as per above, had Hume watched a TV and at his time, he may have considered it a miracle.
EXACTLY. And, until ANY one provides AN 'example' of a so-called 'miracle', then, and ONLY THEN, we have some 'thing' to LOOK AT and DISCUSS, in relation to this topic discussion.
attofishpi wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:13 am I asked Jori - the creator of this thread to define: Miracle.
And, DEFINING the words used in discussions is Truly HELPFUL in FINDING what thee ACTUAL and IRREFUTABLE Truth IS, EXACTLY.

To me, miracle interestingly sounds like Mirror_Coil --> coiling what we perceive.[/quote]

'miracle' can also be a combination of 'mira', meaning peace, and 'acle' sounding like 'oracle', meaning medium through which advice or prophecy is sought or found. Which could just mean; precognition of A Truly peaceful world, for Everyone, through some mediums seen as or known as 'miracles'.

But, then again, just about ANY 'thing' can be SEEN or HEARD through just about ALL 'things'.
attofishpi wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:13 am What I have witnessed as empirical evidence of a 3rd party-intelligence behind the construct of reality - I must say - I would be failing to comprehend it in any rational manner, had I had such experiences 3-400 years ago.
Are you able to comprehend 'it', in a rational manner, now?

If yes, then will you explain 'it' to us here now?

If no, then why not?
attofishpi wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:13 am Since I have witnessed countless examples of what would typically be defined as "miracle" and it appears that definition requires defacing the 'natural laws' of at least physics, then I shall proceed..

The last "miracle" by firm of the qualia of sound and vision. Was within the week that the 3rd part intelligence that is behind the construct of reality (God\'God') was intent upon forcing me out of office work - to do art.
I was working in the city for a Jap IT company - NEC - 2017 - what they were and are up to for the Oz Govnt (facial recognition) is contrary to me and my cyberpunk tendencies. Nevertheless..
At 0630 in the midst of winter I was waiting for a bus. I saw a truck coming down the hill to where my bus-stop was - and there was a huge puddle in front of where I stood. I thought, that truck is going to drown me! - it had two lanes but was on the outer lane, where I stood. As the truck got nearer the driver moved to the right - to avoid the massive puddle. I put a thumbs up in case he viewed his read vision mirror.
Immediately after, I saw another truck barrowing down the hill in the same lane, I thought - unlikely this guy is going to move over and avoid the puddle, so I turned my back (wearing waterproofs from the legs up) ...it didn't happed, I turned my back with -wtf- in my head - the truck had disappeared.

SO.

Brains in a vat?
Divine reality?
I'm not so sure...Christ at least at the upper stage of reality - the Divine - is worth.Y ..of consideration.
So, what, exactly, was the ACTUAL purpose of a "disappearing truck", for you?

To you, could that "disappearing" (to you) "truck" be explained in a valid reasonable way, by the sciences, (eventually)?

Or, will that event ALWAYS remain 'explainable', to you?

Post by Age »

Sculptor wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:31 pm

WHY does that post of mine appear 'hysterical' to you? And,

WHY was that post of mine 'unreadable' to you?

For your information there is absolutely NOTHING 'hysterical' in that post, and, ALL of that post is VERY 'readable'.

I CAN and WILL back up and support EVERY claim I have made, which is the EXACT OPPOSITE of what you are able to do. I will ALSO claim that what I claim is IRREFUTABLE. But this can and will only be PROVED True when ANY one of you gain enough COURAGE to CHALLENGE me on my claims.

Saying the words, "Yet another hysterical unreadable post", SHOWS and REVEALS just how WEAK and INCAPABLE some of 'you', posters, REALLY ARE.

Instead of just SHOWING how WEAK and INCAPABLE 'you' REALLY ARE how about TRYING TO CHALLENGE me, SOMETIME?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Age wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:05 am

For your information there is absolutely NOTHING 'hysterical' in that post, and, ALL of that post is VERY 'readable'.

I CAN and WILL back up and support EVERY claim I have made, which is the EXACT OPPOSITE of what you are able to do. I will ALSO claim that what I claim is IRREFUTABLE. But this can and will only be PROVED True when ANY one of you gain enough COURAGE to CHALLENGE me on my claims.

Saying the words, "Yet another hysterical unreadable post", SHOWS and REVEALS just how WEAK and INCAPABLE some of 'you', posters, REALLY ARE.

Instead of just SHOWING how WEAK and INCAPABLE 'you' REALLY ARE how about TRYING TO CHALLENGE me, SOMETIME?
I DONT know WHAT do YOU think????
I STEAD of BEING a COMPELTE DICKhead, why NOT TRY to write like NORMAN person??

Post by Age »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:35 am

But it is 'you', so-called, "normal person" who is LOST and CONFUSED. So, writing like 'you' do would only add MORE CONFUSION.

Also, your first sentence does NOT make sense. And, WHY the four question marks?

And, did you purposely write so many spelling mistakes?

If yes, then WHY?

By the way, if you can NOT refute NOR counter what I ACTUALLY say and mean, then so be it, but 'trying to' fault me for using capital letters does NOT show and reveal anything other than your INABILITY to find fault or flaw in what I ACTUALLY WRITE and MEAN.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Age wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:05 pm

But it is 'you', so-called, "normal person" who is LOST and CONFUSED. So, writing like 'you' do would only add MORE CONFUSION.

Also, your first sentence does NOT make sense. And, WHY the four question marks?

If yes, then WHY?

By the way, if you can NOT refute NOR counter what I ACTUALLY say and mean, then so be it, but 'trying to' fault me for using capital letters does NOT show and reveal anything other than your INABILITY to find fault or flaw in what I ACTUALLY WRITE and MEAN.
back on ignore for you

Post by Age »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:21 pm
Age wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:05 pm

If yes, then WHY?

back on ignore for you
GOOD.

And, here is FURTHER PROOF of just how completely and utterly INCAPABLE this one was to ACTUALLY back up and support its own claims as well as being TOTALLY INCAPABLE of countering or refuting what I have actually said, POINTED OUT and had SHOWN here.

Like the rest they RUN AWAY instead of just even 'trying to' STAND BEHIND their words and claims.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Age wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:55 am

The 'valid reasonable explanation', 'by the sciences', for what you call 'IT' has ALREADY been EXPRESSED and SHOWN.
attofishpi wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:13 am ..as per above, had Hume watched a TV and at his time, he may have considered it a miracle.
EXACTLY. And, until ANY one provides AN 'example' of a so-called 'miracle', then, and ONLY THEN, we have some 'thing' to LOOK AT and DISCUSS, in relation to this topic discussion.
attofishpi wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:13 am I asked Jori - the creator of this thread to define: Miracle.
And, DEFINING the words used in discussions is Truly HELPFUL in FINDING what thee ACTUAL and IRREFUTABLE Truth IS, EXACTLY.

To me, miracle interestingly sounds like Mirror_Coil --> coiling what we perceive.
'miracle' can also be a combination of 'mira', meaning peace, and 'acle' sounding like 'oracle', meaning medium through which advice or prophecy is sought or found. Which could just mean; precognition of A Truly peaceful world, for Everyone, through some mediums seen as or known as 'miracles'.

But, then again, just about ANY 'thing' can be SEEN or HEARD through just about ALL 'things'.
attofishpi wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:13 am What I have witnessed as empirical evidence of a 3rd party-intelligence behind the construct of reality - I must say - I would be failing to comprehend it in any rational manner, had I had such experiences 3-400 years ago.
Are you able to comprehend 'it', in a rational manner, now?

If yes, then will you explain 'it' to us here now?

If no, then why not?
attofishpi wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:13 am Since I have witnessed countless examples of what would typically be defined as "miracle" and it appears that definition requires defacing the 'natural laws' of at least physics, then I shall proceed..

SO.

Brains in a vat?
Divine reality?
So, what, exactly, was the ACTUAL purpose of a "disappearing truck", for you?

To you, could that "disappearing" (to you) "truck" be explained in a valid reasonable way, by the sciences, (eventually)?

Or, will that event ALWAYS remain 'explainable', to you?
cbf.

Too much irrational questioning & reasoning, some of which I have already answered in other thread(s) and the SHOUTING.
DPMartin

Post by DPMartin »

Jori wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:09 am Some people don't believe in miracles, but some people do. Some even say that miracles happen everyday because highly improbable things happen all the time. Mathematically improbable things are to be expected, but we don't know exactly what improbable thing will happen and exactly when it will happen. For instance we expect someone to win the lottery, but we don't know who will win and when you will win.

Some people don't believe miracles in the sacred texts of religions. For me those miracles may be true or not, but it doesn't matter. What matters is the theological point of the story.
na, what matters is do you believe the Creator and Judge grants that kind of Mercy. at least in the case of Jesus Christ who is associated with the granting of miracles when He walked the earth, He would in many cases as if that person about to be healed if they believed He could do it.

of course this is presuming this is about the Lord God of Israel.