Theism is an Addiction?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

Re: Theism is an Addiction?

Post by Sculptor »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:45 am
Sculptor wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:39 pm
attofishpi wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:34 pm

Sounds very nice. Over here blackberry bushes in the wild are poised as an invasive species - such a shame. My Gramps would pull the car over on the way back from Romsey where there was a long hedgerow of blackberries and we would pick bags full, then Nan would make blackberry jam - you can't beat homemade jam! How was the wine, did it have a distinctive blackberry taste? Have you ever had crab apple jelly?
I would rate Blackberry wine above some of the greatest grape wines in the world. Full body plenty of tanins. Beautiful colour.
Very interesting, I wonder if blackberry wine is commercially available, wouldn't mind try it.
A friends dad back in England used to make wine from all sorts of things, I remember trying his wine made from carrots, I was about 12 and my dad would occasionally give me a glass of (normal grape wine) at dinner time, and I remember thinking, this doesn't taste far off from the 'normal' wine - but ya at that age, what would I know!

Sculptor wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:39 pmYes I've had crab apple jelly too. THe great thing about apples is the high level of pectin which is setting agent.
Sounds good, (I wasn't aware of the pectin component) you might be able to convince me to give the stick to your dog rather than previous considerations, should you have a bottle of your blackberry wine on offer :D

btw. Have you ever travelled to the top side of the planet? - such as Australia?
The closest I've got to Oz, is Laos, Thailand and Camdodia.
I've tried commersical Blackberry wine, and was disappointed
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Sculptor wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:37 am
Sculptor wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:39 pm

I would rate Blackberry wine above some of the greatest grape wines in the world. Full body plenty of tanins. Beautiful colour.
Very interesting, I wonder if blackberry wine is commercially available, wouldn't mind try it.
A friends dad back in England used to make wine from all sorts of things, I remember trying his wine made from carrots, I was about 12 and my dad would occasionally give me a glass of (normal grape wine) at dinner time, and I remember thinking, this doesn't taste far off from the 'normal' wine - but ya at that age, what would I know!

Sculptor wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:39 pmYes I've had crab apple jelly too. THe great thing about apples is the high level of pectin which is setting agent.
Sounds good, (I wasn't aware of the pectin component) you might be able to convince me to give the stick to your dog rather than previous considerations, should you have a bottle of your blackberry wine on offer :D

btw. Have you ever travelled to the top side of the planet? - such as Australia?
Oh, well, I'm turning 50 in March, so if you have a spare bottle, thanks very much!! - I'll pay shipping! - nevermind.

Do you serve at room temperature, or do you chill it?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:43 am
Sculptor wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:37 am

Oh, well, I'm turning 50 in March, so if you have a spare bottle, thanks very much!! - I'll pay shipping! - nevermind.

Do you serve at room temperature, or do you chill it?
Red is always 2degree below room temp.
jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

Oh, well, I'm turning 50 in March, so if you have a spare bottle, thanks very much!! - I'll pay shipping!
Food prices are high because of high shipping costs.

Transportation increases can have a butterfly effect. The costs to farmers go up. That increases the cost of food which goes up even more due to shipping costs. In addition the supply to grocery stores falls causing stores to increase their prices even more.

The same happens throughout the supply chain.

The solution is to fix the shipping problems.

If the government spends $10 million to make that fix, the savings in reduced inflation can be $100’s of millions. That’s a small investment with a huge return.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

jayjacobus wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:53 am

Oh, well, I'm turning 50 in March, so if you have a spare bottle, thanks very much!! - I'll pay shipping!

Transportation increases can have a butterfly effect. The costs to farmers go up. That increases the cost of food which goes up even more due to shipping costs. In addition the supply to grocery stores falls causing stores to increase their prices even more.

If the government spends $10 million to make that fix, the savings in reduced inflation can be $100’s of millions. That’s a small investment with a huge return.
Well.

Thank fuck I got back off of my couch to read your post.
jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:11 pm
jayjacobus wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:53 am

Well.

Thank fuck I got back off of my couch to read your post.
Good readings make for good times.