Apology to God

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: Apology to God

Post by Age »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:41 am
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:29 pm
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:07 am
Noted your 'location' in your profile, but don't be so confused and stupid [lack intelligence and rationality] as to apologize to something that is non-existent and not real.
VA. I don't know how this world works. I'm diagnosed with schizophrenia because I've had hyper religious "delusions," extremely scary ones.
They started at age 25, even though I was a diehard atheist after idolizing Carl Sagan. The delusions involved demons, shape-shifting, personality shifting, the whole 9 yards. I was horrified by what I saw. Horrified to a state of catatonia. I can't describe it and I can't explain it through evolutionary theory.
What is interesting here is you are able to assert 'I am diagnosed with schizophrenia .." which resonate with Descartes' "I Think therefore I AM" or "I experience/think, therefore I AM"
What is critical here is you are able to rationalize independently of your schizophrenia in contrast to those schizoprehrenics who have totally lost their sense of self-awareness.
But just because one has been diagnosed with 'schizophrenia' this does NOT mean that they forget absolutely EVERY thing previously. Just because one can remember a doctor diagnosing them with schizophrenia does NOT also mean that they still have their sense of 'self-awareness'. Especially considering NONE of 'you' even HAD Awareness of the 'self' anyway.
As such, you need to take advantage of your independent sense of self-awareness and adopt an independent view of the existing state of your body and brain is in.
For example you could take your state of schizophrenia as if you are in an independent cinema which can project whatever images on its screen which you have no control of but you have to watch it.
Therefore if the independent cinema within you project on its screen images of terror and horror, you need to use your [..I AM] to rationalize to blame the cinema manager within you and await for the screening to be over.
What?

Talk about making a human being become 'schizophrenic'.
This is where Mindfulness Meditation will help tremendously.
'you', human beings, talk about 'mindfulness' or 'mindfulness meditation' but when questioned, for CLARITY, about what the 'mind' IS, EXACTLY, 'you' ALL FAIL COMPLETELY.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mindfulness
There is one aspect of mindfulness that teaches one to be mindful of what is going on in the brain in the present moment and not to be emotionally /psychologically affected by it.
see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Kabat-Zinn

Note for example, Charles Bonnet syndrome [Visual release hallucinations] which will naturally happen to many people as they age and they will experience various hallucinations. If one is ignorant of the cause [natural in old age for many] they will be terrified. But if one is informed of such a possibility before, they will be aware and be mindful it is just a natural hallucination that has happened to them naturally due to aging.
Here is PROOF that these people, back in those days, REALLY had NOT YET LOOKED INTO NOR AT 'thoughts', "themselves".
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:41 am Thus mindfulness and rationality is very useful for me when at times the meds do not work.
This explains a bit.
There is no known history of mental illness in my family and I stayed away from illegal drugs. I've never in my life even tried marijuana. So where did this "schizophrenia" come from? I've seen things that apparently few have seen, unless everyone in this world has "schziophrenia", that which the doctors have diagnosed me with.
Does schizophrenia really exist? Or does it not?
I don't know the answer to that either.
I was told that "schizophrenia" is incurable many times as doctors pounded my brain with extremely powerful psychotropic drugs to get rid of those periodic delusions, at times turning me into a virtual zombie. I'm still on those drugs as we speak, albeit less zombifying ones now.

I believe in science but science is getting weirder and weirder and more difficult to understand and wrap my head around. AND, to be honest, I don't want to wrap my head around science. I don't want to know. I'd rather live an honest and true life among my people (those who aren't privy to all the fruits of modern technology). I'd rather die a natural death and not be hooked up to a "life" support system like some kind of lab experiment. So leave me alone, doctor. Go to your ivory tower and continue mixing dynamite with butter. Until you figure out how the world TRULY works.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
If you'd research into schizophrenia you would have noted there are many various types of causes. Since yours is not due to the common causes, regardless, your schizo nevertheless is due to some exceptional effects and influence of neurotransmitters between certain neurons.
It is the same with those who take hallucinogens [drugs] and their experiences of hallucination can be pleasant or very horrible depending on which parts of the brain are triggered.

Don't give up on science. A focus on the neurosciences, neuro-psychology, evolutionary psychology will be very helpful to your problem to support your rationality and mindfulness.

And btw the way as a consolation, you are not the exceptions, note everyone is hallucinating at all times, except your cinema manager [in your brain] at times is not good in projecting the better images and movies.

Anil Seth: Is Reality a Controlled Hallucination?
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34077

Your brain hallucinates your conscious reality
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=25316

We Are All Hallucinating All The Time
"In a sense, we are all hallucinating all the time," Dr. Ramachandran said. "What we call normal vision is our selecting the hallucination that best fits reality."
Walker

Re: Apology to God

Post by Walker »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:56 pm I'm sorry God.
If not face-to-face with everything then some things will be assumed, however what’s the use of a god that comes and goes?

Therefore, even if an apology to God is insincere, self-serving and does not emanate from the gut of your soul, it still benefits. Why?

Because there’s a big dynamic in using public declarations to move the inner feeling to the outer world. That’s because your inner ear that your outer voice is addressing, literally believes everything that you tell it, even if you lie to yourself.

The self you’re lying to is going to believe you. If you tell it mean and nasty things through actions that move the inner to the outer world, it will believe that, even if ridiculous and irrational to your notions of rationality.

In spiritual terms, apologizing as a fake it ‘till you make it action means consciously doing out of prescription what will someday be a spontaneous and heartfelt remorse for transgressing against what you know to be right, an anguish caused by your own idiocy and powerful enough to rend garments, gnash teeth, and wail.

Even if you don’t respect the king, or don't see the king if you are blind but in the king's presence, you must bow to the king because the act of bowing convinces the body that you are “respecting,” and if you don’t, well, among other reasons, depending on the particular king and your situation in time and place, not bowing could mean off with your head ... quickly or in time.