Spread the wealth, God

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Spread the wealth, God

Post by Gary Childress »

Is the concept of God nothing more than a justification for authoritarianism and privilege? Is the concept of heaven little more than a gated community in the afterlife?
Last edited by Gary Childress on Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Childress

Re: Spread the wealth, God

Post by Gary Childress »

And if we need God in order to flourish in life, why did God make us so weak and unable to care for ourselves on our own?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

All your arguments are borderline ridiculous.

It's as if you expect if there is a God, that we should all be in some sort of heaven.

- NO need for people to study, to become doctors
- NO point in learning physics - just ask God.
- etc etc etc..

btw - wasn't it stated - it is easier for a camel to get through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to get into heaven.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:18 am All your arguments are borderline ridiculous.

It's as if you expect if there is a God, that we should all be in some sort of heaven.

- NO need for people to study, to become doctors
- NO point in learning physics - just ask God.
- etc etc etc..

btw - wasn't it stated - it is easier for a camel to get through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to get into heaven.
Yeah, heaven, the great gated community in the afterlife. For those of us who are screwed in this life, I wouldn't put it past God to send us to hell in the afterlife as well. And I'm sure the rich will be the only ones in heaven if this world is any indication of the sort of God who presides over it.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:05 am Is the concept of God nothing more than a justification for authoritarianism and privilege?
Yes it is.
Why, because when awareness is aware it is aware, that creates the sense of creatorship, or authorship..that's when the idea of I is born, but I is just a mental projection of light identified with it's own shadow, it's a mirage appearing real.

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:05 am Is the concept of heaven little more than a gated community in the afterlife?
In the story yes, in the imagined belief only.

The idea of an ''afterlife'' is a mythological idea believed to be real, but is in fact an artifical projection, since there is only LIFE which can be known, and which is only ever now presenting itself as this immediate realtime presence, alternatively known as awareness. There is no knowledge of a before life or an after life, except as an artificial projection occuring now the only place where anything is known...and that which is known is a mental projection, aka a story upon awareness that can never be known.

attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

what anuva fucking pointless thread with posts of pure pigshit and no comprehension of the subject (GOD)
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:16 am what anuva fucking pointless thread with posts of pure pigshit and no comprehension of the subject (GOD)
People can only understand the god of their own understanding the way they percieve god to be.

Gary has his understanding, You have your understanding, and I have my understanding...and that understanding is each our own personal opinion..

So it's fucking pointless pigshit to deny another their own understanding while holding on for dear life to their own.

No person needs to indulge in some comprehension competition in order to be. .Being just is...Being doesn't need to know what it is talking about to be...just as animals don't need to talk about the world and his wife in order to be...

So any comprehension of what is being is just your story, many stories arise in being in many different ways...so you should leave others to mind their own comprehension of being...and stop sticking your beak into what will never be yours or anyone else's comprehension but their own...we can share our stories, but to imply others have no comprehension of god, is rather annoying...so shut up.

attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:39 am
attofishpi wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:16 am what anuva fucking pointless thread with posts of pure pigshit and no comprehension of the subject (GOD)
People can only understand the god of their own understanding the way they percieve god to be.

Gary has his understanding, You have your understanding, and I have my understanding...and that understanding is each our own personal opinion..

So it's fucking pointless pigshit to deny another their own understanding while holding on for dear life to their own.
Gary doesn't even know if God exists!!!!

- so what the fuck does Gary KNOW about God?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:45 am

Even the idea of not-knowing whether a god exists is still an idea that there could be a god that cannot be known to exist. Any known concept known as god, in and of itself cannot become unknown, or undone...the concept once created cannot then become uncreated.

So we should just allow for people to think things through for themself, and by their self... The one who knows god will be the only god known..even the one who does not know god will be the only god known...for as I said, the conceptual idea cannot just cease to exist once it is known to exist ...that's just basic common knowledge.

attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:03 pm

Even the idea of not-knowing whether a god exists is still an idea that there could be a god that cannot be known to exist. Any known concept known as god, in and of itself cannot become unknown, or undone...the concept once created cannot then become uncreated.

So we should just allow for people to think things through for themself, and by their self... The one who knows god will be the only god known..even the one who does not know god will be the only god known...for as I said, the conceptual idea cannot just cease to exist once it is known to exist ...that's just basic common knowledge.
Oh. Ok. Did Mr Twinkles tell you that? (one of the 200 cats in your house) - remember? The one that knows that he knows that the unknower can only be known to those that know that nothing can be known.

- hang on, that was Socracats.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

I only know that God (if he exists) is not interested in my happiness or ultimately anyone else's for that matter. There are more important things to consider like starvation and other ills that plague the world. None of which will ever go away and are only getting worse with climate change, pollution and overpopulation.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:35 pm

I only know that God (if he exists) is not interested in my happiness or ultimately anyone else's for that matter. There are more important things to consider like starvation and other ills that plague the world. None of which will ever go away and are only getting worse with climate change, pollution and overpopulation.
Well, I have to admit, knowing IT exists doesn't make comprehension of existence any simpler..to the contrary, it perplexes me even more.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:01 pm

Well, I have to admit, knowing IT exists doesn't make comprehension of existence any simpler..to the contrary, it perplexes me even more.
So are you saying you know God exists or do you mean to say that you know that the concept of there being a God exists?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:09 pm

So are you saying you know God exists or do you mean to say that you know that the concept of there being a God exists?
That's a strange question, I thought you would have read at least some of my posts where I state, ya I know God or 'God' exists - that there is a 3rd party intelligence behind what we perceive as reality.

At this point in time (although it irks me to identify as Christian, when people get preconceived ideas of what it is to be a "Christian" - mostly tainted by those disgusting bigoted Evangelists in the US - I hate the fuckers)

Christian Panenetheism is the glove that fits from my personal experience of this entity.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:22 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:09 pm

That's a strange question, I thought you would have read at least some of my posts where I state, ya I know God or 'God' exists - that there is a 3rd party intelligence behind what we perceive as reality.
Sorry, I don't pay that much attention to the post histories of different people. I just deal with the post at the moment that I'm looking at. Probably attention deficit on my part. Maybe early-onset dementia or something even. I don't know.