Are homosexual natures created by nurture, nature, or God?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: Are homosexual natures created by nurture, nature, or God?

Post by Age »

RCSaunders wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:56 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:24 am
RCSaunders wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:52 am
There is no such thing as a, "homosexual nature," anymore than there is a, "pedophile nature," or, "rapist nature," or, "bestiality nature." These are all chosen practices. Nothing makes anyone be anything that can otherwise be chosen. It's like asking what makes someone have a piano player's nature, or an electrician's, a dancer's, or a baker's.
Would you say a heterosexual chose their sexuality?
There is no such thing as, "sexuality." It's a made-up concept to excuse any practice one chooses by claiming their nature made them do it.
To me, the word 'sexuality', as in, "What is your sexuality?" just means refers to what 'sex', gender, one 'likes' to have 'sex with'.

And, whenever I hear of what one's 'sexuality' is, for example, 'heterosexual', 'homosexual', or 'bisexual' I NEVER envision one is trying to 'excuse' the practice/sexuality that they have chosen to continue with. I just SEE 'it' as that is just their CHOSEN preferred sexual partner.
RCSaunders wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:56 pm All so-called, "attractions," are entirely psychological resulting in physical responses to what one thinks and believes.
Although ALL physical bodies are 'attracted', or, literally, 'gravitate' towards to each other, in a gravitational sense, what 'one' likes or dislikes is SOLELY depended upon 'thinking', which of course is completely AND utterly INVISIBLE and so may not ACTUALLY be made up of absolutely ANY thing 'physical' anyway.
RCSaunders wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:56 pm No one is born with any specific physiological desire for anything.
But EVERY body is born with a desire to live and be kept alive.

But, for all intents and purposes, the 'person' within the physical human body has NOT YET formed at the 'birth' of the body, or has only just 'become' not long before the 'birth' of the human body, and NO 'person' at those ages has ANY 'sexuality' AT ALL.

What gender of human body a 'person' would LIKE to have sex with ONLY comes about much later in Life, after the birth of the human body, itself.

And, what a 'person' ends up 'liking', depends on what the physical body has previously 'experienced', and then when a 'person' has matured enough they then CHOOSE to keep 'liking' or 'not liking' 'something' or 'another'.

NOT UNTIL 'sex with another' becomes a part of the 'thoughts' and 'thinking' within does 'sexuality' EVER come into the picture. And, NO one wants 'sex with another' at birth and for some length of time afterwards.

So, that old saying, "I was born like that", is a complete AND utter fallacy.

And this applies to ALL 'likes', 'dislikes', 'views', 'opinion', BELIEFS, 'thoughts, and 'thinking'.
RCSaunders wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:56 pm One has to learn what sex is, what the difference between the sexes are, how and what to think about such things--their physiological reaactions (including physical "desires") will be determined by what they choose to think and believe.
If you took the words 'choose' and 'physiological' out of this, then, to me, this would be PERFECTLY True.

This is because 'one' does NOT CHOOSE, in childhood, to 'like' or 'dislike' ANY thing initially.

For example, NO one CHOOSES which flavor of ice cream to like. NOT UNTIL 'one' is provided with an ice cream, is that flavor 'liked' or 'disliked'. Absolutely NO one KNOWS A 'flavor' UNTIL the physical body 'experiences' 'it'.

The same with 'sex', NO one KNOWS what 'flavor' of 'sex' they WILL 'like', UNTIL they 'experience', through ANY of the five senses, SOME 'thing' 'sexual'. So, what one becomes 'attracted' to is NOT 'determined by what they CHOOSE to think or believe' but by what the body 'experiences'. And, the VERY 'surroundings' of a body, at the VERY MOMENT the body is 'experiencing' some 'thing', can and WILL influence what that 'one' ends up 'liking' and/or 'disliking'.
RCSaunders wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:56 pm No one is born with a desire for a cheeseburger with fries--they have to learn what those things are and have some experience with them before having such desires.
VERY, VERY True.

ALL 'information' is LEARNED, along the way, and which is obtained through ANY or ALL of the five senses of the body, and gathered and stored within the brain. It is the 'experiences' of the physical body that, literally, 'forms' the 'you', within. So, 'you', literally, become the 'in-formed', and in fact are always becoming 'in-formed'.

(Knowledge, however, is DIFFERENT, as thee KNOWING of Right AND Wrong is ALREADY within 'you'. Although, in the days when this was being written it was UNCONSCIOUSLY KNOWN, and has, to 'you', posters, here YET to 'become' CONSCIOUSLY KNOWN).

However, it could be argued that the, collective, IRREFUTABLE 'information' or 'knowledge' to ALL of "Life's (so-called) mysteries" ALREADY EXISTS within 'you', and ALWAYS HAS, but that it is your OWN, personal, 'information' or 'knowledge', which ONLY comes about through 'life experiences'.

(By the way, and not necessarily for 'you', posters, here, distinguishing EXACTLY and FULLY between 'information' and 'knowledge' and being able to explain this FULLY is one of the last 'things' that I am STILL VERY MUCH LEARNING in how to communicate better. That, and of course, what words to use in being able to get these adult human beings, in the days when this was being written, to become FULLY Honest and thus FULLY OPEN UP).
RCSaunders wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:56 pm No one is born with any particular sexual proclivity--they have to learn what all those things are and have some experience before having any such desires.
VERY True.
RCSaunders wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:56 pm Then they must evaluate their feelings (which cannot tell them what is best for them) and choose whether to let their desires determine their choices (have the burger even though they are overweight and already diabetic) or choose what is best for their own long-term benefit. The same goes for how one practices their sexual desires.
But, to 'evaluate' one's feelings, one has to be able to RECOGNIZE 'them', which is VERY, VERY HARD when one has been expected to suppress their feelings or has, unconsciously, "chosen" to suppress their feelings. And, one can NOT REALLY 'choose' the BEST option, when they do NOT even YET KNOW, consciously, what is ACTUALLY Right and Wrong in Life.

'Desiring' the IRREFUTABLY absolutely Wrong 'things' in Life can seem SO NATURAL that choosing to continue to 'desire' 'those things' can 'feel like one is
actually doing the right thing to do in Life. So, 'evaluating' 'feelings' can lead one, or a WHOLE species, down the COMPLETELY Wrong path in Life.

As ALREADY PROVED True, by the human species, the days when this was being written.
RCSaunders wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:56 pm [Do some research on paraphilias, here and, "The 15 most common paraphilias". Are these desires inborn? Are they one's nature?]

You can't have it both ways. Either human beings are volitional creatures who must consciously choose their behavior and are therefore totally responsible for all they choose to think and do, or something else (their gene's, society, inborn desires, etc.) determines what they do. If the latter, all discussion of what anyone ought to do becomes silly, because they don't have any choice about it. Either one chooses their behavior or they don't, but, it cannot be both.
VERY SADLY, here is a PRIME EXAMPLE of WHY it took the 'human being' millennia to FINALLY WORK OUT what thee ACTUAL Truth REALLY IS, and STILL HAD NOT, in the days when this was being written.

Children have NO choice AT ALL in what they come-to-like/dislike. And, they have NO choice in their behavior. Although adults will PUNISHINGLY and RIDICULING TELL them OTHERWISE.

ALL human beings, instinctively, KNOW Right from Wrong. EVERY child is born with this KNOWING, but EVERY child is also taught OTHERWISE, and grows up becoming LOST and CONFUSED.

Although ALL adults can CHOOSE their behavior, they had, in the days when this was being written, become SO CONFUSED that they REALLY did NOT KNOW what is ACTUALLY Right and Wrong. And will OPENLY ADMIT this when questioned.

And, it is ONLY adult human beings who could be held, actually, be 'responsible' for what they CHOOSE to 'think' and 'do. Children could NEVER, actually, be responsible beings. However, adults will QUICKLY 'try' and TELL you OTHERWISE. There is NOTHING like the SPEED the, supposed, 'responsible' one will VERY QUICKLY PASS that 'responsibility' onto "another one". And, it is the 'weakest' who inevitably ends up HAVING TO take ALL of the BLAME. This can be SEEN in ALL places where "POWER" and "RESPONSIBILITY" are MEANT to be taking place.

So,

ALL human beings are FREE, have volition.

However, children are NEVER MEANT to be 'responsible', for ANY thing, and it is ONLY adult human beings who are MEANT to be 'responsible', for EVERY thing they say and do.

The genes of the physical body are A GIVEN, and which have absolutely NO control whatsoever over the or ABILITY to CHOOSE. And, it is just this ABILITY to CHOOSE which is what makes human beings completely 'volitional' AND 'free willed' creatures/animals.

NO human being, necessarily, MUST 'consciously choose' their behavior, and if questioned, 'you', human beings, hardly even know WHY 'you' CHOOSE what you do do. In fact the VAST MAJORITY of 'you' do you do NOT even KNOW the REAL reasons WHY you do just about EVERY thing that you do.

Human beings do CHOOSE their 'behavior', but when QUESTIONED for CLARITY, a majority of the time, they do NOT even KNOW WHY they CHOOSE the 'behavior' that they did.

Also, you CLAIMED above that one either chooses their 'behavior' or they do not, and, that "it can NOT be both". BUT, when EXACTLY does one CHOOSE their 'behavior'? Are you saying that a new born baby chooses their behavior?

If no, then 'when', EXACTLY, does one CHOOSE their 'behavior'?

Furthermore, human beings can NOT CHOOSE their 'actions', and this is because 'actions' are NOT the same as 'behaviors'. 'Actions' are DIFFERENT from 'behaviors'.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"So you think a gay should and can easily choose not to be gay.

Am I reading you right?"

No I'm saying the exact opposite. Jeez do I really explain things so badly that a reader would draw the opposite conclusions from what I wish to explain? I think I need a new hobby, man.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:32 am
Greatest I am wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:44 am Stop putting your garbage in my mouth.
I didn't put any words in your mouth. I quoted exactly what you said, each word being one you, yourself chose to use.

And I asked you to explain what you meant by what you said.

And apparently, you can't...or you're afraid to.

Very interesting.
Your --- "But I can't be sure these are your answers", --- shows you to be either stupid or lying, again.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Age wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:20 am
Greatest I am wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:58 pm Are homosexual natures created by nurture, nature, or God?

I think the answer is is quite important as it would show us the cause/source of homosexuality.

If God, as believers think, then why is God creating gays?

Regards
DL
WHY do you call 'it' "homosexual NATURES"?

If you want to refer to "homosexuality" as being NATURAL, then you would ALREADY HAVE 'your' answer.

If you asked are FAR MORE OPEN question like; 'Is homosexuality created by nurture or nature" (and removed the MIS/LEADING 'God' word), then my answer would be;

Both, OBVIOUSLY.
I serve my agenda, not yours.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards
DL
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Greatest I am wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:42 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:32 am
Greatest I am wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:44 am Stop putting your garbage in my mouth.
I didn't put any words in your mouth. I quoted exactly what you said, each word being one you, yourself chose to use.

And I asked you to explain what you meant by what you said.

And apparently, you can't...or you're afraid to.

Very interesting.
Your --- "But I can't be sure these are your answers", ---
I can't.

You won't say what you mean by using those words. You don't expect anyone to read your mind, do you? And you squeal when anybody tries...

So why not just say what you DID mean?

Is it because you're afraid to say what you really meant, or that you misspoke?
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Age wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:25 am

How, EXACTLY, could WANTING to have sex with a human body with the same sexual organs be a "genetic factor"?
Sexual organs aside, where does your own want of the opposite sex come from?

Your DNA that controls your chemistry and thinking. Right?

Why would you think a gay would be any different?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Age wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:00 am
Greatest I am wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:29 am
promethean75 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:30 pm I should probably let Harry as a boy have a few words to help us understand some of the factors involved in the rise of homosexual behavior, as well.
I see more of a rise in freedom of expression than a rise in actual % of the numbers.

Mind you, we are giving our DNA a workout with all the electronic subatomic rays we are subjecting ourselves to.
And where EXACTLY are these 'electronic subatomic rays' coming from?
Greatest I am wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:29 am The roots or gayness are in our genes, and they are under DNA and chemical control.

Regards
DL
What are you basing this CLAIM on, EXACTLY?
On reality and knowing that chemistry controls our thinking.

Think menopause and anthropause, or just having a few drinks.

Do you have an argument against?

As to the increase of subatomic particles, think of the many cell phones and the warnings experts are giving as to use and the damage possible.

Regards
DL
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Greatest I am wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:47 pm Sexual organs aside, where does your own want of the opposite sex come from?

Well, because in the first place, scientists have found no "gay gene." If DNA where invovled, where is that?

But if you believe DNA is the cause, then you're an essentialist. You believe that people are "born gay," and cannot make a choice about it, because it is an essence of their makeup. It's in their "nature," to use your word. So it' s not a choice, and not an option, and not a product of any "community." That follows inevitably.

You also, then, don't believe in "transgenderism." You believe that DNA, which is verifiably male-female, determines the essence of a person. You believe in gays, perhaps, but not that the DNA can lie or mislead. So one cannot be "born with the wrong DNA" -- the DNA itself is determinative.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Age wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:24 am
Actually, thee Truly Peaceful and Harmonious life, which we ALL WANT and DESIRE, actually comes to fruition when a Truly 'self-governing' society is 'in full swing', as some say.
I doubt that we all want and desire that. I sure don't.

The fact that you like to argue should be seen as you rejecting your own rendering as you are here working against what you say you desire.

You may not have noted this, but all animals stress or challenge themselves one way or another and that includes us.

It is how we show our fitness.

It is what has cause us to progress and grow.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:59 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:47 pm Sexual organs aside, where does your own want of the opposite sex come from?

Well, because in the first place, scientists have found no "gay gene." If DNA where invovled, where is that?

But if you believe DNA is the cause, then you're an essentialist. You believe that people are "born gay," and cannot make a choice about it, because it is an essence of their makeup. It's in their "nature," to use your word. So it' s not a choice, and not an option, and not a product of any "community." That follows inevitably.

You also, then, don't believe in "transgenderism." You believe that DNA, which is verifiably male-female, determines the essence of a person. You believe in gays, perhaps, but not that the DNA can lie or mislead. So one cannot be "born with the wrong DNA" -- the DNA itself is determinative.
Again you put garbage beliefs in my mouth.

Good style.

Go away.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

promethean75 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:41 pm "So you think a gay should and can easily choose not to be gay.

Am I reading you right?"

No I'm saying the exact opposite. Jeez do I really explain things so badly that a reader would draw the opposite conclusions from what I wish to explain? I think I need a new hobby, man.
I did ask and did not just put words in your mouth.

I did not re-read but must have been unsure.

Regards
DL
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Greatest I am wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:05 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:59 pm

Again you put garbage beliefs in my mouth.
It's your words, your mouth.

So if there's any "garbage," it's coming from inside. :wink:
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Age wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:08 am But EVERY body is born with a desire to live and be kept alive.
Nope!

Except for the physical appetites, the ability to desire, like the mind, is completely blank at birth and must be learned and developed. One cannot desire anything until they first learn that it exists, what it is, and that it is something to be desired.

No one has a desire, "to live," until they know what life is, that they are living, and that it is something they have any choice about.

What do you think a desire is? I can send you link if you'd like to know. For someone who styles himself, "Age," many of your views are very puerile.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

RCSaunders wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:38 pm
Age wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:08 am But EVERY body is born with a desire to live and be kept alive.
Nope!

Except for the physical appetites, the ability to desire, like the mind, is completely blank at birth and must be learned and developed. One cannot desire anything until they first learn that it exists, what it is, and that it is something to be desired.

No one has a desire, "to live," until they know what life is, that they are living, and that it is something they have any choice about.

What do you think a desire is? I can send you link if you'd like to know. For someone who styles himself, "Age," many of your views are very puerile.
Do you have any evidence for anything that you spout? Or does it all just come out of your arse?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

It doesn't matter what makes someone homosexual. It's really no one else's business and makes no difference to anything (except that they seem to be a lot nice to their mothers than hetero males are).
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.