Who Knows God ?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Who Knows God ?

Post by Dontaskme »

Greatest I am wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:25 pm
IOW, your god is a fantasy.
God is not a fantasy. But 'my God' is a fantasy.
Greatest I am wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:25 pmI hope your fiction is not a genocidal p**** like Yahweh is.
Reality is not a fiction, but 'my Reality' is a fiction.

''My reality'' is what reality projects as a mental image/picture onto a reality that is basically as pure as a blank canvas, imageless...Therefore, to know you know is a will to intent in this conception, aka a mental image, aka an illusion of otherness, aka a seer separate from the seen..
Animals and nature kill all the time, but has no intent to do so, killing is just what happens.

''The wild geese do not intend to cast their reflection; The water has no mind to retain their image.''

Greatest I am wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:25 pmYour use of language is just as dishonest as what real believers use.
Okay.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:52 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:23 pm
I disagree with your definitions.
Okay.
Greatest I am wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:23 pmYou have made them up as the dictionaries do not agree with you.
Okay.
Greatest I am wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:23 pmMy request was for his quote and you did not give it.
I said he misinterprets the ideas he is talking about. What was your request again, what do you mean you made a request for his quote, that you say I did not give? :?
Your reading comprehension annoys.

You said he misinterprets without showing what he is misinterpreting, nor what the truth is.

Regards
DL
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Greatest I am wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:17 pm
You said he misinterprets without showing what he is misinterpreting, nor what the truth is.

He talks about God as if he knows God

Which brings us back to the knower...Who Knows God ? ...Is the one question to all our answers.

If he is the knower, he can only be talking about himself misinterpreting the knower for the known.. which is God and the Devil...But, good and evil are not aware entities, they are concepts known by yours truly...the one and only, eternal aware being...that knows a good egg is an eternal egg. And a bad egg is an eternal egg.

Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Ok.

I know my God.

You know yours as well, if you see yourself as an adult.

It all depends on how you define that word.

Here is my definition.

Modern Gnostic Christians name our god "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation and “I am”, represents the best rules and laws that we have found to live by.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

Alan Watts - On The Book of Eli - YouTube

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.

On Becoming an Adult - YouTube

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural and literal reading of myths.

Regards
DL
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Thanks for sharing your defintion GIA

God is simple for this one here...God is just a multitude of words for the same thing, namely infinity, one without a sceond. AKA Many of One.

There is only God and that knowledge is the duality of language, as and through the word...in this conception known as ( I ) or ( I AM ) ..or just ( AM )

The mother( adult) and child, same one, is the reunion much like the butterfly analogy where you flow through your transformation from child (innocence) to adult (knowledgable) with confidence.

Like how caterpillars have no way of knowing what's coming their way next. But they listen to their inner call to go within anyway, allowing death and rebirth to take place.

All I know is that in any case of devilry verses goodness. Good always wins...because Love is all there is, devilry in it's attempt to destroy has no options open to it, other than to always return to it's source, thee only source which is Love.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:25 am Thanks for sharing your defintion GIA

God is simple for this one here...God is just a multitude of words for the same thing, namely infinity, one without a sceond. AKA Many of One.

There is only God and that knowledge is the duality of language, as and through the word...in this conception known as ( I ) or ( I AM ) ..or just ( AM )

The mother( adult) and child, same one, is the reunion much like the butterfly analogy where you flow through your transformation from child (innocence) to adult (knowledgable) with confidence.

Like how caterpillars have no way of knowing what's coming their way next. But they listen to their inner call to go within anyway, allowing death and rebirth to take place.

All I know is that in any case of devilry verses goodness. Good always wins...because Love is all there is, devilry in it's attempt to destroy has no options open to it, other than to always return to it's source, thee only source which is Love.
Yes, but that love must be expressed to that which is loved, and the hate bias created by the love bias at the same time, should be pushing you to fight that which jeopardizes what you love.

That is why I go after the vile homophobic and misogynous religions.

They are against the gays and women in your family tree, as well as mine.

Regards
DL
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Greatest I am wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:12 pm
Yes, but that love must be expressed to that which is loved, and the hate bias created by the love bias at the same time, should be pushing you to fight that which jeopardizes what you love.
I do not understand what you mean.
Greatest I am wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:12 pmThat is why I go after the vile homophobic and misogynous religions.
I don't know what you mean.
Greatest I am wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:12 pmThey are against the gays and women in your family tree, as well as mine.

Regards
DL
Sorry, I'm just not reading you. Don't mean to waste your time, but I just don't see what you are seeing. We can only know the God of our own understanding, people can only express the language of God in their own way that may in fact conflict with some other...in that case there are many different ways of expressing the same point as there are many languages.

For me here, religion is just a story, it's a fiction projected onto the real.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:05 am
Greatest I am wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:12 pm
I do not understand what you mean.
Greatest I am wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:12 pmThat is why I go after the vile homophobic and misogynous religions.
I don't know what you mean.
Greatest I am wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:12 pmThey are against the gays and women in your family tree, as well as mine.

Regards
DL
Sorry, I'm just not reading you. Don't mean to waste your time, but I just don't see what you are seeing. We can only know the God of our own understanding, people can only express the language of God in their own way that may in fact conflict with some other...in that case there are many different ways of expressing the same point as there are many languages.

For me here, religion is just a story, it's a fiction projected onto the real.
It is.

As to my point, if you cannot, or do not see the women and gays in your family being effected negatively by the homophobia ands misogyny, you are not looking.

If you love them, you will hate what discriminates against them without a just cause.

Regards
DL