Christians claim to have God on speed-dial

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Christians claim to have God on speed-dial

Post by Dontaskme »

"Call on the Lord in the day of trouble
and He will deliver you "
Psalm 50 : 15

Who you gonna call..999 or 911 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfZWp-hGCdA
Walker

Re: Christians claim to have God on speed-dial

Post by Walker »

Great tune.

God must have a high-class number, therefore, strive to be classy to connect. :|

Based on the logic of class, as in high-class and low-class, God would have the highest class, thus The God Telephone Area Code (TG-TAC) is 111.

Why? In the logic of phone class determined by Bell, 111 is the quickest spin on a rotary dial. Even quicker than 212, which was assigned a high-class low-digits because of the importance of the market served by 212. Very big, lots of money, lots of phone traffic, lots of folks wheeling and dealing and making muny.

If tales be true and longevity be proof, 111 would be a deserve’ed code quite fitting for the digital age.

Buyers and Sellers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnlIWpZSPXU

(interesting. In watching the clip I notice a telephone in center frame, and at 2:32 a phone rings. Maybe it was God calling. :shock: )
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:28 pm Great tune. 👍

I’d definitely want to call for deliverance from this rather irritating and annoying world.

My idea of deliverance would be to swap roles, I would swap the delivered role for the permanent deliverance of the delivered role and never have to call for deliverance ever again for the whole of eternity.

As for your contribution to this thread, no comment to make, since all I heard in your words was a load of bibbly babbly boo blah de blah …blah blah blah…..upside me head. 🤯🤯🤯

Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

"Call on the number in the day of trouble
and He will deliver you a Pizza
0778950 15124567
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:45 pm As for your contribution to this thread, no comment to make, since all I heard in your words was a load of bibbly babbly boo blah de blah …blah blah blah…..upside me head. 🤯🤯🤯

What a surprise.

Since you can’t or won’t follow the reasoning, all you need know from the posting that is incomprehensible to you is the assertion, which is:

The number to reach God is 111, not 911 or 999, certainly not 666, but you need the equipment properly tuned.
Walker

Post by Walker »

That number is one of the ways God is trying to reach you, but you don't know how to pick up.

8)

:)
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:24 pm That number is one of the ways God is trying to reach you, but you don't know how to pick up.

8)

Sorry I have no idea what you are going on about.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:57 pm
Walker wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:24 pm That number is one of the ways God is trying to reach you, but you don't know how to pick up.

8)

Sorry I have no idea what you are going on about.
Simply answering the question you posted in the OP, and explaining why that is the answer, in terms of your ostensible topic of interest.
Who you gonna call..999 or 911)
Answer: neither.
Last edited by Walker on Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:57 pm
Who you gonna call..999 or 911
Walker wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:14 amAnswer: neither.
Appearing to be true, but not necessarily so.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Moving past the ostensible, the question is, what's the real topic of interest in creating this thread?

Easy answer. The real topic and area of interest is mocking and denigrating Christianity, and Christians.

To reduce it further ...
- The real interest and purpose in creating the thread is to mock and denigrate what you perceive.

The ostensible that you attempted to use in rhetorical fashion is merely the vehicle to try and accomplish that.

This real interest that underlies the ostensible could well be the source of all that grimness leaking out around the edges ...

You see, although you may not have an idea of what you're doing, it's rather obvious.

:|
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:32 am Moving past the ostensible, the question is, what's the real topic of interest in creating this thread?
There isn't one.
Walker wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:32 amEasy answer. The real topic and area of interest is mocking and denigrating Christianity, and Christians.
A 'Christian' is an imagined idea, which comes from the exact same place that imagines ''Santa Claus'' .. There for no thing is mocking itself.
Walker wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:32 amTo reduce it further ...
- The real interest and purpose in creating the thread is to mock and denigrate what you perceive.
A perception implies a perceiver. . . No ''Perceiever'' has ever been seen. The concept is empty.

Walker wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:32 amThe ostensible that you attempted to use in rhetorical fashion is merely the vehicle to try and accomplish that.
More empty story...
Walker wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:32 amThis real interest that underlies the ostensible could well be the source of all that grimness leaking out around the edges ...
The breach need not be feared, it can always be repaired by the happy happy joy joy song.

Walker wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:32 amYou see, although you may not have an idea of what you're doing, it's rather obvious.

:|
No one cares.

Life is a body full of stinky shit, piss, bile, sticky goo, blood, sweat, slime, sick, grease, acid, and very silly noises leaking out of every orifice..FACT...Life's a big fucked up mess and then you die. The only job vacancy available here is for a cleaner, but no one wants the job.

Walker

Post by Walker »

Yeah, I'd say grim all right. I might change floodgate to flood, though.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:40 am Yeah, I'd say grim all right. I might change floodgate to flood, though.
grim all right it is then - funny how echoes work

*bump*
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:07 am Life is a body full of stinky shit, piss, bile, sticky goo, blood, sweat, slime, sick, grease, acid, and very silly noises leaking out of every orifice..FACT...Life's a big fucked up mess and then you die. The only job vacancy available here is for a cleaner, but no one wants the job.

You should appreciate this allegory from a horror writer’s story …
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSq4f5q4TnY

Which leads to the inevitable philosophical question:

What is the greatest freedom you have realized?
which in terms of the linked allegory, is to say,

What was your jail break, or, has that yet to happen?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:39 pm
What was your jail break, or, has that yet to happen?
My jail break happened ages ago, in fact I remember it well, it was the moment I first became aware of the eternal world..when I was about somewhere around the age of 4 years old.

My first reaction was to wonder how the hell did I happen.. I've never to this day been able to answer that question. And thank fuck I do not have to because if I could, I certainly wouldn't allow it to ever happen again.