Christian Conservative - its the way to go.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

Christian Conservative - its the way to go.

Post by Sculptor »

If you are a member of the Christian Right, take 14 minutes out of your busy schedule and watch this video. You will be glad you did and find out that the conservatives have been lying to you all this time.
But then you really really alreacdy knew that and were lying to yourself all the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0Crw6V-mcM
Gary Childress

Re: Christian Conservative - its the way to go.

Post by Gary Childress »

To be honest, I don't understand anyone who worships God. The world is a miserable shithole. Either God made this shithole or God doesn't exist.
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:11 pm If you are a member of the Christian Right, take 14 minutes out of your busy schedule and watch this video. You will be glad you did and find out that the conservatives have been lying to you all this time.
But then you really really alreacdy knew that and were lying to yourself all the time.

Firstly religion is independent from politics.
The ultimate purpose of theistic religion is soteriological while that of politics is governance which cover many aspects [including cleaning human shits] of human lives and its focus is on power.

To maintain and increase their power, politicians will exploit any thing to their interests, so if the majority of people are religious they will exploit religion.
If they and the majority are evil-prone no doubt politicians will exploit evil for their selfish interests.

Since he norm where most politicians are dirty and many are liars I don't see why you need to isolate out the Conservatives at all. Thus your OP is bias which expose your biasness.
To be fair you should insists both Conservatives and Democrats lie to their voters.
Veritas Aequitas

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:35 pm To be honest, I don't understand anyone who worships God. The world is a miserable shithole. Either God made this shithole or God doesn't exist.
It is impossible for God to exists as real.
See. God is an Impossibility
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24704

However in our current phase of human evolution, the majority of humans are infected with an existential crisis which generate terrible cognitive dissonance which can be immediately soothed with a belief in a God [despite it being illusory].
Those infected with this existential crisis strongly whilst do not resort to a God will resort to other means which could be drugs, pain-killers -opioids] and other not harmful spiritual practices.

It is undeniable that illusory thoughts [fictions, imaginations, etc.] has tremendous mental utilities to most people.
Thus you should not be ignorant of this fact and give considerations to theists who MUST belief in a God [despite it being illusory].

While having to tolerate theism, humanity must strive to wean off theism as expeditiously as possible in the future [with priority on evil laden Islam]. This is a very complex process and if we start the process now, it will take a few generations to produce effective results.

In the meantime we need to be considerate with theism and theists but we need take steps immediately now to start the process of weaning off theism in the future.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 5:43 am
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:35 pm To be honest, I don't understand anyone who worships God. The world is a miserable shithole. Either God made this shithole or God doesn't exist.

However in our current phase of human evolution, the majority of humans are infected with an existential crisis which generate terrible cognitive dissonance which can be immediately soothed with a belief in a God [despite it being illusory].
Those infected with this existential crisis strongly whilst do not resort to a God will resort to other means which could be drugs, pain-killers -opioids] and other not harmful spiritual practices.

It is undeniable that illusory thoughts [fictions, imaginations, etc.] has tremendous mental utilities to most people.
Thus you should not be ignorant of this fact and give considerations to theists who MUST belief in a God [despite it being illusory].

While having to tolerate theism, humanity must strive to wean off theism as expeditiously as possible in the future [with priority on evil laden Islam]. This is a very complex process and if we start the process now, it will take a few generations to produce effective results.

In the meantime we need to be considerate with theism and theists but we need take steps immediately now to start the process of weaning off theism in the future.
I have few qualms with human beings. Our shortcomings are not our fault. We're just fallible mortals and arguably not even in full control of our own minds. If God exists OTOH, then he is responsible for this world and the suffering in it.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 5:28 am
Sculptor wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:11 pm If you are a member of the Christian Right, take 14 minutes out of your busy schedule and watch this video. You will be glad you did and find out that the conservatives have been lying to you all this time.

Firstly religion is independent from politics.
Laugh of the week!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Veritas Aequitas

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:13 am

I have few qualms with human beings. Our shortcomings are not our fault. We're just fallible mortals and arguably not even in full control of our own minds. If God exists OTOH, then he is responsible for this world and the suffering in it.
Yes, IF God exists, then I agree God [by definition] must responsible for all the evils and sufferings in the world.
But as I had argued, it is impossible for a real God to exists.

However, all humans are "programmed" inherently with the potential of an existential crisis and the immediate solution for the majority to soothe it is to belief in a God [as defined].
In this case, there is a trade-off in the belief in a God between the ability to relieve the existential pains and the negativities from believing in a God [illusory].
At this present phase, believing in a God is a net-positive and optimal for the majority. Without believing in a God, there will be more harm than good from the majority.

But the belief in a God [theism] is trending towards net-negativity in the future.
As such we need to expedite the process of weaning off theism [especially Islam] immediately to enable results in the next few generations.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:15 am

Yes, IF God exists, then I agree God [by definition] must responsible for all the evils and sufferings in the world.
I don't know that it is "impossible" for God to exist. The world is definitely a shittier place than it could be and if there is a God then God must surely bear responsibility for that but, hey, maybe God is not interested in giving us all happiness. Maybe he's given to fits of anger, jealousy and wants people to worship him at the penalty of divine punishment. I don't know. I guess when you're God, you can be and do whatever you please and not have to answer to anyone else for it.

In any case, I figure there is either a God or there is not a God. If there is not a God, then the issue is moot. If there is a God, then it seems to me to make little sense to posit characteristics regarding God's character or attributes that don't add up to what we experience in the world. Meaning, God is probably not all loving, all caring, "perfect" etc, etc; if the world sucks for a lot of people. And being a mere mortal, I'm no expert on "worlds" so I couldn't tell you if it's an impossibility or not to have a God presiding over so much unhappiness.
Veritas Aequitas

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:56 am

I don't know that it is "impossible" for God to exist. The world is definitely a shittier place than it could be and if there is a God then God must surely bear responsibility for that but, hey, maybe God is not interested in giving us all happiness. Maybe he's given to fits of anger, jealousy and wants people to worship him at the penalty of divine punishment. I don't know. I guess when you're God, you can be and do whatever you please and not have to answer to anyone else for it.

In any case, I figure there is either a God or there is not a God. If there is not a God, then the issue is moot. If there is a God, then it seems to me to make little sense to posit characteristics regarding God's character or attributes that don't add up to what we experience in the world. Meaning, God is probably not all loving, all caring, "perfect" etc, etc; if the world sucks for a lot of people. And being a mere mortal, I'm no expert on "worlds" so I couldn't tell you if it's an impossibility or not to have a God presiding over so much unhappiness.
It is possible for a square-circle to exist in reality?
The above is an obvious impossibility.

It is the same impossibility for God to exists as real, but it is more subtle than the above. One has to dig deep in one's thinking to grasp the point.

Can you see, your
"If there is a God, then it seems to me to make little sense to posit characteristics regarding God's character or attributes that don't add up to what we experience in the world. Meaning, God is probably not all loving, all caring, "perfect" etc, etc; if the world sucks for a lot of people."
is similar to a square-circle impossibility, i.e.
If God is all good [square] how can God be so evil [circle].
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:36 am

It is the same impossibility for God to exists as real, but it is more subtle than the above. One has to dig deep in one's thinking to grasp the point.

Can you see, your
"If there is a God, then it seems to me to make little sense to posit characteristics regarding God's character or attributes that don't add up to what we experience in the world. Meaning, God is probably not all loving, all caring, "perfect" etc, etc; if the world sucks for a lot of people."
I just explained why I don't think God is all good. Didn't you read what I wrote? So there goes your "square" peg. There is no square peg. God is not all good.
Veritas Aequitas

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:47 am

Can you see, your
I just explained why I don't think God is all good. Didn't you read what I wrote? So there goes your "square" peg. There is no square peg. God is not all good.
Obviously your comprehension is questionable.
I NEVER claimed "you" think God is all Good.

The point is, your argument against theists in blue implied,

IF [theists - not you] claimed God is all good [square] how can God be so evil [circle].
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

OK maybe I misunderstood you and you are agreeing with what I wrote, then. It's hard for me to tell sometimes.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

The bottom line is, we're here. The world is here. A lot of us are unhappy. Maybe there's a God, maybe there isn't. If there is a God, then God is probably not all loving and all caring. As far as it being an "impossibility for God to exist as real." I have no idea what you are talking about there because it doesn't follow from ANYTHING I have ever experienced in this world that it is an "impossibility for God to exist as real." For all I know "God could exist as real."

Post by Age »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:59 am
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:47 am

Can you see, your
Obviously your comprehension is questionable.
I NEVER claimed "you" think God is all Good.

The point is, your argument against theists in blue implied,

IF [theists - not you] claimed God is all good [square] how can God be so evil [circle].
How do you propose God is "so evil", EXACTLY?

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:10 am The bottom line is, we're here. The world is here. A lot of us are unhappy.
WHAT and WHY are that lot of 'you' unhappy about, EXACTLY?
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:10 am Maybe there's a God, maybe there isn't.
If God exists or does not is SOLELY depended upon on HOW, EXACTLY, 'you' define the word 'God'.
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:10 am If there is a God, then God is probably not all loving and all caring.
WHY would you ASSUME and SAY such a thing?
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:10 am As far as it being an "impossibility for God to exist as real." I have no idea what you are talking about there because it doesn't follow from ANYTHING I have ever experienced in this world that it is an "impossibility for God to exist as real." For all I know "God could exist as real."
Whenever ANY one of 'you', human beings, defines the word 'God', then we CAN LOOK, and SEE, if 'that' COULD or DOES ACTUALLY EXIST or NOT.

For me, what that word 'God' is referring to, EXACTLY, IS ACTUALLY, and OBVIOUSLY, EXISTING.