Christian Conservative - its the way to go.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: Christian Conservative - its the way to go.

Post by Age »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:15 am
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:13 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 5:43 am
It is impossible for God to exists as real.
See. God is an Impossibility
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24704

However in our current phase of human evolution, the majority of humans are infected with an existential crisis which generate terrible cognitive dissonance which can be immediately soothed with a belief in a God [despite it being illusory].
Those infected with this existential crisis strongly whilst do not resort to a God will resort to other means which could be drugs, pain-killers -opioids] and other not harmful spiritual practices.

It is undeniable that illusory thoughts [fictions, imaginations, etc.] has tremendous mental utilities to most people.
Thus you should not be ignorant of this fact and give considerations to theists who MUST belief in a God [despite it being illusory].

While having to tolerate theism, humanity must strive to wean off theism as expeditiously as possible in the future [with priority on evil laden Islam]. This is a very complex process and if we start the process now, it will take a few generations to produce effective results.

In the meantime we need to be considerate with theism and theists but we need take steps immediately now to start the process of weaning off theism in the future.
I have few qualms with human beings. Our shortcomings are not our fault. We're just fallible mortals and arguably not even in full control of our own minds. If God exists OTOH, then he is responsible for this world and the suffering in it.
Yes, IF God exists, then I agree God [by definition] must responsible for all the evils and sufferings in the world.
But as I had argued, it is impossible for a real God to exists.
But just about ANY one can 'argue' just about ANY thing, and just 'arguing' for SOME 'thing' does NOT necessarily make that 'thing', being 'argued for', true, right, NOR correct, AT ALL. In fact, if what you had 'argued' was NOT sound AND valid, then 'it' would NOT even be worth mentioning, let alone repeating again.

If what you had 'argued' was NOT sound AND valid, then 'it' was False, Wrong, and/or Incorrect in some way. Therefore, NOT worth repeating AT ALL.

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:15 am However, all humans are "programmed" inherently with the potential of an existential crisis and the immediate solution for the majority to soothe it is to belief in a God [as defined].
This is OBVIOUSLY False, Wrong, Inaccurate, AND Incorrect.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:15 am In this case, there is a trade-off in the belief in a God between the ability to relieve the existential pains and the negativities from believing in a God [illusory].
At this present phase, believing in a God is a net-positive and optimal for the majority. Without believing in a God, there will be more harm than good from the majority.
Besides BELIEVE in One's, or Thy's, Self, BELIEVING (in) absolutely ANY thing is ONLY for the FOOLISH.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:15 am But the belief in a God [theism] is trending towards net-negativity in the future.
As such we need to expedite the process of weaning off theism [especially Islam] immediately to enable results in the next few generations.
LOL
LOL
LOL

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:35 pm To be honest, I don't understand anyone who worships God.
If you DO want to understand, then just let us know.
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:35 pm The world is a miserable shithole.
How, EXACTLY, is the world a so-called "miserable shithole"?
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:35 pm Either God made this shithole or God doesn't exist.
Could God NOT have made this "shithole", and then just stopped existing?

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:35 pm To be honest, I don't understand anyone who worships God. The world is a miserable shithole. Either God made this shithole or God doesn't exist.

However in our current phase of human evolution, the majority of humans are infected with an existential crisis which generate terrible cognitive dissonance which can be immediately soothed with a belief in a God [despite it being illusory].
Those infected with this existential crisis strongly whilst do not resort to a God will resort to other means which could be drugs, pain-killers -opioids] and other not harmful spiritual practices.

It is undeniable that illusory thoughts [fictions, imaginations, etc.] has tremendous mental utilities to most people.
Thus you should not be ignorant of this fact and give considerations to theists who MUST belief in a God [despite it being illusory].

While having to tolerate theism, humanity must strive to wean off theism as expeditiously as possible in the future [with priority on evil laden Islam]. This is a very complex process and if we start the process now, it will take a few generations to produce effective results.

In the meantime we need to be considerate with theism and theists but we need take steps immediately now to start the process of weaning off theism in the future.
I have few qualms with human beings.
Only a 'few'?

From your perspective, and from the amount of misbehaving 'you', adult human beings, do, then only a 'few' seems very little, indeed.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:13 am Our shortcomings are not our fault.
So, as an adult human being you will BLAME your OWN 'shortcomings' on some thing ELSE, other than your OWN selves.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:13 am We're just fallible mortals and arguably not even in full control of our own minds.
Who, or what, EXACTLY, is NOT in control of its own so-called "mind"?

And, what is this 'mind' thing, EXACTLY, anyway?
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:13 am If God exists OTOH, then he is responsible for this world and the suffering in it.
WHY is God responsible for the 'suffering' 'you', human beings, create for "yourselves"?

And, what do 'you' refer to God as a "he" for?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:20 am

Only a 'few'?

From your perspective, and from the amount of misbehaving 'you', adult human beings, do, then only a 'few' seems very little, indeed.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:13 am Our shortcomings are not our fault.
So, as an adult human being you will BLAME your OWN 'shortcomings' on some thing ELSE, other than your OWN selves.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:13 am We're just fallible mortals and arguably not even in full control of our own minds.

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:13 am If God exists OTOH, then he is responsible for this world and the suffering in it.
WHY is God responsible for the 'suffering' 'you', human beings, create for "yourselves"?

Age, no one creates suffering for themselves out of the desire to suffer. If we do indeed create suffering for ourselves it is out of doing what comes naturally to us. You're trying to hold others accountable for something none of us is accountable for. As far as controlling our own minds, neuroscience has proven pretty conclusively that our minds are a function of the way our physical brains are wired. People with various levels of physical damage to their brains will behave very differently than they would without that damage and can't force themselves to behave the way they
would without that damage. The fact that you continually refer to "the days when this was written" rather than talk like others on the forum, seems to indicate that you have some sort of unique brain structure unlike that of most others on the forum and I doubt you can even control the way you interact with others on this forum. It probably doesn't even occur to you that the way you correspond seems rather bizarre to many and that you might seek to change the way you correspond. You wouldn't correspond in the same manner as I do if your life depended upon it and I really don't feel any need or desire to correspond in a manner as you do. We're very different people and couldn't be each other even if we wanted to. We are not in control of our minds if we can't change the way we behave.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:03 am
Age wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:20 am

Only a 'few'?

Age, no one creates suffering for themselves out of the desire to suffer.
OF COURSE NO one creates suffering for themselves out of the desire to suffer (obviously besides who do do that) but I NEVER even suggested that, let alone said ANY thing like that, so WHY would you even bring this up now?
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:03 am If we do indeed create suffering for ourselves it is out of doing what comes naturally to us.
So, if as you propose here, the suffering you do create for yourselves is because doing that just comes 'naturally', to you, then WHY would you complain about this suffering or want to BLAME something else for this suffering?
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:03 am You're trying to hold others accountable for something none of us is accountable for.
LOL You could not be FURTHER from thee ACTUAL Truth of things here.
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:03 am
As far as controlling our own minds, neuroscience has proven pretty conclusively that our minds are a function of the way our physical brains are wired.
And what can be CLEARLY SEEN here is that you did NOT just CLARIFY the CLARIFYING QUESTION posed to you.

People with various levels of physical damage to their brains will behave very differently than they would without that damage and can't force themselves to behave the way they would without that damage.[/quote]

Who cares, and could you go any FURTHER OFF TRACK here?

I just asked you two CLARIFYING QUESTIONS regarding the 'mind' and who, EXACTLY, is not in control of that thing, and that was all here regarding this.
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:03 am The fact that you continually refer to "the days when this was written" rather than talk like others on the forum, seems to indicate that you have some sort of unique brain structure unlike that of most others on the forum and I doubt you can even control the way you interact with others on this forum.
So, you DOUBT that I can even control the way 'I' interact with 'you', on this forum, just on those six words that I OBVIOUSLY have control OVER writing, correct?
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:03 am It probably doesn't even occur to you that the way you correspond seems rather bizarre to many and that you might seek to change the way you correspond.
LOL I write the way I write, PURPOSELY, to PROVOKE the responses that I get, which I can then USE, to PROVE True the CLAIMS I have been making.

Now, would you care to just answer the CLARIFYING QUESTIONS I posed to you? Or, would you prefer to keep going on with this, obviously, DETRACTION of YOURS here?
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:03 am You wouldn't correspond in the same manner as I do if your life depended upon it and I really don't feel any need or desire to correspond in a manner as you do.
LOL

You make CLAIMS like the 'world' is a "shit hole". I just ask you clarifying questions to give you the opportunity to make "yourself" more CLEAR. OBVIOUSLY, what you CLAIM here is just plain False, Wrong, Inaccurate, and Incorrect, correct?
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:03 am We're very different people and couldn't be each other even if we wanted to.
Could you get ANYMORE OFF TRACK here now?

Has this got ANY thing to do with ANY that I have said and written here?

If yes, then 'what', EXACTLY?
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:03 am We are not in control of our minds if we can't change the way we behave.
Well if you can NOT, YET, change the way you mis/behave, then that is partly due to your continued BLAMING of "others" for what 'you', "yourself", do. As I have been POINTING OUT, SAYING, and SHOWING throughout this forum.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:35 am Well if you can NOT, YET, change the way you mis/behave, then that is partly due to your continued BLAMING of "others" for what 'you', "yourself", do. As I have been POINTING OUT, SAYING, and SHOWING throughout this forum.
I have nowhere blamed anyone else for the way I behave. As I say, we are what we are hard-wired to be. It's not any of our faults.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"Either God made this shithole or God doesn't exist."

... and on the eighth day, God looked upon what he had created... and then posted it on https://www.kaotic.com/

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:23 am
Age wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:35 am Well if you can NOT, YET, change the way you mis/behave, then that is partly due to your continued BLAMING of "others" for what 'you', "yourself", do. As I have been POINTING OUT, SAYING, and SHOWING throughout this forum.
I have nowhere blamed anyone else for the way I behave. As I say, we are what we are hard-wired to be. It's not any of our faults.
LOL So, you make the CLAIM that you have NOWHERE blamed anyone else for how you behave, BUT, you then go STRAIGHT INTO CLAIMING that how you behave is NOT 'your' fault. Which MEANS that how you behave is someone ELSE'S FAULT.

Can you REALLY NOT YET SEE this?

Post by Age »

promethean75 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:42 am "Either God made this shithole or God doesn't exist."

... and on the eighth day, God looked upon what he had created... and then posted it on https://www.kaotic.com/
What do ANY of them have to do with God, EXACTLY?

By the way, your INABILITY to confirm shows MORE about 'you' than it does about God.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:15 am
LOL So, you make the CLAIM that you have NOWHERE blamed anyone else for how you behave, BUT, you then go STRAIGHT INTO CLAIMING that how you behave is NOT 'your' fault. Which MEANS that how you behave is someone ELSE'S FAULT.

Age, do you think that people must necessarily be at fault for what we do? Is that your philosophy? Do you believe in God, Age? Do you think God is worth defending for what he's done to humanity? Are you yourself to blame for what you do to people?

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:26 am
Age wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:15 am

Age, do you think that people must necessarily be at fault for what we do?
That all depends on what you mean by the word 'fault' here.

Either people are responsible for the behavior that they choose to do or they are not, and if you choose not to be responsible for what you do, then so be it. But, you can NOT logically BLAME something else for what 'you', "yourself", choose to do.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:26 am Is that your philosophy?
I have NO so-called "philosophy".
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:26 am Do you believe in God, Age?
Until you can provide us with an IRREFUTABLE definition for the word 'God' I will leave answering this question, for now.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:26 am Do you think God is worth defending for what he's done to humanity?
WHY do 'you' give God a male gender?

What has God, supposedly, done "to humanity"?
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:26 am Are you yourself to blame for what you do to people?
YES, OF COURSE.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:59 am
Gary Childress wrote: Are you yourself to blame for what you do to people?
YES, OF COURSE.
Then maybe you should repent kiddo and not worry about what the rest of us do "in the days when this was written." Or are you an unrepentant offender?

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:51 am
Age wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:59 am
Gary Childress wrote: Are you yourself to blame for what you do to people?
YES, OF COURSE.
Then maybe you should repent kiddo and not worry about what the rest of us do "in the days when this was written." Or are you an unrepentant offender?
What are you on about here now?

You just made the CLAIM that it is NOT your fault no matter what 'you' do to "others" as 'you' are "hard-wired" to do that. I have just asked you to ELABORATE and CLARIFY. If you can NOT do that successfully, then so be it. It is NOT your fault as you are "hard-wired" that way, correct?
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Regarding religion, a quote from Albert Einstein, "It is time for humanity to grow up."

Christian conservatives, frighteningly stupid.