God is Absolute Truth that can Never not be.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

God is Absolute Truth that can Never not be.

Post by Dontaskme »

God is just another word for Absolute.

The absolute is the ultimate truth. The absolute is the case, prior to any thought about it.

You are the absolute truth.

Reality is made only of TRUTH.
Truth often seeks truth for truths sake only, and for no other sake.
Even though truth never really has a need to seek, seeking nonetheless is also all inclusive of absolute truth.

No other one can teach you absolute truth, NO BIBLE, no preacher man or woman, or any other relative thing at all, can teach you what you already know absolutely....only you can know absolute truth for yourself, and by yourself, and by no other form or method than through your own direct experience.

The idea you can find absolute truth from anywhere outside of your own being is impossible, because there is nothing outside of your own being, except more absolute truth.

There is no absolute truth to be found anywhere else other than you yourself, because there is no ''other'' than absolute truth itself, and you are that. No one can teach you, or give it to you. No one can teach you what you already are, or give you what you've already got.

Absolute truth is very simple, it is what IS, it is what is the case always and forever eternally existing.

The very idea of ''truth seeking'' is for truths sake only, which gathers enough breadcumbs until there is enough that resembles the entire cooked LOAF, and when that is realised, then you know your DONE.

After you are DONE, when you know you are being lived, and that you know you are being done, you then just get on with living an ordinary life, THE WAY every other sentient organism on this planet does.

Belinda

Re: God is Absolute Truth that can Never not be.

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:18 pm God is just another word for Absolute.

The absolute is the ultimate truth. The absolute is the case, prior to any thought about it.

Even though truth never really has a need to seek, seeking nonetheless is also all inclusive of absolute truth.

No other one can teach you absolute truth, NO BIBLE, no preacher man or woman, or any other relative thing at all, can teach you what you already know absolutely....only you can know absolute truth for yourself, and by yourself, and by no other form or method than through your own direct experience.

The idea you can find absolute truth from anywhere outside of your own being is impossible, because there is nothing outside of your own being, except more absolute truth.

There is no absolute truth to be found anywhere else other than you yourself, because there is no ''other'' than absolute truth itself, and you are that. No one can teach you, or give it to you. No one can teach you what you already are, or give you what you've already got.

Absolute truth is very simple, it is what IS, it is what is the case always and forever eternally existing.

The very idea of ''truth seeking'' is for truths sake only, which gathers enough breadcumbs until there is enough that resembles the entire cooked LOAF, and when that is realised, then you know your DONE.

After you are DONE, when you know you are being lived, that you are being done, you then just get on with living an ordinary life, THE WAY every other sentient organism on this planet does.

That is true and I agree. God's truth is necessarily the case. Similarly God's goodness is necessarily the case, and also God's beauty. Neither DAM or I claim superior mystic knowledge about God and therefore anybody can by means of natural reason understand.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Courtesy of Poetic Universe. Thank you Austin. 8)

Why There is Something—And Further Extensions

If a complete lack of anything were the case… Well ‘Nothing’ can’t be, for existence has no alternative of nonexistence, and so that notion is out and done with. There is no “case”, as in ‘fact’. ‘Nothing’ cannot even be meant, much less have any properties or be productive, and so even any notion of it is forever squashed.

So, Something had to ever be, it having no alternative, with no option not to be, with no opposite, and with no possibility of it coming from the impossible ‘Nothing’. The Something, then, is eternal, in that it is uncreated can never go away. It is Permanent as the Causeless Cause of what comes forth of it, which can only be temporaries.

The Something cannot be still and unmoving, for then naught could have become as the temporary happenings that we take as something. ‘The impossible Stillness’ thus gains single quote marks, akin to its relative of ‘Nothing’, neither one able to be.

So, the Permanent Something of Necessity as the only true and lasting real thing can only form the temporaries through various arrangements of itself in such a way that it ever remains as itself. It has to do this because it cannot be still and is thus energetic and so it has motion within it.

Its nature has to be that the Something is the simplest state of being, as partless, for it would not be Fundamental as the only cause it if were composed of parts whose fundamentality preceded its own. It also has to be continuous, because it is both unbreakable and unmakeable, not to mention again that it cannot have spacers of the nonexistent ‘Nothingness’ in it. The Something is thus an Existent that cannot not be, and that is that!

So, then, the lesser, which in this case is the least, gives rise to the elementaries, the composites, and the complex, as the temporary universe, which from our point of view as one of the temporaries might call it to be ‘greater’ in the sense that the temporary is more interesting than the simple base alone, much grander in its splendor of multiplicity, even.

The transcendental notion of the lesser having to come from a greater can now be totally thrown out, as another Impossible, and, besides, the notion leads to an infinite regress. That template is dead. It is also that not anything composite can be Fundamental, not even tiny proton, much less anything more composite or even infinitely complex, such as a Great Mind, begging the ‘question’ that didn’t even have to be begged.

So, we have the Truth, but out of curiosity as well as for the ultimate satisfaction from the Proof of confirmation, we look for the physical support to the philosophy of logic in the physics of science.

The quantum vacuum with is overall quantum field fits the bill to a T: the rather persisting elementaries form from excitations at the stable rungs of energy quanta in the quantum field. The elementaries don’t get quantized; they are the quanta. We know the rest of the story. Quantum Field Theory (QFT) gave us all of physics.

Universes may come and go, but the Permanent Existent ever remains, and anything can become of it.

So… In Review…

There is a Mandatory Permanent Continuous Simplest Non-Composite Fundamental Existent, X, as all there is, because it has no alternative or opposite to its being, for ‘Nonexistence’ can’t even be meant as something, much less be productive.

Why does X have to produce the temporary forms?

X cannot be still or naught would have become as the temporaries, thus, X is not still and so X is energetic and X ever moves.

How does X produce the temporary forms?

X has only itself available to constitute the temporary forms and so these have to be formed via arrangements of itself that can have some persistence as elementary units that have mobility.

What mobility?

X is everywhere and so the elementary units can travel about.

Why elementary?

X is the ultimate lightweight and so the first temporary forms as the elementaries must also be lightweights. The elementary units may then combine or interact to form composite elements, and we know the rest of that story from Science.

But how do we know the first part of the story from Science, as confirmation of the philosophical logic?

X would be the quantum vacuum with its overall quantum field as partless and continuous, as the simplest, mandatory, permanent existent.

A field is merely what has a value at every point, they having to fluctuate, given that there cannot be stillness. The points must tug on one another and so the field at large wavers, this wave nature leading to the necessity of the quantum aspect of stable excitation levels happening.

A model that proves to be correct in representing a field is one that has sums of the harmonic oscillations of the field points. The rather persistent elementaries occur at the stable rungs of energy excitation quanta and they are those quanta.

Wanna-be ‘elementaries’ that do not reach the right excitation level are the still real virtuals that come and go very quickly. We know of these from the Casmir effect.

Welcome to the One Existent; you are of it.

Author: Poetic Universe
Skip

Post by Skip »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:18 pm God is just another word for Absolute.
Why would you need another word for absolute, and why would that word be a particular name?
The absolute is the ultimate truth.
There is no "the absolute". It's an adjective, not a noun. The adjective can describe many things, including truth (inaccurately, since truth can only ever be relative), certainty and alcohol, but it's not the same as ultimate.
The absolute is the case, prior to any thought about it.
When you muddle the meaning of words, you muddle the concepts words are meant to describe. It's not possible to think rationally with muddled words and concepts.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Skip wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:47 am
When you muddle the meaning of words, you muddle the concepts words are meant to describe. It's not possible to think rationally with muddled words and concepts.
This is very important DAM, I want you to pay close attention to what Skip is stating. :idea:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Why would you need another word for absolute, and why would that word be a particular name?
There is only the Absolute.
No word can define the absolute, or every word defines it.

Skip wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:47 amThere is no "the absolute". It's an adjective, not a noun. The adjective can describe many things, including truth (inaccurately, since truth can only ever be relative), certainty and alcohol, but it's not the same as ultimate.
Everything is the absolute which is the reality, or the 'WHAT IS'...And when the word WHAT is pondered, a name usually comes to mind, it doesn't need to be more complicated than that. It seems that No word can define the absolute, or every word defines it. Simply because nothing that is relative can know the absolute, the absolute is already the relative. It's the only knowing there is, it's a verb. Life is a verb nouning.

You can believe this or not, you can make fun and argue my views until the cows come home, but that will not change my view regarding the absolute. All I will do is leave you to wallow in your own ignorance, you either understand metaphysics or you don't, I do not care either way.
We all know the absolute truth of reality because we are it.

Skip wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:47 amWhen you muddle the meaning of words, you muddle the concepts words are meant to describe. It's not possible to think rationally with muddled words and concepts.
That is absolutely true. Words comes with associated meaning.

The word absolute to me, means everything and nothing simultaneously. The paradox is that No word can define the absolute, or every word defines it.

It's simple metaphysics. It's like how do you define silence without filling it up with sound.

Anyways, think what you like, I'm simply discussing the topic of metaphysics, make of it what you will, will make no difference to what I am saying, for whatever you think about the absolute, will also be a relative part of the absolute, which is absolute, and not actually relative.

If I'm making a complete hash of this, then so be it. But then it's about understanding what the words are pointing to, rather than what the words mean in and of themselves as they are conceptually conceived to be.

Have fun. 8)
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Coming back to this question...

The answer to your question of why would any word be a particular name... can only be answered with another question...what is it that ''knows'' the meaning of any word...that is basically what this topic is discussing...

You see the point is, questions can only arise to the sense of a 'separate self', insofar as there appears to be a belief that there is a 'knower' and something separate from the knower to be 'known'...so what is actually happening there?

It seems that there is a need to name... and why does this need manifest...it does so because a name is the only point of reference that this apparent sense of separate self.. can relate itself to...otherwise, what are you, who are you, what is anything at all? ...ok so far ? does that make sense to you?

Also, why do we say IT'S raining, rather than just say the one word ''raining'' when rain falls from the sky.

What is this IT we are referring to?

That's pretty much what metaphysics is all about, it's about questioning...right?
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

There is no "the absolute". It's an adjective, not a noun. The adjective can describe many things, including truth (inaccurately, since truth can only ever be relative), certainty and alcohol, but it's not the same as ultimate.
While DAM is not a clear or concise writer, Dam's central enduring theme is reasonable, easy and clear.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

DAM often writes terrible prose and it is remarkable that DAM's central message survives but it does.

I myself sometimes say "God" to refer to the absolute. The reason I do so is because 'God' is what the person(s) I directly address call the Absolute. Sometimes for the sake of an argument it is best not to veer away at the tangent of whether God is a who or a what.

Similary I use 'absolute' as a noun accompanied by the definite article, for social reasons. Very often it's tangential that I prefer idealism to materialism
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

After you are DONE, when you know you are being lived, and that you know you are being done, you then just get on with living an ordinary life, THE WAY every other sentient organism on this planet does.
Empty assertions.
Meaningless ramblings
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote:
I sometimes believe so, and at other times I believe this relative world's existential status is equal to the existential status of the absolute. I hope to make up my mind sometime.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:41 pm Dontaskme wrote:
I sometimes believe so, and at other times I believe this relative world's existential status is equal to the existential status of the absolute. I hope to make up my mind sometime.
You do not need to believe so.

When you hold your hand in front of your eyes, what you see absolutely exists without doubt or error. That Existence is the absolute truth.

To call what you see something, is a fictional add on, to what already is the case.

There is no mind, mind is just an artificial conceptual overlay upon the absolute that is without any concept. In fact the absolute is inconceivably inconceivable to the mind...because mental concepts are known absolutely, so any relative knowledge of the absolute is absurd.

Also, do you make the mind or does the mind make you...and who would know the difference. No one understands this.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:50 pm
Belinda wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:41 pm Dontaskme wrote:
You do not need to believe so.

When you hold your hand in front of your eyes, what you see absolutely exists without doubt or error. That Existence is the absolute truth.

To call what you see something, is a fictional add on, to what already is the case.

There is no mind, mind is just an artificial conceptual overlay upon the absolute that is without any concept. In fact the absolute is inconceivably inconceivable to the mind...because mental concepts are known absolutely, so any relative knowledge of the absolute is absurd.

Also, do you make the mind or does the mind make you...and who would know the difference. No one understands this.

That thought helps me and I believe it. Subjective experience is undeniable.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:41 amThat thought helps me and I believe it. Subjective experience is undeniable.
Yes, absolute being is undeniable, and can never be a falsehood. There actually isn't any faslehood in reality, there is only falsehood as a concept. So there isn't even a 'subject' who is experiencing...except as concept..in reality, there's just pure raw experience. The idea that 'experience' is a 'subjective experience' or 'my experience' is a concept.

Although a ''belief'' is what infinite consciousness imagines is real within the dream of separation. A 'dream belief' is Indistinguishable from absolute truth.

There's no distinction between absolute truth and fantasy, because indistinguishable cannot be distinguished as everything is distinction which is second order, but absolute truth has no opposite. It's always and ever first order.

''Experience'' is existence.
''Experience'' cannot know non-existence.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:03 am

Belinda wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:41 amThat thought helps me and I believe it. Subjective experience is undeniable.
Yes, absolute being is undeniable, and can never be a falsehood. There actually isn't any faslehood in reality, there is only falsehood as a concept. So there isn't even a 'subject' who is experiencing...except as concept..in reality, there's just pure raw experience. The idea that 'experience' is a 'subjective experience' or 'my experience' is a concept.

Although a ''belief'' is what infinite consciousness imagines is real within the dream of separation. A 'dream belief' is Indistinguishable from absolute truth.

There's no distinction between absolute truth and fantasy, because indistinguishable cannot be distinguished as everything is distinction which is second order, but absolute truth has no opposite. It's always and ever first order.

''Experience'' is existence.
''Experience'' cannot know non-existence.
I feel I understand all that, and I agree with it. I don't know how you came to understand your theory as stated ; I came to understand it via Spinosa and the philosopher who recommended I read Spinosa .