God is Absolute Truth that can Never not be.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: God is Absolute Truth that can Never not be.

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:27 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:03 am
When you hold your hand in front of your eyes, what you see absolutely exists without doubt or error. That Existence is the absolute truth.

Belinda wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:41 amThat thought helps me and I believe it. Subjective experience is undeniable.
Yes, absolute being is undeniable, and can never be a falsehood. There actually isn't any faslehood in reality, there is only falsehood as a concept. So there isn't even a 'subject' who is experiencing...except as concept..in reality, there's just pure raw experience. The idea that 'experience' is a 'subjective experience' or 'my experience' is a concept.

Although a ''belief'' is what infinite consciousness imagines is real within the dream of separation. A 'dream belief' is Indistinguishable from absolute truth.

There's no distinction between absolute truth and fantasy, because indistinguishable cannot be distinguished as everything is distinction which is second order, but absolute truth has no opposite. It's always and ever first order.

''Experience'' is existence.
''Experience'' cannot know non-existence.
I feel I understand all that, and I agree with it. I don't know how you came to understand your theory as stated ; I came to understand it via Spinosa and the philosopher who recommended I read Spinosa .
Spinoza believed that God is “the sum of the natural and physical laws of the universe and certainly not an individual entity or creator”. ... Therefore, God is just the sum of all the substances of the universe. God is the only substance in the universe, and everything is a part of God.

Yes Belinda, I too came to understand God through Spinoza. You are God. God cannot kill itself for that would require two things: ( a killer and the thing killed ) Similarly, God cannot birth itself, that would require two things: ( the birther and the thing birthed) OR put another way ( the knower and the known )

So, that realisation for me, was the easiest way I came to know the ONENESS that is God, and that I AM God.

There is only God, infinitely forever. The Oneness that Advaita Vendanta teaches is that Oneness means totality, and the death of the illusory sense of I is known as unification of duality into nonduality. And that both duality and nonduality are absolutely indistinguishable.

Everything that can possibly exist, aka existence itself is wholly complete and here right now, nowhere. When the concept of you dies, which it does within the conceptual dream of separation, there's just a dissolving back into infinite consciousness which is LOVE
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:46 pm
Belinda wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:27 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:03 am

Yes, absolute being is undeniable, and can never be a falsehood. There actually isn't any faslehood in reality, there is only falsehood as a concept. So there isn't even a 'subject' who is experiencing...except as concept..in reality, there's just pure raw experience. The idea that 'experience' is a 'subjective experience' or 'my experience' is a concept.

Although a ''belief'' is what infinite consciousness imagines is real within the dream of separation. A 'dream belief' is Indistinguishable from absolute truth.

There's no distinction between absolute truth and fantasy, because indistinguishable cannot be distinguished as everything is distinction which is second order, but absolute truth has no opposite. It's always and ever first order.

''Experience'' is existence.
''Experience'' cannot know non-existence.
I feel I understand all that, and I agree with it. I don't know how you came to understand your theory as stated ; I came to understand it via Spinosa and the philosopher who recommended I read Spinosa .
Spinoza believed that God is “the sum of the natural and physical laws of the universe and certainly not an individual entity or creator”. ... Therefore, God is just the sum of all the substances of the universe. God is the only substance in the universe, and everything is a part of God.

Yes Belinda, I too came to understand God through Spinoza. You are God. God cannot kill itself for that would require two things: ( a killer and the thing killed ) Similarly, God cannot birth itself, that would require two things: ( the birther and the thing birthed) OR put another way ( the knower and the known )

So, that realisation for me, was the easiest way I came to know the ONENESS that is God, and that I AM God.

There is only God, infinitely forever. The Oneness that Advaita Vendanta teaches is that Oneness means totality, and the death of the illusory sense of I is known as unification of duality into nonduality. And that both duality and nonduality are absolutely indistinguishable.

Everything that can possibly exist, aka existence itself is wholly complete and here right now, nowhere. When the concept of you dies, which it does within the conceptual dream of separation, there's just a dissolving back into infinite consciousness which is LOVE
And that both duality and nonduality are absolutely indistinguishable.
It's nice to be able to see both duality and nonduality , as those are both real , and Oneness encompasses both duality and nonduality.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:06 pm It's nice to be able to see both duality and nonduality , as those are both real , and Oneness encompasses both duality and nonduality.
Thanks Belinda... :D

When we speak of the idea of ''KNOWING'' thy self...there is a duality there. Duality is all that is known, insofar as a thing known can only be known in association with the idea of ''not a thing''. We can only know 'a thing' IS 'a thing' ...because 'a thing' CANNOT NOT be 'a thing' that is known as 'thing'.. :o see!

It's a very simple realisation. And I understand I am only preaching to the choir, because there is only SELF, one without a second.

We know, meaning, everything knows, existence has always existed. The fact that existence is known without doubt or error, means that we have existed forever, we know this is known, because the very idea of non-existence is impossible to know. Existence has no opposite, only within the dream world that is 'duality' are opposites known as and through concepts...which is distinction.

There is only the absolute truth. Which is always the case, else you would not be able to experience it.

This is what Nonduality teaches, it's pointing us back to the everything and nothing that we are. The fact that we exist and know we exist as and through direct experience, means we must have always existed.

No thing comes into the world as a separate entity, all things come out of what already exists.

And this is the peace that passes all understanding.

The Christians have got it all backass backwards....they preach 'eternal life' is something you have to earn, as if it's something beyond your reach, that you have to strive for, like it's something you have to get. This idea is pure distortion.

You are already the case, there is nothing to get, and nowhere to go to get it, it's always right here and now, nowhere.

You are always and ever NEVER NOT HERE. And that knowing is the entrance into Nonduality.

The 'ego' clings onto it's conceptual identity, never quite grasping that a 'limited appearance' is but a perfect and absolute expression of it's true self, which is God.

It's all just a case of mistaken identity, where the ego refuses to die. Never knowing that it is only through death of the ego, is the absolute known. And all that takes is a mental shift, also known as a paradigm shift.

The contradiction of ( there is 'no self' ) is a necessary mental function within the realm of knowledge.

There is 'no self' ...implies there is a self....see how that works?... we can only know something in association with it's equal and exact opposite...and this is known as duality, which is already couched within what is always Nondual...because nondual reality can never be two, there is nothing outside of absolutely everything.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:20 am
Belinda wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:06 pm It's nice to be able to see both duality and nonduality , as those are both real , and Oneness encompasses both duality and nonduality.
Thanks Belinda... :D

When we speak of the idea of ''KNOWING'' thy self...there is a duality there. Duality is all that is known, insofar as a thing known can only be known in association with the idea of ''not a thing''. We can only know 'a thing' IS 'a thing' ...because 'a thing' CANNOT NOT be 'a thing' that is known as 'thing'.. :o see!

It's a very simple realisation. And I understand I am only preaching to the choir, because there is only SELF, one without a second.

We know, meaning, everything knows, existence has always existed. The fact that existence is known without doubt or error, means that we have existed forever, we know this is known, because the very idea of non-existence is impossible to know. Existence has no opposite, only within the dream world that is 'duality' are opposites known as and through concepts...which is distinction.

There is only the absolute truth. Which is always the case, else you would not be able to experience it.

This is what Nonduality teaches, it's pointing us back to the everything and nothing that we are. The fact that we exist and know we exist as and through direct experience, means we must have always existed.

No thing comes into the world as a separate entity, all things come out of what already exists.

And this is the peace that passes all understanding.

The Christians have got it all backass backwards....they preach 'eternal life' is something you have to earn, as if it's something beyond your reach, that you have to strive for, like it's something you have to get. This idea is pure distortion.

You are already the case, there is nothing to get, and nowhere to go to get it, it's always right here and now, nowhere.

You are always and ever NEVER NOT HERE. And that knowing is the entrance into Nonduality.

The 'ego' clings onto it's conceptual identity, never quite grasping that a 'limited appearance' is but a perfect and absolute expression of it's true self, which is God.

It's all just a case of mistaken identity, where the ego refuses to die. Never knowing that it is only through death of the ego, is the absolute known. And all that takes is a mental shift, also known as a paradigm shift.

The contradiction of ( there is 'no self' ) is a necessary mental function within the realm of knowledge.

There is 'no self' ...implies there is a self....see how that works?... we can only know something in association with it's equal and exact opposite...and this is known as duality, which is already couched within what is always Nondual...because nondual reality can never be two, there is nothing outside of absolutely everything.
If Atman is Brahman then Brahman is also Atman. Two aspects of the same Oneness.

To put this another way, there are individuals such as individual horses, individual eggs, individual coronaviruses. And there is also the illusion that individual things have more substance than dreams. But still we do experience things as separate, individual, and unique. Each of these individuals is Atman, and each of these individuals is also Brahman.

The psychological experience of self is a fact, and the psychological experience of Brahman is also a fact ( unfortunately a less--known fact). Oneness includes all psychological experiecnes. Oneness, unlike some ideas of God, does not judge which selves are good and which selves are bad.

Advaita vedanta holds that Brahman is the same as Oneness. This is unlike the philosophy of Spinoza, and also unlike Christianity. Spinoza and Christianity view the oneness of nature and nature's individual selves as two aspects of a reality beyond those two. God-or- Nature has infinite aspects of which we can know nothing at all.
I am quite sorry to part ways with you here as your understanding of the illusion of self is rare on this forum.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:18 am
If Atman is Brahman then Brahman is also Atman. Two aspects of the same Oneness.

To put this another way, there are individuals such as individual horses, individual eggs, individual coronaviruses. And there is also the illusion that individual things have more substance than dreams. But still we do experience things as separate, individual, and unique. Each of these individuals is Atman, and each of these individuals is also Brahman.

The psychological experience of self is a fact, and the psychological experience of Brahman is also a fact ( unfortunately a less--known fact). Oneness includes all psychological experiecnes. Oneness, unlike some ideas of God, does not judge which selves are good and which selves are bad.

Advaita vedanta holds that Brahman is the same as Oneness. This is unlike the philosophy of Spinoza, and also unlike Christianity. Spinoza and Christianity view the oneness of nature and nature's individual selves as two aspects of a reality beyond those two. God-or- Nature has infinite aspects of which we can know nothing at all.
I am quite sorry to part ways with you here as your understanding of the illusion of self is rare on this forum.
Parting ways is just a belief there is one who can leave what one has in reality never entered. A belief is a fiction, not reality. Reality has no beliefs.

''Individual'' means unity or single. Which is always what is, was and ever will be...as this singularity without a second.

Be proud to be a tin foil hat wearer - Your mental health is your Wealth. 8)

All known Gods are aspects of the same one God, conceptually, metaphorically, speaking.

Difference where there is none. Just the same ONE LOVE dreaming difference where there is none.

Nonduality is not a belief, Belinda, Nonduality is the all that is, was and ever will be, pure direct experience. One doesn't need to believe that a hand held in front of the eye exists..the hand exists absolutely.

All religious ideas are pointing to the exact same idea... how those ideas are interpreted come in many, many forms...all appearances are many of the one...of what is essentially at base-level...absolutely formless.

Skip

Post by Skip »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:54 am
There is only the Absolute.
No word can define the absolute, or every word defines it.
That means nothing.

And when the word WHAT is pondered, a name usually comes to mind
Your mind, possibly. WHAT is not that a big a deal to most people: they just think of things. Inanimate objects, maybe landscapes, maybe ideas - a what certainly doesn't morph into a god in most minds.
It seems that No word can define the absolute, or every word defines it. Simply because nothing that is relative can know the absolute, the absolute is already the relative.
Still doesn't mean anything. But it sounds portentous or pretentious or something.

Words comes with associated meaning.
In language intended for communication, a shared meaning, yes.
The word absolute to me, means everything and nothing simultaneously.

Or, a word invented by people to communicate something to other people can have a particular, personal meaning to someone, at which point it becomes a fetish - useless for communication with others.
It's simple metaphysics.
Well, there's your problem, right there!
Skip

Post by Skip »

Belinda wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:56 am I myself sometimes say "God" to refer to the absolute.
So, it's just another polite word for the g-word. Okay. But why not just say God, if you believe in one?
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Skip wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:25 am
Belinda wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:56 am I myself sometimes say "God" to refer to the absolute.
So, it's just another polite word for the g-word. Okay. But why not just say God, if you believe in one?
'God' is not a euphemism but is a personal name. If somebody totally believes the ground of being is a person,then if I want to theologically communicate with him then I accept it as a given that the personal Absolute exists.

One has to be practical in order to explain ideas to novices.
Skip

Post by Skip »

Belinda wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:42 pm
'God' is not a euphemism but is a personal name. If somebody totally believes the ground of being is a person,then if I want to theologically communicate with him then I accept it as a given that the personal Absolute exists.

I have no idea what that means. If you believe in God, why not call him God when you're talking to him? Millions of people do, every day.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Skip wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:58 am
Belinda wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:42 pm

I have no idea what that means. If you believe in God, why not call him God when you're talking to him? Millions of people do, every day.
Sure!
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:54 am
There is only the Absolute.
No word can define the absolute, or every word defines it.
Skip wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:53 amThat means nothing.
All meaning is made of the fundamental consciousness that knows it, indistinguishable from it.
So in that realisation, all meaning, is fundamentally meaningless.

And when the word WHAT is pondered, a name usually comes to mind
Skip wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:53 amYour mind, possibly. WHAT is not that a big a deal to most people: they just think of things. Inanimate objects, maybe landscapes, maybe ideas - a what certainly doesn't morph into a god in most minds.
God is an idea like every other thing. Things known, are Indistinguishable from the knowing.
It seems that No word can define the absolute, or every word defines it. Simply because nothing that is relative can know the absolute, the absolute is already the relative.
Skip wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:53 amStill doesn't mean anything. But it sounds portentous or pretentious or something.
It's just knowingness, that's all. It's just pure consciousness taking the shape of meaning, or it's taking the shape of meaningless thinking and form. It's just pure conscious knowing perceiving and seeming to be something other than itself.In other words, conception and perception are faculties or qualities of mind, which is just another word for consciousness. Indistinguishable from it.

The word absolute to me, means everything and nothing simultaneously.
Skip wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:53 amOr, a word invented by people to communicate something to other people can have a particular, personal meaning to someone, at which point it becomes a fetish - useless for communication with others.
All words are invented, namely, imagined. People communicate with imagined others, while in reality, communication is an appearance of consciousness which is indistinguishable from consciousness. Make of this communication what you will, but it's an absolute fact that what is known is indistinguishable from the knower.
Skip

Post by Skip »

Oh, OK then.
davejay

Post by davejay »

There is no God - Trust me.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

God is not what thought thinks it is.

God is the eternal now right here as this immediate presence. Every known thing is indistinguishable from this presence. This presence is the knowing. One without a second.

Eternal life is not some christain idea that a person has to earn for being a good, faithful and adoring loving entity grateful for it's existence...that's just a conceptual dream story known by the eternal presence that is here right NOW.

Eternity is right NOW .. always is, was, and ever will be.

Knowledge is the central point of reference that can only refer to itself as this immediate presence now which is everywhere and now here all at once, one without a second. NOW is the only place where reality happens and is real. NOW is forever. Now is eternal. NOW is infinity. NOW never moves or ages. NOW is God.

Conceptual knowledge = Many words for the same ''One Thing''.. that thing is NOW.. this immediate ABSOLUTE KNOWING .. KNOWER AND KNOWN are ONE = KNOWING.

Reality is a verb, and a noun is verb nouning, in other words only and ever a manifestation of the ONE...many of one is the illusion of duality, the manifestion of nonduality.

No ''thought'' is needed to be in order for presence to be, for presence is first order... ''thought'' is knowledge a superimposition upon immediate presence, in other words, the illusion of ''otherness'' The illusion of subject and object separation where there is none.

Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:18 pm God is just another word for Absolute.
No it isn't.

The absolute is the ultimate truth.
No it is not.
The absolute is the case, prior to any thought about it.
Rubbish. Absolute is a human conceit. Humans were not the first thing in the universe therefore absolute has many priors.

You are the absolute truth.
Thank you.
You are not.
You are not even close.

Reality is made only of TRUTH.
Wrong. fake things are real too.
Truth often seeks truth for truths sake only, and for no other sake.
Abstract comcepts do not seek, since they have no volition.
Even though truth never really has a need to seek, seeking nonetheless is also all inclusive of absolute truth.
It cannot seek.
Yawn!