Good and evil

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Good and evil

Post by Gary Childress »

Are there separate spirits, gods or whatever in the world, one representing good and the other evil? And if there are, which God is more powerful and why do you think that is so (i.e. what evidence do you think exists for the predominance of one over the other)?
seeds

Re: Good and evil

Post by seeds »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:39 pm Are there separate spirits, gods or whatever in the world, one representing good and the other evil?
No.
_______
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

seeds wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:44 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:39 pm Are there separate spirits, gods or whatever in the world, one representing good and the other evil?
No.
_______
Do you believe in a single God or spirit or no god(s) at all?
seeds

Post by seeds »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:52 pm
No.
_______
I believe that the universe is the mind of a singular entity. And just as there are no unincarnate spirits inhabiting your own mind, likewise, there are none inhabiting God's mind.

I also believe that the word "God" comes with too much negative baggage, and thus we need a new way of visualizing a living (incorporeal) consciousness who has evolved to such a point that it makes us humans seem like amoebas in comparison.
_______
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

seeds wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:18 pm
No.
_______
I believe that the universe is the mind of a singular entity. And just as there are no unincarnate spirits inhabiting your own mind, likewise, there are none inhabiting God's mind.

I also believe that the word "God" comes with too much negative baggage, and thus we need a new way of visualizing a living (incorporeal) consciousness who has evolved to such a point that it makes us humans seem like amoebas in comparison.
_______
So, are you and I not separate from this singular mind/entity? Or are we separate minds from it?
seeds

Post by seeds »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:10 am

_______
So, are you and I not separate from this singular mind/entity? Or are we separate minds from it?
I suggest that our bodies and brains are not separate from this entity, for they are created from the living (holographic-like) mental fabric of the entity's very being

However, our minds, which are momentarily encapsulated within this higher Being's mental fabric, are indeed separate from it (kind of like a parallel universe), and will be completely separated from it at the moment of death.
_______
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

seeds wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:45 am

_______
I suggest that our bodies and brains are not separate from this entity, for they are created from the living (holographic-like) mental fabric of the entity's very being

However, our minds, which are momentarily encapsulated within this higher Being's mental fabric, are indeed separate from it (kind of like a parallel universe), and will be completely separated from it at the moment of death.
_______
So you're saying when we die, our minds will NOT merge back into this mental singularity?
seeds

Post by seeds »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:27 am

_______
So you're saying when we die, our minds will NOT merge back into this mental singularity?
I don't know what you are visualizing when you say "...merge back into this mental singularity...", but if you are thinking of that tired old concept of the "water droplet returning to the ocean from whence it came" business, then no. For I believe there is something far more wonderful (and purposeful) awaiting us.

What I am saying is that when we die, our minds will be "born-out" of this universe imbued with the same potential as its Creator, and that we will eventually evolve to the point where we will be able to create our own universe out of the fabric of our own personal being, just as the Creator of this universe has done.
_______
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

seeds wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:53 am

_______
I don't know what you are visualizing when you say "...merge back into this mental singularity...", but if you are thinking of that tired old concept of the "water droplet returning to the ocean from whence it came" business, then no. For I believe there is something far more wonderful (and purposeful) awaiting us.

What I am saying is that when we die, our minds will be "born-out" of this universe imbued with the same potential as its Creator, and that we will eventually evolve to the point where we will be able to create our own universe out of the fabric of our own personal being, just as the Creator of this universe has done.
_______
That's an interesting take on things. Is that part of a known religion or philosophy or is that your own speculation on things?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Yes.

They are known as mental constructions.

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:39 pmAnd if there are, which God is more powerful and why do you think that is so (i.e. what evidence do you think exists for the predominance of one over the other)?
There is no 'mental construction' known as ''evil'' and ''good'' that is more powerful than the other.

They are both equal and complimentary opposites, essentially present defining the one from the other as inseparable conjoined twins.

Post by Age »

What there are, are 'thoughts'. These 'thoughts' are invisible, like spirits are not visible. These 'thoughts' are as separate, as they exist separately in individual separate human bodies. These human bodies also contain 'good' AND 'bad' 'thoughts'.

What also exists is A 'Mind'. This 'Mind' is also invisible, like the Spirit is not visible. This 'Mind' is not separate, as there is only One 'Mind'. The 'Mind', however, exists within ALL. ALL human bodies contain this Truly OPEN and ALWAYS existing 'Mind'. This 'Mind' is what guides ALL human beings to what is ACTUALLY 'good' AND 'bad'.

This 'Mind' is also known as 'God', in the Spiritual sense, or thee Teacher, Tutor, Guider, or Inspiration within.

There is only One God, in the invisible, or the Spirit, sense, but there is also only One God, in the visible, or the Creator, sense. Together, the invisible and visible make up thee One and ONLY God, also known as thee Universe, Itself.

There are, however, many visible individual and separate human bodies, with invisible individual and separate human 'thoughts' within. To separate and distinguish between 'thoughts', which can be 'good' or 'bad, from the 'Mind', which can only be 'Go(o)d' I use the word 'souls' to refer to the individual, different 'thoughts' from thee One and ONLY 'Spirit' (of) God.

God, or thee Mind, and the 'good' thoughts/thinking just representing 'Good', and the 'bad' thoughts/thinking just representing 'bad' or 'evil'. How to distinguish between the two and KNOW, without ANY doubt, what IS 'good' and what IS 'wrong' or 'evil' is just done by KNOWING what could be AGREED WITH and ACCEPTED by EVERY one, from just that what 'you', individual human beings 'think', or 'thought', is 'good' and 'bad'.
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:39 pm And if there are, which God is more powerful and why do you think that is so (i.e. what evidence do you think exists for the predominance of one over the other)?
There is ONLY One 'God', which exists in the visible sense, which can be clearly seen by physical matter, AND, in the invisible sense, which cannot be seen with nor by the physical eyes.

But WHY there has been confusion, in the past, about who and what is 'more powerful' or 'less powerful' is just because the 'good' AND 'bad' exists ONLY within human thinking, which cannot be seen physically, and can be very hard to decipher when it is thoughts/thinking is, literally, the 'you', which although TELLS the human body what to do, it is 'you' who obtains 'your' desires and wants from the human body.

However, through the OPEN Mind is HOW 'you', human beings, have been evolving and continually learning and becoming wiser. The (ALWAYS Truly OPEN) Mind is OBVIOUSLY FAR MORE POWERFUL than ANY 'thought', and to find and see thee ACTUAL PROOF of this one just needs to LOOK and LISTEN from thee (Truly OPEN) Mind, instead of from thoughts or what they think is right.

More and further evidence AND PROOF that thee Mind is predominant over thoughts and thinking one just needs to look back at human history and SEE just how human beings have created absolutely EVERY thing that they have. For absolutely EVERY thing that human beings have created and will create EVERY one of them was 'thought' to be IMPOSSIBLE, but with and through thee OPEN Mind EVERY one was able to come to fruition.

The Mind is the predominant or more powerful (big) Being, whereas thoughts/thinking (and emotions) are just 'you', the (little) human being.

Post by Age »

No.
_______
I believe that the universe is the mind of a singular entity.
Could it be possible that ALL the physical matter of the whole Universe, which is continually changing in shape and form, be the singular Entity mentioned here, and the Mind, (the OPENNESS and Creator) within the Universe, Itself, also be a singular Entity, but which exists as One WITH thee Universe?

And, OF COURSE, this could be much better worded.
seeds wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:18 pm And just as there are no unincarnate spirits inhabiting your own mind, likewise, there are none inhabiting God's mind.
Could the word 'Mind' just refer to the OPENNESS that exists, within the Universe, where a physical form, and being, has been allowed to evolve, and continue to evolve, with the ability to learn, understand, reason, and create absolutely ANY thing, where what has been wanted to be created has been allowed to happen and occur?
seeds wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:18 pm I also believe that the word "God" comes with too much negative baggage,
What are examples of just some of this supposed "too much negative baggage"?

From what I have observed EVERY thing that relates to God is ACTUALLY good, which carries with it positivity.
seeds wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:18 pm and thus we need a new way of visualizing a living (incorporeal) consciousness who has evolved to such a point that it makes us humans seem like amoebas in comparison.
_______
Are you suggesting here that God, Itself, ALSO evolves?

If yes, then does Its evolution change at the same rate as, let us say, 'human evolution'?
Last edited by Age on Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Age »

_______
ALL human and physical bodies, and physical matter like brains, are NOT separate from the physical matter of thee Universe, AND, all human beings, and invisible matter like thoughts (and emotions), are NOT separate from the 'mental' fabric of thee Entity's Being, Itself.

The difference, however, between the 'human being' and thee 'Entity's Being' is that one only KNOWS, whereas the other one only THINKS. Which one is which should be OBVIOUS, by NOW.

That is; there is only 'One Being', which KNOWS EVERY thing AND KNOW what is ACTUALLY Right from Wrong, whereas the 'other beings' only THINK they know Right from Wrong, with some even THINKING they know everything.
seeds wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:45 am However, our minds, which are momentarily encapsulated within this higher Being's mental fabric, are indeed separate from it (kind of like a parallel universe), and will be completely separated from it at the moment of death.
_______
Thoughts/thinking are momentarily encapsulated withing thee higher Being mental fabric, of Mind, when a human body is existing and creating new thoughts, but bad thoughts are indeed separate from Mind, whereas good thoughts are inseparable from thee Mind.

Thoughts, and thinking, STOPS occurring when the body STOPS breathing and pumping blood, or as some refer to as 'the moment of death'.

Post by Age »

_______
Thoughts, which is the ACTUAL Correct word and term for what is Wrongly called "our minds" or "human minds", NEVER merge "back" into this 'mental singularity'. And, this is because they NEVER 'leave' this 'mental singularity'. This is because there is NO other world NOR place. There is only this One and ONLY Universe, which is the ONLY place, where absolutely EVERY thing exists, happens, AND occurs.

Post by Age »

seeds wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:53 am

_______
When you say, "there is something far more wonderful (and purposeful) 'awaiting us', are you visualizing that tired old concept of "its all about 'me', and what happens to 'me', when 'i' die, and hope (to God) with absolutely EVERY thing, that 'i' will last FOREVER in ever-lasting peace and happiness"? Then you WILL BE very sadly MISTAKEN. This is because you will NEVER be-gotten TAKEN there.

The reason WHY this completely Wrong and MIS-TAKEN 'interpretation' can be VERY EASILY explained and VERY SIMPLY understood. Also, what thee ACTUAL Truth IS, and what happens AND occurs AFTER the human body STOPS breathing and pumping blood can ALSO be VERY EASILY explained, and VERY SIMPLY understood, as well.
seeds wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:53 am What I am saying is that when we die, our minds will be "born-out" of this universe imbued with the same potential as its Creator,
I suggest BEFORE 'you', human beings, start TELLING "each other" what happens and occurs AFTER human bodies STOP breathing and pumping blood, 'you' ALL come-together, peacefully, FIRST and START agreeing on and accepting what the term "our minds" ACTUALLY means and refers to, EXACTLY. This way you can start FULLY understanding what each of 'you', beings, are actually talking about and saying to "each other".

Do you have ANY proof, or at least ANY evidence, for this BELIEF of yours that EVERY one of 'you', beings, becomes to have the SAME potential as the Creator Being, with the ability to Create a whole new Universe, after the human bodies, 'you' exist within now, stop existing in the 'living form'?

If you do NOT have ANY proof, or even some evidence, for this BELIEF of yours, then WHY are you saying this sort of thing?
seeds wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:53 am and that we will eventually evolve to the point where we will be able to create our own universe out of the fabric of our own personal being, just as the Creator of this universe has done.
_______
And WHERE did "thee" Creator of "this" Universe come from, EXACTLY?

And then, WHERE did "thee" Creator of "that" Universe come from, EXACTLY?

And then, WHERE did the "first" Creator of ALL-OF-THIS come from, EXACTLY?

Also, WHERE could ALL of these "other" Universes exist, EXACTLY, if the word 'Universe' refers to ALL-OF-THIS, or Everything?