Religion is nothing more than a Belief

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Religion is nothing more than a Belief

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:16 pmAre you AWARE that you are completely FREE to create your own website or web page, or your own blog, and write absolutely ANY thing down while all the time NOT allowing absolutely ANY one to respond to you?
Yes I am aware of that.

However, I choose to write on this forum, because I enjoy interacting with myself, it's really that simple. I have no friends except the ones I make up from my imagination. My imaginary friends are what amuse me. I enjoy amusing myself by inventing other people who appear to talk to me, and respond to be, and that makes me laugh. I like to be my real true self. But I haven't in the past been able to be my true self on other forums, because those other forums have always banned me for being my true self. It's as if they just wanted to silence me or something. I don't really know the real reason why I got banned from other forums....hang on, actually I did get informed by one forum founder that I was banned because I was bad for business... meaning, the forum was trying to make money from adverts, and I was scaring the readers away with my content...but yeah, that just about sums up this world really, it's all about what's good for business and what isn't...so I guess being your real authentic self is not good for business, instead one is expected to be fake, and I cannot do fake, it's just not in my nature. :roll:

I'm not forcing anyone to respond to me. Either people want to respond or they don't. I do not give a flying fart either way.

Is this too difficult for you to understand? :shock:

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:16 pm
AGAIN, I neither believe nor disbelieve "other people" have BELIEFS.

When people just say, "I believe ...", like you have just done above, then that is THEM, and YOUR, telling US that you and they REALLY do have BELIEFS.
Then there is no need to suggest or believe that the information is true or real.

Unless you believe the information is true and real. But since you have already declared you neither believe or disbelieve ''others' have beliefs...then I get it, all you are saying is that belief is a myth, ok fine, I know what you are driving at, you are basically saying there is no such thing as a belief, or a believer..and I get that, ok.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:16 pmOkay, but your "immediate family" might be feeling somewhat NEGLECTED.
Is that a belief you have?

Do you actually believe that my ''immediate family'' feel somewhat neglected because I am choosing to spend my private time posting stuff I've made up with my imagination, on this forum?

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:23 pm
Age wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:16 pmAre you AWARE that you are completely FREE to create your own website or web page, or your own blog, and write absolutely ANY thing down while all the time NOT allowing absolutely ANY one to respond to you?
Yes I am aware of that.

However, I choose to write on this forum, because I enjoy interacting with myself, it's really that simple.
Are you really only able to interact with "yourself" here in this forum ONLY?
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:23 pm I have no friends except the ones I make up from my imagination.
Okay.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:23 pm My imaginary friends are what amuse me.
Okay.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:23 pm I enjoy amusing myself by inventing other people who appear to talk to me, and respond to be, and that makes me laugh.
Okay.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:23 pm I like to be my real true self.
This sounds VERY CONTRADICTORY from what you have previously said and claimed, but okay.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:23 pm But I haven't in the past been able to be my true self on other forums, because those other forums have always banned me for being my true self. It's as if they just wanted to silence me or something. I don't really know the real reason why I got banned from other forums....hang on, actually I did get informed by one forum founder that I was banned because I was bad for business... meaning, the forum was trying to make money from adverts, and I was scaring the readers away with my content...
That is another way of just saying, "You are a nutcase, now piss off. You are banned".

Like 'you' "others" just pretend as well.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:23 pm but yeah, that just about sums up this world really, it's all about what's good for business and what isn't...so I guess being your real authentic self is not good for business, instead one is expected to be fake, and I cannot do fake, it's just not in my nature. :roll:
So, "your" "real authentic self" is just one who likes to pretend, correct?
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:23 pm I'm not forcing anyone to respond to me.
There was NEVER even the ASSUMPTION of this, let alone EVER the saying of this. So, WHY did you make this comment here?
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:23 pm Either people want to respond or they don't. I do not give a flying fart either way.

Is this too difficult for you to understand? :shock:

You have gone off on some tangent here that NO one, besides 'you', was even thinking about NOR talking about.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:34 pm
Age wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:16 pm
AGAIN, I neither believe nor disbelieve "other people" have BELIEFS.

When people just say, "I believe ...", like you have just done above, then that is THEM, and YOUR, telling US that you and they REALLY do have BELIEFS.
Then there is no need to suggest or believe that the information is true or real.
NO one EVER said NOR even thought that there was this need.

ONCE AGAIN, you have made ASSUMPTIONS, and are FOLLOWING those ASSUMPTIONS, which were NEVER even thought NOR discussed by ANY one, besides 'you'.

I was just POINTING OUT how I KNOW 'you' and "others" HAVE and HOLD ONTO and MAINTAIN BELIEFS.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:34 pm Unless you believe the information is true and real. But since you have already declared you neither believe or disbelieve ''others' have beliefs...then I get it, all you are saying is that belief is a myth, ok fine, I know what you are driving at, you are basically saying there is no such thing as a belief, or a believer..and I get that, ok.

But I am NOT saying such things AT ALL.

ONCE AGAIN, your ASSUMPTIONS here are leading you VERY ASTRAY.

Also, that is just what you ALREADY BELIEVED is true anyway, correct?

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:40 pm
Age wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:16 pmOkay, but your "immediate family" might be feeling somewhat NEGLECTED.
Is that a belief you have?
No.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:40 pm Do you actually believe that my ''immediate family'' feel somewhat neglected because I am choosing to spend my private time posting stuff I've made up with my imagination, on this forum?
No.

You have ALREADY INFORMED US that you, have NO OTHER AGENDA apart from passing the time posting on this forum, you like pretending you know stuff and posting it on this forum. And that that is ALL you want to do with your life. You even wrote, okay, after this so as to reinforce that we understand you correctly, and fully.

Now, you have CLEARLY STATED that you have NO OTHER AGENDA than posting on this forum, and that positing on this forum is ALL that you want to do with your life, which CLEARLY MEANS you do NOT want to give ANY of your time to ANY thing else, which obviously includes ANY one "else". So, there is NOTHING to 'believe' here, as you have made what you REALLY want KNOWN, and very CLEARLY also I will add.

Although what you have said and CLAIMED here may NOT be thee FULL and ACTUAL Truth of things, this is what you have CLEARLY STATED here.

So, I do NOT actually believe ANY of what you said and wrote here. I KNOW what you said and wrote here. As thee PROVE is HERE for ALL to SEE.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:16 pmAlthough what you have said and CLAIMED here may NOT be thee FULL and ACTUAL Truth of things, this is what you have CLEARLY STATED here.

So, I do NOT actually believe ANY of what you said and wrote here. I KNOW what you have said and wrote here. As thee PROVE is HERE for ALL to SEE.
Yes, you are correct, I really did say all those things that you know I said because you read the the things I said.

I said it's ALL I want to do with my life....to which you replied...''but your "immediate family" might be feeling somewhat NEGLECTED.''

So yes, I guess I lied, when I said the word ( ALL ) the ALL was an exaggeration, which is a common human trait. It was just something I said in the moment, I said ALL without any intention to deceive. The ALL word just slipped out, it wasn't meant to be taken literally in a bonafide sense.

So you are correct, I should have said ...I want to spend a ''PARTIAL'' time of my life on this forum....yes, I should have said that, instead of saying I want to spend (ALL) of my time on this forum.

I made a ( duration) error which prompted you to imagine that if I spent ALL my time here, then I would have no time left to spend with my family, and so with that reasoning, you are correct to say what you said about neglecting my family.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:27 am

Age wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:16 pmAlthough what you have said and CLAIMED here may NOT be thee FULL and ACTUAL Truth of things, this is what you have CLEARLY STATED here.

So, I do NOT actually believe ANY of what you said and wrote here. I KNOW what you have said and wrote here. As thee PROVE is HERE for ALL to SEE.
Yes, you are correct, I really did say all those things that you know I said because you read the the things I said.

I said it's ALL I want to do with my life....to which you replied...''but your "immediate family" might be feeling somewhat NEGLECTED.''

So yes, I guess I lied, when I said the word ( ALL ) the ALL was an exaggeration, which is a common human trait.
THANK YOU PROFUSELY for:

1, NOTICING

2, RECOGNIZING.

And,

3, ACKNOWLEDGING

That you just said some thing, which was an exaggeration, and which led to being just a 'lie', 'non truth', or not thee full and actual Truth of things. And, this is a GREAT EXAMPLE of WHY I continually say that thee ACTUAL Truth of things can be found, when just the Right words/language is found, and used.

Also, speaking 'exaggaratingly' or just 'non truthfully' is ACTUALLY NOT a 'human trait' but rather just ANOTHER one of the MANY learned Wrong behaviors, which 'you', adult human beings, do VERY FREQUENTLY.

By the way, saying, " 'it' is a human trait ", and a "common one", or not, at that, is just ANOTHER way 'you', adult human beings, 'try to' "justify" your just Wrong behaviors,

Like when saying, "it is only a 'white' lie", as though ANY 'lie' AT ALL is somehow "justifiable", at times, is just an ATTEMPT at 'trying to' "justify" one's lying misbehaving.

But anyway THANK YOU again for FINALLY recognizing AND seeing what I have been POINTING OUT and SAYING ALL along here, although I have only been saying it in a way that only thee Truly OPEN could and would SEE what I have been SAYING and POINTING OUT. SEE, I have been 'talking' and 'pointing out' in a way that was only being ALLUDED to, to those who are CLOSED. But, for the ones who are Truly OPEN then SEEING what I have been ACTUALLY SAYING and POINTING OUT can be VERY CLEARLY SEEN. if, and when, what I have been previously SAYING, TALKING ABOUT, and POINTING OUT, throughout this forum, is read, again, from a FAR MORE OPEN perspective, or in other words from just thee Truly OPEN Mind, then things can be and ARE SEEN VERY DIFFERENTLY.
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:27 am It was just something I said in the moment,
I KNEW this. I could CLEARLY SEE that you did NOT really MEAN it.

ALL adult human beings say things, which are just lies, exaggerations, NOT REALLY meant, or sometimes the EXACT OPPOSITE of what they REALLY MEAN, AT TIMES, and especially at those time at, or in, the 'heat of the moment'", as some say.
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:27 am I said ALL without any intention to deceive.

One HUGE reason I ask SO MANY CLARIFYING questions to people, in this forum, is to GAIN ACTUAL and FULL CLARIFICATION if people REALLY and FULLY MEAN ALL of the words that they say here.
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:27 am The ALL word just slipped out, it wasn't meant to be taken literally in a bonafide sense.
A LOT of what 'you', adult human beings, say is NOT 'meant' to be taken literally. But one of the VERY REASONS WHY, in the days when this was being written, 'you', adult human beings, were STILL LOOKING FOR what is ACTUALLY True is because HOW 'you' SEE things depends A LOT on the ACTUAL words you use. 'You', people, STILL do NOT YET REALIZE how much AFFECT what 'you' say, even to "your-own-self", within "one's head" has on 'you', literally.
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:27 am So you are correct, I should have said ...I want to spend a ''PARTIAL'' time of my life on this forum....yes, I should have said that, instead of saying I want to spend (ALL) of my time on this forum.
But there is NO "should" in relation to what "another" one "should do" or "should not do". However, if 'you' are using the "should" word here in relation to 'you' ONLY, and so 'you' are NOT inferring that I was telling or informing 'you' of what 'you' "should do", then this is perfectly acceptable.
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:27 am I made a ( duration) error which prompted you to imagine that if I spent ALL my time here,
But I NEVER imagined that AT ALL.

I KNEW, for sure, 'you', "dontaskme", would NEVER NEGLECT your immediately family as much as you wrote, and I was implying you would be here.

BUT, I just asked you the CLARIFYING QUESTION from the perspective of NO ASSUMPTION being made AT ALL, which led you to imagine or assume that I had imagined that.
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:27 am then I would have no time left to spend with my family, and so with that reasoning, you are correct to say what you said about neglecting my family.

What can also be NOTICED is that I only said, 'might be', too, in relation that IF you REALLY did spend ALL of your time on here, in this forum, then your immediate family 'might be' feeling 'somewhat neglected'.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Thanks Age. I understand what you are saying to me. Much appreciated.

Also, I spend quite a lot of my time when I am not posting on this forum, playing on my Nintendo Switch..I love playing the video game ''Animal Crossing New Horizons'' It's a great way for me to put my creative juices to some use, without using up too much physical effort, which is difficult for me to do...however, the mental effort can be just as challenging, but not as taxing as actual physical effort is.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:40 am
THANK YOU PROFUSELY for:

1, NOTICING

2, RECOGNIZING.

And,

3, ACKNOWLEDGING
Dear Age. I'm sorry for being so negatively reactive in some of my responses to your posts. Truly I am very sorry, I always seem to knee jerk react to somebodies post, before ever thinking it through properly, what that someone is trying to say to me, so it's my bad to lash out in a negative way. I know I'm reacting badly but by the time I realise it, it's too late, I've already unleashed my words, that I cannot take back, unless I personally delete them myself.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote;
I always seem to knee jerk react to somebodies post, before ever thinking it through properly, what that someone is trying to say to me,

Despite that a post may be mostly expressive of the poster's emotional reaction there is usually at least a kernel of opinion or argument in it that is worth consideration.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:33 pm
Age wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:40 am
THANK YOU PROFUSELY for:

1, NOTICING

2, RECOGNIZING.

And,

3, ACKNOWLEDGING
Dear Age. I'm sorry for being so negatively reactive in some of my responses to your posts. Truly I am very sorry, I always seem to knee jerk react to somebodies post, before ever thinking it through properly, what that someone is trying to say to me, so it's my bad to lash out in a negative way.
'we' ALL react, at times, before ever REALLY thinking through PROPERLY what the "other" is REALLY 'trying to' say and express, to 'us'. So, do NOT feel alone here.

Also, from what I have observed here EVERY one is more or less just about ALWAYS 'trying to' say and express the EXACT SAME thing, but just from completely and utterly VERY DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE of things.

And, it is just through PEACEFUL discussions and being Truly OPEN and Truly LISTENING to "each other" while continually 'fine tuning' what we are ALL saying and 'trying to' express to 'each other', so that we can ALL, FINALLY, come to and reach an AGREEMENT is HOW and WHEN full realization that ACTUALLY we have ALL just been 'trying to' express the EXACT SAME thing/s, but with, literally, just DIFFERENT languages, words, and MEANINGS. After all, then can REALLY just ONLY be One ACTUAL Truth or Thing, correct?
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:33 pm I know I'm reacting badly but by the time I realise it, it's too late, I've already unleashed my words, that I cannot take back, unless I personally delete them myself.
I hope you do not delete your words/what you have already said, because it is from LOOKING AT what we have ACTUALLY said and/or done previously, HOW we can become much better one's of our True Self.

Post by Age »

Belinda wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:41 pm Dontaskme wrote;
I always seem to knee jerk react to somebodies post, before ever thinking it through properly, what that someone is trying to say to me,

Despite that a post may be mostly expressive of the poster's emotional reaction there is usually at least a kernel of opinion or argument in it that is worth consideration.
I found that what ANY or EVERY human being says, or expresses, 'it' is worth CONSIDERING.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Age wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:53 pm

I found that what ANY or EVERY human being says, or expresses, 'it' is worth CONSIDERING.
Of course. But within the context of a philosophy forum there is nothing to discuss about a poster's feelings which simply are.

Post by Age »

Belinda wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:16 pm
Age wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:53 pm

Of course. But within the context of a philosophy forum there is nothing to discuss about a poster's feelings which simply are.
Of course. And from what I can see here, NO one, besides you, even mentioned absolutely ANY thing about discussing ANY thing about poster's feelings, which simply are.