Religion is nothing more than a Belief

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Religion is nothing more than a Belief

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:00 pm There are methods that help us to be more objective.
While objective reality must exist independent of subjective reality in order to make sense of the world. However, the objection is only our subjective perceived projection that can never be our actual direct experience. Direct experience of being is neither subjective or objective.

We simply CANNOT directly experience the perceiver OR the perceived world...but that does not mean the objective world does not exist.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:54 am
Age wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:54 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:09 am
You appear to be under some sort of belief that you can start a thread, repeating what you have previously said, but whenever I point out the illogical, wrong, or just plain false claims in your post, then these are the "repeated ramblings of a robotic parrot". But have you ever considered that if you STOPPED rambling the EXACT SAME repeated things, like a robotic parrot, then the falsehoods, illogicality, and wrongness, in your repeated ramblings, would not be EXPOSED and SHOWN, AGAIN?
I prefer to discuss my threads with clear rational thinking human beings...something you are not. :mrgreen:

Jog on.
Is there ANY one here, in this forum, who is a clear rational thinking human being, to you?

If yes, then who?

I have ALREADY SHOWN the Wrongness and Falsehoods in your writings by just POINTING OUT the irrationality of your CLAIMS. If you are NOT able to counter what I have ALREADY SHOWN and POINTED OUT, then you will NOT
e able to discuss and so will have to remain SILENT. I have absolutely NO need for you to discuss ANY thing with me, anyway.

I have PROVED my points ALREADY, which is generally what is needed and sort after anyway in philosophical discussions or claims, so that is all that was needed here. By the way, this can be CLEARLY SEEN above.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:08 am
Belinda wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:00 pm There are methods that help us to be more objective.
While objective reality must exist independent of subjective reality in order to make sense of the world. However, the objection is only our subjective perceived projection that can never be our actual direct experience. Direct experience of being is neither subjective or objective.

We simply CANNOT directly experience the perceiver OR the perceived world...but that does not mean the objective world does not exist.

What this one here is 'trying to' convey is that 'it' can NOT YET directly experience the perceiver NOR the perceived world. But, as we ALREADY KNOW, this is only because this one was existing in those times when most had NOT YET learned HOW-to. And, because 'it' had NOT YET learned some thing, it then BELIEVED it was completely IMPOSSIBLE for ANY one to learn, forever more.

And, what else that can be CLEARLY SEEN here is that this one has turned this BELIEF into ANOTHER religion, by continually repeating this BELIEF 'trying to' form a congregation of more and more followers.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:56 pm
I have ALREADY SHOWN the Wrongness and Falsehoods in your writings by just POINTING OUT the irrationality of your CLAIMS. If you are NOT able to counter what I have ALREADY SHOWN and POINTED OUT, then you will NOT
e able to discuss and so will have to remain SILENT. I have absolutely NO need for you to discuss ANY thing with me, anyway.

Everything I write here is RIGHT not false. In my opinion, the way I see reality. So why on earth do you even imagine for one minute that you have the authority to inform me that what is RIGHT for me..is WRONG AND FALSE

I have absolutely NO need for you to discuss ANY thing with me. You see, I'm just like you Age, I'm always RIGHT. :lol: 8)
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:02 pm
And, what else that can be CLEARLY SEEN here is that this one has turned this BELIEF into ANOTHER religion, by continually repeating this BELIEF 'trying to' form a congregation of more and more followers.
I've already announced on this forum many times over, that I am just not interested in followers, or receiving any replies.

I'm simply on this forum because I have nothing else to do with my life, and it passes the time for me.
I do not care about getting responses.

Your statement just shows more about you than it does me, infact the statement just intensifies what I already know about you. And that is you are positively evil.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:05 am
Age wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:56 pm

Everything I write here is RIGHT not false. In my opinion, the way I see reality.
Okay. And, if ANY one does NOT see things the EXACT SAME WAY as 'you', "dontaskme", then it is "them" who is NOT a, supposedly, "clear rational thinking human being", correct?

So why on earth do you even imagine for one minute that you have the authority to inform me that what is RIGHT for me..is WRONG AND FALSE[/quote]

But I am NOT necessarily informing you about what is Wrong and False in your VIEWS and CLAIMS. I am just POINTING OUT, to ANY one, the Wrongness AND Falsehoods in your VIEWS and CLAIMS. As I have previously said, I point out the illogical, wrong, or just plain false claims in your post.

Also, when you say things like; 'this' or 'that' can NEVER be KNOWN. I just like to make it CLEAR that 'this' or 'that' can be, and on most occasions IS ALREADY KNOWN.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:05 am I have absolutely NO need for you to discuss ANY thing with me.
I KNOW you do NOT.

But I am STILL going to SHOW what is Wrong or False in what you say and write, if I want to.

You are NOT under some sort of ILLUSION that I do NOT have the FREEDOM TO, do you?
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:05 am You see, I'm just like you Age, I'm always RIGHT. :lol: 8)
But am i ALWAYS RIGHT?

I doubt VERY MUCH that I would be.

Also, unlike 'you', when 'I' am NOT RIGHT, then I LOVE to have that POINTED OUT and SHOWN, to me, and to "others".

By the way, I may not ALWAYS be Right, but I do KNOW HOW to obtain what IS Right, ALWAYS. For ANY one who is Truly INTERESTED.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:10 am
Age wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:02 pm
I've already announced on this forum many times over, that I am just not interested in followers, or receiving any replies.
You have also made it CLEAR that you are NOT interested in answering CLARIFYING QUESTIONS, thus the use of the name "dontaskme". You have also made it CLEAR that you can NOT KNOW ANY thing, but KEEP TELLING that what you say is Right and True, which is CONFUSING considering that, to you, there is NO possible way to KNOW if you what you say is Right nor True anyway.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:05 am I'm simply on this forum because I have nothing else to do with my life, and it passes the time for me.
Okay, but when you say you have "nothing else to do with your life" do you ACTUALLY MEAN you have NOT YET found ANY thing else to do with your life?

Because there are probably countless numbers of other things that you could do 'with your life', but which you are just NOT INTERESTED in doing, correct? Or is this NOT correct?
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:05 am I do not care about getting responses.
But considering this is a PHILOSOPHY FORUM, where MOST PEOPLE are DESPERATELY 'trying to' EXPRESS their view/s as being the most Right and True one/s in Life, then if you REALLY do NOT care about getting responses, then SURELY there are MANY other outlets you could write, where it is NOT even possible for "others" to respond to you, and ones where you will NOT get responses like you OBVIOUSLY would and WILL in a PHILOSOPHY FORUM.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:05 am Your statement just shows more about you than it does me,
Okay.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:05 am infact the statement just intensifies what I already know about you. And that is you are positively evil.
Is being so-called "positively evil" better or worse than being so-called "negatively evil"?

If yes, then HOW, EXACTLY?

But if no, then WHY NOT?

Also, HOW EXACTLY did that statement of mine REINFORCE or INTENSIFY your ALREADY obtained BELIEF and KNOWING that I am, supposedly, "positively evil"?

And, what does 'evil' even mean or refer to, to you?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:19 am What is known about all religious and scientific beliefs is that a 'belief' seems to exist as real within what is essentially and without doubt an ineffable unknowable mystery that is known as the 'Knower' of belief.
More gibberish.
A belief or an idea cannot be "real".

REAL:
adjective
actually existing as a thing or occurring in fact; not imagined or supposed.

There are more casual uses of "real", but there are very good reasons they are not used in philosophy.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:03 am
More gibberish.

REAL:
adjective

There are more casual uses of "real", but there are very good reasons they are not used in philosophy.
I know a belief is not real.

That's what I'm pointing to and is the point of the whole thread.

Philosophy is a belief. 8) :lol:

It's good to see you trashing your own beliefs about beliefs though.

I also said SEEMS to be real, not actually and literally real. So yeah, you can only trash your own gibberish.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:02 am

You have also made it CLEAR that you are NOT interested in answering CLARIFYING QUESTIONS, thus the use of the name "dontaskme".

But I am STILL going to SHOW YOU ...if I want to... that I do have the FREEDOM to not show an interest in answering clarifying questions?
Are You under some sort of ILLUSION that I do NOT have the FREEDOM to not answer to anyone. :shock:

Age wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:02 am You have also made it CLEAR that you can NOT KNOW ANY thing, but KEEP TELLING that what you say is Right and True, which is CONFUSING considering that, to you, there is NO possible way to KNOW if you what you say is Right nor True anyway.
I repeat...I do not know anything, I only pretend to know something. I only pretend to know I am right. I have said this many times. You have a poor memory.

Do you comprehendo with what the word ''pretend'' actually means. :lol:

Age wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:02 amOkay, but when you say you have "nothing else to do with your life" do you ACTUALLY MEAN you have NOT YET found ANY thing else to do with your life?
NO
Age wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:02 amBecause there are probably countless numbers of other things that you could do 'with your life', but which you are just NOT INTERESTED in doing, correct? Or is this NOT correct?
I know there are countless other things I could be doing...but I do not want to do them. I like pretending I know stuff and posting it on this forum. That's all I want to do with my life, ok.

Age wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:02 amBut considering this is a PHILOSOPHY FORUM, where MOST PEOPLE are DESPERATELY 'trying to' EXPRESS their view/s as being the most Right and True one/s in Life, then if you REALLY do NOT care about getting responses, then SURELY there are MANY other outlets you could write, where it is NOT even possible for "others" to respond to you, and ones where you will NOT get responses like you OBVIOUSLY would and WILL in a PHILOSOPHY FORUM.
Well that might be true, but this is the only forum I have not been banned from. So it's the only one I can freely express myself on, which is all I am doing. I have no other agenda apart from passing the time posting on this forum.
I do not know whether you are aware of this ... but whenever you post anything online to the internet. What ever website or your own made website, you are doing so in front of the whole world wide web of readers. The whole world is reading the internet. And the whole world is open to respond to anything written on the internet. So I'll repeat it again ... I just don't care who is reading what I write on the internet OK,... DO YOU COMPREHENDO? :lol:

Age wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:02 amIs being so-called "positively evil" better or worse than being so-called "negatively evil"?

But if no, then WHY NOT?

Also, HOW EXACTLY did that statement of mine REINFORCE or INTENSIFY your ALREADY obtained BELIEF and KNOWING that I am, supposedly, "positively evil"?

Beliefs are evil, full stop. Evil is a belief. That's what evil means to me. I believe you have beliefs about reality. If you didn't you wouldn't believe that other people have beliefs, but you do believe other people have beliefs because you have projected the very idea as if they do have beliefs...so stop pretending you do not have beliefs, while believing other people do.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:43 am
More gibberish.

REAL:
adjective

If that is the case, stop asking stupid questions.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:42 pm
More gibberish.

REAL:
adjective

I love asking stupid questions - because stupid questions beget stupid answers, that's why all our answers are stupid.

No one is forcing you to answer. :shock: But you will anyway as you've already proved stupid. :lol:
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:46 pm

I love asking stupid questions - because stupid questions beget stupid answers, that's why all our answers are stupid.

No one is forcing you to answer. :shock: But you will anyway as you've already proved stupid. :lol:
Dumbass
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:56 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:46 pm

Dumbass
Yes, that's also a belief. :lol:

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:13 pm
Age wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:02 am

You have also made it CLEAR that you are NOT interested in answering CLARIFYING QUESTIONS, thus the use of the name "dontaskme".

But I am STILL going to SHOW YOU ...if I want to... that I do have the FREEDOM to not show an interest in answering clarifying questions?
WHY did you put a question mark here?

Are You under some sort of ILLUSION that I do NOT have the FREEDOM to not answer to anyone. :shock: [/quote]

WHY did you NOT put a question mark here?

And, if this was meant to be a question asked for CLARIFICATION, then NO I am NOT under ANY sort of illusion that you do not have the FREEDOM to NOT answer ANY one.

Also, I was just POINTING OUT what 'you', "yourself", have PREVIOUSLY made VERY CLEAR.

Age wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:02 am You have also made it CLEAR that you can NOT KNOW ANY thing, but KEEP TELLING that what you say is Right and True, which is CONFUSING considering that, to you, there is NO possible way to KNOW if you what you say is Right nor True anyway.
I repeat...I do not know anything, I only pretend to know something. I only pretend to know I am right. I have said this many times. You have a poor memory.
Will you PROVIDE a link to WHERE you have, supposedly, said and written MANY TIMES that you "only PRETEND to know that you are right"?

If no, then WHY NOT?
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:13 pm Do you comprehendo with what the word ''pretend'' actually means. :lol:
Do ANY words "actually mean" ANY thing?

If yes, then WHO has the authority AND KNOWING of thee "actual meaning" of ANY word?

Also, I do NOT recall EVER seeing you write that 'you ONLY PRETEND to know things and ONLY PRETEND to know that you are right'.

Furthermore, if you have ONLY been PRETENDING all along here, then NO WONDER you SEE EVERY one has being only FICTIONAL characters.
Age wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:02 amOkay, but when you say you have "nothing else to do with your life" do you ACTUALLY MEAN you have NOT YET found ANY thing else to do with your life?
NO
Age wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:02 amBecause there are probably countless numbers of other things that you could do 'with your life', but which you are just NOT INTERESTED in doing, correct? Or is this NOT correct?
I know there are countless other things I could be doing...
Okay, so now thee ACTUAL Truth has been EXPOSED and EXPRESSED, we can now move along.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:13 pm but I do not want to do them.
Which was THE POINT and ACTUAL Truth that I was ALLUDING TO and GETTING AT.

But THANK YOU PROFUSELY for EXPRESSING and REVEALING what thee ACTUAL Truth is, "yourself".
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:13 pm I like pretending I know stuff and posting it on this forum. That's all I want to do with my life, ok.
Okay.

Am I allowed to and is it okay with you if I refer back to this statement and CLAIM of yours here if I feel reminding you that you have made this VERY CLEAR when and if I observe you CONTRADICTING this?
Age wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:02 amBut considering this is a PHILOSOPHY FORUM, where MOST PEOPLE are DESPERATELY 'trying to' EXPRESS their view/s as being the most Right and True one/s in Life, then if you REALLY do NOT care about getting responses, then SURELY there are MANY other outlets you could write, where it is NOT even possible for "others" to respond to you, and ones where you will NOT get responses like you OBVIOUSLY would and WILL in a PHILOSOPHY FORUM.
Well that might be true, but this is the only forum I have not been banned from.
Just like the rest of 'us' here.

But there is A reason for WHY ALL of 'us', "outcasts", with the same goal in Life, have ended up at the EXACT SAME place. That is; the essential or fundamental thing/s that we each want to EXPRESS and SHARE, when COMBINED, WILL ACHIEVE what 'it' IS that we ALL Truly WANT and DESIRE.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:13 pm So it's the only one I can freely express myself on, which is all I am doing.
Are you AWARE that you are completely FREE to create your own website or web page, or your own blog, and write absolutely ANY thing down while all the time NOT allowing absolutely ANY one to respond to you?
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:13 pm I have no other agenda apart from passing the time posting on this forum.
Okay, but your "immediate family" might be feeling somewhat NEGLECTED.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:13 pm I do not know whether you are aware of this ... but whenever you post anything online to the internet. What ever website or your own made website, you are doing so in front of the whole world wide web of readers. The whole world is reading the internet. And the whole world is open to respond to anything written on the internet.
But if you start up your OWN website, then are you OBLIGATED to allow "others" to respond to you?

If yes, then REALLY?

But if no, then WHY say what you just have here?
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:13 pm So I'll repeat it again ... I just don't care who is reading what I write on the internet OK,... DO YOU COMPREHENDO? :lol:
Will you PROVIDE a link to WHERE you have, supposedly, previously said and written this?

If no, then WHY NOT?
Age wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:02 amIs being so-called "positively evil" better or worse than being so-called "negatively evil"?

But if no, then WHY NOT?

Beliefs are evil, full stop.
So, HOW does this relate to 'me'?

Have you ever SEEN and READ when I have written that I have NO beliefs AT ALL?

If no, then you have NOW.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:13 pm Evil is a belief. That's what evil means to me.
Okay, so when you write the 'evil', what you are essentially just saying is 'belief', correct?

I believe you have beliefs about reality. [/quote]

So, you just got through telling ALL of us readers, which to you is the WHOLE WORLD, that 'evil is a belief' AND THEN go straight into INFORMING us that you have and HOLD the BELIEF, (that I have beliefs about reality).

Is this 'belief' of YOURS 'evil'? Or, are the ONLY 'beliefs' here that are 'evil' are the "ones" that you ASSUME and BELIEVE 'I have'?
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:13 pm If you didn't you wouldn't believe that other people have beliefs,
But I do NOT believe "other people" have beliefs. I KNOW they HAVE. This is BECAUSE they TELL me THEY HAVE, and BECAUSE a LOT of those BELIEFS can be CLEARLY SEEN in the way that you and they write, and say, things.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:13 pm but you do believe other people have beliefs because you have projected the very idea as if they do have beliefs...
But this does NOT mean ANY such thing AT ALL.

If I have PROJECTED, on some screen, that "other people" have BELIEFS, but they think or BELIEVE that they do NOT, then all they have to do is just EXPRESS that they DO NOT and just EXPLAIN WHY they do NOT and what those 'things' ARE, EXACTLY, which they CLAIM are NOT BELIEFS.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:13 pm so stop pretending you do not have beliefs,
If you want to BELIEVE or CLAIM that I have BELIEFS, then list "them" down, so that the READERS can take a LOOK AT "them" and so that we can DISCUSS "them", so that ALL of us can SEE what thee ACTUAL Truth IS here.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:13 pm while believing other people do.
AGAIN, I neither believe nor disbelieve "other people" have BELIEFS.

When people just say, "I believe ...", like you have just done above, then that is THEM, and YOUR, telling US that you and they REALLY do have BELIEFS.