The Elephant In The Room

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: The Elephant In The Room

Post by Dontaskme »

"It never ceases to amaze me: We all love ourselves more than other people, but care more about their opinion than our own."
Marcus Aurelius

“The trick is to care about everyone, While not caring what they think”. "We might die and no one will even notice." :shock:

"Don't tell your problems to people. Eighty percent don't care, and twenty percent are glad you have them."
-Lou Holtz
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:56 am The elephant in the room is that, even if you reject Christianities crazy storyline, you need a Christ / antiChrist figure to settle obtuseness.
That is neither the elephant in the room nor is it remotely true.
obtuse: the quality or state of lacking intelligence or quickness of mind. our guest's obtuseness was such that he failed to take even the broadest hint that it was time to leave.
If you are claiming that you "need" a christ to settle obtuseness, then please show how.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:21 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:56 am The elephant in the room is that, even if you reject Christianities crazy storyline, you need a Christ / antiChrist figure to settle obtuseness.
obtuse: the quality or state of lacking intelligence or quickness of mind. our guest's obtuseness was such that he failed to take even the broadest hint that it was time to leave.
If you are claiming that you "need" a christ to settle obtuseness, then please show how.
It takes a 'knower' to reject some kind of intelligent knowledge - therefore, it would require the same 'knower' who rejects some kind of intelligent knowledge to claim intelligent knowledge exists, which implies an intelligent knower.

But that's just an explanation to a question which demands an answer...In reality, questions can only arise to the sense of a separate self...where there is none.

A separate self is an idea, it's a reflex of what is always absolutely whole, known as everything.

By reflex, I mean, the action of knowing is always inseparable from the knower. A reflex to a sensation and the sensation itself exist in the exact same instantaneous moment.

Christ is just another word for what is an unknown KNOWER ...christ being the Logos 'word, discourse, or reason') aka a name or title...aka a fictional character.

Without an action figure to play a role in the story, there's no story. Reality that is known, is a fictional story. Reality that is not known is the real reality.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:53 am
Sculptor wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:21 pm
It takes a 'knower' to reject some kind of intelligent knowledge - therefore, it would require the same 'knower' who rejects some kind of intelligent knowledge to claim intelligent knowledge exists, which implies an intelligent knower.
Barely coherent, and fully irrelevant, even if true.

But that's just an explanation to a question which demands an answer...In reality, questions can only arise to the sense of a separate self...where there is none.

A separate self is an idea, it's a reflex of what is always absolutely whole, known as everything.

By reflex, I mean, the action of knowing is always inseparable from the knower. A reflex to a sensation and the sensation itself exist in the exact same instantaneous moment.
Barely coherent, and fully irrelevant, even if true.

Christ is just another word for what is an unknown KNOWER ...christ being the Logos 'word, discourse, or reason') aka a name or title...aka a fictional character.

Without an action figure to play a role in the story, there's no story. Reality that is known, is a fictional story. Reality that is not known is the real reality.
This is just more rubbish.
No action figure is needed for the vast majority of stories. What sort of garbage are you watching on Netflix these days?

Since you have not addressed by question, I'll ask again...

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:14 pm

I do not know how to answer your question.

I just write stuff that comes out like an arrow. The stuff I say makes sense to me, but that it may or may not not make sense to others, is also true.

I'm just copy and pasting my own thoughts to a philosophy forum..whether they make sense to the reader is not really an issue for me, I'm just here like everyone else, I'm just singing.

I have a very clear philosophy about reality, life and being human, which makes absolute sense to me because I am my own understanding of myself. I like to share my ideas with other minds, but I have no problem with being told my ideas are incoherent.

If it's any consolation, I have read many posts from all sorts of topics written on this forum from many authors, of which many of them have made no sense to me whatsoever, so I ususally do not engage with ideas that make no sense to me.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:14 pm What sort of garbage are you watching on Netflix these days?
Everything I watch is an appearance within me inseparable from me. So far to date, I have never been able to separate my eyesight from the image seen. So I'm a firm believer that everything is me, and so I have no preferred preferences over and above in place of something else because everything is me.

I'm a firm believer in the solipsist approach to reality, which to me, is reality and nothing but reality. There is only everything, and everything is me. That's how I've always looked at myself from the very moment I popped aware.

I do not reject what image I see, because it's all me... there is only EVERYTHING...which is one without a second.

I understand that other people have separated themselves out of the everything. And that it is a rare kind of 'someone' who is able to close that gap. I just happened to be one of those 'someone's' who was able to close the gap at a very young age.

I understand that my views could be perceived as coming from someone who is mentally unbalanced, or crazy, but that's just because I think a little bit differently that's all. In my world, I'm extremely sound as a bell, and very good at surviving life and looking after myself all alone.

I understand that although I am everything, I do not always give focus to some ideas, nor do I want to, or need to ..to be able to function...so although everything is me, I can choose to filter out what is not relevant or important to me, any time I want.

The way I see myself, I am like a smart TV with a multitude of different channels all available to me all at once, where I am able to choose to focus on whatever I choose to tune into anytime I prefer to do so.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:55 am

If you cannot answer the question then you are not qualified to make the statements you did.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:09 am

If you cannot answer the question then you are not qualified to make the statements you did.
No one made the statement.

Also, I answered your question, so it's not my fault you saw no coherent value in the answer, I answered in the only way I knew to answer, but then you called the answer rubbish and jibberish, so there is nothing I can do to make the answer what you would prefer to hear.

Am I qualified to think the way I do? ...absolutely yes I am...if I am not, then that's only because you say so, and that will never change the way I choose to think, just because you don't like it.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:22 am

Also, I answered your question, so it's not my fault you saw no coherent value in the answer, I answered in the only way I knew to answer, but then you called the answer rubbish and jibberish, so there is nothing I can do to make the answer what you would prefer to hear.

Am I qualified to think the way I do? ...absolutely yes I am...if I am not, then that's only because you say so, and that will never change the way I choose to think, just because you don't like it.
This is a nonsense thread.
over and out
Walker

Post by Walker »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:34 am

over and out
Jumping back and forth between relative and absolute makes sense when the purpose is to invalidate another, rather than pursue the truth of a principle.

That be the elephant.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Walker wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:20 pm

over and out
Jumping back and forth between relative and absolute makes sense when the purpose is to invalidate another, rather than pursue the truth of a principle.

That be the elephant.
The thing about elephants in the room is that they are supposed to be invisible until someone identifies them, they are then problems and not actually elephants from then on..
In most cases the blindness is voluntary with each blindman feeling a different part of the anatomy and concluding different interpretations; tree trunks; thin tails giant snake; floppy leather carpets; hard horns; capacious bellies. no one sees the big picture.

On this thread there is nothing much of anything.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

over and out
Byeeeeee!
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:34 pm

On this thread there is nothing much of anything.
And that’s all you’ll get from my threads, is nothing, it’s the only subject I know anything about.

Byeeeeee 🥴