Can the kind of unconditional Love that is God exist for the man and woman relationship?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

Re: Can the kind of unconditional Love that is God exist for the man and woman relationship?

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:27 pm That question is mainly for Immanuel Can, but anyone can answer it.
Read the bible!
God's love has many conditions
Dontaskme

Re: Can the kind of unconditional Love that is God exist for the man and woman relationship?

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:48 am
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:27 pm That question is mainly for Immanuel Can, but anyone can answer it.
Read the bible!
Unconditional simply means conditional, since there's no such thing as an unconditioned condition. A condition is an appearance of it's equal and exact opposite.

This is meta speak, which is beyond the mental realm of knowledge.

Love is a dirty word, it implies two...paraphrasing UG Krishnamurti.

Therefore, love is all there is, every thing else is an illusion..paraphrasing Carol King.

Light has a dark side. Dark has a light side, and never the twain shall meet. Love has no opposite.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:10 pm
Read the bible!
Unconditional simply means conditional, since there's no such thing as an unconditioned condition. A condition is an appearance of it's equal and exact opposite.
FFS I would hate to be in your head.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:34 am I agree and I think you would agree that there are varying levels of love. For example, I love my friends, but I wouldn't use the term, 'i am in' love with them!
Yes. Maybe it's the 'in love' part that we have to be careful about?

This is interesting to think about (and considering the things that you and DAM have pointed out).

Being 'in love' could be different than 'being love'. I'm trying to come up with an example to compare it to. Perhaps, it's like the difference between stepping into a river and feeling it surge and swirl around you, or actually being the flowing river. Being 'in love' is like diving in and experiencing it with another 'separate one' who is doing likewise, and either person may step out of it again at some point -- which is jarring for the one still standing in that river. In contrast to 'being 'love' which is (perhaps) an ongoing connection with much more, which may not experience 'separateness' or 'separation' as profoundly -- because no one can take that away from us. And it's best for someone who is unloving or out of love to move on (or we move on away from them).

As you said... there are levels. And I would add: degrees. We may be shifting through them as our partner is too. Which is maybe why the only real stability is in what we are being, as opposed to where we are trying to be with another. We probably attract (and are attracted to) those who are open to stepping into the river as we are -- so it's a somewhat tenuous arrangement from the start.

I've always liked the saying, "It's more important to be the right person than to find the right person." I did not find what I wanted in my past relationships... not only because my partners weren't capable of it, but I wasn't capable of it either. Vision vs. being are different things.
Dancing with another can be a courageous and perilous journey. There are so many factors. All we can do is set our intention and focus on our own being... then see what that attracts and is attracted to. A partner who is doing similarly, perhaps... and then you see how that goes.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:37 pm

Read the bible!
:lol: your responses really crease me up. :P

I'm pretty sure my mother wouldn't have bothered having me had she have known how I'd turn out.

But you know, no one really does. :D And it seems we're all just a little tad mad about that, eh! 8)

There's no putting than DAM baby back once it pops.

Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:37 pm

I'm pretty sure my mother wouldn't have bothered having me had she have known how I'd turn out.

But you know, no one really does. :D And it seems we're all just a little tad mad about that, eh! 8)

You said "Unconditional simply means conditional". just the same way black is white, and shit is food, and good is bad.
No wonder you are confused.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:32 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:37 pm

You said "Unconditional simply means conditional". just the same way black is white, and shit is food, and good is bad.
No wonder you are confused.
Not confused here, allow me to explain, but you have to listen carefully, ok...?

Not confused, this is more to do with a ''Mental Realisation'' of the word, than it is with the ''word'' in and of itself....it is a realisation that ''words'' and there associated meaning... are not always what they appear to be.

''Un-conditional'' simply means not subject to any conditions...meaning, your mind can be in a state of total surrender to any condition that may or may not, be placed upon it by another persons demands.

In other words, an unconditional state of mind is when you are not personally being identified with any conditional preference, rather, the mind becomes in a state of total obeyance, in the sense it is all allowing of whatever condition is placed upon it by another, remaining unaffected by the condition. And that is the key word to ''Realise'' here..(Unaffected)...showing no effects or changes to the condition.

How can there be such a thing as a Non-condition? there cannot.

A condition can never be anything other than a condition, it can ''never not'' be a condition ( that's the realisation)

The word NON or UN is a prefix added before the known word to indicate the dynamic of opposites that are needed to understand meaning.

The word condition, can only make sense in association with it's opposite meaning.

The mind is not ''bound'' by the condition it knows. Rather, it is always in a state of total acceptance and obeyance of what it knows.

In Nondual terminology...
Nothing is happy because nothing is unhappy.
Nothing is conditioned because nothing is unconditioned. That's how the mind knows ''meaning'' by making distinctions.

See, do you understand that?

It's about UNDERSTANDING

Confusion arises when we do not understand our words and their hidden meanings.

And because you have not understood ..you have projected that misunderstanding as confusion.

Never mind, just be yourself, and leave other minds to be theirs.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Unconditional Love verses as a conditioned mind............via connecting the dots.

By connecting the dots, it means we are grateful of what we have done and we've got in life, it is all from God to lead us to the right way. So, by connecting our experience, it means we accept our life, our good and bad and ourselves now.

When we do not accept Y(our) dark side we move further and away from our light side which is Love.

You are God. There is no ''my'' God.

You are not required to show up to Y (our) own show.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

You are Love - other people cannot give it to you. You cannot give it to other people.

The Love you feel for another person is coming from you.

The Love that you feel is in other beings is coming from your own being.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHqe5D4MsCU