The Creation of the Term "God"

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

Re: The Creation of the Term "God"

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:07 pm
Sculptor wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:56 am
A table is in inanimate object so may never "create" which is an active verb.
That is what is funny
A table is known as physical matter. Matter is anything that has mass and volume (takes up space)
Is it?? OMG!! Are you sure? Are you really, really sure?? :lol:
Maybe you should tell me something I don't know?

An object known is made of the same stuff it's known to be appearing in. There is no object without space, and there is no space without object.
Are you really, really sure?? :lol:

Inanimate simply means in animate.
Wow. Quote of the week!!!
And black simply means white.
Empty is full.
And stupid means intelligent.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:13 pm Wow. Quote of the week!!!
Empty is full.
Yes, as I've said before, all distinction is completely and absolutely mental.

Now your getting it. 8)
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:15 pm
Empty is full.
As I have said before you are completely mental.

Now your getting it. 8)
Getting it is exactly the same as not getting it.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:12 pm As I have said before you are completely mental.
Yes, all known concepts are mental constructions, including the concept of 'you'

The 'mental image' aka knowledge of 'you'... was not there at your conception, your image was given to you in the form of a word.. which are in essence totally meaningless. In the sense, if I inform my cat she is an absolute arsehole, she'll probably not lose any sleep over it. 8) :D :wink:

I don't care if other people think I'm a nutter, it's a filthy job, but someones got to do it. :mrgreen:
Sculptor wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:12 pm
Excellent, well said.

Getting it, is knowing there is nothing to get. 8)
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:15 pm
Empty is full.

Now your getting it. 8)
Yes, but you need to discern to stay alive. People who can't discern either die or they are in care.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:56 am
Sculptor wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:12 pm As I have said before you are completely mental.
Yes, all known concepts are mental constructions, including the concept of 'you'

The 'mental image' aka knowledge of 'you'... was not there at your conception, your image was given to you in the form of a word.. which are in essence totally meaningless. In the sense, if I inform my cat she is an absolute arsehole, she'll probably not lose any sleep over it. 8) :D :wink:

I don't care if other people think I'm a nutter, it's a filthy job, but someones got to do it. :mrgreen:
Sculptor wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:12 pm
Excellent, well said.

Getting it, is knowing there is nothing to get. 8)
Whoopdedoo. He's discovered Idealism.
Now run along and get on with it.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:22 pm
The OP is conceptually correct, either deal with that, or present a counter argument.

Oh wait.....

The OP was lost on you, if not, then explain why you said it was nonsense. Instead of just bluffing your way through life, man up and own your misunderstandings... :shock: :?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:47 am
Yes, but you need to discern to stay alive. People who can't discern either die or they are in care.
In the self-deceptive imagined idea that there is a self who lives and dies, then of course you are right.

The brain does it's job very well. And how do you think a brain was able to construct itself from scratch without a DIY manual to refer to. :shock:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

You'd have to be knowledgable to talk about death and life.

If you know you have a self that is going to die, then surely that self is going to do everything in it's power to protect that self.

If someone else comes at you wielding a machete, what are you going to do in the instantaneous moment, are you just going to stand there and figure out how to discern whether or not to fight or flight..a reaction will be instantaneous just like it is in all other sentient feeling animals.

If you have a self, you are going to defend that self to the death. It's called the horror and brutality of nature. Man is the most dangerous predator in that it can know the horror of torture. And that's why it chooses to be loving, in order to save itself, nature is totally selfish to the core, it cares only about reproducing.

It's just so easy to shut up the truth. It's all too easy to slam away people to some institution and put them on coma inducing drugs, just so they do not have to be heard. Those who think critically long and hard about reality, are silenced have you ever noticed that.

I'm not saying all the people, just some of those people in mental hospitals, have believed every single word their carers and their doctors have told them about their own mental condition, now imagine someone telling you they know your mental condition more than you know yourself....well that's what's going on here for some people who are shut away, when in reality there is absolutely nothing wrong with half of these people.

In other words, there is nothing wrong with evil because it's how nature survives. Nature loves to survive. It loves to kill, because only through killing can it survive.

Humans are playing a bluffing game, that's all, they pretend to like each other, when in reality, they cannot stand each other...the rest of nature, just gets on with whatever they have to do to survive, no questions for the voiceless are ever needed.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:57 am
Sculptor wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:22 pm
The OP is conceptually correct, either deal with that, or present a counter argument.

Oh wait.....

The OP was lost on you, if not, then explain why you said it was nonsense. Instead of just bluffing your way through life, man up and own your misunderstandings... :shock: :?
You are rambling
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:59 am
You are rambling
If I didn't play the believed roleplay that is a 'rambler' ...you wouldn't even be able to make such a claim. :lol:
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:53 am
You'd have to be knowledgable to talk about death and life.

If you know you have a self that is going to die, then surely that self is going to do everything in it's power to protect that self.

If someone else comes at you wielding a machete, what are you going to do in the instantaneous moment, are you just going to stand there and figure out how to discern whether or not to fight or flight..a reaction will be instantaneous just like it is in all other sentient feeling animals.

If you have a self, you are going to defend that self to the death. It's called the horror and brutality of nature. Man is the most dangerous predator in that it can know the horror of torture. And that's why it chooses to be loving, in order to save itself, nature is totally selfish to the core, it cares only about reproducing.

It's just so easy to shut up the truth. It's all too easy to slam away people to some institution and put them on coma inducing drugs, just so they do not have to be heard. Those who think critically long and hard about reality, are silenced have you ever noticed that.

I'm not saying all the people, just some of those people in mental hospitals, have believed every single word their carers and their doctors have told them about their own mental condition, now imagine someone telling you they know your mental condition more than you know yourself....well that's what's going on here for some people who are shut away, when in reality there is absolutely nothing wrong with half of these people.

In other words, there is nothing wrong with evil because it's how nature survives. Nature loves to survive. It loves to kill, because only through killing can it survive.

Humans are playing a bluffing game, that's all, they pretend to like each other, when in reality, they cannot stand each other...the rest of nature, just gets on with whatever they have to do to survive, no questions for the voiceless are ever needed.
It's true that some decisions need no discernment as they are unthinking reactions which may well be instinctive.

However as you know from your grocery shopping (at least) you need to discern what is bread and what is cleaning fluid. In the overall scheme of things mental activities are real. In the overall scheme of things self preservation is real.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:27 pm It's true that some decisions need no discernment as they are unthinking reactions which may well be instinctive.

However as you know from your grocery shopping (at least) you need to discern what is bread and what is cleaning fluid. In the overall scheme of things mental activities are real. In the overall scheme of things self preservation is real.
Mentally impaired folk are not insane, they are still able to function as a living being, they have simply lost a cognitive brain function that's all, it's not their fault that their brain is malfunctioning by mistaking cleaning fluid for a loaf of bread, that doesn't mean they should be locked away in some nut house for the rest of their life.

Yes, of course there is a human need for the functionality known as self-preservation...I have never denied self-preservation was anything other than not real...of course it's real, inso far as human brain activity goes.
But just try asking a cat what is real and what is not real...that's the issue I am talking about which seems to be going right over your head at the moment...
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:40 am
You are rambling
If I didn't play the believed roleplay that is a 'rambler' ...you wouldn't even be able to make such a claim. :lol:
So what - you are only a bad idea in my mind, so I get to decide whether or not you are rambling.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:42 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:40 am
You are rambling
So what - you are only a bad idea in my mind, so I get to decide whether or not you are rambling.
Your belief there is never my experience here, so ramble all you want, it's very amusing to watch.

You're rambling about an idea in your own head, and kicking me for it...Kick your own a-hole, idiot.