Father Christ Mess

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Father Christ Mess

Post by Dontaskme »

Your all loving forgiving God brought you a present today.

A 40 foot wall of Lava at your front door in the Canary Islands.. wasn’t that a loving thoughtful moral thing to do. :roll:

Re: Father Christ Mess

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:09 am Your all loving forgiving God brought you a present today.

A 40 foot wall of Lava at your front door in the Canary Islands.. wasn’t that a loving thoughtful moral thing to do. :roll:
If it was not for earthquakes, volcanoes, and lava, 'you' would not have even come into existence, to ponder over such things.

Also, no one has to live where lave could flow. Where adults choose to live is there choice alone.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

The Christian bible is reported to contain 600 thousand words describing the imaginings of 40 authors known as the human mind. All these authored stories appear to the same one reader.

Another chapter of the story of things....can be read here>

In the begining, God lovingly crafted a huge unstable piece of rock out of a ball of fire. This rock was intented to house all of God's created creatures. The rock was littered with a multitude of surprises, namely, unfriendly things, mostly things that were out to violently distrupt, maim and even kill every created creature. These things were called hurricanes, tornado's, tsunami's, lightening bolts, huge giant rocks that spew out boiling hot lava, and deadly toxic gases. Also things like severe cold weather patterns, severe hot weather patterns. God also created creatures who would eventually work out how to destroy themselves along with all other sentient creatures using atom bombs and chemical weapons. God also created creatures who had minds, that were able to think for themselves, and use that tool to mentally manipulate other minds as and through words, language and symbols that were intended to mean something, and pose as a threat to their sense of being.

God also created horrible nasty diseases, pain and suffering, just to watch everything die and disappear. Chaos, destruction and violence, all for Love....and that 's just one short chapter that only scratches the surface. There's just so much more to this gigantic mess ... The End.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:54 am The Christian bible is reported to contain 600 thousand words describing the imaginings of 40 authors known as the human mind. All these authored stories appear to the same one reader.

Another chapter of the story of things....can be read here>

In the begining,
What will be found is the words, 'In the beginning' does NOT, and I will repeat DOES NOT, refer to what most people think it does, in the days when this is being written.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:54 am God lovingly crafted a huge unstable piece of rock out of a ball of fire. This rock was intented to house all of God's created creatures.
Again, if it was not for the instability of the piece of molten rock, sometimes known as, earth, then 'you', human beings, would not have even 'come to exist'.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:54 am The rock was littered with a multitude of surprises, namely, unfriendly things, mostly things that were out to violently distrupt, maim and even kill every created creature.
'unfriendly', is very relative. What might be 'unfriendly' to you now, is the EXACT SAME thing and reason WHY you even 'came to exist' now.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:54 am These things were called hurricanes, tornado's, tsunami's, lightening bolts, huge giant rocks that spew out boiling hot lava, and deadly toxic gases.
Which were ALL necessary for the human being to 'come to exist'.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:54 am Also things like severe cold weather patterns, severe hot weather patterns.
What is perceived to be 'hot' and 'cold', and 'severe', here are only things conceived by an extremely narrowed and small perspective of things.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:54 am God also created creatures who would eventually work out how to destroy themselves along with all other sentient creatures using atom bombs and chemical weapons.
'you', human beings, were also created with the ability to NOT destroy "yourselves" alone with "others".

The choice to is yours alone.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:54 am God also created creatures who had minds,
LOL And where EXACTLY do these "mind" things exist? What is their purpose and how do they work?
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:54 am that were able to think for themselves, and use that tool to mentally manipulate other minds as and through words, language and symbols that were intended to mean something, and pose as a threat to their sense of being.
Sounds like you are here 'trying to' manipulate "others" to see and believe the things that you, personally, do.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:54 am God also created horrible nasty diseases, pain and suffering, just to watch everything die and disappear.
WHY do you say 'things', with an 's', suffer and die, but claim there is only one 'thing', with no s, alive and living?
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:54 am Chaos, destruction and violence, all for Love....and that 's just one short chapter that only scratches the surface. There's just so much more to this gigantic mess ... The End.

What "mess".

The ONLY "mess" I SEE is the one that 'you', adult human beings, have, ultimately, created for "yourselves".
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

The story continues ...

Here there are two jobs only for the doer...first to make a mess, and second to clean up the mess.

God made the mess, then sent his son, to clean up his mess.

More mess to follow...

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:17 am The story continues ...

Here there are two jobs only for the doer...first to make a mess, and second to clean up the mess.

God made the mess, then sent his son, to clean up his mess.

More mess to follow...
So, to you, there actually is a God, correct?

Also, could your story, which you are making up here, be different from what thee actual True story is?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:47 am
I don't know if there is a God. I've only heard the concept through hearsay.
Age wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:47 amAlso, could your story, which you are making up here, be different from what thee actual True story is?
Are there different truths, probably many. All I can do as an observer is report what I see with my own eyes as witness to what is happening here.

As far as hearsay goes..God is thought to be the creator of all things. That to my logic must contain evil, destruction, misery and suffering, and pain.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:57 am
Age wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:47 am
I don't know if there is a God. I've only heard the concept through hearsay.
Okay, thanks for the clarity. You wrote, "God made the mess, ...", so I was just checking.
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:57 am
Age wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:47 amAlso, could your story, which you are making up here, be different from what thee actual True story is?
Are there different truths, probably many.
To me, there are people with views, which they think are truths, but there really is just only One actual Truth.
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:57 am All I can do as an observer is report what I see with my own eyes as witness to what is happening here.
And, to me, that is a great way of expressing 'it'.

When people are OPEN to the fact that what what they view, is just 'a view', which may be true or false, right or wrong, or correct or incorrect, hen peaceful answer-arising discussions come about much quicker and much easier.
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:57 am As far as hearsay goes..God is thought to be the creator of all things.
This is said because 'God' is thee Creator of ALL things. But what 'God' is exactly has just not yet been learned and understood by just about ALL people, in the days when this was being written.
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:57 am That to my logic must contain evil, destruction, misery and suffering, and pain.
What about good, construction, contentment, pleasure, and comfort are these also contained in what God is said to have created aswell?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:07 am

Okay, thanks for the clarity. You wrote, "God made the mess, ...", so I was just checking.
God is a concept in me, known by me. So God the (conceptual idea) of God... is to me, as the concept is known. Just as the knowing I am is known by me, so is every concept I can imagine also exist in that same knowing.

It's as though I here am the one who is creating God, and also myself...which cannot be denied, since I cannot not make myself not exist and know about that non-existence.

It's different only within the context of all encompassing stories are of (sourced) within the same one dreamer or writer.

Age wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:07 amTo me, there are people with views, which they think are truths, but there really is just only One actual Truth.
I agree that there is only one actual truth. And that all truth views are all encompassing within that one truth.

Age wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:07 amWhen people are OPEN to the fact that what what they view, is just 'a view', which may be true or false, right or wrong, or correct or incorrect, hen peaceful answer-arising discussions come about much quicker and much easier.
I agree with this.
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:57 am As far as hearsay goes..God is thought to be the creator of all things.
Age wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:07 amThis is said because 'God' is thee Creator of ALL things. But what 'God' is exactly has just not yet been learned and understood by just about ALL people, in the days when this was being written.
I agree with this.

Age wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:07 amWhat about good, construction, contentment, pleasure, and comfort are these also contained in what God is said to have created aswell?
Yes.
All things exist because anything is possible when the potential for the thing exists in the mind of god which is known as infinite love. Love is not limited to partiality, love is impartial and all encompassing everything, because love is all there is.

Often, what people think love is, is not what love is at all, and that limited bias is what causes the confusion suffering and misery in that limited self bias view of love.

If I am to know God ...I would describe God as just another word for infinite love...or absolutely everything and nothing.

What I have observed is that sentient life seems to want to stay alive, and so this desire for life rather than death, might be what is known as LOVE .... if love was not real then everything would be dead, people and animals would just commit suicide. But in reality, we see the opposite, we see the will to want to live.

I do not believe that Love is something you have. I believe it's what you are. And that you cannot have what you've already got.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

I am willing to admit that a lot of what I have written on this forum is nothing more than my self bias view points, and could be seen by others as a big hot mess. Sometimes when I read back through my writings, even I myself cringe at the mess I am making of the attempts to understand the concept of God or oneness..

A lot of the things I have written are probably wrong, I know I can be wrong, and that I never intend to be absolutely right about everything.

All I know is that I am and it is incumbent on me to investigate who this knowingness is. If I don't care about this knowing, then I might as well be dead, but I do care, and that to me is why life is possible at all, because life absolutely without doubt or error desires to know itelf.

I know I keep changing my mind views about reality like the wind, but I like to look at things from every angle I can possibly think of. And that open-mindedness is how I come to terms with all eventualities, it's how I learn to accept things as they actually are and not how I would prefer them to be...I'm just trying to understand myself and to study the meaning behind the thoughts that arise in me, whether they be negative or positive...

I allow myself to think really dark negative thoughts, aswell as positive ones. For me, it's the daring to do the deeper dives into the mind of belief, that help me to understand myself and others and to find ultimate truth.

What I have discovered lately, is that when I am willing to accept everything as already perfect, I experience no fear of anything. But as soon as I start messing with the perfection, I see that it is only I who is turning the perfection into an imperfect mess.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:29 am
What I have discovered lately, is that when I am willing to accept everything as already perfect, I experience no fear of anything. But as soon as I start messing with the perfection, I see that it is only I who is turning the perfection into an imperfect mess.
Great observation, and insight.

Being able to SEE with-in, literally, is where the greatest in-sights are.

Some people do fear looking with-in, this is because of what they will find. That is; those 'thoughts', which do not paint a good picture of "one's self". Thee Truth, after all, can hurt. BUT, when thee ACTUAL Truth is discovered, or learned, about 'Who thee 'I' is, exactly', there there is, literally, absolutely NOTHING to fear anyway.

There is so much to explain, and learn, here.
Where to begin, though,
'I' leave 'that' up to 'thee'.
Last edited by Age on Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:05 am
Age wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:07 am

God is a concept in me, known by me. So God the (conceptual idea) of God... is to me, as the concept is known. Just as the knowing I am is known by me, so is every concept I can imagine also exist in that same knowing.
This is true. There is just, however, far more to discover and learn about who and what 'I' and 'me' are.

But like ALL knowledge, it is just part of the evolutionary process. Human beings did not come into being with conscious knowledge of ALL things. They are just evolving to 'come to know', more and more, including 'Who 'I' am'.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:05 am It's as though I here am the one who is creating God, and also myself...which cannot be denied, since I cannot not make myself not exist and know about that non-existence.
Although this is very true, also notice that the word 'myself' is a contradiction in term. The word 'my' implies ownership, (it is a possessive pronoun) so how could there be a 'one' who is the owner of its own 'self'? Either one is 'its' self or it is not. How could one 'own' or 'posses' its own self? 'you' are 'it', as 'you' are itself. 'you' are not 'it's self'.

Actually thee True, Right, and Correct answer is absurdly very simple and easy to 'come to know', that is; once who and what thee 'i' [the individual separate 'self'] and thee 'I' [the One and Only collective 'Self'] becomes known.

But again, there is so much more to explain here that it would take a while (but all depending on how much is WANTED to discover and learn, and how OPEN one Truly is). But, as like always ALL can and will be backed up and supported with irrefutable PROOF.

It's different only within the context of all encompassing stories are of (sourced) within the same one dreamer or writer.
Could this be better worded that the SAME one, One, is thee Knower, and not necessarily a dreamer, as it is only human beings who dream?

Also, thee One and ONLY True Story has already been written, and it is only human beings who write, their own stories.

Thee Writer, Knower, and Self of which there is ONLY an undivided, united, and nondual individual One is always different from the perceived individual and separated writers, knowers, and selfs, also known as 'human beings'. There is only One 'I', but there are many 'i's.

The 'i's made up and thus created the word 'God', and the concept of that word, but thee One and ONLY 'Thing', which is continually creating EVERY thing, is defined by that human being made up word 'God'.

The 'Thing' that creates EVERY thing is just described in, and by, the one word 'God'.

'God' is NOT some mystical, impossible 'Thing' to 'come to know' of. 'God', is just the word to describe the One and ONLY 'Thing' that creates EVERY thing, which, in other words, is just 'thee Universe', Itself, which again there is ONLY One of.

The word 'God' is also said to refer to the good and the knowing, which is, literally, in a spiritual, or non observable physical, sense.

Age wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:07 amTo me, there are people with views, which they think are truths, but there really is just only One actual Truth.
I agree that there is only one actual truth. And that all truth views are all encompassing within that one truth.
And to find out, and substantiate, if a 'truth view' is actually a part of thee One Truth is a very simple and very easy process, by the way.

Age wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:07 amWhen people are OPEN to the fact that what what they view, is just 'a view', which may be true or false, right or wrong, or correct or incorrect, hen peaceful answer-arising discussions come about much quicker and much easier.
I agree with this.
Age wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:07 amThis is said because 'God' is thee Creator of ALL things. But what 'God' is exactly has just not yet been learned and understood by just about ALL people, in the days when this was being written.
I agree with this.
And, if ANY one is Truly CURIOS and Truly OPEN, then they will come to discover, or learn, and understand what the word 'God' actually is referring to, exactly.
Age wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:07 amWhat about good, construction, contentment, pleasure, and comfort are these also contained in what God is said to have created aswell?
Yes.
All things exist because anything is possible when the potential for the thing exists in the mind of god which is known as infinite love.
To say the words like; 'mind', 'god', and/or 'in the mind of god', implies that the one saying them would KNOW what those words actually mean and are referring to exactly, but how many human beings, in the days when this is being written. really do KNOW what those words actually mean and are referring to. Oh, and by the way, how well is the definition of the word 'love' really that well ​understood?
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:05 amOften, what people think love is, is not what love is at all, and that limited bias is what causes the confusion suffering and misery in that limited self bias view of love.
Very true. But, what is 'love', exactly?
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:05 amIf I am to know God ...I would describe God as just another word for infinite love...or absolutely everything and nothing.
'infinite love' is a non observable physical thing, like nothing is, and a part of 'absolutely everything' is physical, and thus observable.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:05 amWhat I have observed is that sentient life seems to want to stay alive, and so this desire for life rather than death, might be what is known as LOVE ....
'love' can mean many different things, to many different people, but what 'love' is, that fits in with thee One actual Truth can be very easily and simply 'come to know'.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:05 amif love was not real then everything would be dead, people and animals would just commit suicide.
When some people read when 'you' say, "people AND animals", they can very quickly forget that 'people' ARE animals.

I was also not yet aware that non human animals could or do 'commit suicide'. Do other animals besides the human ones commit suicide?

And, do non human animals need 'love' to live?

Also, could the drive/desire 'to live', be held within the genes or dna, and this extremely deep down instinctual drive 'for life' just be the SAME One and ONLY One with-in ALL physical matter?

The actual answer to this can and will be much better understood when more has been explained, and learned.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:05 amBut in reality, we see the opposite, we see the will to want to live.
The ONLY time we do not see 'the will to live' is when the very eldest are "on their last legs", as some say, or in the younger but not the youngest when they are "on the end of their tether", as it is sometimes called.

These two occasions are VERY DIFFERENT. Although both are perfectly understandable, as ALL things are understandable, one is perfectly acceptable while the other is NOT.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:05 amI do not believe that Love is something you have. I believe it's what you are. And that you cannot have what you've already got.
This is a bit like the 'self'. one can not 'have a self', as 'this' is what 'you' are, and always have been.

Also, after 'coming to know' who and what the 'self', or the 'you,' is, then understanding more about 'love', itself, 'comes to be known' as well.

'love' can be a feeling, which is actually a part of who and what 'you' are, or, 'love' can be an action, and doing can be seen as, judged more, as who and what 'you' are. 'Action can speak louder than words', as some say.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:29 am I am willing to admit that a lot of what I have written on this forum is nothing more than my self bias view points, and could be seen by others as a big hot mess.
How much of what is written, in these types of forums, is not anything more than one's own self biased view points, which IS seen by "others" as a 'big hot mess'?

Although, EVERY thing I write (besides the mistakes) can be PROVEN absolutely and irrefutably True I also write in a way to appear as a 'big hot mess', at first glance, in the days when I wrote it.

I do this for the specific reason of HIGHLIGHTING HOW and WHY my MAIN MESSAGE, in this forum, is NOT being SEEN and UNDERSTOOD.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:29 am Sometimes when I read back through my writings, even I myself cringe at the mess I am making of the attempts to understand the concept of God or oneness..
When I read back i cringe at the way I sometimes leave words or letters out, or use incorrect words, which then portrays a completely DIFFERENT message that was actually intending.

Also, I have offered to help in understanding 'the concept of God or Oneness', but TOTALLY UNDERSTAND WHY this is refused and/or totally rejected.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:29 am A lot of the things I have written are probably wrong, I know I can be wrong, and that I never intend to be absolutely right about everything.
'Wrong', like 'Right' is, literally, relative.

'Absolutely Right' can only be obtained One way.

And, one person being absolutely right about absolutely EVERY thing is an absolute IMPOSSIBILITY.

So, there is, literally, NOTHING to be worried, concerned about, nor feared here.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:29 am All I know is that I am and it is incumbent on me to investigate who this knowingness is.
WHY, exactly, is it incumbent on the One and ONLY 'I' to learn to KNOW 'Who 'I' am'?

And, to REVEAL a ridiculousness to this, WHO, exactly, is it incumbent on?

If it is 'I', then WHO this is incumbent on, exactly, can not be known UNTIL 'Who am 'I'?' has be answered, properly and correctly, FIRST.

Oh, and by the way, once this is KNOWN, then 'I' REALLY NEVER cared how long the investigation took.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:29 am If I don't care about this knowing, then I might as well be dead, but I do care, and that to me is why life is possible at all, because life absolutely without doubt or error desires to know itelf.
As I have said previously throughout this forum, through evolution 'I' have 'come to know' thy Self.

And, because there is NO actual 'time', as perceived by some, and that there REALLY IS ONLY the infinite and eternal HERE and NOW, once the 'infinite love', as you call It, has found Itself, then just sharing this One LOVE with the "others"/thy Self is all that Truly matters.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:29 am I know I keep changing my mind views about reality like the wind, but I like to look at things from every angle I can possibly think of.
And it is ONLY from that perspective/angle that 'I' do find thy Self.

(Also, as 'you' have so rightly pointed out previously, speaking about the nondual Self, in a dual language, can appear to be very hard thing to do, and which honestly is very difficult to do with those who do not KNOW thy Self FULLY, yet. But, I will repeat, it is NOT an impossibility. As will soon be REALIZED.)
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:29 am And that open-mindedness is how I come to terms with all eventualities, it's how I learn to accept things as they actually are and not how I would prefer them to be...I'm just trying to understand myself and to study the meaning behind the thoughts that arise in me, whether they be negative or positive...
'Negative' and 'positive' are just relative terms, also. Which, to the REAL and True Self, there are NO 'thoughts' that are 'negative' nor 'positive'. They are ALL 'just thoughts', which ALL arise for VERY PERFECTLY reasonable and understandable reasons.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:29 am I allow myself to think really dark negative thoughts, aswell as positive ones. For me, it's the daring to do the deeper dives into the mind of belief, that help me to understand myself and others and to find ultimate truth.
It is from the VERY DEEPEST of with-in,
Where the VERY BEST in-sights are found,
and SEEN.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:29 am What I have discovered lately, is that when I am willing to accept everything as already perfect, I experience no fear of anything. But as soon as I start messing with the perfection, I see that it is only I who is turning the perfection into an imperfect mess.
Thee One and ONLY Universe is progressing along PERFECTLY, exactly how It IS, HERE-NOW.

Only when one Truly wants to learn and discover 'things', then they will.

In fact, when one Truly wants to learn, they can NOT be stopped.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:29 am What I have discovered lately, is that when I am willing to accept everything as already perfect, I experience no fear of anything. But as soon as I start messing with the perfection, I see that it is only I who is turning the perfection into an imperfect mess.
Agreed!

To me it seems to be the difference between seeing 'behind the veil' of life or being swept up in the show on this stage. That sense of seeing the perfection behind the veil of life stays with me even as I return to the stage. So I don't take the stage as seriously, nor do I fear its end. This vast manifestation and its potential are fantastic -- might as well try to embrace loving, exploring, wrestling, and playing with it, as much as possible. Manmade rules and beliefs aren't applicable beyond it: they are deficient in defining vast and creative perfection. :)
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:29 pm
Agreed!

To me it seems to be the difference between seeing 'behind the veil' of life or being swept up in the show on this stage. That sense of seeing the perfection behind the veil of life stays with me even as I return to the stage. So I don't take the stage as seriously, nor do I fear its end. This vast manifestation and its potential are fantastic -- might as well try to embrace loving, exploring, wrestling, and playing with it, as much as possible. Manmade rules and beliefs aren't applicable beyond it: they are deficient in defining vast and creative perfection. :)
Many people have the same experience you and Dontaskme have. It is a lovely, peaceful, paradise beyond all temporal life and existence, a transcendent paradise of painless ecstatic joy. But alas, it is meaningless and pointless, and it only lasts until they wake up or the drugs wear off.

Those who settle for that pseudo-joy will never know the true ecstasy of living successfully and happily in the real world one actually exists in, works in, learns in, and, if they embrace it, enjoys by overcoming all it's challenges and difficulties to be and achieve a life worth living, a life of real adventure, achievement, and fulfillment, compared to which your dreamed-of phony, 'behind the veil' world is a paltry substitute.

You can't have both and, unfortunately, must people settle for some version of the phony, 'behind the veil,' worlds of mystics and ideologies and never discover why their real life never seems quite complete or satisfactory, or why the sum of their life is not satisfaction, but regret, because they have never actually achieved or 'created' anything of real value.