I was divine before people told me about their god

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Lacewing

I was divine before people told me about their god

Post by Lacewing »

I vividly remember how it unfolded.

As a child, I had acceptance for my arrival and participation in this world.
It seemed completely natural to love and to feel connection with nature.
Other humans were strange, unpredictable animals to be navigated around. But I cared about them.
This life of such immense wonder, intrigued me to explore.
The journey was unfolding naturally...
and then the adults told me about their god.
They acted intoxicated. Some of them, even... desperate, needy, ferocious.
The stories they told were absurd. They clearly embellished and used the stories to their liking.
Why were they doing this, I wondered?
Why were they forgetting their natural state, and claiming to be wretched?
They taught me...
...about evil and hate.
...condemnation.
...eternal punishment.
...judgment to distinguish between divine or wicked.
...how to be a Christian soldier.
...memorization.
...their idea of a god.
They claimed to teach me how to be a good person too...
...but I actually already knew that.

Whatever anyone thinks a god is, is their own trip. If they personally find value in it, then that is for them. But they should not be imposing it on anyone else... that includes society, institutions, and children. It is an abusive form of mind control and distortion when imposing it on children who are such precious natural beings who should be protected from the needy and fearful distortions of adults. There should be an age restriction for religious gatherings... just as there is with any other intoxication or vividly inappropriate material/environment for young minds.

Looking into the eyes of a child, we can see the divine. Mankind seemingly wants to own that and control it. Having survived that path I was pushed onto, I now focus (as an adult) on connecting with my original nature as much as possible. There are no rules of men. There is awareness -– and choices are made from that awareness. No god needed. Seeing and appreciating the naturally divine is more extraordinary than anything created by man. Man’s creations can be wonderful and fantastic, but man does not own the divine -– and it would surely be best for humans to stop mangling it.

Re: I was divine before people told me about their god

Post by Age »

Here is ANOTHER one preaching. This one, as usual, is preaching 'the divine', as though they know the ONLY truth, and that their version of 'the divine' should be strictly listened to, followed, and adhered to.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Indeed. Even as a five year old the whole concept seemed ridiculous to me and none of it made any sense. I felt the same way about Santa Claus. Truth always makes sense. If something sounds nonsensical then it's nonsense.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing, thanks for the interesting thread topic...the title of your thread sounds a bit like ....

What Did Christ Mean?
When He Said ....“Before Abraham was I AM”

Any idea?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

The honesty of young children is well-known. They observe and see with a clarity, free of the programming of human education and beliefs... and for awhile, mostly free of ego. I think such clarity points to a natural (perhaps divine) state, that we all have access to... although it may become quite buried or abandoned or distorted throughout human life.

I did not believe in Santa Claus either. I saw it as a game of make-believe, which was fun to play with, but I began to distrust adults for lying to me. Growing up, I felt similarly with Christianity. Lots of things to have fun playing with... but lots of nonsense stories passed off as absolute/complete truth... and the dishonesty/delusion of all of that didn't deserve my trust or commitment. That's when I began exploring further, and discovered so much more beyond Christianity's boundaries! More love... more clarity... more openness... more truth... more potential... and more appreciation and gratitude for all. That's my trip. :)

I think there are insightful statements in The Bible. The ones that always stood out most and rang true for me were the ones that highlighted our divine nature, and that warned us from worshipping false gods or following men. People will (and do) distort and ignore insights in order to support their own narrative. It's unfathomable to me that anyone would focus on one book or belief or story or one-anything when there is a Universe FULL of insights and potential. Latching onto anything to the exclusion of all else has always seemed like hypnotic nonsense to me. A broader view always provides more information... from which we can discern and gather more clarity and truth.

Yes, DAM... beyond all of this, there is not this. :) I accept that (as whatever I am or am not -- it doesn't matter), and I enjoy dancing in this world of forms and ideas while it is in front of me. I have no delusions about working ultimately toward something. Each present moment is full of all the things I listed above in blue. And I remain open to more! It's all make-believe... and I still do not trust people who lie about the parameters or boundaries of it. :)

Post by Age »

Lacewing wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:31 pm The honesty of young children is well-known. They observe and see with a clarity, free of the programming of human education and beliefs... and for awhile, mostly free of ego. I think such clarity points to a natural (perhaps divine) state, that we all have access to... although it may become quite buried or abandoned or distorted throughout human life.
That clarity getting buried and lost is proven by this one believing and insisting that its own personal views are the ones everyone should listen to and follow.
Lacewing wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:31 pm I did not believe in Santa Claus either. I saw it as a game of make-believe, which was fun to play with, but I began to distrust adults for lying to me. Growing up, I felt similarly with Christianity. Lots of things to have fun playing with... but lots of nonsense stories passed off as absolute/complete truth... and the dishonesty/delusion of all of that didn't deserve my trust or commitment. That's when I began exploring further, and discovered so much more beyond Christianity's boundaries! More love... more clarity... more openness... more truth... more potential... and more appreciation and gratitude for all. That's my trip. :)
LOL This coming from the one that has shown to be very closed with a strong lack of empathy and understanding.
Lacewing wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:31 pm I think there are insightful statements in The Bible. The ones that always stood out most and rang true for me were the ones that highlighted our divine nature, and that warned us from worshipping false gods or following men.
And just because some things "ring true" for you, this in now way means that what does not "ring true" for this one are not true at all.

After all this one has shown to be just another preacher of what it believes is true.
Lacewing wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:31 pm People will (and do) distort and ignore insights in order to support their own narrative.
Which has been proven true by this one expressing its own narratives.
Lacewing wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:31 pm It's unfathomable to me that anyone would focus on one book or belief or story or one-anything when there is a Universe FULL of insights and potential.
Yet this one focuses solely on its own story (book) and belief, and its completely closed to even discovering and gaining clarity of other views.
Lacewing wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:31 pm Latching onto anything to the exclusion of all else has always seemed like hypnotic nonsense to me.
Yet this one is the prime example of doing exactly this.
Lacewing wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:31 pm A broader view always provides more information... from which we can discern and gather more clarity and truth.
The actual reason WHY this one has NOT YET reached thee actual Truth of things is because it is closed and so does not have the broadest or completely OPEN view.
Lacewing wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:31 pm Yes, DAM... beyond all of this, there is not this. :) I accept that (as whatever I am or am not -- it doesn't matter), and I enjoy dancing in this world of forms and ideas while it is in front of me.
Just as long as "this world" is how you want and expect others to view and see 'it'.
Lacewing wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:31 pm I have no delusions about working ultimately toward something.
This can be very simply and easily refuted.
Lacewing wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:31 pm Each present moment is full of all the things I listed above in blue. And I remain open to more!
The delusion and contradiction is BLINDING.
Lacewing wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:31 pm It's all make-believe... and I still do not trust people who lie about the parameters or boundaries of it. :)
But this one does trust its own lies and boundaries.
vegetariantaxidermy

Age wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:55 pm
Lacewing wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:31 pm The honesty of young children is well-known. They observe and see with a clarity, free of the programming of human education and beliefs... and for awhile, mostly free of ego. I think such clarity points to a natural (perhaps divine) state, that we all have access to... although it may become quite buried or abandoned or distorted throughout human life.
That clarity getting buried and lost is proven by this one believing and insisting that its own personal views are the ones everyone should listen to and follow.
Lacewing wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:31 pm I did not believe in Santa Claus either. I saw it as a game of make-believe, which was fun to play with, but I began to distrust adults for lying to me. Growing up, I felt similarly with Christianity. Lots of things to have fun playing with... but lots of nonsense stories passed off as absolute/complete truth... and the dishonesty/delusion of all of that didn't deserve my trust or commitment. That's when I began exploring further, and discovered so much more beyond Christianity's boundaries! More love... more clarity... more openness... more truth... more potential... and more appreciation and gratitude for all. That's my trip. :)
LOL This coming from the one that has shown to be very closed with a strong lack of empathy and understanding.
Lacewing wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:31 pm I think there are insightful statements in The Bible. The ones that always stood out most and rang true for me were the ones that highlighted our divine nature, and that warned us from worshipping false gods or following men.
And just because some things "ring true" for you, this in now way means that what does not "ring true" for this one are not true at all.

After all this one has shown to be just another preacher of what it believes is true.
Lacewing wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:31 pm People will (and do) distort and ignore insights in order to support their own narrative.
Lacewing wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:31 pm It's unfathomable to me that anyone would focus on one book or belief or story or one-anything when there is a Universe FULL of insights and potential.
Yet this one focuses solely on its own story (book) and belief, and its completely closed to even discovering and gaining clarity of other views.
Lacewing wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:31 pm Latching onto anything to the exclusion of all else has always seemed like hypnotic nonsense to me.
Lacewing wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:31 pm A broader view always provides more information... from which we can discern and gather more clarity and truth.
The actual reason WHY this one has NOT YET reached thee actual Truth of things is because it is closed and so does not have the broadest or completely OPEN view.
Lacewing wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:31 pm Yes, DAM... beyond all of this, there is not this. :) I accept that (as whatever I am or am not -- it doesn't matter), and I enjoy dancing in this world of forms and ideas while it is in front of me.
Just as long as "this world" is how you want and expect others to view and see 'it'.
Lacewing wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:31 pm I have no delusions about working ultimately toward something.
Lacewing wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:31 pm Each present moment is full of all the things I listed above in blue. And I remain open to more!
Lacewing wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:31 pm It's all make-believe... and I still do not trust people who lie about the parameters or boundaries of it. :)
Gobbledygook. Do you have anything that's decipherable?
jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:36 pm I vividly remember how it unfolded.

As a child, I had acceptance for my arrival and participation in this world.
It seemed completely natural to love and to feel connection with nature.
Other humans were strange, unpredictable animals to be navigated around. But I cared about them.
This life of such immense wonder, intrigued me to explore.
The journey was unfolding naturally...
and then the adults told me about their god.
They acted intoxicated. Some of them, even... desperate, needy, ferocious.
The stories they told were absurd. They clearly embellished and used the stories to their liking.
Why were they doing this, I wondered?
Why were they forgetting their natural state, and claiming to be wretched?
They taught me...
...about evil and hate.
...condemnation.
...eternal punishment.
...judgment to distinguish between divine or wicked.
...how to be a Christian soldier.
...memorization.
...their idea of a god.
They claimed to teach me how to be a good person too...
...but I actually already knew that.

Whatever anyone thinks a god is, is their own trip. If they personally find value in it, then that is for them. But they should not be imposing it on anyone else... that includes society, institutions, and children. It is an abusive form of mind control and distortion when imposing it on children who are such precious natural beings who should be protected from the needy and fearful distortions of adults. There should be an age restriction for religious gatherings... just as there is with any other intoxication or vividly inappropriate material/environment for young minds.

Looking into the eyes of a child, we can see the divine. Mankind seemingly wants to own that and control it. Having survived that path I was pushed onto, I now focus (as an adult) on connecting with my original nature as much as possible. There are no rules of men. There is awareness -– and choices are made from that awareness. No god needed. Seeing and appreciating the naturally divine is more extraordinary than anything created by man. Man’s creations can be wonderful and fantastic, but man does not own the divine -– and it would surely be best for humans to stop mangling it.
We all have experiences and make value judgements but we need to get along in a diverse and jumbled world. Somehow our perspective must take it all in without rejecting too much. We need to enter the world with confidence in spite of objectionable inputs. Don't try to fix the world, Accept it with wonder, good humor and suggestions.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

vegetariantaxidermy to Age wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:29 am
Age wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:55 pm...
Age is still evidently intent on projecting his senseless distortions onto me (as I can see from the display of his comments in your post). I don't know why he responds to my posts when he knows I've turned off the display of his. Seems manic on his part. I guess he cannot understand -- despite much feedback -- why people grow tired of the inaccuracies and circles of the claims he makes.

Post by Age »

Lacewing wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:34 am
vegetariantaxidermy to Age wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:29 am
Age wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:55 pm...
Age is still evidently intent on projecting his senseless distortions onto me (as I can see from the display of his comments in your post).
If this one had, at least, a bit of courage and named any of the alleged "senseless distortions", and let us delve into 'that', then we could see if 'it' is actually a "senseless distortion" or an actual fact.
Lacewing wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:34 am I don't know why he responds to my posts when he knows I've turned off the display of his. Seems manic on his part.
If you can read my posts, which you say you can, then you should be able to understand that they are not replying to you directly. This should be OBVIOUS by now.
Lacewing wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:34 am I guess he cannot understand -- despite much feedback -- why people grow tired of the inaccuracies and circles of the claims he makes.
List and name any of the, so called, "inaccuracies", I supposedly make instead of just saying they exist. They way we have something to look at instead of just your own imaginations.

If you do not name and list the "inaccuracies", then this says and reveals more about 'you' than 'I'.

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:29 am
Age wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:55 pm

Yes, absolutely EVERY thing I say and write.

But if you can not decipher ANY thing that I have said and written here, then so be it.

Considering what my main message has been throughout ALL of my writings, then some are now seeing this as an extremely surprising response from you. If ANY one really did want ANY thing deciphered, the they should, by now, already know exactly what to do.

You, obviously, have absolutely NO interest AT ALL in what I am saying and meaning here. Or, you still do not yet know how to decipher what is said and written.
vegetariantaxidermy

Age wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:17 am

You, obviously, have absolutely NO interest AT ALL in what I am saying
At least this is decipherable, not to mention true...

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:20 am
Age wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:17 am

You, obviously, have absolutely NO interest AT ALL in what I am saying
At least this is decipherable, not to mention true...
Here is ANOTHER GREAT EXAMPLE of WHY the adult human beings, in the days when this was being written, did NOT understand each other, and so just continued on with their own beliefs, hatred, fighting, and killing of each other.
vegetariantaxidermy

What an ego...

Post by Age »

If, and when, you discover, or learn, and understand what the true, proper, and correct answer is to the question, 'Who am 'I'?', then you will also understand the significance, and then the insignificance, of your reply here.