God’s description of Love

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

Re: God’s description of Love

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:11 am
Sculptor wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:20 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:20 am The Bible describes God is the essence of Love.

“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails”

Ask yourself honestly - 'Who' is informing itself of this one-sided description of Love? And 'Why and How' could Love be only one-sided?..in the contextual sense of knowledge?
Your thread title does not match your content.
Ok, I'll put it another way.

Who is God? whom declares, or claims to know that 'Love never fails'?
Where is god supposed to have said that, and what does it mean? WTF is "love" anyway except an abstraction?

How does that notion even make any rational sense to an intelligent person?
Well quite.

Mosquitoes make life a misery for most humans...where's the love?
Mosquitoes love blood.

But what I meant by "Your thread title does not match your content.", is that your claim is about god's description; but you just mention shit in the bible, which was written by semi-literate post neolithic goat herders.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:18 am Oh I understand it IC...
Such confidence. So unwarranted.

Well, carry on, I guess. You will anyway, I expect.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:28 am
Where is god supposed to have said that, and what does it mean? WTF is "love" anyway except an abstraction?
God is believed to be Love. The op verse can be found in the holy bible [1 Corinthians 13]written by people. It is believed by the human believing brain that the written words found in the bible are Gods word, and that human beings are the ''writing pen'' that God used to communicate with us, humans were the many authors of Gods word. So we are led to believe.
Sculptor wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:28 amWTF is "love" anyway except an abstraction?
Exactly, point is, it's just another man-made something, it's a made up idea, like unicorns and heaven are made-up.

Sculptor wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:28 amMosquitoes love blood.
Yes, and I hate mossies...seems like I have to suffer in the presence of a mossie, and make a sacrifice to do so for the sake of the mossies love for my blood. It's like I have to suffer so that the mossie is able to fulfill it's need to do what it loves.
As an observer who can only report my interaction with the environment, all I can say about love is that it sucks. And that natures ways are one fucked up system, in my humble, pious, rational and honest opinion. :D

Sculptor wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:28 amBut what I meant by "Your thread title does not match your content.", is that your claim is about god's description; but you just mention shit in the bible, which was written by semi-literate post neolithic goat herders.
Well thanks for clarifying what you meant....and yes, it's my claim that the verse in op was God's description of love since the verse is sourced in the bible which is purported to be Gods written word, and that we are his pen and author of his nature. It's all a bit of a silly drama really, but it does make for a good story to be shared among us for shits and giggles.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:32 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:18 am Oh I understand it IC...
Such confidence. So unwarranted.

Well, carry on, I guess. You will anyway, I expect.
Just answer the question, the one you love to avoid like the plague.

Who told you you are a Christian?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:05 am Only humans call that LOVE and do so because of their capacity to identify with their own invention of language and concepts. And that's the artificial pretence humans have lived for their entire lives. Some believe it's real, while other know it's all fake.
What difference does it make?

Are you any smarter or happier because you claim that everything is fake? Or does it just make you crazier?

There are limitless adventures in this theme park. You get to choose from a vast array of thoughts and emotions in every moment. What do you choose? If nothing is true, then your choices are no more true than anyone else's. So why do you carry on about it as if your non-truth is some greater truth?

I am content to splash in the fountain of love and bliss that you claim doesn't exist. I don't need to take it seriously in order to bask in the manifestation. Whether I am here or somewhere else doesn't matter. Whether I am all or nothing doesn't matter. Joy and laughter are beautiful illusions. :)

And sharing feelings/ideas of love with another (who is also so inclined) is sweet... whether it's ultimately real or not. Who cares?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:46 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:05 am Only humans call that LOVE and do so because of their capacity to identify with their own invention of language and concepts. And that's the artificial pretence humans have lived for their entire lives. Some believe it's real, while other know it's all fake.
What difference does it make?

Are you any smarter or happier because you claim that everything is fake? Or does it just make you crazier?

There are limitless adventures in this theme park. You get to choose from a vast array of thoughts and emotions in every moment. What do you choose? If nothing is true, then your choices are no more true than anyone else's. So why do you carry on about it as if your non-truth is some greater truth?

I am content to splash in the fountain of love and bliss that you claim doesn't exist. I don't need to take it seriously in order to bask in the manifestation. Whether I am here or somewhere else doesn't matter. Whether I am all or nothing doesn't matter. Joy and laughter are beautiful illusions. :)

And sharing feelings/ideas of love with another (who is also so inclined) is sweet... whether it's ultimately real or not. Who cares?
Exactly, who cares. Nothing ultimately matters.

It's all fake or it's all real, what feels like love and bliss to you there, feels like nothing to me here. So be it.

Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:44 pm Who told you you are a Christian?
Jesus Christ. Read the Bible, and you'll know.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:46 pm Joy and laughter are beautiful illusions. :)
I think the thought of being dead is the most blissful beautiful illusion. Does that make me crazy? not in my world. Which will never be your world. . so yeah, only your ( our ) world matters.

Why do I talk about my world on a forum to others...? ...for the exact same reason you talk about your world on a forum to others...I suppose that's why, I cannot think of any other reason than to want to share my self bias world view like everyone else does. I guess it's a unique trait that humans developed after they realised they had the capacity to communicate through words with each other. They desired to share their stories. They also liked to compare the role they chose to play with that of other actors who share the same stage.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:06 pm
Who told Jesus he was a Christian?

Who told the Bible to tell Jesus to tell the Human he was a Christian?

The thing is IC...you do not know except to take on second hand knowledge and believe it to be true, out of fear of not knowing anything. The mind doesn't like not knowing. Although animals don't give a sweet baby jesus about not knowing.

Now all you have to do is answer the question / s more honestly and openly ...
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:10 pm Who told Jesus he was a Christian?
I think maybe you have no idea what you're talking about here. :roll:

Do you know what the words"Christian" and "Christ" refer to?

Oy vey.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:35 pm

Do you know what the words"Christian" and "Christ" refer to?

They refer to you, who knows himself as a Christian.

But the question remains, who informs you you are a Christian?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:38 pm But the question remains, who informs you you are a Christian?
Asked and answered. Not bothering again.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:06 pm
Have you ever met Jesus in person, in actual realtime, the character known as Jesus Christ, whom you claim has told you you are a Christian?

Why would you believe a dead person could inform you that you are a Christian? Assuming Jesus is dead, and not alive.

Google informed me that Jesus was born between 6 and 4 BC - and died between AD 30 and 36. I'm assuming you wasn't alive at the time Jesus was? and yet you claim that dead person was the one who told you you are a Christian.

Are we just expected to believe that? can dead people tell you who you are?

Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:51 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:06 pm Who told you you are a Christian?

Read my answer again. Especially the second sentence.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:58 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:51 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:06 pm Who told you you are a Christian?

Read my answer again. Especially the second sentence.
Listen, I do not heed to second hand knowledge. I prefer to inform myself, straight from the source itself...courses for horses, and such is the original sources mouth.

If you prefer to be informed by ''dead people'' then so be it, but that's not my idea of fantasy.