Being Anti-God

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

Re: Being Anti-God

Post by henry quirk »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:55 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:55 am
Age wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:47 am

What do you not like about 'this world', and, what is 'this world', to you, EXACTLY?
Well, for one thing, I don't like someone demanding an explanation from me as though I'm somehow obligated to give them one. So buzz off.
What the fuck are you doing on the Forum starting threads? If you hate life so much piss off and spread your hate somewhere else.
Funny how sculpty don't have jack to say to DAM about her thread-startin' and (faux) life-hatred.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:06 am
AlexW wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:03 am
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:52 am I've tried to make it better, to no avail. It seems to be the nature of the beast, however, that the world is an unsatisfactory place.
What have you been trying that didn't work?
I think the "beast" really has no nature of its own - but it can reflect any "nature" that you project on it.
I've been trying to win the heart of a woman I've fallen in love with for over 6 months now and it doesn't seem to be working. Apparently, nothing I can do there. So I beg to differ on your opinion of the world.
You're probably pressin' her too much. Back off a bit. A little aloofness can be a a draw.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:30 pm It just hurts like hell to live in this world sometimes. And the worst of it is when it's difficult to have hope.

It hurts like hell because it is hell. The religious nutters believe hell is a place you go to at judgement day. It never occurs to them that hell is not somewhere you go but is already where you are.

Heaven is just place where pain is absent in you at the fleeting moment it is absent when it's not being felt or experienced.

Humans label and place images and ideas on what is essentially empty at it's core, and what is at it's basic core, is just an impersonal imageless silent unknowing reality. People are nothing without their imagination and belief.

Not many people believe what I write about, and that's their prerogative, truth hurts like hell because sentience human species prefer the relief that is the temporal release from grief found in equilibrium. The truth that there really is no hope, cannot be handled too well by the sensitive conditioned sentient human species.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:17 am
Yeah. I guess that's pretty true. I'll see what the plan is eventually. Or otherwise not.
If there is a plan, which there isn't,...then the plan is a life time supply of suffering, misery and pain for all sentient feeling creatures.
Just try planning anything in your life .. we all know how such planning never really goes to plan, no one knows what is going to happen from one moment to the next...

Denial of truth gives birth to hope, which gives birth to ignoring the obvious opposite of hope, which gives birth to more suffering, it's the gift that really does keep on giving, until you grow an intelligence smart enough to admit to yourself, you've had enough of all the hurting, then and only then do you have the power to stop it. Denial of raw truth, is for daydreamers, the weak and feeble, and the ignorant. Intelligent people do not breed more suffering into the world. Most people are swept away into a fools paradise by their emotions they believe to be theirs personally, they become slaves and addicts of their own imagination.

But don't take my word for it.

Always make your own model of reality, the way you see it, everyone else's model will never be yours. Peace out. :D

bahman

Post by bahman »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:31 am I don't like this world a whole lot and if God created it, then I don't think I like God a whole lot either.
What if you have chosen this life? Like fallen God in His/Her creation?

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:29 am
Age wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:30 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:45 am

No caps? It's a miracle...

At what age do you stop feeling emotional pain?
It can be the worst pain of all. Far more people commit suicide because of emotional pain (or suffering if you need to nit-pick) than physical pain.
And far more people commit suicide because of hopelessness than, so called, "emotional pain", but none of this takes away from the fact that 'emotions', themselves, are NOT actually 'painful' at all. Although some people, in the days when this was being written, still thought or BELIEVED that they were painful.

Emotions just come and go, or rise and fall. They are just a sign or a signpost to what is actually happening around you, and as such are just something to be taken MORE notice and awareness of. Emotions themselves, however, contain NO actual pain receptors. So, when 'you', human beings, grow and mature, or evolve, enough, then 'you' REALIZE, and thus KNOW, that 'emotions' are NOT actually 'painful' at all. Emotions are just a warning sign, and like thoughts, are much better understood when they are being taken noticed of.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:53 pm
Age wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:52 am

So, just asking you a CLARIFYING QUESTION, from a Truly OPEN perspective, and from NO expectation AT ALL, to you, is someone DEMANDING AN EXPLANATION AS THOUGH YOU OBLIGATED TO GIVE ONE, correct?
Asking clarifying question on someones personal private opinion...is like a door to door salesperson. The salesperson knows people do not like to open the door to them but will knock on their their door anyway because they are rude and pushy, it's their job to intrude on peoples private homes, the intrusion of their private space is very rude, but they do it anyway, in the hope of some sell tactic.
LOL So a human being comes into a public forum, expresses a few ideas/views, and, to you, if ANY one asks that human being a question to gain MORE CLARITY, then than one is SUPPOSEDLY a "salesperson" "selling some thing", correct?

The absurdity of this idea/view speaks for itself.

But if my view of what you were saying is WRONG, then tell us what is RIGHT.
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:53 pm People are always trying to sell you something. Including knowledge, which you are a master at.
What do you think or BELIEVE I am "selling", and "how much" am I supposedly "selling" 'it for'?
Age wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:52 amIF you were somewhat OPEN enough to discuss your DISLIKE here, then what you would have discovered is that 'this world', which you do NOT like a whole lot, is ACTUALLY created by you and your fellow adult human beings.
WRONG... the world is not created by anyone, everyone is born into a world they did not create.
OF COURSE EVERY one is BORN into a 'world' that they did NOT create. The OBVIOUSNESS of this does NOT even need saying.

Also, did you REALLY MISS that I used the words 'adult human beings'?

OBVIOUSLY 'adult human beings' are NOT born.

Now, if 'you', adult human beings, are NOT creating this 'world' that 'you' bring new born children into, then WHO or WHAT is creating 'this world'?
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:53 pm We're all just here in the same one life boat waiting to go down to meet the nothingness from whence we sprang.
'you' can WAIT for 'that', but some of 'adults' PREFER, to at least try, to make 'this world', which they are creating, into a BETTER 'world' for the next generations of children that will be born into 'it'.
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:53 pm During our allotted time here, we fill our lives with all sorts of distractions, but ultimately we all fall down in the end, dead people are not upstanding.
And some, like "yourself", "dontaskme" can just mope, and complain about how there is absolutely NOTHING 'we' can do, while there are "others" who KNOW how to make 'this world' a much BETTER place for ABSOLUTELY EVERY one, and are ACTUALLY doing the EXACT OPPOSITE of what 'you' are doing.
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:53 pm The idea that we ascending to something better is a myth.
OF COURSE 'you', human beings, in the days when this is being written, are NOT ascending to something better. To even imagine that 'you' are is absolutely ABSURD and RIDICULOUS. 'you', human beings, are OBVIOUSLY on a downhill spiral to your OWN demise.
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:53 pm There is no better, except for maybe a bandaid on a slashed jugular vein.
The "slashed jugular vein" term, in regards to 'this world', is the damage 'you', adult human beings, have done and are doing through the pollution of the AIR and the WATER that 'you', and other animals NEED in order to live and keep surviving.

Now, OBVIOUSLY, a 'bandaid' does NOT STOP the 'slashing', of 'this world's' veins. But what does STOP the 'slashing', and cause of 'this world's' demise, is the STOPPING of the destruction that ALL of 'you', adult human beings, are doing. So, the EASIEST, SIMPLEST, and QUICKEST 'remedy' for this is just find out what is CAUSING 'you' ALL to do the Wrong that 'you' ALL do, and then 'you' will have the necessary PREVENTION of the 'illness' in the first place.

By the way, the reason WHY ALL of 'you', adult human beings, do Wrong is VERY SIMPLE and VERY EASY to KNOW, and UNDERSTAND. That is; If, and WHEN, 'you' become Truly Honest and OPEN, about the Wrong that 'you' ALL do, and seriously Want to CHANGE, for the BETTER.
Age wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:52 amSo, if you LOOKED AT "yourself", and CHANGED, instead of 'trying to' BLAME "others", then you could help in the creating and making a of a much BETTER, more LIKED 'world'. And NOT just for "yourself" but for EVERY one.
He's not blaming others, so why are you shaming him for not doing what you claim he has done.
"gary childress" wrote, "if God created 'this world',", which IS 'trying to' BLAME "another" for what can ONLY essentially be, created by 'you', adult human beings, ALONE.

Also, I was NOT 'shaming' ANY one here. But, if "gary childress", 'you', or ANY one else FELT some 'shame', then so be it. Or, do 'you' BELIEVE that 'I' REALLY do have that much control OVER 'you', and "others"?
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:53 pm He's just saying he doesn't like the world very much, but having such an opinion is just making an obvious observation, that does not mean his opinion defines who he is as a character, he's just expressing an opinion.
I KNOW that that was just one person's opinion expressed.

AND, what I essentially did, at first, was to just ask that person two CLARIFYING QUESTIONS, ONLY. I did this so that I could obtain a BETTER understanding, and thus a BETTER CLARITY, of 'that person'.
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:53 pm Not asking for that opnion to be dissected to death, in the hope of saving him.

IF my clarifying questions were just answered Honestly and OPENLY, from the beginning, then we would NOT have ended up here, where we are now.

Post by Age »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:19 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:31 am I don't like this world a whole lot and if God created it, then I don't think I like God a whole lot either.
He didn't make it like it is, Gary. We did that.

And He's got plans to deal with that.

1 Cor. 4:5 -- "...do not go on passing judgment before the time..."

Maybe don't make a judgment until after the Judgment, then.
Here is ANOTHER one just WAITING for some thing else to take over and control 'its life'.

How about taking Responsibility for your OWN lives, and START doing what is Right in Life, INSTEAD?

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:30 pm

I suppose you make a good and valid point. It just hurts like hell to live in this world sometimes. And the worst of it is when it's difficult to have hope.
The NUMBER ONE reason WHY 'you', human beings, take your own lives is because of having absolutely NO hope AT ALL.

Now, if you were to EXPRESS what is the 'thing' that ACTUALLY 'hurts', then 'you' can move forward "gary childress".

Also, 'this world' is the ONLY 'world' in which ANY thing can live, so if " 'it' just hurts like hell to live in this world sometimes ", then WHY?

ALL the answers, which will make 'it' feel like Heaven ALWAYS, are HERE. You just need to LEARN how to find and SEE the answers.

Post by Age »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:48 pm

I suppose you make a good and valid point. It just hurts like hell to live in this world sometimes. And the worst of it is when it's difficult to have hope.
I get that.

If there's a plan to all this, then there's hope. If there's not, then we're all just in a cosmic blender, becoming a giant milkshake.

But if there's a plan to this, then there's God.
Thee PLAN is just OBVIOUS. That is; if you just STOP ASSUMING and/or BELIEVING that you already KNOW what is true, right, and correct.

Also, if you do NOT YET KNOW the PLAN, then you do NOT YET KNOW God. So, I suggest STOP assuming AND believing that 'you', "immanuel can", KNOW God.

Some of 'your' interpretations of God are FAR MORE Wrong than the "atheists" interpretations of God are.

Post by Age »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:52 pm
God has nothing to do with it.
If you don't like this world then you are not paying attention to the right things.
You'd enjoy your life more if you propertly rejected the idea of god. There is not doubt about your conclusions. The world is not guided by a loving omnipotent god. It's chaos our there.
But 'this world' is being GUIDED by a Truly Loving and Caring God, 'you', adult human beings, are just NOT LISTENING to this GUIDANCE FULLY, YET.

'you' ALSO do NOT even KNOW what God IS, YET. So, to CLAIM that an UNKNOWN 'Thing' DOES NOT exist is just as ABSURD as CLAIMING that an UNKNOWN 'Thing' DOES exist.
Sculptor wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:52 pm Learn to love the chaos whilst you can, because you are dead a long time.
You do NOT experience ANY thing when you are, so called, "dead". So, that is of NO issue NOR concern AT ALL.

Post by Age »

AlexW wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:00 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:15 am
AlexW wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:13 am
Sometimes doing less, giving it time, is the best thing one can do.
I am no couples counsellor, but I have just experienced my brother in law fall in love with a woman (and she is in love with him too) who rejected him two years ago - they both weren't ready at the time, but now they are.
Things just happen as they happen, the apple will fall from the tree when its ripe...
I guess I'll see what happens then. In the meantime, it's a pretty painful process to go through.
Yes, agree, it’s painful, but its not the world’s (or really anyone’s) fault.
3 weeks, 6 months or 2 years from now you might be in love and are loved back equally… then suddenly the world is beautiful, magical, you smell the flowers everywhere… the world is made of opposites, love comes with no-love, happiness with times of sorrow… you cant have one without the other.
Its all about enduring the bad as good as you can and enjoy the good as much as possible, but both without making your existence dependent on either.
But Life is FAR MORE than just "enduring the bad' and "enjoying the good".

Life is about living EVERY moment, while continually LEARNING and gaining MORE UNDERSTANDING, as well.

Post by Age »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:48 pm

I get that.

If there's a plan to all this, then there's hope. If there's not, then we're all just in a cosmic blender, becoming a giant milkshake.

But if there's a plan to this, then there's God.
Yeah. I guess that's pretty true. I'll see what the plan is eventually. Or otherwise not.
Well you OBVIOUSLY, and CERTAINLY WILL, NOT after you, so call, "die"

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:56 am
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:30 pm It just hurts like hell to live in this world sometimes. And the worst of it is when it's difficult to have hope.

It hurts like hell because it is hell.
What do the two 'its' refer to here?
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:56 am The religious nutters believe hell is a place you go to at judgement day. It never occurs to them that hell is not somewhere you go but is already where you are.
There is OBVIOUSLY ONLY one 'world', or place, which 'we' are ALL in NOW. So, there can be NO "other place" ANYWHERE. If ANY one wants to dispute this, then put some form of LOGICAL REASONING of HOW this could even be a POSSIBILITY, so that we then have, at least, some thing to LOOK AT and DISCUSS. Until then, that there is ONLY One place is NOT even refutable, let alone refuted.

Now, OBVIOUSLY, 'this place' can FEEL-LIKE a Heaven, and a Hell, at different times, but this is ONLY because of HOW adult human beings MAKE THIS PLACE.

This is ALL just so SIMPLE and very STRAIGHTFORWARD.
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:56 am Heaven is just place where pain is absent in you at the fleeting moment it is absent when it's not being felt or experienced.
Yes, and the ONLY reason there is 'pain', or an 'absence of pain', in reference to the non nerve ending pain of which the physical body feels and experiences is BECAUSE of the Wrong, or the Right, 'you', adult human beings, are doing in Life.

This is ALL JUST, so VERY SIMPLE, EASY, and STRAIGHTFORWARD.
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:56 am Humans label and place images and ideas on what is essentially empty at it's core, and what is at it's basic core, is just an impersonal imageless silent unknowing reality.
EXCEPT that 'this' is ACTUALLY KNOWN by, and to, SOME.
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:56 am People are nothing without their imagination and belief.
There is Truth in this. But the way this is expressed is just PLAIN Wrong.

Thee ACTUAL Truth is far SIMPLER, and EASIER by the way.
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:56 am Not many people believe what I write about, and that's their prerogative, truth hurts like hell because sentience human species prefer the relief that is the temporal release from grief found in equilibrium.
I do NOT find 'grief' in equilibrium. In fact I find absolute BLISS and CONTENTMENT in equilibrium, but if you find grief, then so be it. Each to their own, as some say.
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:56 am The truth that there really is no hope, cannot be handled too well by the sensitive conditioned sentient human species.

"no hope", in relation to what, EXACTLY?

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:31 am
If there is a plan, which there isn't,...
LOL So, 'you', "dontaskme", write, "If there is a plan", while BELIEVING WHOLEHEARTEDLY that there IS NOT, and, the one known as "immanuel can" here, writes, "If there is a plan", while BELIEVING WHOLEHEARTEDLY that there IS.

This is a GREAT EXAMPLE of HOW the human beings, in the days when this was being written, were, literally, completely and utterly FOOLING their own selves.

They had their OWN 'selves' FOOLED so much that they, literally, could NOT even SEE this.
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:31 am then the plan is a life time supply of suffering, misery and pain for all sentient feeling creatures.
Have 'you', "dontaskme", REALLY, NEVER just ONCE, even just for a second or two, EVER felt relieved, happiness, contentment, nor pleasure?

If you say, "yes", then do you REALLY expect ANY one to believe you?

If you say, "yes", then the ONLY one you are FOOLING here, is "yourself".
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:31 am Just try planning anything in your life .. we all know how such planning never really goes to plan, no one knows what is going to happen from one moment to the next...
Will you provide ANY examples?

There are PLENTY of example for the OPPOSITE of what you CLAIM here.
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:31 am Denial of truth gives birth to hope, which gives birth to ignoring the obvious opposite of hope, which gives birth to more suffering, it's the gift that really does keep on giving, until you grow an intelligence smart enough to admit to yourself, you've had enough of all the hurting, then and only then do you have the power to stop it.
But 'you' OBVIOUSLY have NOT 'stopped it', as you just wrote that if there is a plan there the plan is a LIFE TIME supply of SUFFERING, MISERY, and PAIN, and not just for 'you' but for ALL sentient, feeling creatures.
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:31 am Denial of raw truth, is for daydreamers, the weak and feeble, and the ignorant.
You speak as though you KNOW thee Truth.
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:31 am Intelligent people do not breed more suffering into the world.
And YET here 'you' are THE BREEDER, itself, saying this.
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:31 am Most people are swept away into a fools paradise by their emotions they believe to be theirs personally, they become slaves and addicts of their own imagination.
Which you are PROVIDING to be a PRIME EXAMPLE CASE OF.
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:31 am But don't take my word for it.

Always make your own model of reality, the way you see it, everyone else's model will never be yours. Peace out. :D

How can you propose "peace out", when ALL there is is a LIFE TIME supply of SUFFERING, MISERY, and PAIN for ALL sentient, feeling creatures?

Unless, of course, you mean that in your own little made up model of 'reality' that ANY peace AT ALL is completely and utterly OUT of.