Being Anti-God

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Being Anti-God

Post by Gary Childress »

I don't like this world a whole lot and if God created it, then I don't think I like God a whole lot either.

Re: Being Anti-God

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:31 am I don't like this world a whole lot and if God created it, then I don't think I like God a whole lot either.
What do you not like about 'this world', and, what is 'this world', to you, EXACTLY?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:47 am
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:31 am I don't like this world a whole lot and if God created it, then I don't think I like God a whole lot either.
What do you not like about 'this world', and, what is 'this world', to you, EXACTLY?
Well, for one thing, I don't like someone demanding an explanation from me as though I'm somehow obligated to give them one. So buzz off.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:55 am
Well, for one thing, I don't like someone demanding an explanation from me as though I'm somehow obligated to give them one. So buzz off.
So, just asking you a CLARIFYING QUESTION, from a Truly OPEN perspective, and from NO expectation AT ALL, to you, is someone DEMANDING AN EXPLANATION AS THOUGH YOU OBLIGATED TO GIVE ONE, correct?

IF you were somewhat OPEN enough to discuss your DISLIKE here, then what you would have discovered is that 'this world', which you do NOT like a whole lot, is ACTUALLY created by you and your fellow adult human beings.

So, if you LOOKED AT "yourself", and CHANGED, instead of 'trying to' BLAME "others", then you could help in the creating and making a of a much BETTER, more LIKED 'world'. And NOT just for "yourself" but for EVERY one.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:52 am

So, just asking you a CLARIFYING QUESTION, from a Truly OPEN perspective, and from NO expectation AT ALL, to you, is someone DEMANDING AN EXPLANATION AS THOUGH YOU OBLIGATED TO GIVE ONE, correct?

IF you were somewhat OPEN enough to discuss your DISLIKE here, then what you would have discovered is that 'this world', which you do NOT like a whole lot, is ACTUALLY created by you and your fellow adult human beings.

So, if you LOOKED AT "yourself", and CHANGED, instead of 'trying to' BLAME "others", then you could help in the creating and making a of a much BETTER, more LIKED 'world'. And NOT just for "yourself" but for EVERY one.
When you type "EXACTLY" in all caps, yes it sounds demanding.
AlexW

Post by AlexW »

I don't believe in an entity "God" as a creator, but if one doesn't like something then there are really only two options: put up with it (complaining about it is optional) or attempt to make it better. I think the latter is the better option of the two.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

AlexW wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:40 am
I don't believe in an entity "God" as a creator, but if one doesn't like something then there are really only two options: put up with it (complaining about it is optional) or attempt to make it better. I think the latter is the better option of the two.
I've tried to make it better, to no avail. It seems to be the nature of the beast, however, that the world is an unsatisfactory place.
AlexW

Post by AlexW »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:52 am I've tried to make it better, to no avail. It seems to be the nature of the beast, however, that the world is an unsatisfactory place.
What have you been trying that didn't work?
I think the "beast" really has no nature of its own - but it can reflect any "nature" that you project on it.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

AlexW wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:03 am
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:52 am I've tried to make it better, to no avail. It seems to be the nature of the beast, however, that the world is an unsatisfactory place.
I think the "beast" really has no nature of its own - but it can reflect any "nature" that you project on it.
I've been trying to win the heart of a woman I've fallen in love with for over 6 months now and it doesn't seem to be working. Apparently, nothing I can do there. So I beg to differ on your opinion of the world.
AlexW

Post by AlexW »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:06 am I've been trying to win the heart of a woman I've fallen in love with for over 6 months now and it doesn't seem to be working. Apparently, nothing I can do there. So I beg to differ on your opinion of the world.
Sometimes doing less, giving it time, is the best thing one can do.
I am no couples counsellor, but I have just experienced my brother in law fall in love with a woman (and she is in love with him too) who rejected him two years ago - they both weren't ready at the time, but now they are.
Things just happen as they happen, the apple will fall from the tree when its ripe...
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

AlexW wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:13 am
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:06 am I've been trying to win the heart of a woman I've fallen in love with for over 6 months now and it doesn't seem to be working. Apparently, nothing I can do there. So I beg to differ on your opinion of the world.
Sometimes doing less, giving it time, is the best thing one can do.
I am no couples counsellor, but I have just experienced my brother in law fall in love with a woman (and she is in love with him too) who rejected him two years ago - they both weren't ready at the time, but now they are.
Things just happen as they happen, the apple will fall from the tree when its ripe...
I guess I'll see what happens then. In the meantime, it's a pretty painful process to go through.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:02 am

Touche :lol:
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:06 am
I've been trying to win the heart of a woman I've fallen in love with for over 6 months now and it doesn't seem to be working. Apparently, nothing I can do there. So I beg to differ on your opinion of the world.
There's nothing you can do about chemistry. Some people are notoriously bad at reading it. I'm of the opinion that being 'in love' can't be one sided. If it is, then it's simply infatuation, or worse, obession.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:22 am
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:06 am
There's nothing you can do about chemistry. Some people are notoriously bad at reading it. I'm of the opinion that being 'in love' can't be one sided. If it is, then it's simply infatuation, or worse, obession.
Yeah. I know. It's just painful as hell to go through.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:02 am

Okay, fair enough. But what I am ACTUALLY doing is just highlighting that word, so if what 'it' is is explained in EXACT detail, then what is discovered is that what you thought was bad, is in fact NOT that bad at all.