Being Anti-God

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Immanuel Can

Re: Being Anti-God

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:14 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:21 pm
I'm amazed you can't see that...but of course, there's no "you" to "see" that, so I guess that makes sense. :wink:
I see it...but do you. I don't think you do.
Hmmm.... :?

Nope, you're still not getting the actual implication of what you're claiming when you say there are no "persons." I'll try to make my objection as clear and simple as I can. See if you can answer it cogently. I'll wait.

Here's my objection. You can't use the word "I" if there's no person behind it. You can't use the word "you" if there's no person behind it. And you can't make a claim if no person is making the claim. So you, yourself, are essentially saying that nothing you say is being said.

Yes, that is nonsense...but it's not me who's issuing it. I'm just pointing it out.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:40 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:21 pm
I'm amazed you can't see that...but of course, there's no "you" to "see" that, so I guess that makes sense. :wink:

Nope, you're still not getting the actual implication of what you're claiming when you say there are no "persons." I'll try to make my objection as clear and simple as I can. See if you can answer it cogently. I'll wait.

Here's my objection. You can't use the word "I" if there's no person behind it. You can't use the word "you" if there's no person behind it. And you can't make a claim if no person is making the claim. So you, yourself, are essentially saying that nothing you say is being said.

Yes, that is nonsense...but it's not me who's issuing it. I'm just pointing it out.
You’re still not getting it. No worries you’re not alone. You’ve refused to believe the nondual reality. So be it, but that will not stop me from pointing out your nonsense.
You’ll continue with your delusional beliefs because that’s all you seem to know, and that’s no skin of my nose.

Just pointing it out.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:54 pm

You’ve refused to believe the nondual reality.
That's because "nondual reality" is an oxymoron. :shock: Think about it: think hard.

If everything is "one" then nothing exists that is distinct from anything else...and that means that nothing exists at all. :shock: Since you and I are here, that's manifestly false. So it's not a case of "refused to believe (contrary to some possibility of truthfulness): it's that it's impossible for any rational human being to believe such a claim.

Now, as for your former message, the rest is just drama. The insults, the "I know you are, but what am I," the petulant repetitions...either you have a rational response, or you don't. But I can't be bothered with the "little theatre" stuff. If there's an answer, let's hear it.

I'm still waiting.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:03 pm

That's because "nondual reality" is an oxymoron. :shock: Think about it: think hard.

If everything is "one" then nothing exists that is distinct from anything else...and that means that nothing exists at all. :shock: Since you and I are here, that's manifestly false. So it's not a case of "refused to believe (contrary to some possibility of truthfulness): it's that it's impossible for any rational human being to believe such a claim.

Now, as for your former message, the rest is just drama. The insults, the "I know you are, but what am I," the petulant repetitions...either you have a rational response, or you don't. But I can't be bothered with the "little theatre" stuff. If there's an answer, let's hear it.

I'm still waiting.
Your still not getting it.

And thanks for the negative assessment on my character, it’s hard to resist being judgmental, isn’t it hypocrite.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:27 pm
RCSaunders wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:58 am
attofishpi wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:13 am What is the pigshit about 'the religious' like ALL theists are dumb fucks?
I don't think so. If they were, it would not be their fault they believe the nonsense they do.

But all the religious, including theists, choose to believe what there is neither evidence or non-contradictory reason for to evade the requirements of reality to learn the truth and live by it. The sad thing is that so many very intelligent people can so easily be taken in.
The costliest of all follies is to believe passionately in the palpably not true. It is the chief occupation of mankind! --H.L. Mencken
Am I supposed to be drilled with quotes from wankers that you espouse to for time immemorial?

I still only C nonsense from U.

AGAIN.

What two planets in our Solar system revolve in an opposite direction on their axis to ALL the others?

Their names end in two letters the ones who we are, and we own you.

R U WORTH.Y of US?
Thank you for that brilliant explanation.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:07 pm

I'm still waiting.
Instead of just responding instantly, and with mere mimicry, shouldn't you put some content in your message? :roll:
And thanks for the negative assessment on my character...
There's none. I am judging by your actions, not your character. Stop doing the dramatic actions, and your character can be whatever you want.

This claim, too, the claim that I'm assassinating your character, is another example of mere theatre-instead-of-substance. Nobody's being fooled or distracted, so you really should give up the striking of such dramatic poses.

Now, do you have a cogent answer to my objection? Yes, or no? And spare us all the theatrics.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

RCSaunders wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:07 pm
attofishpi wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:27 pm
RCSaunders wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:58 am
I don't think so. If they were, it would not be their fault they believe the nonsense they do.

But all the religious, including theists, choose to believe what there is neither evidence or non-contradictory reason for to evade the requirements of reality to learn the truth and live by it. The sad thing is that so many very intelligent people can so easily be taken in.

Am I supposed to be drilled with quotes from wankers that you espouse to for time immemorial?

I still only C nonsense from U.

AGAIN.

What two planets in our Solar system revolve in an opposite direction on their axis to ALL the others?

Their names end in two letters the ones who we are, and we own you.

R U WORTH.Y of US?
Thank you for that brilliant explanation.
I am certain you will agree, I didn't explain anything.

..just hoped you'd investigate and comprehend.

So.

RC. What are the names of the TWO planets? ..and do U understand Y i asked you..?

.. :twisted: of course, the answer to question 2. is the anomaly.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:16 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:07 pm

I'm still waiting.
Instead of just responding instantly, and with mere mimicry, shouldn't you put some content in your message? :roll:
And thanks for the negative assessment on my character...
There's none. I am judging by your actions, not your character. Stop doing the dramatic actions, and your character can be whatever you want.

This claim, too, the claim that I'm assassinating your character, is another example of mere theatre-instead-of-substance. Nobody's being fooled or distracted, so you really should give up the striking of such dramatic poses.

Now, do you have a cogent answer to my objection? Yes, or no? And spare us all the theatrics.
Listen if I want to play the role of being a theatrical drama queen, then that’s my prerogative…. I’m not going to change just to appease you. Who the hell are you oh self righteous, holier than thou ..oh I’m such a paragon of virtue ..and Dam is absolutely beneath me…ffs, someone please pass me the sick bag please!

I’m not on this forum to be liked, or have my back scratched.

I’ve given you all the answers you ask for….but you’ve decided to reject them. And yet you still ask for them again. You do that because your an idiot thinking I may tell you something you prefer to hear….not happening ok.

People who believe in things like “ eternal damnation for the sinner “ …and “ eternal life for the faithful servant “ are really really dumb as fuck…these people deserve to be called infantile, stupid,dumb,ridiculously idiotic, uneducated, unable to connect to actual real reality, which is glaringly obvious to all those who care to look at it deeply and seriously enough following it right back to it’s core and true raw nature…..instead of just whitewashing it over with the stupid dogmatic mantra “God did it “ “ so it’s all good, everything is under control “ ….no man, I’m being kind. I could have been really offensive.

Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:38 pm Listen if I want to play the role of being a theatrical drama queen, then that’s my prerogative…. I’m not going to change just to appease you.
Quite correct. And I have the prerogative to ignore it.

I'm totally unimpressed by the theatrics. You're not winning any points by going on with them.
I’ve given you all the answers you ask for….
I asked you about my last objection. You have not answered at all, of course. I suspect you cannot.
uwot

Post by uwot »

RCSaunders wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:10 pm...sans actual entities, there is no force.
Granted.
RCSaunders wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:10 pmMath functions can certainly be understood without actual facts, that is, without things that can actually be counted or measured...
Well yeah, pure mathematics is supposed to be a model of a priori reasoning. However, to understand the most basic premise of maths, the number 2, there have to be two different phenomena - two thoughts. Already maths is dependent on phenomenal facts.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

The theatrical drama queen wrote: Listen if I want to play the role of being a theatrical drama queen, then that’s my prerogative…

Boldly, she admits to performing.

That's the first thoroughly honest thing she's posted in a coon's age.

She deserves a 🍪
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

uwot wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:53 pm
RCSaunders wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:10 pm...sans actual entities, there is no force.
Granted.
RCSaunders wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:10 pmMath functions can certainly be understood without actual facts, that is, without things that can actually be counted or measured...
Well yeah, pure mathematics is supposed to be a model of a priori reasoning. However, to understand the most basic premise of maths, the number 2, there have to be two different phenomena - two thoughts. Already maths is dependent on phenomenal facts.
Yes, of course. What I mean is, the principles of math can be taught and understood, for example, in terms of abstract symbols, they way it is taught in school. The times tables for example. But it's meaningless without being grounded in actual facts.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:04 am The theatrical drama queen wrote: Listen if I want to play the role of being a theatrical drama queen, then that’s my prerogative…

She deserves a 🍪
Yeah, I noticed that, too. It's all theatrics, and she admits it herself. She just thinks she's entiled to be theatrical.

And she is. For anybody who cares to watch theatrics. And that's not me.

So she doesn't get a 🍪 from me.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:58 am
henry quirk wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:04 am The theatrical drama queen wrote: Listen if I want to play the role of being a theatrical drama queen, then that’s my prerogative…

She deserves a 🍪
Yeah, I noticed that, too. It's all theatrics, and she admits it herself. She just thinks she's entiled to be theatrical.

And she is. For anybody who cares to watch theatrics. And that's not me.

So she doesn't get a 🍪 from me.
Well, if she's anything like the way I see her in my head (warning! wide load!) she really ought not be eatin' any 🍪's
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:16 pm
Quite correct. And I have the prerogative to ignore it.
But you don't ignore it that's why you keep bringing it up, because you are drawn to it like a thirsty man is drawn to a mirage in the desert..
Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:16 pmI'm totally unimpressed by the theatrics. You're not winning any points by going on with them.
We're all actors on a stage, including you dearest god almighty. I'm not interesting in winning or point scoring, I'm just not that shallow. I'm here to point out the huge calamitous errors that religiously inclined philosophers make. And you just happen to be my number 1 target. You cannot con a con.

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:16 pmI asked you about my last objection. You have not answered at all, of course. I suspect you cannot.
Oh I can, and I do, and I will...but you have rejected all my answers to date, denial of this fact is your stuidity and arrogant ignorance. Your very first objection right down to the last, are all the same objections in my opinion..all of which have been answered and ignored. Your bad.