Being Anti-God

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: Being Anti-God

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:02 am
Age wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:52 am
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:55 am

Well, for one thing, I don't like someone demanding an explanation from me as though I'm somehow obligated to give them one. So buzz off.
So, just asking you a CLARIFYING QUESTION, from a Truly OPEN perspective, and from NO expectation AT ALL, to you, is someone DEMANDING AN EXPLANATION AS THOUGH YOU OBLIGATED TO GIVE ONE, correct?

IF you were somewhat OPEN enough to discuss your DISLIKE here, then what you would have discovered is that 'this world', which you do NOT like a whole lot, is ACTUALLY created by you and your fellow adult human beings.

So, if you LOOKED AT "yourself", and CHANGED, instead of 'trying to' BLAME "others", then you could help in the creating and making a of a much BETTER, more LIKED 'world'. And NOT just for "yourself" but for EVERY one.
When you type "EXACTLY" in all caps, yes it sounds demanding.
That is ONLY because you did NOT CLARIFY, before you ASSUMED.

There is NO 'demanding' AT ALL. There is just a True CURIOSITY.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:52 am
AlexW wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:40 am
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:31 am I don't like this world a whole lot and if God created it, then I don't think I like God a whole lot either.
I don't believe in an entity "God" as a creator, but if one doesn't like something then there are really only two options: put up with it (complaining about it is optional) or attempt to make it better. I think the latter is the better option of the two.
I've tried to make it better, to no avail.
How did you 'try to'make 'it' better?
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:52 am It seems to be the nature of the beast, however, that the world is an unsatisfactory place.
"unsatisfactory" to who and/or what?

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:06 am
AlexW wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:03 am
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:52 am I've tried to make it better, to no avail. It seems to be the nature of the beast, however, that the world is an unsatisfactory place.
What have you been trying that didn't work?
I think the "beast" really has no nature of its own - but it can reflect any "nature" that you project on it.
I've been trying to win the heart of a woman I've fallen in love with for over 6 months now and it doesn't seem to be working. Apparently, nothing I can do there. So I beg to differ on your opinion of the world.
Is that 'it'? How old are you?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Age wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:20 am
AlexW wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:03 am
What have you been trying that didn't work?
I think the "beast" really has no nature of its own - but it can reflect any "nature" that you project on it.
I've been trying to win the heart of a woman I've fallen in love with for over 6 months now and it doesn't seem to be working. Apparently, nothing I can do there. So I beg to differ on your opinion of the world.
No caps? It's a miracle...

At what age do you stop feeling emotional pain?

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:45 am

When the 'you' grows and matures enough to REALIZE, and thus KNOW, that 'emotions' are NOT actually 'painful' at all.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

AlexW wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:40 am
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:31 am I don't like this world a whole lot and if God created it, then I don't think I like God a whole lot either.
I don't believe in an entity "God" as a creator, but if one doesn't like something then there are really only two options: put up with it (complaining about it is optional) or attempt to make it better. I think the latter is the better option of the two.
Your theory is on a threadmill to nowhere. The dumb mindless cycle of rinse and repeat is never ending, fix a problem, make a problem, fix a problem, make a problem.
It's as though humans cannot exist without problems, they thrive on problems, and if they run out of problems, they'll just invent new ones. They are addicts to the buzz that is Relief from Grief ..Make a mess, Clean up the mess. Does it ever occur to them to get off this treadmill, or do they enjoy being hopelessly stuck in their own well carved out groove.

For me, personally, I see a way off the self carved grooves. The way out of this predicament... is to go back in. To just stand perfectly still in the nowhere, going nowhere, doing nothing, thinking nothing, being nothing. Try it, I have, it's the only better that is real.

The stupidist and dumbest choices people choose, is to think it's ok to invite the unborn to join with them in the game of trying to make better the mess they keep making, they do this so that when they eventually pop their clogs, there will be at least someone else to clean up after they have gone. It'll be ok to make a problem and a mess, because there will always be someone else willing to clean up their mess. For what choice did they have. They were forced into this mess.

Someones got to fix the broken, make it all better, clean up the mess others have left behind. ..Yes, Human behavior is absolutely disgusting, it's totally insane. Are the unborn just expected to put up with the world in which they are born into, who never had the voice to consent to it, or agree to make it better.

Humans are dumb. Only dumb people play the life is going to get better game. Do you honestly believe that life can ever be better.

Doesn't seem to be working does it. Oh yeah, that's because it isn't. But we can always wishfully pretend it can, we can always pretend it's working out for the good, when we all know deep down that we are just pushing that rolling rock up a very steep hill. Acceptance is the key. Resistance is futile.

Last edited by Dontaskme on Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Age wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:30 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:45 am

When the 'you' grows and matures enough to REALIZE, and thus KNOW, that 'emotions' are NOT actually 'painful' at all.
It can be the worst pain of all. Far more people commit suicide because of emotional pain (or suffering if you need to nit-pick) than physical pain.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:52 am

So, just asking you a CLARIFYING QUESTION, from a Truly OPEN perspective, and from NO expectation AT ALL, to you, is someone DEMANDING AN EXPLANATION AS THOUGH YOU OBLIGATED TO GIVE ONE, correct?
Asking clarifying question on someones personal private opinion...is like a door to door salesperson. The salesperson knows people do not like to open the door to them but will knock on their their door anyway because they are rude and pushy, it's their job to intrude on peoples private homes, the intrusion of their private space is very rude, but they do it anyway, in the hope of some sell tactic. People are always trying to sell you something. Including knowledge, which you are a master at.
Age wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:52 amIF you were somewhat OPEN enough to discuss your DISLIKE here, then what you would have discovered is that 'this world', which you do NOT like a whole lot, is ACTUALLY created by you and your fellow adult human beings.
WRONG... the world is not created by anyone, everyone is born into a world they did not create. We're all just here in the same one life boat waiting to go down to meet the nothingness from whence we sprang. During our allotted time here, we fill our lives with all sorts of distractions, but ultimately we all fall down in the end, dead people are not upstanding. The idea that we ascending to something better is a myth. There is no better, except for maybe a bandaid on a slashed jugular vein.
Age wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:52 amSo, if you LOOKED AT "yourself", and CHANGED, instead of 'trying to' BLAME "others", then you could help in the creating and making a of a much BETTER, more LIKED 'world'. And NOT just for "yourself" but for EVERY one.
He's not blaming others, so why are you shaming him for not doing what you claim he has done.

He's just saying he doesn't like the world very much, but having such an opinion is just making an obvious observation, that does not mean his opinion defines who he is as a character, he's just expressing an opinion. Not asking for that opnion to be dissected to death, in the hope of saving him.

Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

He didn't make it like it is, Gary. We did that.

And He's got plans to deal with that.

1 Cor. 4:5 -- "...do not go on passing judgment before the time..."

Maybe don't make a judgment until after the Judgment, then.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:19 pm

I suppose you make a good and valid point. It just hurts like hell to live in this world sometimes. And the worst of it is when it's difficult to have hope.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:30 pm

I suppose you make a good and valid point. It just hurts like hell to live in this world sometimes. And the worst of it is when it's difficult to have hope.
I get that.

If there's a plan to all this, then there's hope. If there's not, then we're all just in a cosmic blender, becoming a giant milkshake.

But if there's a plan to this, then there's God.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

God has nothing to do with it.
If you don't like this world then you are not paying attention to the right things.
You'd enjoy your life more if you propertly rejected the idea of god. There is not doubt about your conclusions. The world is not guided by a loving omnipotent god. It's chaos our there.
Learn to love the chaos whilst you can, because you are dead a long time.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:55 am
Age wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:47 am
What do you not like about 'this world', and, what is 'this world', to you, EXACTLY?
Well, for one thing, I don't like someone demanding an explanation from me as though I'm somehow obligated to give them one. So buzz off.
What the fuck are you doing on the Forum starting threads? If you hate life so much piss off and spread your hate somewhere else.
AlexW

Post by AlexW »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:15 am
AlexW wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:13 am
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:06 am I've been trying to win the heart of a woman I've fallen in love with for over 6 months now and it doesn't seem to be working. Apparently, nothing I can do there. So I beg to differ on your opinion of the world.
Sometimes doing less, giving it time, is the best thing one can do.
I am no couples counsellor, but I have just experienced my brother in law fall in love with a woman (and she is in love with him too) who rejected him two years ago - they both weren't ready at the time, but now they are.
Things just happen as they happen, the apple will fall from the tree when its ripe...
I guess I'll see what happens then. In the meantime, it's a pretty painful process to go through.
Yes, agree, it’s painful, but its not the world’s (or really anyone’s) fault.
3 weeks, 6 months or 2 years from now you might be in love and are loved back equally… then suddenly the world is beautiful, magical, you smell the flowers everywhere… the world is made of opposites, love comes with no-love, happiness with times of sorrow… you cant have one without the other.
Its all about enduring the bad as good as you can and enjoy the good as much as possible, but both without making your existence dependent on either.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:48 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:30 pm

I get that.

If there's a plan to all this, then there's hope. If there's not, then we're all just in a cosmic blender, becoming a giant milkshake.

But if there's a plan to this, then there's God.
Yeah. I guess that's pretty true. I'll see what the plan is eventually. Or otherwise not.