Being Anti-God

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Re: Being Anti-God

Post by Gary Childress »

bahman wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:44 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:31 am I don't like this world a whole lot and if God created it, then I don't think I like God a whole lot either.
What if you have chosen this life? Like fallen God in His/Her creation?
What do you mean? Do you mean that perhaps I was given whatever limited number of choices before I was born and chose this particular life over the others? Or do you mean that my choices so far led to the life I have so far? If it's the latter, then I would probably agree. If it's the former then I suppose that could be true also. I guess I'll have to find out how things turn out. But so far my life has been pretty lonely and purposeless. If I consciously chose it over something better, then I hope I knew what I was doing at the time.

Also, what do you mean by "fallen God"? It's an intriguing phrase.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

who here is anti-god, and if so more fool you - you think you can force God to be in your image?

No real Athiest is anti-god, for God does not exist.

per me, i deny Him per empirisism, but if He IS - i only hope He is just - and if He ain't - nothing i can do about it, nor do i concern myself over since i can't make a God/s just if they ARE and are Dicks - while i deny they ARE.

seriously what kind of fool makes war on the Gods? the biggest fool of all is my view.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:04 am
So, if you LOOKED AT "yourself", and CHANGED, instead of 'trying to' BLAME "others", then you could help in the creating and making a of a much BETTER, more LIKED 'world'. And NOT just for "yourself" but for EVERY one.
DAM:
He's not blaming others, so why are you shaming him for not doing what you claim he has done.
Age wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:04 am"gary childress" wrote, "if God created 'this world',", which IS 'trying to' BLAME "another" for what can ONLY essentially be, created by 'you', adult human beings, ALONE.
Gary never used the word ''Blame'' you did. You basically projected the 'idea' onto someone else, as if they had blamed. You've done the exact same as what you accused Gary.

And Now you are also blaming ''you adult human beings'' for creating a world. Because you've claimed that ''adult human beings'' are not born. So how is it possible for that which you claim to not be born create anything.
Age wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:04 amOF COURSE EVERY one is BORN into a 'world' that they did NOT create. The OBVIOUSNESS of this does NOT even need saying.

Also, did you REALLY MISS that I used the words 'adult human beings'?

OBVIOUSLY 'adult human beings' are NOT born.
Yes, you really did say that.

But the OBVIOUSNESS of this does NOT even need saying.

Gary was just playing around with ideas...not blaming anything. Not claiming, and not seeking fame like you do.

You really are a very lot silly aren't you, how dare you be silly, and then blame it on someone else. Oh well, we all like a good belly laugh here, there's nothing like having a good laugh at ourself. Or is that selves? :D

Does Age really enjoy digging holes so big that when he falls in, he cannot get out. LOL ... what a hot mess you are. :D

Last edited by Dontaskme on Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:52 am
AlexW wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:40 am
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:31 am I don't like this world a whole lot and if God created it, then I don't think I like God a whole lot either.
I don't believe in an entity "God" as a creator, but if one doesn't like something then there are really only two options: put up with it (complaining about it is optional) or attempt to make it better. I think the latter is the better option of the two.
I've tried to make it better, to no avail. It seems to be the nature of the beast, however, that the world is an unsatisfactory place.
so take the shit or get off the pot.

are you are are you not an Athiest? - if the latter then you have no grivence with the Gods since they do not exist. if the former - then you will loe the battle if you are battle if you are warring with the Gods to make them moral and this Earth like the Garden of Eden again.

you think you can force the gods to be as moral as you are - assuming you are a Beleiver in thim.

if so more fool you.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:06 am
AlexW wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:03 am
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:52 am I've tried to make it better, to no avail. It seems to be the nature of the beast, however, that the world is an unsatisfactory place.
What have you been trying that didn't work?
I think the "beast" really has no nature of its own - but it can reflect any "nature" that you project on it.
I've been trying to win the heart of a woman I've fallen in love with for over 6 months now and it doesn't seem to be working. Apparently, nothing I can do there. So I beg to differ on your opinion of the world.
Well (I've been there too - what man hasn't?) if you can't make one woman love you, why do you think you can make the Gods love all and become beings in your image?

I've nevr ben able to force a women i loved to love me back - stopped tryign after i grew up - grwoign up was older than i like to admit - now goown i no longer force women to love me or the gods, nor force them to conform to my image of "The good".

maybe women are bitches and the gods are dicks - or neither exist. either way you are fucked WRT making them in your image.

so man up and get over it and accept the world and women as it/they are.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:15 am
AlexW wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:13 am
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:06 am I've been trying to win the heart of a woman I've fallen in love with for over 6 months now and it doesn't seem to be working. Apparently, nothing I can do there. So I beg to differ on your opinion of the world.
Sometimes doing less, giving it time, is the best thing one can do.
I am no couples counsellor, but I have just experienced my brother in law fall in love with a woman (and she is in love with him too) who rejected him two years ago - they both weren't ready at the time, but now they are.
Things just happen as they happen, the apple will fall from the tree when its ripe...
I guess I'll see what happens then. In the meantime, it's a pretty painful process to go through.
welcome to the real world bubba.

now, how is your war with making the God moral working out in the world where death rules and the corrupt get richer?

your been able to make the gods more moral that prior to your war with them?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Gary:

I've tried to make it better, to no avail. It seems to be the nature of the beast, however, that the world is an unsatisfactory place.
There is only the beast. No one has ever seen or known LIGHT - Light can only exist as darkness.

From darkness, you were conceived, and will return. Inbetween these two unknown states...between the unborn and the born...aka the unborn born... appears the viewfinder, a lens through which the mystery of ALIVENESS looks at itself.

Those who are honest will look and see what is really happening here. Others will faint in horror. And those who faint, will pretend they are in heaven, either, or, they will make up fables about leaving/transcending/accending this horror ...to go and live out the rest of eternity shining along side their deluded beloved loving creator....Human belief is built purely through the capacity to imagine through knowledge...there the talking and thinking human species really are dumber than animals...oh wait! :D

We're all in the same one life boat, just hoping to be rescued. Intelligent people just surrender to the hopelessness of life, and die.

Most people drag their heels kicking and screaming, make ugly grinding noises in their vain attempt to justify and make sense of the horror.

On a human psychological knowing level, which has evolved as and through the capacity to understand man-made conceptual language. It's not about finding GOD...it's about finding YOU

And when you REALLY find you, you really don't want it at all...that's the moment when you let it go.

gaffo

Post by gaffo »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:22 am
I think the "beast" really has no nature of its own - but it can reflect any "nature" that you project on it.
I've been trying to win the heart of a woman I've fallen in love with for over 6 months now and it doesn't seem to be working. Apparently, nothing I can do there. So I beg to differ on your opinion of the world.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:22 am There's nothing you can do about chemistry.
correct
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:22 am Some people are notoriously bad at reading it.
nonsequitor.

either both are bad at reading it, or one party is bad at reading it (self willfull blinders (ego)).

most likley both parties can read it and the woman is just not interested. Gary is the one unwilling to read it via his emotions/ego.

if te inverse i'm sure he can still win here over - assuming she never read him - lol not likely sicne women rad folks better tan men in genral - but it could be the case. Gary in empath and his lady not so. if i were a bettign man i would not take that bet however.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:22 am I'm of the opinion that being 'in love' can't be one sided. If it is, then it's simply infatuation, or worse, obession.
95 percent of t the time i think its just that.

the 5-percent of the time is te great fomr of love - where one just loves the other without demands for reciprocity knwing they just do not love you in return - and acceting that fact.its rare but does exist.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Age wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:20 am
Is that 'it'? How old are you?
thats what i wondr about - 20 someting. as i was with such a mindset.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:45 am

No caps? It's a miracle...

At what age do you stop feeling emotional pain?
at death.

but the mindset of "i can make the girl love me/the world is sucks if i can not make her love me" i sthe mindset of a youngen.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Age wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:30 am

When the 'you' grows and matures enough to REALIZE, and thus KNOW, that 'emotions' are NOT actually 'painful' at all.
yep
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:29 am
Age wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:30 am

When the 'you' grows and matures enough to REALIZE, and thus KNOW, that 'emotions' are NOT actually 'painful' at all.
It can be the worst pain of all. Far more people commit suicide because of emotional pain (or suffering if you need to nit-pick) than physical pain.
it is, i was there 20 yrs ago, but age is right too.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:19 pm
He didn't make it like it is, Gary. We did that.

And He's got plans to deal with that.

1 Cor. 4:5 -- "...do not go on passing judgment before the time..."

Maybe don't make a judgment until after the Judgment, then.
yes the end times kingdom of god - back to eden where the lion lays with the lamb and eats straw.

i know of the Judaic/christian?Islamic theology of the end times Sir.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

gaffo wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:38 am

thats what i wondr about - 20 someting. as i was with such a mindset.
You really must be so proud of yourself for rising above the mental mindset age of 20 years old. The guy, Gary is a fully fuctioning feeling machine like everyone else, including babies. They feel distress, and cry sometimes when pain and hurt arises. Big fucking deal.

What a disgusting and arrogant thing to say, but then you are immune now aren't you. Your a big boy now aren't you. You don't feel anymore do you. Congratulations for reaching lizard mentality. Maybe one day you'll accend to dragon status.

Last edited by Dontaskme on Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:30 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:19 pm
He didn't make it like it is, Gary. We did that.

And He's got plans to deal with that.

1 Cor. 4:5 -- "...do not go on passing judgment before the time..."

Maybe don't make a judgment until after the Judgment, then.
I suppose you make a good and valid point. It just hurts like hell to live in this world sometimes. And the worst of it is when it's difficult to have hope.
hope is a jewel that i too lack sometimes.

not a christian - just an atheist - but try reading Job - it offers no hope nor aswsr, but it offers perspective - Humility.

place yourself in Job' shoes when reading the work.

BTW the work was to address the Jews as to why they were still not fre after 2 centuries under Persian rule (iif God was just He would have freed them years ago) - Job is not a real person he is Israel/Judea personified. the work dates to 250 BC - 200 yrs after Ezra/Zach/Cyrus.