Imperefct God

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Immanuel Can

Re: Imperefct God

Post by Immanuel Can »

Greatest I am wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:26 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:15 pm
Belinda wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:26 pm I do think you pay too little attention to the socio-historical situation within which these events took place.
I don't think I do pay too little attention to it. I attend to it carefully. In fact, my point about the listeners knowing about the Resurrection and about Peter eventually giving his life for what he knew to be the truth is inexplicable except in terms of the historical reality of the risen Christ.

Why would one die for the sake of something one knew, or even suspected, to be a fabrication? And why didn't the Jewish listeners instantly refute the Resurrection, if they could have?

Those are socio-historical questions, surely.
They mostly did.
Not at that time, when you would most expected them to have had a ready reply. Only their countrymen, afterward, when the real events were more distant from them and they could sustain a denial. The people who heard Peter on that occasion all readily conceded the truth of what he was saying -- the very thing they, themselves, knew to be true.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:53 pm
Lacewing wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:18 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:05 pm The Word of God tells me what true Christianity is.
People interpret words and meanings in many ways, yes?
People are often dishonest, it's true.
That's not what I said. You distort.
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:53 pm However, it's a prejudice of our age that we believe that the range of possible interpretations of any text is infinite. It's not.
Again, you distort and avoid the point that was made.
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:53 pm When God speaks, He makes Himself clear; both through speaking clearly in the first place, and by means of His Spirit.
This is your claim which ignores the fact that spiritual people have many varying interpretations, and which ignores any consideration that a god would not be limited to the specific beliefs you've latched onto and use for your own glorification.
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:05 pmI claim that the One who has the right to say what a "Christian" is, is Christ. Those who agree with him are right; those who disgree with Him are wrong. It's really that straightforward.
What's straightforward is the self-serving interpretations of your claims about people you didn't know, based on stories about an era you didn't live in. Yet you claim to know what is and is not in agreement with it. Your righteous fantasy... which somehow rationalizes you to distort in the name of what you claim as truth. :lol:
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:05 pm
YOU see the truth and YOU speak the truth.
Only if I agree with God.
Gee, what are the chances of you agreeing with God, considering you claim to know -- through your favored-yet-limited interpretations and means/methods -- what God says and thinks? Fascinating! :shock: :lol:
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:36 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:53 pm When God speaks, He makes Himself clear; both through speaking clearly in the first place, and by means of His Spirit.
This is your claim...
No, actually. It's His. I just repeat it to you.
jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:59 pm
jayjacobus wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:30 pm If you can't make your own decisions, give up trying.
"Your own decisions"? We make them all the time.

But no decision is without its criteria. If I decide this page is white an blue, it's because of a thing called "colour," that establshes my baseline understanding of what "white" and "blue" mean. If I decide a claim is true or false, it's because I weigh it against something I think I already know. If I say "Amoebae are animals," it's only because I know, and have criteria for, what an "animal" is.

So I asked:

"...what insight, axiom, principle or hermeneutic is the thing you use to decide that a part is wheat and another chaff? How do you actually do it?"

And that's a fair question. Answering it does not imply that the judgment is not "yours": rather, it means your judgment has standards, has quality and integrity in its assessments, and is potentially right. (Lack of standards would, of course, imply the opposite.)
WTF are you trying to say?

Are you insulting me?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

jayjacobus wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:12 pm
jayjacobus wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:30 pm If you can't make your own decisions, give up trying.

But no decision is without its criteria. If I decide this page is white an blue, it's because of a thing called "colour," that establshes my baseline understanding of what "white" and "blue" mean. If I decide a claim is true or false, it's because I weigh it against something I think I already know. If I say "Amoebae are animals," it's only because I know, and have criteria for, what an "animal" is.

So I asked:

"...what insight, axiom, principle or hermeneutic is the thing you use to decide that a part is wheat and another chaff? How do you actually do it?"

And that's a fair question. Answering it does not imply that the judgment is not "yours": rather, it means your judgment has standards, has quality and integrity in its assessments, and is potentially right. (Lack of standards would, of course, imply the opposite.)

Are you insulting me?
Not at all. On the contrary, I'm assuming you'll have some criteria in mind. I'm just asking what you use.
jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:39 pm
jayjacobus wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:12 pm

So I asked:

Are you insulting me?
Not at all. On the contrary, I'm assuming you'll have some criteria in mind. I'm just asking what you use.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:03 pm
This is your claim...
But God is telling me everything I've communicated to you. Maybe you don't realize who/what you're actually channeling to serve yourself. :shock:
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:40 am
This is your claim...
But God is telling me everything I've communicated to you.
I don't think so. What you tell me is contrary to what He has already said.

One thing you've got to know about God...He's consistent.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:52 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:26 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:15 pm
I don't think I do pay too little attention to it. I attend to it carefully. In fact, my point about the listeners knowing about the Resurrection and about Peter eventually giving his life for what he knew to be the truth is inexplicable except in terms of the historical reality of the risen Christ.

Why would one die for the sake of something one knew, or even suspected, to be a fabrication? And why didn't the Jewish listeners instantly refute the Resurrection, if they could have?

Those are socio-historical questions, surely.
They mostly did.
Not at that time, when you would most expected them to have had a ready reply. Only their countrymen, afterward, when the real events were more distant from them and they could sustain a denial. The people who heard Peter on that occasion all readily conceded the truth of what he was saying -- the very thing they, themselves, knew to be true.
At no time did Jewish law change.

Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

A Jew as described in the bible, steps up to his judgement.

They do not hide behind a myth like genocidal god loving Christians do.

You do not seem to know, or care, that Israel means to strive both for and against god.

Ignorance is bliss.

Regards
DL
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:08 am

Yes, the information being given to me is consistent. The god speaking to me is clearly more vast than the controlled version of a god you claim is speaking to you... so your god sounds suspiciously self-serving, and you continually demonstrate this to be true. :shock:
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:18 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:08 am

Yes, the information being given to me is consistent. The god speaking to me is clearly more vast than the controlled version of a god you claim is speaking to you... so your god sounds suspiciously self-serving, and you continually demonstrate this to be true. :shock:
Our friend is correct to some degree on consistency.

Yahweh always kills the afflicted, even though he could cure them just as easily.

Consistently evil.

Gotta love Yahweh/Jesus.

Regards
DL
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Greatest I am wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:14 am Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.
I guess I'm not seeing your point. You'd better explain, I guess.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:18 am your god sounds suspiciously self-serving
Since mainfestly you don't know me, and by your own confession you don't know God, I guess you're not in any position to say.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:16 am
Lacewing wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:18 am your god sounds suspiciously self-serving
Since mainfestly you don't know me, and by your own confession you don't know God, I guess you're not in any position to say.
I don't believe in your idea of a god, no. That leaves me clear to comment truthfully on the self-serving nature you continually demonstrate, which others have noticed and commented on too. You see, there is obviously more informing (and being informed) through spirit and awareness than what you apparently seem intent/served to imagine. That's what makes sense of such vast creative potential, and all the beings involved, whereas your entitled posturing over limited ideas and archaic stories does not make sense -- rather, it serves you, and that is the extent of it.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:00 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:22 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:34 pm
I was speaking to B. I've no interest in the polemics and drama, DAM. I'm not bothering to engage it.
You're quite a rude boy aren't you.
I've said nothing rude. Nothing above is personal. I feel no ire, and I have no malice toward you.

I've just told you the truth: I have no time to invest in mere blandishments and drama. And a while ago, to Henry and I, you admitted that that is what you love to do. And you have a right to do it. And I have a right to ignore it.

That's the truth.

That's as polite as it gets.
You are here on this forum to defend a ''dead persons'' message as being the gospel truth according to what Jesus has informed you.

Holding to the position of defense, informs others you are a rude, passive-aggressive self-righteous bigot. We're all guilty of same tactic, it's called calling out the BS....it takes two to tango...Oneness has no argument with itself. So you already separate yourself from yourself. You are in conflict with your own mental echo. God forbid if you ever meet someone else in life who is smarter than you. :shock:

Why be so condecending, you claim it's not personal, but if you really meant that, you would have no problem with any responses I make to you, but you choose to make it personal by informing me that I am not worth your time and investment.
That's very noble of you, it's almost personal.

We all love a bit of drama including you clown shoe. Gosh one part of your alliance is no longer posting on this forum because he wasn't allowed to have his own way..boo hoo, life is so hard.

Your message is clearly false, else you wouldn't have an argument, do you see the logic in that statement?...but you constantly feel the need to defend your belief as the gospel truth, that's all that is being pointed out to you.

If you know God absolutely, then there is no need to defend that knowing. But you enjoy the drama of whip and carrot.
Just pointing out the obvious to you. Ignoring the obvious, is entirely up to you, so far you have lied about that too. More drama to come from you... I expect.