Imperefct God

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Re: Imperefct God

Post by Greatest I am »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:12 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:36 pm Where in scriptures is Jesus ever anointed to Christ?
You misunderstand. "Christ" is not merely an exterior office to which one is appointed or even anointed -- as if one person or another could find themselves there.

It's an identity. "Are you THE Christ," was the question asked of Him. (Luke 22:67) Not, "are you the guy who's been anointed to the role."

There is, and can ever be, only one.

And the answer is given in Matthew 3:17.
IOW, Jesus was never anointed to Christ.

Thanks for your lack of honesty.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:15 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:03 pm Where can god not go?
If "all is one," then God cannot "go" anywhere. In fact, neither He nor you can "exist" at all.

To "go," one has to move between two places. But if "all is one," there are no "places," and no "you" or "me" distinct from those places to be "going" anywhere.

In fact, there is no "where" either.
Stupid.

Regards
DL
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Greatest I am wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:29 pm Jesus was never anointed to Christ.
You're not getting it.

"Christ" is not an office. It's not a title. It's an identity. It is who He is, not a function of what was or was not done to Him.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Greatest I am wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:29 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:15 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:03 pm Where can god not go?
If "all is one," then God cannot "go" anywhere. In fact, neither He nor you can "exist" at all.

To "go," one has to move between two places. But if "all is one," there are no "places," and no "you" or "me" distinct from those places to be "going" anywhere.

In fact, there is no "where" either.
Stupid.
Well, with such deep intellectual content in your response, it's hard to know how to respond to that.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:02 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:29 pm Jesus was never anointed to Christ.
You're not getting it.

"Christ" is not an office. It's not a title. It's an identity. It is who He is, not a function of what was or was not done to Him.
Immanuel, will you ever be able to understand the nature of history? Reason is not inimical to Christianity. Quite the contrary!
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Greatest I am wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:43 pm
Belinda wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:44 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:19 pm
No, I can't "admit" them. I am not the doorkeeper. I have no say.

Only Christ has a say. And He tells us very clearly that they are not His.

So that's that.
But if Christ is God , and each person is the hands and voice of God (Teresa Of Avila) then each God-fearing person should try to imitate God's mercy and understanding.
Mercy?

What is merciful in Noah's genocide or Jesus' pending Armageddon?

Where is mercy and understanding of decent morals in a god who can cure as easily as kill, Yet always kills.

Mercy, and the literalist Christian view of Yahweh and Jesus, are not compatible.

There is no mercy in genocide, homophobia or misogyny. All religious staples. Bless their evil hearts.

Regards
DL
The thing about Jesus as Christ is that he in his life on Earth showed how moral evil , such as genocide, homophobia, or misogyny , can be overcome. It is unfortunate JC did not pronounce upon earthquakes and plagues but for that we have Job of the OT, and JC as a good Jew also had Job.

Regarding JC as Christ, when we imitate JC we deplore genocide,homophobia, and misogyny.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Immanuel Can wrote:
Well yes, but I was referring to how your version of God has man near the top of a hierarchy of which God is the top, and animals and plants lower than man.
That's Biblical. And it's empirical too, of course. And I believe even you know it's true, as well. For I'll bet you eat plants, and you surely swat mosquitoes and bluebottle flies, too. Kind of "anthropocentric," don't you think?

Heck, if you expect me to "feel bad" about the natural hierarchy that places man above the animals, then you're asking me to do something you will never ask of an ape, a fox, an amoeba or a stalk of barley. :shock:

So you're acting as if that hierarchy is true, even while you're complaining about it. Pretty funny, if you think about it.
Genesis chapter One explains evil about as well as anything IMO. Man is thrown out from Eden into this world which by its nature is a relative world of good/evil and mixtures of the two poles.

I am not JC and I can't help eating to stay alive. Every thing that lives has an ecological footprint. My concern is not to completely dispel evil as that is
impossible. The best anyone can do is lessen one's ecological impact by travelling only when necessary, eating as little dairy and meat as you can manage, and using as little of consumer products as you can manage. It is a great help in those efforts when you lose any idea that man is morally superior to other creatures.

I ask you to feel bad about your presumption that power equals right. Even traditional Christians have replaced dominion with stewardship.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Belinda wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:55 am
You're not getting it.

Immanuel, will you ever be able to understand the nature of history? Reason is not inimical to Christianity. Quite the contrary!
Nothing said above suggests what you imply there. I have to marvel that you've jumped so wildly to an absurd extrapolation. Did you read?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Belinda wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:18 pm
That's Biblical. And it's empirical too, of course. And I believe even you know it's true, as well. For I'll bet you eat plants, and you surely swat mosquitoes and bluebottle flies, too. Kind of "anthropocentric," don't you think?

Heck, if you expect me to "feel bad" about the natural hierarchy that places man above the animals, then you're asking me to do something you will never ask of an ape, a fox, an amoeba or a stalk of barley. :shock:

So you're acting as if that hierarchy is true, even while you're complaining about it. Pretty funny, if you think about it.
I am not JC and I can't help eating to stay alive.
That surely is the case. But you can't afterwards allege there is anything wrong with regarding man and woman as being at the top of a hierarchy of Creation. That's just so obviously true that even you, though you make that allegation, can't live contrary to it.
I ask you to feel bad about your presumption that power equals right.
If I ever had made that presumption, maybe I would have reason to feel bad about it. As it is, I have no such reason.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

You're not getting it.

You are giving Jesus a title he never earned and you don't care if you perpetuate your lie.

Regards
DL
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Greatest I am wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:21 pm
You're not getting it.

You are giving Jesus a title he never earned
Still missing the point.

It's not just a "title," as if it could be conferred on anyone else. It's an identification. It's who He is, not merely a title of office.

I could no more "give" it to him than I can "give" you your own name -- I can only recognize the truth of it, or fail to do so. I cannot "give" or "take it away."
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:23 pm
You're not getting it.

Still missing the point.

It's not just a "title," as if it could be conferred on anyone else. It's an identification. It's who He is, not merely a title of office.

I could no more "give" it to him than I can "give" you your own name -- I can only recognize the truth of it, or fail to do so. I cannot "give" or "take it away."
Go lie to someone as ill informed as you are.

Regards
DL
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Greatest I am wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:32 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:23 pm

Still missing the point.

Go lie to someone as ill informed as you are.
Another stunningly intelligent contribution.

I find myself puzzled by your closer. The term "regards" must have some special, esoteric, gnostic meaning for you. It certainly has no relationship to what the term means to ordinary folks.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:05 pm
Belinda wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:18 pm

I am not JC and I can't help eating to stay alive.
That surely is the case. But you can't afterwards allege there is anything wrong with regarding man and woman as being at the top of a hierarchy of Creation. That's just so obviously true that even you, though you make that allegation, can't live contrary to it.
I ask you to feel bad about your presumption that power equals right.
If I ever had made that presumption, maybe I would have reason to feel bad about it. As it is, I have no such reason.
There are those who claim man was installed by God to be permanently at the top of a power hierarchy i.e. to have dominion over all else except the angels. This hubris will lead to the downfall of civilisation by way of environmental degradation.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:01 pm
Belinda wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:55 am
You're not getting it.

Nothing said above suggests what you imply there. I have to marvel that you've jumped so wildly to an absurd extrapolation. Did you read?
Jesus is historical: Christ is mythical.
Belief in historiography depends on reason: belief in myth depends on faith.