Imperefct God

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

Re: my god

Post by henry quirk »

gaffo wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:07 am
henry quirk wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:16 pm Don't forget Crom, on his mountain, indifferent.
Gnostics ignore Atonement, so the cross is immateril to them. and utterly irrelivent - all they care about is the message their Christ had to those that heard him speak.
I'm not gnostic...not sure what Crom, a deist's god, has to do with gnosticism.

Anyway: good to see you, guy...it's been a little while.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:16 pm Don't forget Crom, on his mountain, indifferent.
Gnostics ignore Atonement, so the cross is immateril to them. and utterly irrelivent - all they care about is the message their Christ had to those that heard him speak.
Imagine if he wrote: "Christians ignore atonement, and the cross is immaterial to them and utterly irrelevant." Would anybody believe him?

And yet, he insists that there's such a thing as a "Christian Gnostic." :shock:

Go figure.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:00 pm
Imagine if he wrote: "Christians ignore atonement, and the cross is immaterial to them and utterly irrelevant." Would anybody believe him?

Go figure.
There's all kinda mish-mashes of christian-fill in the _____.

I think there's even christian-deism...lord knows how that works.

Seems to me: a lotta folks are invested in watering Christianity down.
RCSaunders

Re: Imperefct God

Post by RCSaunders »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:09 am Ignore the word "cult" if you want. It won't change anything. Gnosticism is not at all Christian, and cannot be, regardless of what anybody claims. Anybody who thinks otherwise simply has no idea what a "Christian" is.
The last time I checked there is no copyright on the term, "Christian." There is no universally accepted meaning of that word, which is why the world is filled with religions that call themselves Christian, including the syncretistic versions of Christianity mixing voodoo and animism with Biblical teaching in Africa and South America, Christian Science, Mormonism, even political parties. The term Christian includes innumerable ideologies and superstitions.

You may not like that, but there is no authority determining who or what can be called Christian.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:15 pm Seems to me: a lotta folks are invested in watering Christianity down.
Oh, that's for sure.

But that's an Achilles heel of all that nonsense: the lies always seem to cluster around the truth.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

RCSaunders wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:29 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:09 am Ignore the word "cult" if you want. It won't change anything. Gnosticism is not at all Christian, and cannot be, regardless of what anybody claims. Anybody who thinks otherwise simply has no idea what a "Christian" is.
The last time I checked there is no copyright on the term, "Christian."
Actually, there is.

Christ retains the right to define it. And after that, it matters not a whit what anybody else thinks. Belonging to Christ is decided by what He knows, not by what anybody else says.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:39 pm
RCSaunders wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:29 pm
The last time I checked there is no copyright on the term, "Christian."
Actually, there is.

Christ retains the right to define it. And after that, it matters not a whit what anybody else thinks. Belonging to Christ is decided by what He knows, not by what anybody else says.
Well, you, like everyone else, are entitled to your opinion, but that's all it is.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

there is no authority determining who or what can be called Christian

That makes about as much sense as sayin' there is no authority determining what or who can be called woman.

Well, that's objective biology, Henry. Christianity is a collection of ideas. You're a pinhead!

So, we can redefine notions as we like?

Welcome to your Orwellian nightmare.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
MAN IS WOMAN
CHRISTIANITY IS GNOSTICISM
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:47 am
Greatest I am wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:08 am
It's complicated, but that was it, in a nutshell.
Apologies buddy but you know the Gnostic Christian myth but not the reality...
I have no idea what you are. But I know what the Gnostic texts say Gnostics think. I have many of them here, on my shelf.

And I promise you, there is no such thing at all as "Christian Gnosticism," any more than there's "Christian Zoroastrianism," "Christian Islamism" or "Christian Satanism." What there is, is a cultic group who call themselves "Christian Gnostics," and who employ (for their own purposes) motifs and characters borrowed from Christian traditions, but whose beliefs are contrary to everything Christians actually believe. And they have absolutely no justification for using that adjective at all.
Which applies to all Christians, given that Jesus was never elected to be anointed nor was he ever anointed to Christ by his people.

His people did take his failed messiah attempt on their heads though.

That shows faith in their ancient myths, that Jesus himself did not believe in.

He let his death wish led him to suicide.

You are correct about the Christian anything. Who suggested such stupidity?

It is Gnostic to anything. Gnosis precedes everything.

Your thinking is poor.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

RCSaunders wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:26 am
Greatest I am wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:27 am
RCSaunders wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:42 pm
So exactly what is an anti-duck?
Elmer Fud.

Regards
DL
I thought Fud was an anti-wabbit.
I do not think he was meant to discriminate against other deserving of death characters.

Collateral damage was not an issue the way it is with religions and their gay and female victims.

I like the left but the right has got to smarten up.

Regards
DL
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Greatest I am wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:00 pm
RCSaunders wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:26 am
Greatest I am wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:27 am

Elmer Fud.

Regards
DL
I thought Fud was an anti-wabbit.
I do not think he was meant to discriminate against other deserving of death characters.

Collateral damage was not an issue the way it is with religions and their gay and female victims.

I like the left but the right has got to smarten up.

Regards
DL
So, you're pro-wabbit?
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Belinda wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:01 pm Greatest I Am quoted:
[Those who] become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] become acquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are the sons of the living Father.

But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

This is a claim for idealism(immaterialism) and also for that variety of panpsychism
that claims the existence of absolute mind.
Good point.

I seek a definitive answer to that as well.

I have claimed what you might see as apotheosis or theosis.

This Gnostic Christians found what I first thought to be a cosmic consciousness.

The Father Complex and my naturalistic side has produced doubt.

What has complicated my landing on a side, is that I know that I can do telepathy, and I have tasted a single mind, and either my full mind, or that of a cosmic consciousness. That or an alien.

I cannot know for sure, because one cannot see where he is when in another consciousness. It would be like you trying to find a radio station from just one long gone few seonds of signal.

I think I am kind of unique, but have nothing but a live witness to my telepathic ability as concrete proof.

Keep the ego barbs. I am just one of the few who sought to know more.

People have ignored some truths forever.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

seeds wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:04 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:03 am
seeds wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:11 pm
Of course that is possible.

Furthermore, what is it about the universe that implies that its Creator might be "imperfect" in some way?

In other words, what would its Creator have to do to the universe in order to make himself seem more "perfect"?
_______
Show his genocidal ass at the Haigh in handcuff and leg irons. Hopefully with a signed confession and scion ide pill already working.

He is not worth my bullet with his vile name on it.

Regards
DL
How many times do I have to point out that if there is indeed a transcendent Entity that is responsible for the creation of the trillions upon trillions of suns and planets of this universe,...

...then this Entity is as far above humans in scope and consciousness as humans are above amoebas, and bears absolutely no resemblance to the anthropomorphized nonsense that you keep ranting about in your posts.

Normally I would implore you to try and extricate yourself from the delusional bubble in which you are shadow-boxing with a mythological creature, but you seem to be enjoying it far too much to want to quit.

My only question is: why do you focus so intensely on just Yahweh when there are so many other mythological gods you could complain about?

For example, check out this list I collected from a site called "Museum Facts" [bracketed comments mine]:
Museum Facts wrote:
Let’s take a look at the 12 Evil Gods you should steer clear of!

1) Chernobog- the Slavic god of bad fate

2) Set- a murderous evil Egyptian god

3) Sekhmet- the punisher of humankind

4) Hel- the cruel ruler of the Norse Underworld

5) Loviatar- the Finnish god of death and disease

6) Whiro- the embodiment of all evil

7) Apophis- the evil god who embodied chaos [presently reincarnated as Donald Trump]

8] Lamashtu- the evil god who menaced women [again, Donald Trump]

9) Lilith- the demoness who vowed revenge on all men

10) Ahriman- the evil god of strife and disappointment [dang, Trump again]

11) Adro- the evil African deity

12) Nergal- the evil god who killed people on a whim
And that's just a small handful of candidates for you to rail against, never mind the ones in Greek, Roman, Hindu, Japanese, and various other mythologies.

So, again, why focus and expend all of your vitriol and disdain on just poor old mythical Yahweh when there are so many others to choose from?
_______
Because a hole Christians continue to discriminate against women and gays without a just cause, likely due to adoring a genocidal p**** of a god.

They are morally inferior and need all the correction our collective love can give the poor bastards.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Go figure.
Eh.

It is Gnostic Christian, usually.

Who were you referring to and can I have a quote?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:15 pm

Go figure.
There's all kinda mish-mashes of christian-fill in the _____.

I think there's even christian-deism...lord knows how that works.

Seems to me: a lotta folks are invested in watering Christianity down.
All definitions are softening and as an esoteric ecumenist, I think that that is a good thing.

I picked these up for an example of softening terms

Since following an ideology is a prerequisite of religion, atheism can be considered a religion, since atheists draws on philosophical ideologies to guide ideas, behaviors, and actions, like that of any religion. That is why atheist churches are called atheist churches.

Atheists Are Sometimes More Religious Than Christians
A new study shows how poorly we understand the beliefs of people who identify as atheist, agnostic, or nothing in particular.

Americans are deeply religious people—and atheists are no exception. Western Europeans are deeply secular people—and Christians are no exception.

These twin statements are generalizations, but they capture the essence of a fascinating finding in a new study about Christian identity in Western Europe. By surveying almost 25,000 people in 15 countries in the region, and comparing the results with data previously gathered in the U.S., the Pew Research Center discovered three things.

First, researchers confirmed the widely known fact that, overall, Americans are much more religious than Western Europeans. They gauged religious commitment using standard questions, including “Do you believe in God with absolute certainty?” and “Do you pray daily?”

Second, the researchers found that American “nones”—those who identify as atheist, agnostic, or nothing in particular—are more religious than European nones. The notion that religiously unaffiliated people can be religious at all may seem contradictory, but if you disaffiliate from organized religion it does not necessarily mean you’ve sworn off belief in God, say, or prayer.

The third finding reported in the study is by far the most striking. As it turns out, “American ‘nones’ are as religious as—or even more religious than—Christians in several European countries, including France, Germany, and the U.K.”

“That was a surprise,” Neha Sahgal, the lead researcher on the study, told me. “That’s the comparison that’s fascinating to me.” She highlighted the fact that whereas only 23 percent of European Christians say they believe in God with absolute certainty, 27 percent of American nones say this.

America is a country so suffused with faith that religious attributes abound even among the secular. Consider the rise of “atheist churches,” which cater to Americans who have lost faith in supernatural deities but still crave community, enjoy singing with others, and want to think deeply about morality. It’s religion, minus all the God stuff. This is a phenomenon spreading across the country, from the Seattle Atheist Church to the North Texas Church of Freethought. The Oasis Network, which brings together non-believers to sing and learn every Sunday morning, has affiliates in nine U.S. cities.

Last month, almost 1,000 people streamed into a [Atheist] church in San Francisco for an unprecedented event billed as “Beyoncé Mass.” Most were people of color and members of the LGBTQ community. Many were secular. They used Queen Bey’s songs, which are replete with religious symbolism, as the basis for a communal celebration—one that had all the trappings of a religious service. That seemed completely fitting to some, including one reverend who said, “Beyoncé is a better theologian than many of the pastors and priests in our church today.”
https://www.theatlantic.com/interna...t ... ns/560936/