Imperefct God

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Re: Imperefct God

Post by Greatest I am »

"All have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God,"

Created ill, and condemned by the incompetence of the creator.

You have really poor morals. I hope you do not have children.

What sin did you do to earn the punishment of hell?

How much glory do you give to genocidal characters?

How much glory do you give St. Hitler?

Regards
DL
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

The miracles were not faked they were huge distortions of what happened.
What's your evidence for that conclusion?
Miracles, i.e interventions by God into history, don't happen. Paranormal events are probably coincidences.

As for Jesus' killing by the Romans, the Palestinian occupation was exrtraordinarily brutal even for the Romans who crucified many Jews.
They were. But it takes a special trick to get them to do it on cue, just when the prophet Daniel said they would. And you have to wonder, assuming it was calculated as you suggest, what "win" this would have given Jesus: after all, he'd be kind of dead, wouldn't he? There's not much comfort in being the ex-Messiah, so far as I can see.
The Bible is not history as we understand history now. There are no winners . Some people choose to be martyrs for their cause , and it is appalling that Jesus of Nazareth was crucified.
The Koran is conserved with religious zeal in its original written( Arabic)version.
Actually, no.

I can see you don't know anything about the history of the Koran either. Mohammed himself, as any Muslim will happily tell you, was totally illiterate. Not only DID he not write anything; he COULDN'T. Muslims are actually proud of that fact, and they say it makes the Koran miraculous.

The Koran was assembled from bits of saying his later followers attributed to him -- scraps from various places and people, collected after his death -- all of which were gathered up, debated by his followers, and then assembled -- purely by length -- into the Koran. The sayings they found that were attributed to Mohammed but his followers decided were not his, they burned. And what's left became the Koran.

Just read it...it's brutally boring, I have to warn you. It's basically a whole book of "fortune cookie like" sayings many of which are pretty ridiculous, and some of which are downright morally awful. As books go, you'll find many that are far more elegant and vastly more wise than that book. But just read it, and you'll see.

Maybe just go to "The Chapter of Women," for a start. You can read in that how it is "appropriate" to treat one's wife. You'll like that.

You are probably right about the history of the Koran. The Koran is conserved by its being especially revered in Arabic which is closer to Muhammad than is English.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Jori wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:55 am Many philosophers offer solutions to the problem of evil while maintaining that God is perfect. They reconcile evil with an all-powerful and all-good God by such concepts as free will, uniformity of nature, and that this is the best possible evolutionary world.
However we can also explain evil with an imperfect God. Evil exists because God is not all-powerful, not all-good, or both. But philosophers cannot accept an imperfect God. God must be perfect. Why? Can you accept an imperfect God, like those in Greek mytholgy?
You might want to read this article. Simply God, if there is any, must be the efficient cause (has no potentiality) therefore He has to be perfect (lack nothing).
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

bahman wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:02 pm
Jori wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:55 am Many philosophers offer solutions to the problem of evil while maintaining that God is perfect. They reconcile evil with an all-powerful and all-good God by such concepts as free will, uniformity of nature, and that this is the best possible evolutionary world.
However we can also explain evil with an imperfect God. Evil exists because God is not all-powerful, not all-good, or both. But philosophers cannot accept an imperfect God. God must be perfect. Why? Can you accept an imperfect God, like those in Greek mytholgy?
You might want to read this article. Simply God, if there is any, must be the efficient cause (has no potentiality) therefore He has to be perfect (lack nothing).
A God would indeed lack nothing, and thus would not need or want recognition or adoration.

It seems that all religions either have an imperfect god, or one who has to rely on us to satisfy his needs.

God is then beholden to mankind.

You would think he, if I look at Yahweh, would treat us better, the genocidal homophobic and misogynous p****.

Regards
DL
bahman

Post by bahman »

Greatest I am wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:21 pm
bahman wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:02 pm
A God would indeed lack nothing, and thus would not need or want recognition or adoration.

It seems that all religions either have an imperfect god, or one who has to rely on us to satisfy his needs.

God is then beholden to mankind.

You would think he, if I look at Yahweh, would treat us better, the genocidal homophobic and misogynous p****.

Regards
DL
True.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Thanks.

Regards
DL