The Concept of God

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Re: The Concept of God

Post by Greatest I am »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:46 am
Greatest I am wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:07 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:41 pm

If whim is evil, in the respect one is more likely to commit evil following it, then you are claiming an objective morality; however if your morality is objective, in the respect it is determined by some authority beyond it, then you are acting as an authority. If acting as an authority is moral then it is immoral not to act as said authority yet this objective if determined by some authority beyond the self...thus you are not your own authority and the morality contradicts itself.

In simpler terms one is following an authority beyond there own if they are acting as their own authority; therefore they are not there own authority and they contradict themself.

Dually the laws of reason contradict themselves as evidenced by the math section; what is logic and reason?
If, is a lousy way to start a sentence.

I did not posit an objective moral tenet.

Whims, like all things, has a dualistic nature holding both good and evil aspects.

Your last is foolish.

Who is the authority you bend the knee to?

Who does your choosing and judging of morals for you?

Regards
DL
To say one is the sole authority is to submit to a law stating one is the sole authority thus a contradiction occurs as one is not the sole authority if following a law.
If; sure; if you have accepted it as a part of your overall ideology and set of laws or rules to follow.

That is what we all do and that is why we should and are our best authority, once we fell we can step up. Many are called etc.

Your point points to a Catch 22.

If you have given yourself the command to accept and submit to some god or law, you can do so again should you change your views.

We Gnostic Christians try to exemplify this and are perpetual seekers of the best rules and laws to live by, --- our definition of God and our internal God, I am, --- and trying to raise our bar of excellence is why we label Yahweh/Jesus a vile demiurge.

Regards
DL
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Greatest I am wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:07 pm

If, is a lousy way to start a sentence.

I did not posit an objective moral tenet.

Whims, like all things, has a dualistic nature holding both good and evil aspects.

Your last is foolish.

Who is the authority you bend the knee to?

Who does your choosing and judging of morals for you?

Regards
DL
To say one is the sole authority is to submit to a law stating one is the sole authority thus a contradiction occurs as one is not the sole authority if following a law.
If; sure; if you have accepted it as a part of your overall ideology and set of laws or rules to follow.

That is what we all do and that is why we should and are our best authority, once we fell we can step up. Many are called etc.

If you have given yourself the command to accept and submit to some god or law, you can do so again should you change your views.

We Gnostic Christians try to exemplify this and are perpetual seekers of the best rules and laws to live by, --- our definition of God and our internal God, I am, --- and trying to raise our bar of excellence is why we label Yahweh/Jesus a vile demiurge.

Regards
DL
If you are perpetual seekers of laws and rules to live by then you are absent of laws and rules given one does not seek what they already have.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:19 am

Regards
DL
If you are perpetual seekers of laws and rules to live by then you are absent of laws and rules given one does not seek what they already have.
??

I have my bench mark laws and rules that I follow, just as you do.

I just perpetually question all things and cherry pick and absorb the best.

Laws and thinking have improved over time, but if you do not care to update to the best, as new data is found, then stick to the older thinking.

Many do that and end in adoring a genocidal p**** of a god and his homophobic and misogynous religions.

I have moved above that immorality. Christians should as well.

Regards
DL
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Greatest I am wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:32 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:19 am

Regards
DL
??

I have my bench mark laws and rules that I follow, just as you do.

I just perpetually question all things and cherry pick and absorb the best.

Laws and thinking have improved over time, but if you do not care to update to the best, as new data is found, then stick to the older thinking.

Many do that and end in adoring a genocidal p**** of a god and his homophobic and misogynous religions.

I have moved above that immorality. Christians should as well.

Regards
DL
To acknowledge rules is to acknowledge a higher power as the rules are governers of actions.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Tell me about it.

Look at the rules that promote inquisitions, jihads, homophobia and misogyny.

All good Christian rules eh?

Regards
DL
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Concept is God, but God is not concept.

Equals the ABSOLUTE TRUTH.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Greatest I am wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:28 pm Tell me about it.

Regards
DL
Life is a dream no one can see but you.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:50 am
Greatest I am wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:28 pm Tell me about it.

Regards
DL
Life is a dream no one can see but you.

Fucking hypocrites run from looking. Right?

Regards
DL