The Concept of God

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: The Concept of God

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Fuck your 'god'. Grow up!
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:15 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:24 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:20 pm

Not when following an objective moral code with this objectivity necessitated by multiple people observing the same set of conditions.

Personal morality does not follow objective moral conditions given if it did it would not be personal.

Your morality is personal as Gnosticism is premised on personal choice.
There are no objective moral codes.

That was just a deflection on your part.

The topic was the ability of believers to judge god, while denying others that same privilege.

They find a genocidal p**** good, somehow, while saying we cannot judge if we judge genocidal gods to be G D pricks.

Regards
DL
You follow no objective moral code yet paradoxically judge God for being immoral. One cannot judge unless there is an objective standard.
This is not true.

I know of no objective moral tenet and you cannot show it.

Regards
DL
Last edited by Greatest I am on Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:15 am Fuck your 'god'. Grow up!
As a moral adult, I would love to give Yahweh screwing.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:20 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:27 pm Not when following an objective moral code with this objectivity necessitated by multiple people observing the same set of conditions.

Too stupid to comment on, but, the S.S. followed the same fascist code as Christianity does.

Real moral that. Right?

Regards
DL
But the S.S. did not follow the same code as Christianity so your point is false. Objectivity requires an underlying common core amidst multiple perspectives. This can be construed as there being multiple objective truths which clash but is not the case considering there is an underlying shared sub qualities which exist under these multiple "objective" states.

Stealing is immoral across multiple cultures, so is blasphemy of a higher power. There is objective morality.
Show your higher power.

Yahweh is a p****. Note how I am still here.

If your higher power allows me to do as I do, he has a defect of not having any pride.

You fear your imagine p**** of a god.

You are not a fit human.

Regards
DL
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Greatest I am wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:23 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:15 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:24 pm

There are no objective moral codes.

That was just a deflection on your part.

The topic was the ability of believers to judge god, while denying others that same privilege.

They find a genocidal p**** good, somehow, while saying we cannot judge if we judge genocidal gods to be G D pricks.

Regards
DL
You follow no objective moral code yet paradoxically judge God for being immoral. One cannot judge unless there is an objective standard.
This is not true.

I know of no objective moral tenet and you cannot show it.

Regards
DL
If there is no objective moral code then how can you say God is immoral considering "immorality" or the "act of ceasing to be moral" would necessitate going against a standard set by a code.
Last edited by Eodnhoj7 on Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Greatest I am wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:29 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:27 pm Not when following an objective moral code with this objectivity necessitated by multiple people observing the same set of conditions.

Too stupid to comment on, but, the S.S. followed the same fascist code as Christianity does.

Real moral that. Right?

Regards
DL
But the S.S. did not follow the same code as Christianity so your point is false. Objectivity requires an underlying common core amidst multiple perspectives. This can be construed as there being multiple objective truths which clash but is not the case considering there is an underlying shared sub qualities which exist under these multiple "objective" states.

Stealing is immoral across multiple cultures, so is blasphemy of a higher power. There is objective morality.
Show your higher power.

If your higher power allows me to do as I do, he has a defect of not having any pride.

You are not a fit human.

Regards
DL
1. The totality of being is a higher power as it transcends the relative.

2. God allowing you to do what you will only points to the effect of God not being harmed by your actions.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:46 pm

Show your higher power.

You are not a fit human.

Regards
DL

2. God allowing you to do what you will only points to the effect of God not being harmed by your actions.
Correct, in as lying kind of way, which shows how big of a p**** he is for condemning his own creation.

He should work on reducing the numbers of defectives in his incompetent creating.

Everything you say of god is a lie, unless you have first hand information.

Prove me wrong.

Regards
DL
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Greatest I am wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:19 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:46 pm

Show your higher power.

You are not a fit human.

Regards
DL

Correct, in as lying kind of way, which shows how big of a p**** he is for condemning his own creation.

He should work on reducing the numbers of defectives in his incompetent creating.

Everything you say of god is a lie, unless you have first hand information.

Prove me wrong.

Regards
DL
Defection can only be pointed towards through the relative....God, as the totality of being, transcends the relative.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Gibberish.

Thanks.

Regards
DL
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Greatest I am wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:20 pm Gibberish.

Thanks.

Regards
DL
You can only understand perfection through comparison. Comparison occurs through the relation of one thing to another. This relationship necessitates being as broken down into parts. God as the whole of being transcends this relative particulation.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:18 pm

Thanks.

Regards
DL
You can only understand perfection through comparison. Comparison occurs through the relation of one thing to another. This relationship necessitates being as broken down into parts. God as the whole of being transcends this relative particulation.
Yes, however there are other absolutes besides God. There is absolute mind, and there is existence itself.

I agree that each entity is defined by what it is not, or as I wrote, defined by its environment.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Belinda wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:25 pm

Thanks.

Regards
DL
Yes, however there are other absolutes besides God. There is absolute mind, and there is existence itself.

I agree that each entity is defined by what it is not, or as I wrote, defined by its environment.
Yes, however all of these Absolutes are connected through their very same nature of being an absolute. Thus, through this connection, one absolute expresses itself through another absolute. This necessitates God, as the relative beginning point of measurement in this exercise, existing through other absolutes with these absolutes being approximations of God.

One absolute existing through another necessitates a beginning point of measurement, ie picking one of the many absolutes (in this case God), in determining which absolute permeates through another. Ideally they all permeate eachother through there very same nature of being an absolute.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:47 pm

Yes, however all of these Absolutes are connected through their very same nature of being an absolute. Thus, through this connection, one absolute expresses itself through another absolute. This necessitates God, as the relative beginning point of measurement in this exercise, existing through other absolutes with these absolutes being approximations of God.

One absolute existing through another necessitates a beginning point of measurement, ie picking one of the many absolutes (in this case God), in determining which absolute permeates through another. Ideally they all permeate eachother through there very same nature of being an absolute.
I agree "all of these Absolutes are connected through their very same nature of being an absolute".. I can see that and I appreciate that you do too, and also some others here. What stops my agreement with you, and I don't positively disagree is what measurement has to do with relationships between entities.
By "measurement" do you mean the number of shared attributes such that it may be claimed one human shares more with another human than he shares with a rabbit?

Does God do arithmetic?
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Belinda wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:33 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:47 pm

I agree "all of these Absolutes are connected through their very same nature of being an absolute".. I can see that and I appreciate that you do too, and also some others here. What stops my agreement with you, and I don't positively disagree is what measurement has to do with relationships between entities.
By "measurement" do you mean the number of shared attributes such that it may be claimed one human shares more with another human than he shares with a rabbit?

Does God do arithmetic?
When we measure something we singularize one aspect of the whole from the whole itself. "Measurement" and "conceptualization" can be viewed as synonymous in these regards. This act of singularizing seperates it from the whole. So when we look at the totality of reality and choose to focus in on one aspect, that of the "absolute", we choose a beginning point to a causal chain when in reality any point can be chosen and still result in a causal chain. By causal chain I mean the connection of one phenomenon to another.

When we measure something, as in singularize it or "concieve" it, we create a beginning portion of a chain which results in other conceptualizations/measurements which are connected to the prior. To measure is to observe a relationship as one thing changes into another thing. This is the heart of singularizing because when we singularize we observe a point of change from one phenomenon into another given no being exists on its own terms.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Thanks.

Regards
DL
Only if there is a real god.

Supernatural thinking is foolish thinking.

If comparing is what you recommend, then Yahweh/Jesus, by most measures, is one big p**** of god, if one looks from a moral perspective.

Regards
DL