Religion is Man- Made

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

for DAM

Post by henry quirk »

18ACD727-0DCA-4FA7-A8CE-D5A390A362EB.jpeg
18ACD727-0DCA-4FA7-A8CE-D5A390A362EB.jpeg (56.31 KiB) Viewed 1715 times
Lacewing

Re: for DAM

Post by Lacewing »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:51 pm [image]
Okay, that made me laugh out loud. :lol:
Dontaskme

Re: for no one

Post by Dontaskme »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:51 pmImage

You're not doing anything. Your'e just not sitting there being alive.

Can't have you're cake and eat it too.
BeatriceMom

Re: Religion is Man- Made

Post by BeatriceMom »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:25 am
attofishpi wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:47 pm

Re 'sentient ' creatures comment, I'll still let the blokes at the abattoir do that job, I'd prefer to do my job, and enjoy what delicious meats they can provide.
Just to clean, clear up this mess. Animals do not cook their food, their brains didn't evolve to the sophistication that the human brain did.
Humans figured out how to make fire, by observing natural self starting fire.

Do human beings eat RAW beef, chicken, lamb, pig, or any other white, pink or red meat? ... not many, most cook it first because it's more palatable for them, cooked meat turns to sugar. Hence cooked meats popularity.

What if people just stopped eating meat altogether, and said no more hypocritical senseless killing of animals....Humans already know they do not need to eat meat to survive as a functional living sentient creature.

What if there were no one manning the slaughter houses for the voiceless sentience. What if the only way people could get hold of meat was to actually go out and slaughter the innocent defenceless animals themselves, using their own private volition. And then also have to do all the necessary preparation that is involved in preserving the meat so it's edible and safe for human consumption. Do you think humans would still bother to eat meat then ?

Seems like we make life conveinent only for ourselves, and sod the rest of nature. Nature has no mind to know it is eating itself.

Therefore there is no God. Reality has no mind to know it is mainly for the most part comprised of suffering and torture and mindless canabilistic senseless killing.

I think people would still eat meat, even if there were no livestock farms. Just in this case, many species of animals would be on the verge of extinction. This is part of our nature. Healthy body growth is impossible without animal protein.

I think the future of humanity is in space exploration. If there is the possibility of creating colonies and mining on other planets (as well as disposing of garbage outside the Earth), this will help future generations to live in a prosperous world.

I thought about this when my children became interested in astronomy. When I was choosing a telescope and reading this review, thoughts about colonization and the future of humanity came to me.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

BeatriceMom wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:49 pm

Re 'sentient ' creatures comment, I'll still let the blokes at the abattoir do that job, I'd prefer to do my job, and enjoy what delicious meats they can provide.
Just to clean, clear up this mess. Animals do not cook their food, their brains didn't evolve to the sophistication that the human brain did.

Do human beings eat RAW beef, chicken, lamb, pig, or any other white, pink or red meat? ... not many, most cook it first because it's more palatable for them, cooked meat turns to sugar. Hence cooked meats popularity.

What if people just stopped eating meat altogether, and said no more hypocritical senseless killing of animals....Humans already know they do not need to eat meat to survive as a functional living sentient creature.

What if there were no one manning the slaughter houses for the voiceless sentience. What if the only way people could get hold of meat was to actually go out and slaughter the innocent defenceless animals themselves, using their own private volition. And then also have to do all the necessary preparation that is involved in preserving the meat so it's edible and safe for human consumption. Do you think humans would still bother to eat meat then ?

Seems like we make life conveinent only for ourselves, and sod the rest of nature. Nature has no mind to know it is eating itself.

Therefore there is no God. Reality has no mind to know it is mainly for the most part comprised of suffering and torture and mindless canabilistic senseless killing.

I think people would still eat meat, even if there were no livestock farms. Just in this case, many species of animals would be on the verge of extinction. This is part of our nature. Healthy body growth is impossible without animal protein.

I think the future of humanity is in space exploration. If there is the possibility of creating colonies and mining on other planets (as well as disposing of garbage outside the Earth), this will help future generations to live in a prosperous world.

I thought about this when my children became interested in astronomy. When I was choosing a telescope and reading
There is no future for humans in Space.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

First we have to survive climate change, the full consequences of which will be upon us long before we get really productive in creating colonies and mining other planets. Also, how about not disposing garbage outside the earth - always looking for some other place to pollute - but recycling it instead! Nature recycles all the time. We can't ever claim to have a viable technology if we can't do the same.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

I thought about this when my children became interested in astronomy. When I was choosing a telescope and reading this review, thoughts about colonization and the future of humanity came to me.
Laboratory grown muscle tissue is now possible and is at the stage of commercial devolopment. It will take will on the parts of the big agri-businesses to switch production from whole living animals to mass production of synthetic muscle tissue grown from stem cells.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:27 am “ A theologian is like a blind man in a dark room searching for a black cat which isn't there - and finding it! “ - unknown

“Since no one really knows anything about God, those who think they do are just troublemakers” Rabia Al-Basri

“Religion is man-made. Even the men who made it cannot agree on what their prophets or redeemers or gurus actually said or did “

“ I don't see any god up here” Yuri Gagarin - first man in space, while in space.

“The invisible and the non- existent look very much alike”

“I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires” Susan B. Anthony

Eskimo:"If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?" Priest: "No, not if you did not know." Eskimo: "Then why did you tell me?"
of course it is. "man made God in is own image".
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

gaffo wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:58 am
of course it is. "man made God in is own image".
God is an idea within the thinking mechanism unique to human brain. God ( an idea) has no image, or, it is every-image.

Following the idea ( God) back to an actual possibility of pinpointing the original origin of 'creator and created' is impossible.
That logic in and of itself tells you everything you need to know...meaning, no one knows anything of their origin/creator.
Reality has no image or knowledge of itself. Therefore, All knowledge claims are a fiction.

There is no 'reality' because there is NO OTHER than reality.

It's really that simple.

Religious ideas are nothing more than the mother of all human (PSYOP)'s ... the thinking believing brain has been living a lie since it's conception...and will probably continue to do so until it's ultimate and final demise..Extinction.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:55 pm
:lol: Got to admire their optimism though.

The Musks, and the Branson's to name but a few, are just Boys with new Toys. Money is cheap.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Dubious wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:35 am First we have to survive climate change ...
Promises, promises!

I've been living in eager anticipation of this promised climate change since the 60's. I love the tropics, and keep moving south, and so far the climate just keeps getting cooler. Just ten years ago when I moved to South Carolina, the first summer we had weeks of weather in the high 90s and low 100s. Not one summer has been that warm since.

Some people will believe just anything.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

BeatriceMom wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:49 pm I think the future of humanity is in space exploration.
If by humanity you mean the current crop of human beings on this planet, I doubt if the civilized races of the universe will allow them to succeed in invading space with their corruption.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:55 am
Sculptor wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:55 pm
:lol: Got to admire their optimism though.

The Musks, and the Branson's to name but a few, are just Boys with new Toys. Money is cheap.
Toys is right.
Since the high spot in human space exploration Apollo 11-17 we'd been promised Moon bases, orbital hotels and lunar tourism by the year 2001.
None of this happened. If it had been economically viable it would have happened. It turns out that manned space flight is a lot more difficult and expensive. - and dangerous
The other thing is that there is very little point.
Whilst Elon Musk tries to "get his life in perspective" by visiting space, he might be better off visiting a children's hospital or food bank.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

RCSaunders wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:49 pm
Dubious wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:35 am First we have to survive climate change ...
Promises, promises!

I've been living in eager anticipation of this promised climate change since the 60's. I love the tropics, and keep moving south, and so far the climate just keeps getting cooler. Just ten years ago when I moved to South Carolina, the first summer we had weeks of weather in the high 90s and low 100s. Not one summer has been that warm since.

Sorry! There isn't enough data here compared to the data available to negate climate change; try again if you like. But you're right that some people will believe just anything...especially if you believed it long enough.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Dubious wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:33 pm
RCSaunders wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:49 pm
Promises, promises!

Sorry! There isn't enough data here compared to the data available to negate climate change; try again if you like. But you're right that some people will believe just anything...especially if you believed it long enough.
I don't care if you believe there is global warming. I keep hoping you're right. I'll ask you, as I do everyone else who keeps promising it's going to be warmer, when am I going to see it? I've been waiting for it for over 40 years and there isn't any yet.

Unlike you, I want it to be warmer. Just because you don't like the idea, doesn't mean it's a bad thing. Just think about growing oranges and coconuts in Canada, and how much more tropical beach front property there will be, to say nothing of all the money people will save on heating bills.