Religion is Man- Made

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: Religion is Man- Made

Post by attofishpi »

bahman wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:34 pm
attofishpi wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:30 pm
bahman wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:05 pm
So, the religions are made of God?
Not sure if there is a "SIGAF" ---as in 'should i give a fuck' - in relation to this.

Trust me....this God has no adverary, IT is THAT c££t.
Cannot you speak plain English? What is c££t? What is adverary?

Oh...shit....then I guess It means I AM LUCIFER - the mourning and the morning STAR.
bahman

Post by bahman »

attofishpi wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:38 pm
attofishpi wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:30 pm

Not sure if there is a "SIGAF" ---as in 'should i give a fuck' - in relation to this.

Trust me....this God has no adverary, IT is THAT c££t.

Oh...shit....then I guess It means I AM LUCIFER - the mourning and the morning STAR.
Perhaps It is me (God)? I can make stories, like fallen God!
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

bahman wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:44 pm

...well then, trip trip, trip trip fool and god.
bahman

Post by bahman »

attofishpi wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:48 pm
bahman wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:44 pm

...well then, trip trip, trip trip fool and god.
I made many trips! But enough is enough.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:21 am
Belinda wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:03 am
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:42 am

No thing is doing anything. No thing is saying there is a mind, no one is saying there is no mind.

This is the truth that the 'separate self' cannot bear to notice. The 'separate self' is a reflexive responsive unitary action of the senses to stimulus. It's nothing appearing to be something which is nothing.

Generic words are ''sound'' heard as words. Sound is the effect of two material surfaces rubbing together.

The brain is the biological computer. A computer is not conscious, there is only consciousness one without a second.

The brain has no author, or creator that you can call ''a you''.

If the brain is your brain, then try recreating one ( make one from scratch)
Okay, let's say there is no mind. Well, what is it that exists? DAM exists because she cares about cats, and slaughterhouses. DAM exists because she knows she will die and cease to exist. DAM exists because she knows others exist and suffer.

When I say "knows" you could reply as is your habit, "there is no thing that knows". True. By "knows" I really mean experience, so that DAM and I experience the fact of death and nothingness. And DAM and I experience the existence and suffering of others, because here we are.
What’s the difference between knowing and experience…none, they arise simultaneously one with knowing.

It’s not a “someone” who experiences knowing…you are the knowing that cannot be known.

It’s all very simple.

You are the experiencing of what you uniquely experience in your real life.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:50 am
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:40 am
Age wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:10 am

How is this thread "meant" 'to go'?
Well if you have anything to do with this thread, then it’s probably 210% max ..going to go terribly terribly WRONG !!

That I can guarantee.
Okay, but my question was, How is this thread MEANT to go?
Well if you have anything to do with this thread, then it’s probably 2102% max ..going to go terribly terribly WRONG !!

That I can guarantee, prove me wrong.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:14 pm

What is "knowing"?
Knowing is awareness.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:03 am

Would you choose to be born if you knew you would have a much better life than the one that you have had to endure so far?
If I could choose to be born, knowing what I know during this life, I wouldn’t touch the offer with an infinitely long barge pole.

There is no such thing as a BETTER life.

Better implies not good enough, and so there’s just no way to exclude the “not good enough’s” from reality, else “the better’s “ would have no meaning or value.

Stop living in sugar plum fairy lala land …face reality as it actually is..which is either bad or the absence of bad.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

For atto ..the wannabe omniscient one

Who likes to think he knows my private life.
Please make an attempt to live...have a hobby, a passion, it must be in all of us, somewhere.
I know you would love nothing more than to be a super hero, but please…. They’re just fables, a bit like your God. 🤡
AlexW

Post by AlexW »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:10 am Generally speaking, negative thoughts are labeled bad, and positive thoughts are labeled good...my point is, who really gets to decide what's good or bad, evil or beautiful? who has ultimate authority over meaning and interpretation regarding knowledge?

If someone wants to preach to me that I am in a dark place just because I dare to say what's on my mind, then they are welcome to their opinions, but that doesn't make them true for another person. I happen to think life sucks, and that for me is anything but dark or depressing, it's quite the opposite for me, for me, to be able to accept reality for what it really is, is extremely enlightening and vigorating.

If I believe that life is a bad idea, which I do, that is a genuine feeling coming through for me, because for me, it's just accepting things for the way I personally see them, and that to me, is not being in a dark or bad place, it's being in a very good place. For me, the dualistic nature of language/knowledge means the opposite is also true. I've always held to this philosophy, it's unique to me, so it seems, I do not have a problem with saying what I believe to be the truth. I was literally born this way. And I'm perfectly ok and accepting of my philosophy, that may or may not come accross as being alien to others, but if it is, then that is not my problem, I can only see the world according to how it is being reflected to me.
Sure, nobody has "ultimate authority over meaning and interpretation regarding knowledge", these things are always, as you also mentioned, based on personal conditioning etc etc - yet there still is a certain difference between good and bad thoughts (and their expression via language) - the difference is the effect they produce (and not so much weather they are being labelled good or bad).

A thought, just like a physical gesture or behaviour, can harm or mend, it can destroy or build, it can tear apart or connect.

As I see it, this is the real difference between good and bad thoughts (or actions) - and seeing life as a "bad idea", as something that "sucks" and should rather be avoided, can never connect, build or mend, it will tear apart and destroy ...

And yes, of course it is good to "accept reality for what it really is" and this can be "extremely enlightening and vigorating" - yet, what you seem to be doing is not accepting reality for what it really is (otherwise you would not have a negative opinion about it), but rather seeing your interpretations of reality as something that is actually ultimately true (which, as you well know, can never be the case).
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

AlexW wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:32 am
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:10 am Generally speaking, negative thoughts are labeled bad, and positive thoughts are labeled good...my point is, who really gets to decide what's good or bad, evil or beautiful? who has ultimate authority over meaning and interpretation regarding knowledge?

If someone wants to preach to me that I am in a dark place just because I dare to say what's on my mind, then they are welcome to their opinions, but that doesn't make them true for another person. I happen to think life sucks, and that for me is anything but dark or depressing, it's quite the opposite for me, for me, to be able to accept reality for what it really is, is extremely enlightening and vigorating.

If I believe that life is a bad idea, which I do, that is a genuine feeling coming through for me, because for me, it's just accepting things for the way I personally see them, and that to me, is not being in a dark or bad place, it's being in a very good place. For me, the dualistic nature of language/knowledge means the opposite is also true. I've always held to this philosophy, it's unique to me, so it seems, I do not have a problem with saying what I believe to be the truth. I was literally born this way. And I'm perfectly ok and accepting of my philosophy, that may or may not come accross as being alien to others, but if it is, then that is not my problem, I can only see the world according to how it is being reflected to me.
Sure, nobody has "ultimate authority over meaning and interpretation regarding knowledge", these things are always, as you also mentioned, based on personal conditioning etc etc - yet there still is a certain difference between good and bad thoughts (and their expression via language) - the difference is the effect they produce (and not so much weather they are being labelled good or bad).

A thought, just like a physical gesture or behaviour, can harm or mend, it can destroy or build, it can tear apart or connect.

As I see it, this is the real difference between good and bad thoughts (or actions) - and seeing life as a "bad idea", as something that "sucks" and should rather be avoided, can never connect, build or mend, it will tear apart and destroy ...

And yes, of course it is good to "accept reality for what it really is" and this can be "extremely enlightening and vigorating" - yet, what you seem to be doing is not accepting reality for what it really is (otherwise you would not have a negative opinion about it), but rather seeing your interpretations of reality as something that is actually ultimately true (which, as you well know, can never be the case).
Thanks for the sentimental mush. I'm astounded at your stupidity. Some people just do not seem to get it, do they.

Seeing reality for what it really is, includes the idea there is an apparent ''someone'' aka a ''me'' having a negative opinion about it.

Big fucking deal, duh, I have a negative opinion about a negative fucking reality, who'd have thunked it!! geeeze, you people are so dumb.

Stop being thick. Your just another regurgitating parrot spouting off ideas, that makes your A hole tingle :D ..just admit that to yourself, and stop with the pretence.

BYe the way...All spiritual gurus are full of shit too. They are brimming with interpretations as well. They need to smell the shit and stop trying to embellish it with their mush, they need to just swallow it right down, and stop sugar coating it.

The cold hard fact about life for sentience, is that it doesn't need a silly arse wannabe ( I-know- it- all ) interpretation. Life can be SEEN AND KNOWN to be what it is, in CLEAR plain sight, even without ever opening one's pie hole. Life is disgusting, only a fool would not see this.

Your just another idiot who has a phobia of your own dark thoughts...as for me, I don't reject anything, including negative and dark thought, and that makes me the smartest thing to ever grace this planet.

OOOH, but the spiritual people say you shouldn't be having dark thoughts...that's BAD you know, you can't possibly be enlightened or intelligent if you know the darkness. What a load of POO HEADS...I mean really!! what an absolute joke.

Just keep deluding yourself Alex. The gurus have been pulling the wool over your eyes forever...it's all about the money, and what's in this for me, when it comes to the ''listen to me, I'm a spiritual guru, I know things'' ...And I'm going to sell you my bullshit because your dumb and not so smart gullibility makes me rich. In essence it's all about the money, and what's in it for me mentality. Not really that much different to when the dinosaurs ruled the earth for millions of years, nothing has evolved, it's just wearing a different FACE.
AlexW

Post by AlexW »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:53 am Thanks for the sentimental mush. I'm astounded at your stupidity. Some people just do not seem to get it, do they.

Seeing reality for what it really is, includes the idea there is an apparent ''someone'' aka a ''me'' having a negative opinion about it.

Big fucking deal, duh, I have a negative opinion about a negative fucking reality, who'd have thunked it!! geeeze, you people are so dumb.

Stop being thick. Your just another regurgitating parrot spouting off ideas, that makes your A hole tingle :D ..just admit that to yourself, and stop with the pretence.

BYe the way...All spiritual gurus are full of shit too. They are brimming with interpretations as well. They need to smell the shit and stop trying to embellish it with their mush, they need to just swallow it right down, and stop sugar coating it.

The cold hard fact about life for sentience, is that it doesn't need a silly arse wannabe ( I-know- it- all ) interpretation. Life can be SEEN AND KNOWN to be what it is, in CLEAR plain sight, even without ever opening one's pie hole. Life is disgusting, only a fool would not see this.

Your just another idiot who has a phobia of your own dark thoughts...as for me, I don't reject anything, including negative and dark thought, and that makes me the smartest thing to ever grace this planet.

OOOH, but the spiritual people say you shouldn't be having dark thoughts...that's BAD you know, you can't possibly be enlightened or intelligent if you know the darkness. What a load of POO HEADS...I mean really!! what an absolute joke.

Just keep deluding yourself Alex. The gurus have been pulling the wool over your eyes forever...it's all about the money, and what's in this for me, when it comes to the ''listen to me, I'm a spiritual guru, I know things'' ...And I'm going to sell you my bullshit because your dumb and not so smart gullibility makes me rich. In essence it's all about the money, and what's in it for me mentality. Not really that much different to when the dinosaurs ruled the earth for millions of years, nothing has evolved, it's just wearing a different FACE.
Wow! I hope you have got it all out now! You surely know how to swear like a sailor :-)

Anyway, DAM, you just keep on living your "disgusting life" while I keep enjoying mine.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Alex, I don't approve of your (feeble) attempt to intimidate DAM. Many of DAM's sweary images I learned at a posh school in the 1940s! To extend your sailor metaphor, DAM is like a lone sailor in a small boat down at the level of the dangerous waters whereas you are perhaps on a disgusting cruise ship with thousands of others to validate you..
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

AlexW wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:11 am
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:53 am Thanks for the sentimental mush. I'm astounded at your stupidity. Some people just do not seem to get it, do they.

Wow! I hope you have got it all out now! You surely know how to swear like a sailor :-)

Anyway, DAM, you just keep on living your "disgusting life" while I keep enjoying mine.
I’m enjoying my disgusting life, that’s the beauty of not pretending any more, that’s the only positive about all this, the intelligence…to see through all the BS and to stop believing in my own lies, and denial of the actual truth, rather than the truth that we hope is real.

Most religious freaks convince themselves that life is worth the ticket…why, because their belief is that Gods going to fix it all, or everything’s ok because God has a plan…utter BS

I enjoy life like everyone else, I’m not that stupid, it’s just that given the choice to do it all again, I’d rather pass on that offer.

Even if the offer did come with a life time supply of orgasms and pretty flowers. I’d still pass.

Does that mean your winning at life and I’m not….No it doesn’t…that’s just another retarded comment, typically the response of those who favour one reality over another….but for me, I don’t mind either for one very good reason.
Walker

Post by Walker »

AlexW wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:32 am Sure, nobody has "ultimate authority over meaning and interpretation regarding knowledge", these things are always, as you also mentioned, based on personal conditioning etc etc - yet there still is a certain difference between good and bad thoughts (and their expression via language) - the difference is the effect they produce (and not so much weather they are being labelled good or bad).
Yep, thoughts can rage out of control and boil over into action. Bad thoughts are called bad because folks with some sense know about causation, know that certain thoughts have effects that are bad in all kinds of ways detrimental to the individual, group and species. Take away the blather and the causes of detrimental all trace to what folks know of physicality.

What's the course for what one knows are bad thoughts? If one has a doubt about expressing a thought with body or voice, then first giving the doubt some rational attention is in order. Pause.

Actions or words must first pass through some tests that can pre-determine the effects.
Last edited by Walker on Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.