Which would you choose?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Re: Which would you choose?

Post by Greatest I am »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:11 am
Greatest I am wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:09 am
According to the popular fable. God gave us free will,
I wanted to correct you on this point with a separate post.

This is another issue that Christians run from when questioned on what follows. That tells me the information has some truth and value against their notions of free choice.

--------

Are non-believers doomed by Divine Design?

Scriptures say that God decides if a person will be a believer or non-believer. Those scriptures are shown in this link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byHYeHN4ZUQ

Those quotes seems to really screw up the free will notion that Christians say God gives us.

The free will that God offers is kind of a joke anyway given the number of people whose free will to live is ignored in the billions of adults, children and babies that God is shown to torture and murder in scriptures.

If the bible and Yahweh are to be believed, and as a non-believer, I, of course, cannot believe it, thanks to God, by God’s design and will against me, then why did God deny me belief or faith?

Even more important to believers, might be to answer the question of; did God make you a believer in things that you can only hope exists and can never confirm?

Are you happy with God ignoring or negating your free will to think as you please?

I have assumed that God’s work of creating both believers and non-believers is working. If that is so, and you believers must think it so, just as I as a non-believer cannot think it is working, --- and Jesus said that those with faith could do all he did and more, --- then there is not even one believer or person of faith that has ever existed.

Either the bible and Christianity is all a lie, or there must be some who can do what Jesus did.

What is your choice of those two options?

Is the bible and Christianity a lie, or is God just not creating any people with faith, --- which would make all Christians who say they have faith, --- liars.

I mean no insult here but someone is definitely lying, if we read what is written and look at reality and listen to Christians.

What do you think is the truth?

Is it just for God to create people doomed to hell even if they wanted to believe?

Regards
DL
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Greatest I am wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:51 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:09 am
Should some supernatural and immoral god devise the laws of mankind? ---- No.
According to the popular fable. God gave us free will, and then slammed us in hell forever, just for using it.

Yeah, sounds about right, no surprises there, defo the work of human intelligence. :D
I hear you.

It would not be so stupid of Christians if they did not turn around and sing that Adam's sin was a happy fault and necessary top god's plan.

They never come back to explain what in hell they are doing.

It is strange that I know how to do their apology for that, but I will not educate the fools of today who are too stupid to think about what they are singing and doing.

Regards
DL
I hear you too.

There’s just no cure for stupidity. Especially when it’s a known concept.

That’s why none talking animals are luckier than talking ones.

Except for the pain part, never could get my head around Revelation 21:4

Dumbest idea I evver hoid …duh, blur, blah, blur, blah…🤪

Humans are lying about God. Because they cannot face the reality, that life ultimately has no meaning. So they have to make their own, enter God.
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

I would not have a preference either way but definitely not one who wanted worship
I would much prefer one that was deistic and did not allow the suffering of innocents
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:09 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:51 pm

According to the popular fable. God gave us free will, and then slammed us in hell forever, just for using it.

Yeah, sounds about right, no surprises there, defo the work of human intelligence. :D
I hear you.

It would not be so stupid of Christians if they did not turn around and sing that Adam's sin was a happy fault and necessary top god's plan.

They never come back to explain what in hell they are doing.

It is strange that I know how to do their apology for that, but I will not educate the fools of today who are too stupid to think about what they are singing and doing.

Regards
DL
I hear you too.

There’s just no cure for stupidity. Especially when it’s a known concept.

That’s why none talking animals are luckier than talking ones.

Except for the pain part, never could get my head around Revelation 21:4

Dumbest idea I evver hoid …duh, blur, blah, blur, blah…🤪

Humans are lying about God. Because they cannot face the reality, that life ultimately has no meaning. So they have to make their own, enter God.
I see them lying just for tribal and fellowship reasons. They have weak minds and let their need of fellowship control/negate their moral thinking.

That is why they can adore a genocidal god and his immoral religions.

Do you agree with them that life has no meaning?

I see meaning and purpose in my existence/life and have had a really happy and still productive life.

You?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

surreptitious57 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:11 pm I would not have a preference either way but definitely not one who wanted worship
I would much prefer one that was deistic and did not allow the suffering of innocents
That is a bit of the, --- the meek will inherit the Earth --- thinking.

Do you see nature as favoring the weak, which I think you mean by innocent, over the strong of least fit over the most fit?

As an aside. Remember that in Christianity, all are born sinners and already condemned to hell. Hence the need for Baptism and or a savior/scapegoat.

Regards
DL
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

Nature is amoral and I have no problem with that in principle
I also have no problem with suffering in principle since it is how one grows
But the suffering of innocent human beings is not something I could justify
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

surreptitious57 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:07 pm Nature is amoral and I have no problem with that in principle
I also have no problem with suffering in principle since it is how one grows
But the suffering of innocent human beings is not something I could justify
You seem to be saying that you do not want the less fit or innocent to grow.

I read you as contradicting yourself.

Regards
DL
seeds

Post by seeds »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:38 pm
seeds wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:21 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:01 pm My question is:

Which truth would be more appealing to you: the truth that there is a God or the truth that there is not a God? Or (in other words) if you could magically cause one of those two propositions to be true or to be the case, which one would you choose to be true? Also, why would you choose it to be true?

My answer: Personally, I think I would choose for there to be a God. The reason for that is that I want there to be divine justice. I don't think I trust human justice to truly be justice. And I feel like I want there to be justice in the world.
Be careful what you wish for, Gary, because I have to ask, does that divine justice also include the justice administered to the members of imperialistic societies (such as America, for example) who allow their leaders and armed thugs to torture and murder thousands (if not millions) of humans all over the world in order to gain access to their resources for the benefit of said members?

Have you ever wondered what the Biblical injunction...
"...Judge not lest ye be judged..."
...actually means?

Again, Gary, be careful what you wish for.
_______
Yes. I know. What is the alternative, however? That we get away with our crimes? Or, to put it another way, the first one to get away with their crimes wins?
Speculatively speaking, the "alternative" is encapsulated in the realization that the dimension of reality that we will awaken into after death is so far and away above this one in terms of scope, purpose, and importance...

...that it renders what we do during our short stay within this universe with about as much relevance compared to it, as our kicking and thrashing in our mother's womb had to our subsequent birth and life on earth.
_______