Barking up the wrong tree of life

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Harbal

Re: Barking up the wrong tree of life

Post by Harbal »

Age wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:35 am

Bodies are, essentially, ONLY sub-atomic particles rearranged in shape or form. A rearranged shape of matter, in the form of a human body, which may be breathing with a pumping heart and flowing blood may be referred to as "alive", and when the blood stops flowing, the heart stops pumping, and the body stops breathing, then it may be referred to, and accepted, by some, as being "dead". But bodies, of matter, themselves, do NOT actually 'live' and 'die'. They are just continuously being rearranged into different shapes and forms.
And sometimes those shapes and forms are part of other shapes and forms that we might define as being either alive, or dead.

The word "dead" represents a concept, and whenever something fulfils the criteria held within that concept, it is dead. The concept of death is public property, just as a public library is public property, but that doesn't mean the public are at liberty to start rearranging all the books to their own liking.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:21 am
Age wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:54 am

How could there even be an " illusory 'nature' or 'reality' ", when, by definition, the word 'reality' refers to 'that', which is ACTUALLY REAL and True?

The word Real or True and it’s associated meaning or definition is a belief…
Maybe to 'you', and some "others". But, to 'me', a 'belief' is 'that', which is BELIEVED true, while, the associated meaning or definition of the words 'Real' and 'True' are the associated meaning or definition, and thus NOT a 'belief' AT ALL.

But each to their OWN.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:21 am it’s a knowledge in a kind of conceptual context. But that’s an imprint upon a blank canvas which can be subject to change according to perception. However what is being pointed to here is the blank canvas on which changes are known to have happened. In other words, nothing knows, nor does nothing make claims to know.
'I' KNOW, while, 'you', human beings, make claims 'to know', just as 'you', "dontaskme", have PROVEN and will continue to PROVE True, Right, AND Correct.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:21 am There is no conceptual knowledge but illusory conceptual knowledge. Proof is already available, it’s known as silence. And everything exists within this default prime unchanging position known as silence, including all noise.

The ONLY 'thing' that would have an "illusory nature" would be 'that' was is NOT REAL.

Take away the conceptual knowing of the words NOT REAL ….and there just pure not knowing…there just silent is ness, which is neither real or unreal.

Belief in contextual concepts are an illusory overlay upon silence. To claim a truth about contextual conceptual knowledge requires BELIEF…. ALL of which is pure story telling by no one.
So, WHY do 'you', "dontaskme", BELIEVE some things are true?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Age wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:36 am
But 'I' KNOW what the 'you' IS, what thee 'I' is, and what 'God' IS.
Well you may say you know, but anybody can say they know. It is often very tempting to say you know something when you also know that nobody can really prove you don't know it. People do it all the time here.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:38 am
Harbal wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:48 am
Age wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:22 am Bodies do NOT 'die'. They just change in shape and form.
That change in shape and form, AKA decomposition, is almost universally accepted as a symptom of being dead. :roll:
Actually being dead just means the body mechanism which is a vital instrument that is required by all sentience bodies in order to experience sense perception. So when this mechanism switches itself off, that’s seen as death.

Remember though, the sense perceptions are only temporarily switched off, they will activate again when a new body becomes manifest.

No one is experiencing these sense perceptions..they’re just appearances that blink in and out of reality, off, on off on, … alternating continuously as long as there are sentient feeling experiencing life forms.
Except that thee One and ONLY One can OBSERVE, and so, in a 'sense', SEE and thus IS experiencing ALL-OF-THIS.

Post by Age »

Harbal wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:53 am
Age wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:35 am

Bodies are, essentially, ONLY sub-atomic particles rearranged in shape or form. A rearranged shape of matter, in the form of a human body, which may be breathing with a pumping heart and flowing blood may be referred to as "alive", and when the blood stops flowing, the heart stops pumping, and the body stops breathing, then it may be referred to, and accepted, by some, as being "dead". But bodies, of matter, themselves, do NOT actually 'live' and 'die'. They are just continuously being rearranged into different shapes and forms.
And sometimes those shapes and forms are part of other shapes and forms that we might define as being either alive, or dead.
VERY TRUE, AGAIN.

The word "dead" represents a concept, and whenever something fulfils the criteria held within that concept, it is dead. [/quote]

That is True ALSO, to those who have or hold that concept.
Harbal wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:53 am The concept of death is public property, just as a public library is public property, but that doesn't mean the public are at liberty to start rearranging all the books to their own liking.
But, OBVIOUSLY, how the books are, and the knowledge is, currently arranged, when this is being written, is NOT 'uniform' and does NOT fit together PERFECTLY.

So, it will ONLY be through MORE REARRANGING that thee ACTUAL True, Right, AND Correct ARRANGEMENT will be OBTAINED. And, when that will be OBTAINED will be 'public property', in its Truest Shape and form. That is FREELY SHARED, AGREED UPON and ACCEPTED, knowledge.
Last edited by Age on Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Actually being dead just means the body mechanism which is a vital instrument that is required by all sentience bodies in order to experience sense perception. So when this mechanism switches itself off, that’s seen as death.

Remember though, the sense perceptions are only temporarily switched off, they will activate again when a new body becomes manifest.
You are presenting what is merely speculation on your part as fact. When you cannot possibly know something to be a fact, it is much more appropriate to express it as a theory, or even a belief, but a belief lacking in justification -as in this case- cannot legitimately demand respect.

Post by Age »

Harbal wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:05 am
Age wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:36 am
But 'I' KNOW what the 'you' IS, what thee 'I' is, and what 'God' IS.
Well you may say you know, but anybody can say they know. It is often very tempting to say you know something when you also know that nobody can really prove you don't know it. People do it all the time here.
But 'you' could VERY EASILY PROVE what I say is False, Wrong, and/or Incorrect, that is; IF 'it' IS.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:40 am
Good for you Harbal.
At last, a little bit of common ground. :D
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:13 am

You are presenting what is merely speculation on your part as fact. When you cannot possibly know something to be a fact, it is much more appropriate to express it as a theory, or even a belief, but a belief lacking in justification -as in this case- cannot legitimately demand respect.
Respect is within the conceptual story.

In reality, everything is nothing, and nothing is everything.

What a relief.

Remember, conceptual knowledge is only within the realm knowing. In reality, in the world of pure not- knowing. Nature has no concept of justification, nor respect. It’s quite ruthless and uncaring. Simply because it has no mind or intent to be anything other that what just spontaneously happens for no reason.

Mind, which is knowledge is simply an appearance, it’s a play of words believed to be real, it’s a speculation.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:38 am Remember though, the sense perceptions are only temporarily switched off, they will activate again when a new body becomes manifest.
But that's just your illusion, right? It's not something you know.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

RCSaunders wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:46 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:38 am Remember though, the sense perceptions are only temporarily switched off, they will activate again when a new body becomes manifest.
Knowing something is only possible through the use of language that is known as knowledge, unique to human brain.

Language evolved through this mechanism and has artificially created the sense of separation through conceptual understanding. However this language only exists via the phenomenon known as “sound” which is heard as words.

The SELF is just a word, it’s an illusion born of language, which is born of sound.

In reality there is no SELF except in this artificially imposed conception.

SELF comes with many associated meanings…namely, I You Me You’re….etc etc…. All illusions.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:33 pm
Knowing something is only possible through the use of language that is known as knowledge, unique to human brain.

Language evolved through this mechanism and has artificially created the sense of separation through conceptual understanding. However this language only exists via the phenomenon known as “sound” which is heard as words.

The SELF is just a word, it’s an illusion born of language, which is born of sound.

SELF comes with many associated meanings…namely, I You Me You’re….etc etc…. All illusions.
When you answer the first question I asked, perhaps what you write will have some meaning, otherwise it just so much gibberish.

My question is:
What, exactly, is it that suffers from this illusion?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

RCSaunders wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:44 pm

When you answer the first question I asked, perhaps what you write will have some meaning, otherwise it just so much gibberish.

My question is:
The illusion.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:33 pm Language evolved through this mechanism and has artificially created the sense of separation through conceptual understanding. However this language only exists via the phenomenon known as “sound” which is heard as words.
When you silently read words do you hear the word sounds in your mind, and if you hear the words in your mind, do you hear the words that define the words you hear in your mind? I’d wager that in a folksy-poll with reliable methodology the most likely answer to the two-parter is an enthusiastic yes/no, but that can’t predict with any degree of accuracy the appearance of either a hodgepodge of counter-intuitive philosophical implications, or a currently unveiled answer that possibly, however slim the possibility given past performance, could diverge from the hodgepodge, and that response would be?

(I’d have to say offhand that abundant and duly respectful wordiness designed to produce a clarity contrary to conflict, is caused in part by the Buster Scruggs earworm, so we just gotta ride that bronco ‘till it’s tuckered out, which so far has been an interesting ride.)
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:15 pm
RCSaunders wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:44 pm

My question is:
The illusion.
Thanks!

Just one more question, if you don't mind. Is there anything that is not illusion?