Barking up the wrong tree of life

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Barking up the wrong tree of life

Post by Dontaskme »

CHRISTIAN THEOLOGY
spiritual existence after death of the body.
"the belief in eternal life"
Dontaskme

Re: Barking up the wrong tree of life

Post by Dontaskme »

According to the English language, “eternal” means “without beginning or end, always existing, lasting forever.

So the claim “I am the knower” is wrong - for there is absolutely no knowledge of anything existing without beginning or end…no thing lasts forever.

Knowledge is an illusion. Therefore all meaning and point is born of what is fundamentally totally meaningless and pointless.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:38 pm According to the English language, “eternal” means “without beginning or end, always existing, lasting forever.
That defines the present, where reality is.

Knowledge is an inference.

"I Am is true, all else is inference."
- Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

The logic of this quote is ironclad.
It is irrefutable, and answers your every metaphysical wonderment.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:06 am
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:38 pm According to the English language, “eternal” means “without beginning or end, always existing, lasting forever.
That defines the present, where reality is.

Knowledge is an inference.

"I Am is true, all else is inference."
- Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

The logic of this quote is ironclad.
It is irrefutable, and answers your every metaphysical wonderment.
The quote is wrong.

It’s a claim without a claimer. It’s an illusion believed to be literal, by the illusion itself.
Knowledge therefore can only point to the illusory nature of reality.

To know can only appear as a duality which is the mirror image of no thing/ nonduality

No thing can ever be eternal.

Religion has had the brain fooled since it’s conception…there is no God because there is only God. And God is not what humans think it is.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:03 pm No thing can ever be eternal.
That means the present ain't a thang.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:59 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:03 pm No thing can ever be eternal.
That means the present ain't a thang.
Thangs, thongs or whatever things are is irrelevant.

All there is is consciousness, the sense that "I am". Whatever rises within consciousness is no different from consciousness itself and to make something of it is totally pointless. Reality is a zero sum game for no one.

illusion.

Knowledge is a mere remedy to cure the disease of ignorance, and once ignorance has vanished, knowledge no longer has any real existence. "Within Reality there is neither knowledge nor ignorance. When "I" do not exist, when "I" am not, He only is and that is Reality, that is Self without self."

God is just another word for consciousness or every thing and no thing. In other words, ultimately all knowledge is a made up story, knowledge is a fable. A claim without a claimer.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:39 am

All there is is consciousness, the sense that "I am". Whatever rises within consciousness is no different from consciousness itself and to make something of it is totally pointless. Reality is a zero sum game for no one.

illusion.

Knowledge is a mere remedy to cure the disease of ignorance, and once ignorance has vanished, knowledge no longer has any real existence. "Within Reality there is neither knowledge nor ignorance. When "I" do not exist, when "I" am not, He only is and that is Reality, that is Self without self."

God is just another word for consciousness or every thing and no thing. In other words, ultimately all knowledge is a made up story, knowledge is a fable. A claim without a claimer.
So once a consciousness accepts this to be the case, then what?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

So the claim “I am the knower” is wrong - for there is absolutely no knowledge of anything existing without beginning or end…no thing lasts forever.
This does not follow

Knowledge is an illusion.
How do YOU know??
Therefore all meaning and point is born of what is fundamentally totally meaningless and pointless.
Does not follow again.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:38 pm Knowledge is an illusion.
What, exactly, is it that suffers from this illusion?
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:33 pm
How do YOU know??
He just has an, illusion, knowledge is an illusion, err .... something like that.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

some punk once said "use your illusion"...

-Imp
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:58 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:39 am

illusion.

Nothing.

Nothing remains.

There’s nothing to hold onto, because there’s nothing here, except empty dreams.

Discussing about this subject either happens or there’s just silence, at the moment there’s discussion which is just mindless information being processed by the nothing, appearing to be something.

Isn’t that fun.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:30 am
Harbal wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:58 pm

Nothing.

Nothing remains.

There’s nothing to hold onto, because there’s nothing here, except empty dreams.

Discussing about this subject either happens or there’s just silence, at the moment there’s discussion which is just mindless information being processed by the nothing, appearing to be something.

Isn’t that fun.
So what's the point in telling us? Wouldn't we be better off not knowing?

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:52 pm CHRISTIAN THEOLOGY
spiritual existence after death of the body.
Bodies do NOT 'die'. They just change in shape and form.
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:52 pm "the belief in eternal life"
There is NO 'need' to BELIEVE in what is ACTUALLY, an ALREADY PROVEN True, FACT.

Post by Age »

What???

Thee Universe IS eternal, AND infinite. Therefore, thee existing Universe has NO beginning NOR ever ended. Thee Universe "lasts", or more correctly, 'exists', FOREVER.

As has ALREADY been PROVEN True, but of which, 'the knowledge of', some are just yet to be exposed to.
Are those four words 'knowledge', or just 'ignorance'?
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:38 pm Therefore all meaning and point is born of what is fundamentally totally meaningless and pointless.
Well you have CERTAINLY made what you have said and expressed here TOTALLY meaningless AND pointless.