Is accepting Jesus as messiah a sin?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

It seems to me, that to accept Jesus as our messiah or scapegoat, means abdication our responsibility for our sins and placing it on the messiah or scapegoat.

I think that to use a scapegoat is a sin.

If you are religious, is this the sin that you think you did to deserve hell? If not, what is it that causes you to sin to be saved?

Regards
DL
Terrapin Station

Re: Is accepting Jesus as messiah a sin?

Post by Terrapin Station »

Aside from "messiah" and "scapegoat" being very different semantically, are sins really determined by personal intuition (per religious claims)? Or is there some religious source in Christianity for saying that accepting Jesus as the messiah is a sin?
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Terrapin Station wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:51 am Aside from "messiah" and "scapegoat" being very different semantically, are sins really determined by personal intuition (per religious claims)? Or is there some religious source in Christianity for saying that accepting Jesus as the messiah is a sin?
A couple and a bonus.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

The declaration which says that God visits the sins of the fathers upon the children is contrary to every principle of moral justice. [Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason]

If Jesus and his followers go against what Jesus should have been preaching as a Rabbi, see above, I think it they would have been preaching and doing evil.

We are all to pay for our own sins.

Regards
DL
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Greatest I am wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:33 pm
Terrapin Station wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:51 am Aside from "messiah" and "scapegoat" being very different semantically, are sins really determined by personal intuition (per religious claims)? Or is there some religious source in Christianity for saying that accepting Jesus as the messiah is a sin?
A couple and a bonus.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

The declaration which says that God visits the sins of the fathers upon the children is contrary to every principle of moral justice.
and counter to the Torah itself - Zek was coutering the torah naravive - you know the 7 generations of the so and so are sined for opposing the jews when they marched in to Canan - and the Amalikites - all exterminated 2700 yrs ago (except the Judaic rabid Rabbis that say the arabs are the suriving amalikes - thus the wonderfull book "The King's Torah" written only 6 yr ago by 2 Jewish Rabbis in Kiryat Arba - - kill the arba baby - he only would grow up a terrroist)

Settler Israelis - showing the best of Judiasm, and yep the only good non-jew (arab) is a dead one.

Apartied Idsrael - gotta lovem em. i await the hesbara to labl me as anti-semitic. that lable like niggre is so overused now its lost its original nature - due to being used outide of its intent - to just shut folks up.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Thanks for this.

I agree that the Jews were not into sinning to be saved.

Their sacrifice rituals were for community building; not punishing the innocent instead of the guilty.

Regards
DL